Type keyword(s) to search

Hanging With the Hendersons - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Oh, I've just discovered there's a topic for this show. I officially have no. clue. about where the hell anything is on PTV now. Maybe I'll find my way around over time.

I posted about a recent episode over in another spot. Just want to say that I was happy to see their visit to Longhopes Donkey Shelter. It's a favorite place of mine. I know someone who has volunteered there for years, and have visited it a few times mostly when they have open houses. It's so cool to walk among the donkeys. They are so sweet, kind of like big dogs you can lean against. (Any cantankerous donks are not in pens where the open house visitors can interact with them but there are rarely any of those. They tend to be males who haven't been treated well and/or socialized at all.) Longhopes doesn't breed donkeys, but sometimes they will rescue a pregnant jennet who then gives birth there. Donkey foals are just adorbs. That is all.

That was also the episode where the little dog didn't make it. I could watch it and it was good to see everyone scrambling to save the dog although they ultimately could not. I was a bit troubled by how upset and crying the young vet was, and kind of put off by the scene later on where he was hugging the dog's owner. I don't know, it just struck me as odd.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 3

Barrington is such an adorable dog. I want to hug him. 💕

Poor little Sheltie had cancer. ☹️ Where did that couple find a sweater big enough for that Great Dane? Too cute.

I love Dr. Tony’s accent.

• Love 1

That poor wolf/dog. 😢 I was hoping she would get fixed up and go live at the refuge. The docs and staff were gutted. 🖕🏻to the trigger happy idiot who shot her. 🤬

I was surprised to see a Borzoi at a free clinic. I always associate the breed with wealth. Such gorgeous dogs!

• Love 1
(edited)

I liked the look of those carriers the Dude’s (he abides) dad had his cats in. I think I saw a label that said “Sleeping Pod” on it. Have to google that. Update: The carrier is called Sleepypod and is way too expensive for me!

I love the facial expression of Dr. Ross’s dog.

I cheered too when Stella (beautiful dog) barfed up the second sock. Yeah, dude, those are an expensive pair of socks! 

Edited by LittleIggy
To update info.
  • Love 1

I can’t believe Gregory is 18 years old! Wow. 

Poor Gideon the mastiff did have cancer. Hope he continues to do well. Man, that was a big dog!

After seeing The Vet Life the night before (recorded HWTH), I’m glad that bearded dragon didn’t have a black beard!

I just love Dr. Tony’s voice...

• Love 1

I just discovered this show. Dr. Ryan---what is the deal with his fiancé? Where did he meet her, what does she do, etc? She said something last night about having only been with Dr. Ryan face to face for a few months, but they are engaged. Was it an online relationship or long distance? 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Pickles said:

I just discovered this show. Dr. Ryan---what is the deal with his fiancé? Where did he meet her, what does she do, etc? She said something last night about having only been with Dr. Ryan face to face for a few months, but they are engaged. Was it an online relationship or long distance? 

IIRC, they had a long distance relationship. She moved to CO from back east. I don’t remember how they met. That stuff doesn’t really interest me! You’ll find the answers watching back episodes.

The cat who had UT issues was such a sweet calm kitty. I told my cat Lord Baelish that I wished he would behave like that. He acts as if I’m trying to kill him when I try to put ointment on his eyes.

I loved that parrot!

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 1