Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: The $800K Hustle

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

I am certain it was a setup. Most of the scenes on this show are. Like showing Lizzie giving her confession to a priest that was probably a crew member from the show. Otherwise, why didn’t the priest come out and greet them all when they arrived?

I haven't been to confession in years but I'm pretty sure the priest doesn't come out to greet the sinners.   Personally, I was surprised the church still uses the confessional with the barrier.   Many churches have moved on to face to face conversations. 

What does support your theory is that priests don't hang out in the confessional all day waiting for people to show up as this one appeared to.  There is an appointed weekly time for confessions, usually late Saturday afternoons, and often there are a number of other people gathered in the pews near the confessional waiting to confess or quietly praying as they perform their penance.   

I too find it difficult to believe the church would condone a confession being filmed and recorded, but for all we know the camera crew grabbed a few surreptitious shots, then had Lizzie loop in the dialogue in post production.   We didn't hear the priest at all, did we? 

At the same time, I can't believe the church would give permission to the film crew to use the confessional and install an actor in place of a priest.   Confession is a sacrament.   It's not to be profaned.

• Love 15

It's all unbelievable, and so many people on this show just need to get a job (Scott's son, Lizzie's daughter, Scott, Matt, Caitlin, Megan, Sarah, Michael).  Marcellino: employed!  Yay him.  Brittany and Tracie need therapy and rehab and some time away from their devoted men.  Maybe they could find a traffic median somewhere and hang out together. 

Lizzie: I have no words.  "Say your vows right now.  RIGHT NOW.  Those vows were crap.  Don't you love me?   You don't.  I hate you. Here are my crap vows: I love you."  So much whiplash and gaslighting.  

43 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

I was on Jasmine's (I refuse to spell it the way that dumbass Lizzie cursed her daughter with) side until this week.  Yeah, Scott is an enabler but your mom is a user, Jasmine.  She's not innocent.  AT. ALL.  She deserves the majority of the blame.  You're 19.  Quit acting like you're 9.  If you want to have time with just your mom for a while, then tell her.  And what was with that telling Scott that Scott should have asked Jasmine first before proposing to Lizzie?  These people are nuts.  Only Adam seems sane in this particular quadrangle.  

I think your emotional development sometimes ends when you got very hurt.  She lost her mom at 7 (Lizzie is 12 years in, right?).  I'm impressed that she acts like she's 9.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, millennium said:

But she took the classes ... 

And an Oxy. 

1 hour ago, Kangatush said:

Nothing hotter than a man in a tank top with white deodorant smashed into his pits

How much extra deodorant does one need to apply to end up with that effect?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Let's hope it was enough.  I doubt good hygiene is a priority with most of these people.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Cammi said:

She said “Are you dead ass right now?” Struck me as odd, but I’m not up on on the latest lingo.

"Dead-ass" is 100% a slang thing people say. Just add in or swap "serious" or "for real" in your mind. "Are you dead-ass [serious] right now?" 

1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

I was on Jasmine's (I refuse to spell it the way that dumbass Lizzie cursed her daughter with) side until this week.  Yeah, Scott is an enabler but your mom is a user, Jasmine.  She's not innocent.  AT. ALL.  She deserves the majority of the blame.  You're 19.  Quit acting like you're 9.  If you want to have time with just your mom for a while, then tell her.  And what was with that telling Scott that Scott should have asked Jasmine first before proposing to Lizzie?  These people are nuts.  Only Adam seems sane in this particular quadrangle.  

I hate to say I'm on Marcelino's side but in this Pacific argument, I'm on his side.  Brittany was wrong.  I would be pissed if I found out my SO had invited a former lover into our space without telling me - - especially since they were being touchy-feely on camera and Brittany admitted she was still sexually attracted to Amanda. 

I agree with all this. Scott was right when he told Jasmine that if he hadn't given her the money, she'd have gotten it somewhere else. I mean, Scott's not a hero but Lizzie is a con artist and a user. She straight up SAID that she was looking for a trick when she met Scott. She's never going to be the independent woman that Jasmine wants her to be. She's always going to be the person who's supported by a man, whether it's a husband or a trick. I doubt her using people started in prison.

I'm Team Marcellino when it comes to the Amanda thing. Brittany was wrong.

I'm also Team Contractor. Really, Matt has few chances to earn an honest living. He straight up said he has no skills and he's a TWELVE-TIME felon. Most people are going to look askance at that. The contractor said he'd done some time and liked to give ex-cons a chance - that's exactly the kind of opportunity Matt needs, and he just doesn't want it. Like Lizzie, he's not going to be the person who's self-supporting - the difference is that he's going to spend his life being supported by the state in prison. He's said as much. You can tell Matt's friend was thinking "This fucking guy," because he vouched for Matt and now Matt's made him look stupid to his boss - but you can also tell he's afraid of Matt.

I don't understand why Caitlin isn't working. The show calls her an administrative assistant. What happened to that? And she comes across as intelligent - she's pretty well-spoken. Her choices here are just ... confusing. Matt's not that damn cute.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Kangatush said:

The 80s were an interesting time.  And to be fair, not having a nightmare cast is a pretty new concept in children's programming.

I’m a child of the ‘80s but somehow I missed whatever fresh hell that “Zoobilee Zoo” is. (We didn’t get cable until ‘88, so maybe that’s what spared me.) I’ll stick with “The New Zoo Review,” thank you very much.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Someone with a Pacific plan? 

Remember, this is a person who is debating proposing to Megan-My-Queen while he's still married to someone else.  He thinks that he can become engaged to Megan-My-Queen, then tell Sarah it's not going to work because he has a girlfriend/fiancée, then Sarah will go away quietly, then he'll tell Megan-My-Queen that he was married to his baby momma and Megan-My-Queen will be just dandy with it, then end.  

The delusion on this show is amazingly awesome.  

Clint is actually THRILLED that My Goddess is behind bars.  And he owes the rental car company $21,000?  How about calling them up and reporting the car stolen?  And thinking Tracie is some gift from God because she left him $100, while taking $100 and the car?  Did he and Michael take the same Pacific Delusion Course?  

Caitlin, Matt is never going to get a job.  He went into the pokey at 18.  He said himself he's never had to work a(n)(honest) day in his life.  His plan is to hang out, get drunk and/or get high until he gets busted again and goes back in.  That's it.  He had attitude from the moment he headed to that job interview.  If he really wanted to work, he would at least run to the grocery store and get some plastic bags to put over his shoes and/or a Hefty bag to wear over his clothes.  

I'm not exactly sure why Caitlin isn't looking for work also.  What do these two do all day?

Matt's friend Sam is obviously intimidated/afraid of him.  I'm sure he really wanted to say "What?  You fucked this up?  You fucking dipshit!"  I think if the interview was for real, the guy - - also a parolee - - would have hired him and given him a chance.  Matt doesn't want it.  He basically eluded to making money by illegal means if he had to.  That's his plan.  You've been forewarned, Caitlin.

Lizzie got $800K from her tricks?  Wait - - WHAT?  Was it Clint?  Because how on earth does that tired, beat down old 'ho get nearly A MILLION DOLLARS?  And she has nothing to show for it?  Unless you count poor Scott.

I hate to say I'm on Marcelino's side but in this Pacific argument, I'm on his side.  Brittany was wrong.  I would be pissed if I found out my SO had invited a former lover into our space without telling me - - especially since they were being touchy-feely on camera and Brittany admitted she was still sexually attracted to Amanda.  She also saw Amanda during the wedding dress fittings and she didn't tell Marcellino that.   I get that he wants to keep her from people that  might cause her to get into trouble again but they really need to sit down and talk honestly - - not during a ragey sunset walk.  I have to admit I loved how Marcelino broke the fourth wall and got pissed at the cameraman, who had to have known about Brittany and Amanda.  Ha ha ha.  I wonder if we'll see that with Megan-My-Queen and/or Sarah when they find out what Michael's been up to.

Matt could have bought another set of clothes with the $133 they dropped on dinner.

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

And an Oxy. 

Someone should tell him that they have invented clear gel.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

"Dead-ass" is 100% a slang thing people say. Just add in or swap "serious" or "for real" in your mind. "Are you dead-ass [serious] right now?" 

I agree with all this. Scott was right when he told Jasmine that if he hadn't given her the money, she'd have gotten it somewhere else. I mean, Scott's not a hero but Lizzie is a con artist and a user. She straight up SAID that she was looking for a trick when she met Scott. She's never going to be the independent woman that Jasmine wants her to be. She's always going to be the person who's supported by a man, whether it's a husband or a trick. I doubt her using people started in prison.

I'm Team Marcellino when it comes to the Amanda thing. Brittany was wrong.

I'm also Team Contractor. Really, Matt has few chances to earn an honest living. He straight up said he has no skills and he's a TWELVE-TIME felon. Most people are going to look askance at that. The contractor said he'd done some time and liked to give ex-cons a chance - that's exactly the kind of opportunity Matt needs, and he just doesn't want it. Like Lizzie, he's not going to be the person who's self-supporting - the difference is that he's going to spend his life being supported by the state in prison. He's said as much. You can tell Matt's friend was thinking "This fucking guy," because he vouched for Matt and now Matt's made him look stupid to his boss - but you can also tell he's afraid of Matt.

I don't understand why Caitlin isn't working. The show calls her an administrative assistant. What happened to that? And she comes across as intelligent - she's pretty well-spoken. Her choices here are just ... confusing. Matt's not that damn cute.

I can’t imagine skanky “I have your babies in my tummy” Caitlin dressed for an office or acting with workplace decorum.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Spike said:

I can’t imagine skanky “I have your babies in my tummy” Caitlin dressed for an office or acting with workplace decorum.

Clint works at the front desk of a hotel! It must be some type of no-tell motel or maybe the Bates Motel. Couldn’t imagine him being the “face” of Hilton.

• Love 10

Okay, Caitlyn, get a job.  Support yourself, hide all your debit and any credit cards.  I worked a side job at a grocery store and it paid me $15 an hour.  Not gonna get rich but it is SOMETHING. (Plus I rec'd 10% off dry goods, including store brands foods!  $$ saver!)  Date the nice stable guy in the meat department.  Rescue a dog not a grown man.

• Love 18

Matt and Caitlin,  did she seriously think he was going to get out of prison and get a good enough job so they could buy a house???  Is she high or just really stupid? The only work Matt is interested in is drinking and scoring drugs. And like everyone else is asking why doesn't Caitlin get a job?    

Scott and Lizzie,  that church scene was ridiculous.   Jasmine  telling Scott "You should have asked me first if you could marry her and I would have told you No!"   Uh maybe that's why he didn't ask you.   She's as delusional as everyone else on this show.  Lizzie is not going to be a career girl and super mom no matter how much you want her too Jasmine.  Without Scott you and your mother would be living in the nearest homeless shelter.

Clint and Tracie.  "I had two $100 bills in my wallet and she only took one so that's good right?  She still loves me right?"  mmkay

I did not feel the least bit sad for Meaghan as she lay sobbing under that blanket.  

• Love 17
41 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

Matt and Caitlin,  did she seriously think he was going to get out of prison and get a good enough job so they could buy a house???  Is she high or just really stupid? The only work Matt is interested in is drinking and scoring drugs. And like everyone else is asking why doesn't Caitlin get a job?    

Scott and Lizzie,  that church scene was ridiculous.   Jasmine  telling Scott "You should have asked me first if you could marry her and I would have told you No!"   Uh maybe that's why he didn't ask you.   She's as delusional as everyone else on this show.  Lizzie is not going to be a career girl and super mom no matter how much you want her too Jasmine.  Without Scott you and your mother would be living in the nearest homeless shelter.

Clint and Tracie.  "I had two $100 bills in my wallet and she only took one so that's good right?  She still loves me right?"  mmkay

I did not feel the least bit sad for Meaghan as she lay sobbing under that blanket.  

I don't think anyone felt sorry Queen Megan.  She has a real "thing" about besting another woman and taking her man, like a competition she has created.

• Love 12

The only "reality" about this show is that they are all ex-cons and they all had idiots waiting for them when they got out....

Clint's mama telling him that his goddess will eventually lose her looks and he will be stuck with nothing more than a drug addict. Umm Mama, already happened. p.s. Clint's mama has my dream kitchen. They must have a successful business. 

Jasmine needs to stfu. Her mother is trash, always has been, always will be. Why doesn't Jasmine have a job? 

Brittney to Marcellino: "Marcellino, come back here and talk to me or we won't talk". Wow, smart girl.

Lizzie to Scott: Recite  your vows. C'mon, Right Now!  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Speaking of the friend, my other favorite moment of the night was when the potential boss said, So, you’re vouching for this guy? And the friend was visibly panicked about tarnishing his good reputation by vouching for Matt and instead nervously mumbled something like, um, he needs a job—and then scurried off stage right.

Ha! I thought the same thing. I was thinking...if he vouches for this guy, then there's something seriously wrong with him because Matt makes it obvious that he is not interested in actually working for his money [Gasp!]. But then I wonder why he even took him there to meet his boss at all.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Someone with a Pacific plan? 

Remember, this is a person who is debating proposing to Megan-My-Queen while he's still married to someone else.  He thinks that he can become engaged to Megan-My-Queen, then tell Sarah it's not going to work because he has a girlfriend/fiancée, then Sarah will go away quietly, then he'll tell Megan-My-Queen that he was married to his baby momma and Megan-My-Queen will be just dandy with it, then end.  

The delusion on this show is amazingly awesome.  

Clint is actually THRILLED that My Goddess is behind bars.  And he owes the rental car company $21,000?  How about calling them up and reporting the car stolen?  And thinking Tracie is some gift from God because she left him $100, while taking $100 and the car?  Did he and Michael take the same Pacific Delusion Course?  

Caitlin, Matt is never going to get a job.  He went into the pokey at 18.  He said himself he's never had to work a(n)(honest) day in his life.  His plan is to hang out, get drunk and/or get high until he gets busted again and goes back in.  That's it.  He had attitude from the moment he headed to that job interview.  If he really wanted to work, he would at least run to the grocery store and get some plastic bags to put over his shoes and/or a Hefty bag to wear over his clothes.  

I'm not exactly sure why Caitlin isn't looking for work also.  What do these two do all day?

Matt's friend Sam is obviously intimidated/afraid of him.  I'm sure he really wanted to say "What?  You fucked this up?  You fucking dipshit!"  I think if the interview was for real, the guy - - also a parolee - - would have hired him and given him a chance.  Matt doesn't want it.  He basically eluded to making money by illegal means if he had to.  That's his plan.  You've been forewarned, Caitlin.

Lizzie got $800K from her tricks?  Wait - - WHAT?  Was it Clint?  Because how on earth does that tired, beat down old 'ho get nearly A MILLION DOLLARS?  And she has nothing to show for it?  Unless you count poor Scott.

I hate to say I'm on Marcelino's side but in this Pacific argument, I'm on his side.  Brittany was wrong.  I would be pissed if I found out my SO had invited a former lover into our space without telling me - - especially since they were being touchy-feely on camera and Brittany admitted she was still sexually attracted to Amanda.  She also saw Amanda during the wedding dress fittings and she didn't tell Marcellino that.   I get that he wants to keep her from people that  might cause her to get into trouble again but they really need to sit down and talk honestly - - not during a ragey sunset walk.  I have to admit I loved how Marcelino broke the fourth wall and got pissed at the cameraman, who had to have known about Brittany and Amanda.  Ha ha ha.  I wonder if we'll see that with Megan-My-Queen and/or Sarah when they find out what Michael's been up to.

Ditto to EVERYTHING!

• Love 2

I thought the guy interviewing Matt was a prick. And I hate Matt. This guy did not know him from a hole in the wall and was very hostile. It looked like Matt pretended that he knew how to operate that spray gun and when the guy told him to do it, he used the clothing as a way out. The construction guy dodged a bullet by not hiring him but I still think he was an asshole during the interview.

Megan is just such an ass. It made no sense to me that she didn't say she'd go with him unless off camera he told her that it was likely that the PO won't let him leave town again and she'd have no way back. 

I got something of a fake anger vibe from Marcellino while they were in the park. I don't know why. He typically comes off like a powder keg but something was off this time. Maybe it was a re-enactment that didn't go well or something.

Lizzie and Scott are just two gross people that are hard to look at. I FF through their scenes and still need a shower afterwards. 

Clint is a moron. He deserves whatever he gets. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, millennium said:

At the same time, I can't believe the church would give permission to the film crew to use the confessional and install an actor in place of a priest.   Confession is a sacrament.   It's not to be profaned

I’m Baptist, so I really know nothing about Catholic traditions and how confessional works. Thank you for the info. :) I started to wonder if they filmed it on a movie set or something.... all the decorations made up to look like a wedding was taking place, or had just taken place. It all looked to fake and contrived to me.

The reason none of these people have jobs is because they are filming a TV show. Clint probably had to request a certain amount off to film. And with 10 new episodes ready to start ... what’s their incentive to get a 9-5?

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

It looked like Matt pretended that he knew how to operate that spray gun and when the guy told him to do it, he used the clothing as a way out.

I disagree re: the interviewer being a jerk, but I agree with you here. I don't think Matt knew what he was doing and was trying to avoid being shown up - he said straight up that he felt like the interviewer was making him look stupid (I was thinking, "no, you're doing that on your own"). The interviewer asked him if he knew how to do the whatever and Matt said he did; odds were good he was lying (though he's far from the first person to lie about his qualifications in an interview) and he felt cornered and lashed out. He's SO institutionalized - the way he was talking about respect, the way he was talking about the charge he might have caught ("if I catch an assault 2 charge") ... everything about him screams "I don't like it on the outside."

Also, even if the interviewer WAS a jerk, sometimes you have to swallow your pride for the sake of a check. As Matt has said, he's a 12-time felon with no skills. His options are extremely limited (this is why I wonder how Caitlin could think he was going to sweep her off her feet with their own house and a family. 12 felonies, no skills, an issue with authority and a hair-trigger temper is not a recipe for success). The interviewer had him pegged when he said Matt just didn't want to work that hard. He's lazy.

Caitlin has a car; why doesn't she drive for Lyft or something?

• Love 22
5 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I disagree re: the interviewer being a jerk,

It's funny because I couldn't figure out why I was siding with Matt kind of. I guess I've seen other prison shows in which people give ex-cons a shot and especially if they have been "inside" they know that the institutionalized thing is hard to break. I definitely agree with you about sacrificing your pride for a check and maybe I thought that Matt definitely wasn't there yet because he only recently got out. Truth be told, I don't think he ever will. The guy has a straight up problem with authority and will never be employed because in 10 years he probably will have the same attitude.

There was also a little part of me that wondered if the interviewer was nasty on purpose to see how this guy would deal with adversity. Imagine if this dude sent Matt to someone's home to do some cement work or look at their AC or whatever and they were snippy to him or complained if he was late or something and he took a poke at someone.

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

It's funny because I couldn't figure out why I was siding with Matt kind of. I guess I've seen other prison shows in which people give ex-cons a shot and especially if they have been "inside" they know that the institutionalized thing is hard to break. I definitely agree with you about sacrificing your pride for a check and maybe I thought that Matt definitely wasn't there yet because he only recently got out. Truth be told, I don't think he ever will. The guy has a straight up problem with authority and will never be employed because in 10 years he probably will have the same attitude.

There was also a little part of me that wondered if the interviewer was nasty on purpose to see how this guy would deal with adversity. Imagine if this dude sent Matt to someone's home to do some cement work or look at their AC or whatever and they were snippy to him or complained if he was late or something and he took a poke at someone.

Matt said he had done HVAC work and could run ductwork for the guy. So the guy knew he didn’t have painting experience, and was probably just testing Matt to see if he would admit he didn’t know how to prime the pump or whatever the terminology was or just bluff.  It’s important for people doing construction (or any kind of work) to admit when they don’t know how to do something so it can be demonstrated for them.  The interviewer probably had bad experiences with other proud guys who wouldn’t admit they didn’t know how to do something and botched the job.  I don’t think Matt really cared about getting dirty — look at his teeth, he doesn’t care about his personal appearance.  He didn’t want to admit he couldn’t use the painting equipment without instruction.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Spike said:

So the guy knew he didn’t have painting experience, and was probably just testing Matt to see if he would admit he didn’t know how to prime the pump or whatever the terminology was or just bluff.  It’s important for people doing construction (or any kind of work) to admit when they don’t know how to do something so it can be demonstrated for them.  The interviewer probably had bad experiences with other proud guys who wouldn’t admit they didn’t know how to do something and botched the job.

YUP.

The correct answer to "Prime this pump" was "Tell me what to do and I'll do it. "

• Love 22
23 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I guess I've seen other prison shows in which people give ex-cons a shot and especially if they have been "inside" they know that the institutionalized thing is hard to break.

He WAS giving Matt a shot. Most people wouldn't even talk to Matt. Matt blew it by refusing to do what was asked of him, and then immediately getting fired up and nasty about it. When Caitlin asked "Well, do you have another interview lined up?" and Matt said "No, but I can go get one" I was thinking "Where?"

• Love 19
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Clint works at the front desk of a hotel! It must be some type of no-tell motel or maybe the Bates Motel. Couldn’t imagine him being the “face” of Hilton.

I think he said  he works nights. When I come rolling into a hotel at 3:00 AM Freddy Kreuger could be at the desk and I would be happy to see him.  With that said, you don't want the face of your business to look like the before picture for a combination rehab and skin rejuvenation clinic. 

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I think he said  he works nights. When I come rolling into a hotel at 3:00 AM Freddy Kreuger could be at the desk and I would be happy to see him.  With that said, you don't want the face of your business to look like the before picture for a combination rehab and skin rejuvenation clinic. 

I assume it’s a budget chain.

How does Clint know “ what it’s like for beautiful women out alone on the streets”?????? Do we need to check his backyard for bodies??

I’m going to need to see a baptismal certificate and a first communion certificate before I believe that Lizzy's ever been to confession before. $800,000??? I am paying back my grad school student loan the wrong way apparently.

Edited by PityFree
Typo
  • Love 12
40 minutes ago, PityFree said:

How does Clint know “ what it’s like for beautiful women out a loan on the streets”?????? Do we need to check his backyard for bodies??

I’m going to need to see a baptismal certificate and a first communion certificate before I believe that Lizzy's ever been to confession before. $800,000??? I am paying back my grad school student loan the wrong way apparently.

That was my thought too!!!  Holy moly I need a better side hustle than tutoring kids......

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Drogo said:

Lizzie confesses to an $800,000 hustle; Megan expects a proposal from Michael; Matt's temper flares at a job interview; Brittany reveals a secret to Marcelino; Clint reveals shocking details about the night Tracie went on the run.

I cant stand Jasmine she is a bitch

• Love 7

It's amazing how delusional these non-felons are that their felonious loved ones are going to go straight and how stunned and hurt they appear to be when the felons return to their old ways.  Caityln, you really expect him to react any other way when someone is challenging him?  Megan, you are really surprised he didn't clear things with his parole officer?  Sarah, buyer of phone he doesn't have to answer, are you really surprised your man hasn't contacted you and you don't know where he is?  Clint, you are really surprised that she took your rental car, went on a drug binge and is now back in jail?  They must think that if they are the saviors of each, they will be grateful and never leave them.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, toodles said:

William to Kate: I'm off to play polo darling

Kate:  You serious?

William:  Dead ass

I can see it.

I think it was first used by William’s parents during their engagement interview

Interviewer. Are  you in love?

Charles... Dead Ass, whatever in love means.

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 15
57 minutes ago, not you again said:

My guess is she knows if she gets a job, she'll be supporting him for the rest of her short life.

I know she has said she hates drugs, but everything about her screams junkie to me.

But what about supporting herself? Is it true that she has kids? What about supporting them? For all but the 1% of us, work isn't optional.

• Love 2

One thing that IS sad about this show is how hard it is for inmates to adjust to "normal" life afterward being released.  They are living in this fantasy about how their "boo" is going to take care of them afterwards and they will have their freedom back, etc.  Reality really is a bitch especially when their loves on the outside are just as delusional as them thinking the ex-inmate is going to solve all "their" problems.  For one thing, most are still addicts and that will always be the most important thing when they get out.  It's pretty laughable that weddings are the priority here when these people can't even see a future beyond the next day. 

Back to the snark....

• Love 8
58 minutes ago, anitajensen said:

Also why didn’t she visit her mom even once?  I can see not taking little kids but she has been a teen for six years.

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

It's amazing how delusional these non-felons are that their felonious loved ones are going to go straight and how stunned and hurt they appear to be when the felons return to their old ways.  Caityln, you really expect him to react any other way when someone is challenging him?  Megan, you are really surprised he didn't clear things with his parole officer?  Sarah, buyer of phone he doesn't have to answer, are you really surprised your man hasn't contacted you and you don't know where he is?  Clint, you are really surprised that she took your rental car, went on a drug binge and is now back in jail?  They must think that if they are the saviors of each, they will be grateful and never leave them.

Megan called the parole officer a probation officer so she doesn’t get the basics.

• Love 4

Poor control freak Marcellino.  Must be tough knowing he'll never get close to the degree of intimacy Brittany shared with Amanda, locked up with her 24/7 under conditions where women would be desperate for any kind of loving human contact.

Say what you will about Amanda, her butterface or whatever, but in the few short clips we have seen of her she has demonstrated more affection for Brittany than anything said or done by the Great Santini.  Marcellino treats Brittany more like a foster child than a girlfriend, laying down the house rules, cracking the whip when she doesn't measure up.   

Brittany's to blame, too, because I think she's kidding herself that she wants to be with a man.   You can hear the wistfulness in her voice when she speaks of Amanda, while her attitude towards Marcellino makes me think she could take it or leave it and would probably leave it without much provocation.   Perhaps she sees becoming a wife as the safer bet if she wants to get her son back, because with it comes a household income and the veneer of stability.   

• Love 18
1 hour ago, anitajensen said:

I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt because I'd guess her relationship with her mother is stalled from when she was 9 or 10 and she has this idealized version of her mother in her head, but she's getting on my nerves too. She doesn't see her mother clearly at all (that's why I find Matt's mom so refreshing, because she knows exactly who her son is. I'm sure she wishes he'd turned out better but she's not in any kind of denial). She kind of reminds me of someone on The Real Housewives of Potomac whose mother has been with & has a child with a man the cast member hates. The cast member keeps saying "If my mother didn't date all these lame dudes, she'd be amazing" but she can't see that the common denominator is her mother. Like, her mother is the one who voluntarily decided to join her life with a man who lived in a tent (true story - her mother's boyfriend was living in a tent when she met him). All the men in her mother's past are trash because her mother picks trash men.

I hope Jasmine saw this episode because it's proof that it's not Scott who was forcing her mother to do all this stuff. There are lots of tricks in her mother's past who fed her drug habit, and her mother intentionally manipulated them to get them to do that. Scott is stupid but Lizzie is the one who was acting out of malice. I'd bet Jasmine didn't see a dime of that $800K (yeah, right) either.

• Love 13

Doesn't Goodwill have bras? Lizzy said that Jazmine got her a bunch of clothes there but she apparently forgot those in addition to what size clothing her mom actually should be wearing. I'm guessing Lizzy and I are close in chest size and there's no way I could or would go without support.

I have a hard time taking Sarah's blaccent seriously because it makes me think of this SNL sketch: 

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

Not a fucking thing. He is absolutely hideous inside and out. And he is about 5'5 and weighs 110 lbs. Absolutely no redeeming qualities about this ugly ass douche bag...or his fake "virgin" ugly annoying fat ass Megan. 

Why all this hate for Meagan and none for dumbass Sarah who might be pregnant again by this idiot?  Meagan fat?  Oh, okay.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I don't think anyone felt sorry Queen Megan.  She has a real "thing" about besting another woman and taking her man, like a competition she has created.

I have a couple problems with Megan (outside of talking to her reflection about getting dick): one, she seems to have too much hair, like she's wearing a wig on top of her real hair but is making no effort to conceal her real hair.   And two, she keeps her glasses on for sex.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Poor Megan. She didn't even get to bask in the afterglow of all that was put on her the night before. (So not fair!!) Call me crazy but I think he really does like Megan. Not that anything in that shitshow of a love triangle is redeeming.

Matt looks worse and worse with each passing week. In every sense of the word.

• Love 6

Caitlin -telling Matt that he could have just replaced those clothes with new ones with the many paychecks he would have earned is the smartest thing she has said all season. 

Like many of you still trying to figure out why she can’t get a job? 

Lizzie -made me Laugh before they entered the church she told Jaz & Adam to watch how they speak inside the church ... meanwhile she has her boobs out.

Meghan- Didn’t feel sad for her when she was left alone crying,because I know that’s what to expect from a loser like Michael. I don’t like to judge based on looks but I’m sorry he just has “player” written all over him. 

Seriously why didn’t she ask to go??  Isn’t Meghan atleast a little curious as to why this “perfect” Michael keeps turning his phone off?  Or why perfect Michael hasn’t called or mentioned his daughter or checked on her since he decided to leave for over 24 hours? 

For a guy that claims to want a bond with his daughter so bad he has a shitty way of showing it.  

Clint- still a man baby not much to say. 

Britney- Still doesn’t realize how sneaky it was to bring over an Ex. But Marcelino or whatever isn’t perfect either. 

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

They must think that if they are the saviors of each, they will be grateful and never leave them.

And there you have it. The reason these people hook up online with prisoners. They know where they are, and once they get out they can control the relationship. In their dreams.

Every single person I’ve seen on these shows get a prisoner because they’ve been dumped or cheated on in the past. They finally have someone who will depend on them and not leave their side.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Why all this hate for Meagan and none for dumbass Sarah who might be pregnant again by this idiot?  Meagan fat?  Oh, okay.

I think it has been pointed out that Sarah is fugly and looks like Ralph the marionette on Pee Wee’s Playhouse.  I also think she is one squint from being Popeye.

Her bad life choices are too easy to point out.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, millennium said:

I haven't been to confession in years but I'm pretty sure the priest doesn't come out to greet the sinners.   Personally, I was surprised the church still uses the confessional with the barrier.   Many churches have moved on to face to face conversations. 

What does support your theory is that priests don't hang out in the confessional all day waiting for people to show up as this one appeared to.  There is an appointed weekly time for confessions, usually late Saturday afternoons, and often there are a number of other people gathered in the pews near the confessional waiting to confess or quietly praying as they perform their penance.   

I too find it difficult to believe the church would condone a confession being filmed and recorded, but for all we know the camera crew grabbed a few surreptitious shots, then had Lizzie loop in the dialogue in post production.   We didn't hear the priest at all, did we? 

At the same time, I can't believe the church would give permission to the film crew to use the confessional and install an actor in place of a priest.   Confession is a sacrament.   It's not to be profaned.

Catholic here, and I don't believe for a minute that this show would be given permission to record in a church under these circumstances. Especially in the confessional booth. 

I feel badly for Scott's son. He seems like a good kid having to stand by and watch his idiot father jump through hoops for grifter Lizzie. 

At least Clint doesn't have to roam the streets, worrying about his goddess. She's back where she belongs in the local county jail. Happy day!

Any bets on which one of these clowns goes back to jail next? I'm thinking Matt will be headed back in the very near future.

• Love 2