Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Athena

Super Bowl LIII: The Live Chat Topic

I'm watching a movie on my computer with the sound muted for the game.

Don't have to listen to Romo that way.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Calvada said:

Drink water everyone!

Yeah, it's my drink most of the time. 

I'm gonna find something else to watch. 

“I’m Jordan Peele, the new face of sci-fi/horror. (pause) Yeah, I’m as surprised as you, but that Oscar hasn’t vanished on me yet.”

Reminder: Animal Planet will be running Puppy Bowl all night.

TurboTax: “Here’s Robochild. Happy nightmares!”

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 6

No fuck you Turbotax that robot thing is terrifying and makes me hate your product, your ad agency and all of the actors who chose to participate.

• Like 7

TurboTax: “Here’s Robochild. Happy nightmares!”

Can we please throw that stupid creepy robot in the landfill already? 

• Like 4

“Here’s another nonfiction show we’ll be running! Fuck you, fans of The Amazing Race! You’ll wait until late May and like it!”

• Like 2

I'm not a a go for it on 4th down person, but I do think that was the right call even if they didn't get it. 

The Rams punter is the team MVP at this point. 

• Like 2

"You're going to see adjustments from both of these coaches coming out for the second half."

Great insight there, Romo, I don't think I would have thought of that on my own.

• Like 7

Heh. I was looking to see if a first half had three points or less, and then they announce it was Super Bowl IX.

Man, the Halftime Show looks better now, doesn’t it? And maybe Andre 3000 attacks Big Boi with a steel chair. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 3

This 1st half was lame, the commercials are pretty much crap, & now the absolute garbage of a halftime show is about to start. Hopefully, the 2nd half will be better.

• Like 4

Wake up Rams offense! What a waste of a good defensive effort. The Pats will definitely clean it up in the second half. Blah.

Edited by twoods
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Magog said:

This 1st half was lame, the commercials are pretty much crap, & now the absolute garbage of a halftime show is about to start. 

That about sums it up thus far.

My husband is a die-hard Pats fan and he's struggling to stay awake.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 1

TLC has Dr Pimple Popper’s Poppy Bowl. So, it could be worse. 😏

Edited by Spunkygal
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, WritinMan said:

Time to switch to the Puppy Bowl.

Animal Planet really screwed up the timing on this. The Super Bowl heads to halftime, when a lot (me) of people are changing channels and they are showing the end of the Puppy Bowl?

Never mind. Fixed.

Edited by xaxat
  • Like 1

Ruckus at a NFL100 dinner. Lot of CTE jokes there.

ETA: Franco Harris reliving the Immaculate Reception was sweet, but I think a lot of effects were used overall. It’s not just CTE . . . a lot of the old-schoolers still have lingering  injuries.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 3

Am I supposed to be entertained by this halftime show?  So very bored.  With all of it so far -- game, commercials, everything.

• Like 7

Who the hell is this youngun?  I'm old

He is Mrs. Kylie Jenner "aka" Travis Scott.

Lamest halftime show ever? I don't know what the demographic for this show would be. Bring back people like Beyonce or Lady Gaga who actually know how to ... perform.

• Like 9

I've attended high school musicals that had better production value than this disaster of a halftime show. This is painful.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Magog said:

He is Mrs. Kylie Jenner "aka" Travis Scott.

Oh ok, thanks.

I actually like Maroon 5 but this is coming off as kinda desperate.

• Like 6

“Maroon 5 . . . because Three Doors Down was already booked.”

1 minute ago, Growsonwalls said:

Lamest halftime show ever? I don't know what the demographic for this show would be. Bring back people like Beyonce or Lady Gaga who actually know how to ... perform.

Well, that may have happened . . . but politics. That’s why Maroon 5. Seriously, when was the last time they were relevant?

• Like 4

Oh shit now Big Boi.  The olny way this shitshow can be redeemed is if Andre shows up.

Edited by Ohwell · Reason: He actually was "Bog" Boy tonight though
  • Like 5

Just now, Lantern7 said:

“Maroon 5 . . . because Three Doors Down was already booked.”

Well, that may have happened . . . but politics. That’s why Maroon 5. Seriously, when was the last time they were relevant?

If you want bland but pretty pop, bring on Coldplay.

• Like 2

Just now, Ohwell said:

Oh shit now Bog Boi.  The olny way this shitshow can be redeemed is if Andre shows up.

With a steel chair? It’d be funny if the crowd broke out into “Hey Ya.”

Inflated balls. Remember when a dude in a plush shark costume became famous?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

I've attended high school musicals that had better production value than this disaster of a halftime show. This is painful.

I'm still trying to figure out how they found a predominately white drum line in Atlanta.

I have to admit, a large part of the reason I stuck around for the halftime was to see if Andre would make an appearance with Big Boi. No dice.

• Like 7
  • Laugh 1

1 minute ago, mojoween said:

I like Maroon 5.  *shrug*

I do too, but they're not the kind of act that gets me hyped up for football.

• Like 8

Ok now it's getting better because he's getting sexier.  Nekkid Adam!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ohwell said:

Strip nekkid Adam.  That's the only way to save this.

Someone's reading this board...

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, mojoween said:

2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I do too, but they're not the kind of act that gets me hyped up for football.

They said “yes” to a gig that was too toxic for the bigger acts. This could be a career killer. Oh, wait, they’re not Janet Jackson getting her boob exposed. I guess they’ll be okay. 🤷‍♂️

ETA: “We swapped out Lil John with Dave Chappelle. Let’s see if anyone notices!” Also: “Pinball Wizard”? Unexpected. Very WTF, but nice.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 2

Pinball is my favorite arcade game of all time.  Not gonna make me buy a Toyota, but kudos on a fun ad!

Maroon 5 will be fine.  Adam’s got plenty of bank just from The Voice alone.

• Like 2

Strip nekkid Adam.  That's the only way to save this.

I rather see Adam Levine jump into a pool of cactus.

I knew that the entire halftime show would suck. But, it really lived up to the suckiness. Travis Scott was horrible as usual. Big Boi couldn't get me excited (its not his fault). Adam Levie should never ever perform in public ever again. There was nothing exciting about this halftime show & I don't ever want to see it again. 

• Like 5

I'm going to have to watch the NFL 100 Commercial about a million times just to identify everyone.   "not today Cowboy."   Bwahahahaha.   True story, I've been a Cowboys fan since the 1970s.   EXCEPT the Joe Montana 49er years.   Because I am not crazy.    Man that guy was and is FINE.

The commercial are okay -- except the Robochild ones.   Those are just depressing.   

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Saints and Chiefs?  At this point, I'd take Buccaneers and Titans.  

I really hope this tribute to preseason football doesn't continue in the 2nd half.  Maybe then I'd stop watching Netflix on my computer and unmute the TV.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mojoween said:

*raises hand* Ditto, I've liked them since they were Kara's Flowers... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

.... that being said, this halftime show sucked and if they want a good performance, they should get Muse to show all these past performers how to get shit done (and sound good doing it). But also, thank goodness it's over, I can switch to something else now.

And since it was brought to us all by Pepsi, no surprise. :P

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

They said “yes” to a gig that was too toxic for the bigger acts. This could be a career killer. Oh, wait, they’re not Janet Jackson getting her boob exposed. I guess they’ll be okay.

Personally, I have no issue with Maroon 5, Big Boi and the young...err...Travis Scott playing this gig.  None at all.   They had a perfect right to take the gig, just as those who refused had a perfect right to do so.  And I doubt it'll be a career killer, but we'll see.   What happened to Kaep is between him and the owners, but there's no need to hijack the SB or any NFL games because of what happened.  That's just how I feel.  

11 minutes ago, Magog said:

I rather see Adam Levine jump into a pool of cactus.

And I'd rather see him nekkid.  Differing opinions and all that. : )

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, xaxat said:

I'm still trying to figure out how they found a predominately white drum line in Atlanta.

Right? That was my first thought, that was the whitest drum line in all of Atlanta. I like there were some women and not just cymbal players, but damn that was a white drum line. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

When did Adam Levine bulk up? He used to be pretty scrawny. 

It's an optical illusion by all the tattoos.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Personally, I have no issue with Maroon 5, Big Boi and the young...err...Travis Scott playing this gig.  None at all.   They had a perfect right to take the gig, just as those who refused had a perfect right to do so.  And I doubt it'll be a career killer, but we'll see.   What happened to Kaep is between him and the owners, but there's no need to hijack the SB or any NFL games because of what happened.  That's just how I feel.  

Yeah, I'm not really understanding how performers are selling out by choosing to do the halftime show. No NFL player has quit and forfeited their multi-million dollar salary in solidarity with Kaepernick. At this stage it's just media-generated drama more than anything else. 

• Like 15

8 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I agree. The NFL and Kaep is a whole 'nother kettle of fish but meanwhile these players are not at fault for continuing to play the game they love, and fans are not at fault for continuing to support the teams they love, so I don;t see why musicians can't say that they're doing it to support the players and fans.

• Like 8

Edelman was open?  THAT’S never happened before.

It feels like Romo is now trying to guess plays before they happen just to show off. Is the backlash to his annoying ass coming yet or no?

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 2

The record for fewest points is 21 back in VII. Think that might get broken?

Super Bowl VII was the one where the Dolphins completed their perfect season. It would have been 14, but Garo had to play QB. 😜

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Yeah, I'm not really understanding how performers are selling out by choosing to do the halftime show. No NFL player has quit and forfeited their multi-million dollar salary in solidarity with Kaepernick. At this stage it's just media-generated drama more than anything else. 

Exactly

• Like 3

I don't think anyone is selling out. I think it's kind of lame that you don't get acts from the host city, and I tend to think they tacked on Big Boi after the fact because Maroon 5 is the whitest band that ever whited, but it's never been like that, so it's wishful thinking on my part.

Honestly, I only remember Prince. Like, I know of Janet Jackson, but I was in the kitchen, and I couldn't tell you a single song they played. 

• Like 2

Hey CBS, the NFL existed before the Super Bowl and championships were won then too. 

• Like 3