Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E12: Girlfriend in a Coma

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, Joana said:

Moving on: yeah, the OR in the middle of the surgery is as good time and place as any to give a verbose coming out speech. Although, in this show's universe, it does make perfect sense.

Man, this episode.

Oh, so many cringe worthy moments, from glasses saying I'm gay to whomever cared to the DeLuca and Meredith kiss. I liked the idea of the storyline of the patient who died, but it was so predictable.

• Love 4

I will say one thing about Meredith and DeLuca (and her dating history in general over the last few seasons): I absolutely LOATHE the way TV and movies keep perpetuating this ridiculous myth that if a woman is not responding to your advances, it's because she's playing hard to get, and not heavens forbid, that she's just not interested. And that if you keep bugging her long enough, she'll eventually give in and accept you. UGH.

And then people wonder why there are so many stalkers out there. 

Edited by Joana
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Joana said:

I will say one thing about Meredith and DeLuca (and her dating history in general over the last few seasons): I absolutely LOATHE the way TV and movies keep perpetuating this ridiculous myth that if a woman is not responding to your advances, it's because she's playing hard to get, and not heavens forbid, that she's just not interested. And that if you keep bugging her long enough, she'll eventually give in and accept you. UGH.

That’s grey’s anatomy in a nut shell tbh. Meredith kept telling mcdreamy “no” and he kept asking. But Meredith *was* doing the coy thing so it’s iffy.

its hypocritical of Krista to call merder toxic because of this AND the imbalance of power but then be all for merluca 😕 

off topic, “one day at a time” just released their third season and they have an episode dedicated to exactly this trope. It’s pretty awesome. 

Edited by moonorchid
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Joana said:

OK, that was way too much snark from me, so I won't even begin commenting on Meredith's love triangle and her twu wuv with DeLuca.

There were things I liked, though. Jo was a doctor and not the Future of Medicine. And I've decided that I find Teddy and Koracick cute together, so stupid Owen better not mess with it.

Oh, god, if there's a snark limit here, I'm in trouble.

I liked T & K getting pedicures together. That was a cute scene.

39 minutes ago, Joana said:

Yeah, I really hate the "we both know you really want this" attitude (with a little bit of "you owe me something" thrown in...the only thing she might owe both of them is an apology for not showing up when she said she would). 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Joana said:

Remember this hospital is pretty much a middle school. The boys and girls only tease the ones they like. Then their little friends pass them in the hall and say things like “love tiangle!” While the object of affection stomps their feet and says “I don’t like him! Stop! He’s not my boyfriend!” all while smiling. They just need to be carrying binders with their crushed names scribbled on them in hearts. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Joana said:

I absolutely LOATHE the way TV and movies keep perpetuating this ridiculous myth that if a woman is not responding to your advances, it's because she's playing hard to get, and not heavens forbid, that she's just not interested. And that if you keep bugging her long enough, she'll eventually give in and accept you.

For real, and this episode covered a span of at least three months! Three months and both legs of the love triangle are still trying to plan a first date? Just ridiculous. I know Grey's is pretty loose when it comes to time, but they all just look stupid that this has dragged on for so long and there's no commitment from anyone. 

I wouldn't mind if Teddy and Koracick remain friends. Like @ams1001 said, the pedicure scene was cute -- as long as it was a friendship scene! There's so few friendships on the show these days. The magic of the early seasons were the friendships.

Where was Alex? Did he even have any lines in this episode? Or did he just hand out hams and throw a party?

• Love 9
10 hours ago, shantown said:

For real, and this episode covered a span of at least three months! Three months and both legs of the love triangle are still trying to plan a first date? Just ridiculous. I know Grey's is pretty loose when it comes to time, but they all just look stupid that this has dragged on for so long and there's no commitment from anyone. 

I wouldn't mind if Teddy and Koracick remain friends. Like @ams1001 said, the pedicure scene was cute -- as long as it was a friendship scene! There's so few friendships on the show these days. The magic of the early seasons were the friendships.

Where was Alex? Did he even have any lines in this episode? Or did he just hand out hams and throw a party?

I'm probably one of the few who actually likes Teddy, so her and Koracick are okay, as long as it keeps him on the show. He's the best thing that's happened to Grey's in years. I agree that the pedicure scene was cute, we need more of that. Someone else said that Koracick has chemistry with everyone, and I agree. 

• Love 7

Is it just me or does the actor who plays Ben look VERY different? I thought it was a different actor at first and then went googling to find out if he had admittedly had cosmetic surgery, lost or gained weight or something else to make his face look different - and maybe even his voice a little.  Not surprisingly, I found nothing at all. Am I losing it or did anyone else notice this too???

Edited by llewis823

So is Station 19 being cancelled?  Did they bring Ben and Bailey back together because the actor needs his old gig back?  I wonder.....

(full disclosure, I find Station 19 unwatchable but I do like the Ben character)

4 hours ago, nokat said:

I'm probably one of the few who actually likes Teddy, so her and Koracick are okay, as long as it keeps him on the show. He's the best thing that's happened to Grey's in years. I agree that the pedicure scene was cute, we need more of that. Someone else said that Koracick has chemistry with everyone, and I agree. 

I always liked Teddy and I like her Koracick together. Great character and I like that his being with Teddy potentially gives him a second chance to be a dad, which will of course piss off Owen and that's always fun to watch. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, berwoman said:

So is Station 19 being cancelled?  Did they bring Ben and Bailey back together because the actor needs his old gig back?  I wonder.....

(full disclosure, I find Station 19 unwatchable but I do like the Ben character)

Not cancelled, but on a break until March. I figure that they just really want mini crossovers with Ben and Bailey. I assume they can afford Ben for a couple of scenes every couple of episodes. I just still don't get why Bailey and Ben split to begin with. It didn't really provide a good arc, besides listening to Bailey complain for half of the season and then watch her have panic attacks. It should have been more sympathetic than it actually ended up being.

The thing about the Betty/Brittany/Leo stuff is that, although I understand Owen getting attached to Leo and fully sympathize with him potentially losing him...he always knew it might not work out. And, when Leo eventually gets taken away (since this is Greys and the revelation of this secret is never going to have a happy ending), Owen still has his biological kid (they said it was a girl, right?) that'll be born in a few episodes so at least he's not going to lose the ability to care for a child. He could have lost Leo AND had to go through the fostering/adoption process again and had to wait even longer for his own kid. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, berwoman said:

That was my thoughts too. I haven't watched it and haven't heard it has been canceled, but you kind of wonder why they'd bring him back if he was going to be on Station 19.

I was confused by the time jump; what a weird episode. At first I was thinking, it had already been February so we were watching almost an entire year go by. Turns out I had not noticed at all what month it was supposed to be in the last few episodes.

I was hoping they would not kill off the to-be-married lady. they seemed nice. I was distracted by all the people in her room--including surgeons I don't recall being involved in her case. Seemed to be an overdone attempt to involve everyone possible in a scene.

I too was taken aback by them having Deluca ask Mer out of a drink on Christmas Eve. Seriously? It's not realistic he would be that stupid. Why do they write him as if he has no idea she has kids? I am really hoping Linc and Deluca are just temporary distractions and they bring in someone else as a serious love interest. Neither works for me.

• Love 8

So I kind of liked DeLuca and Meredith after the elevator/Italian scenes, but after last night?

Hard pass. 

That kiss was so awkwardly painful to watch. Worse than Gizzy or Jaggie and that's saying something.

DeLuca comes off as a spoiled brat and while he had great chemistry with Maggie, whatever zip there was in the elevator has evaporated. Don't try to tell me that Meredith seriously think he's worth turning back time for.

Seeing Linc with Mere's kids and his laidback attitude but yet so much more mature given his childhood battle with cancer, he's a much better fit for Meredith. Not sure on the chemistry - yet - but IMO, that's the fault of EP, who is seriously phoning it in.

I'm surprisingly ok with Tom and Teddy - eating yummy food while getting a pedi is my kind of date. 

I liked that Ben and Bailey reunited but it would have resonated more if we had seen them more this season and last.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I too was taken aback by them having Deluca ask Mer out of a drink on Christmas Eve. Seriously? It's not realistic he would be that stupid. Why do they write him as if he has no idea she has kids?

49 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Seeing Linc with Mere's kids and his laidback attitude but yet so much more mature given his childhood battle with cancer, he's a much better fit for Meredith.

I cannot get beyond DeLuca's cluelessness regarding Mer being a single mother with three children at home to root for them as a couple.  He's not met them.  He's not interacted with them.  To him they aren't even an afterthought.  

I wasn't crazy about Linc either, but he came through for the birthday party and the Santa cookies, which clearly shows he recognizes Mer is a mom with other obligations.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Earmuffs Mom said:

I cannot get beyond DeLuca's cluelessness regarding Mer being a single mother with three children at home to root for them as a couple.  He's not met them.  He's not interacted with them.  To him they aren't even an afterthought.  

I wasn't crazy about Linc either, but he came through for the birthday party and the Santa cookies, which clearly shows he recognizes Mer is a mom with other obligations.

Didn't DeLuca live with Arizona when Arizona had custody of Sofia? Granted, one child as opposed to three, but DeLuca has been around children, and has seen a single mom trying to raise children. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Didn't DeLuca live with Arizona when Arizona had custody of Sofia? Granted, one child as opposed to three, but DeLuca has been around children, and has seen a single mom trying to raise children. 

Actually he moved out of Arizona's place *because* Sofia was coming back to Seattle. Arizona needed the space.

But he did live with them for a while, he testified on Arizona's behalf in that farce of a custody battle with Callie. So, he clearly should know what a single mother's life must look like, but apparently he regressed to the mental age of 16 since that time. Maybe some delayed consequences of that beatdown by Alex? 

Anyway, like it's been pointed out by plenty of people, his total lack of ackowledgement of the fact that Meredith has children should be more than enough of a dealbreaker for her. But since he drags her down to his high school mentality mind level when they interact, maybe they are a match made in heaven after all. Poor kids if they have to be raised by the two of them. Well, at least they have Amelia and Maggie to look after them. Poor kids.

In all seriousness though, I'm pretty sure they'll soon show him being a totally awesome father figure to Meredith's children and I'm already dreading the the ridiculousness of it.

• Love 8

Lest we forget that a mopey Andrew crashed on Meredith's couch for a short while after his intern lover fled to Switzerland. I forget how he ended up there, but I do remember Zola making a comment that he smells. So he's very much aware that Meredith has three children at home, he's just too selfish to care. 

• Love 12
10 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Lest we forget that a mopey Andrew crashed on Meredith's couch for a short while after his intern lover fled to Switzerland. I forget how he ended up there, but I do remember Zola making a comment that he smells. So he's very much aware that Meredith has three children at home, he's just too selfish to care. 

How true and then add into his sex talk addict Italian speaking sister and that is a family I stay far away from any type of relationship. At least Linc is aware and understands Meredeith, they just having Deluca come across as: "hey, I have a MILF." 

• Love 4

Meredith wasn't thrilled about Andrew freeloading on her couch and being messy, but now all of a sudden he's the one who "turns back time" for her? GMAB 

This "love triangle" was never really a triangle. Link wasn't stalking Meredith around the hospital. He made his interest known, she was wishy-washy with him, hence his surprise when she asked him out on Valentine's Day. He helped her with little Bailey's party out of the kindness of his heart because he saw her in a jamb. He's attracted to her, yes, but it was Jo who initiated wanting to hook up her friends. Link was barely in this "Andrew vs Link" fight, and Andrew bogarted nearly every scene he was in.

Foolishly, tptb had made up their mind about Meredith and Andrew at the start of the season, which is unfortunate for many reasons, least of which is that she quickly developed better chemistry with Koracick out of all current prospects. I find it funny how we no longer see Meredith and Koracick interact, and Link - the other guy - has come out looking better than the alternative because of the show's heavy-handed attempts at making Andrew "the one". 

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Earmuffs Mom said:

DeLuca used to have sleepovers with Maggie at that house all the time, then crashed there for a while on the couch last season. I think Zo even called him Uncle Andrew or something. He's met the kids. 

• Love 2
On 2/11/2019 at 9:09 PM, funnygirl said:

So he's very much aware that Meredith has three children at home, he's just too selfish to care.

19 hours ago, Layne said:

DeLuca used to have sleepovers with Maggie at that house all the time, then crashed there for a while on the couch last season. I think Zo even called him Uncle Andrew or something. He's met the kids. 

I forgot about that...but as the first quote says, he's clearly disregarded them for his own self-absorbed desire to get laid.

• Love 4
On 2/11/2019 at 3:29 PM, CountryGirl said:

Seeing Linc with Mere's kids and his laidback attitude but yet so much more mature given his childhood battle with cancer, he's a much better fit for Meredith. Not sure on the chemistry - yet - but IMO, that's the fault of EP, who is seriously phoning it in.

Except that Linc is so smarmy .. or something.. off putting maybe? I am all for Mere having a fling! and with a younger guy! right on!

But I don't think Deluca or Linc are supposed to be true love or anything like that. Mere is just having fun. I kind of like that she blew the both of them off a couple different times. haha! I am all for Mere keeping the power in whatever relationship she chooses or doesn't chose.

I hardly remember anything else. Don't care about .. well most of the other characters to be honest. Alex is still one of my faves but he seems to be on his own show. Like he didn't even have any lines this ep-- right?

• Love 1
On 2/9/2019 at 3:23 PM, maasa said:

Meredith has better chemistry with Koracick, Owen, Jackson and even Linc. If they really wanted Meredith to be with a much younger guy they should have left Maggie with DeLuca and paired her up with Jackson. They both have children, powerful surgeons as mothers and have both been married so there's common ground.

This ^^

• Love 1