Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Fat Hating is Real

• Start Topic

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:01 PM, Snarkastikate said:

Yes Whitney it's a fact if life that people make fun of fat people.  You're not used to that by now?  

Oh and by the way, Whitney you're such a whore, kissing strange guys on the lips.   

People are quite likely to make fun of a fat person bouncing around, twerking his/her ass and pronouncing (LOUDLY) "LOOK at me! I'm fat! I'm Fabulous!! And I can DANCE!!!". Just sayin'.

• Love 7
On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:54 PM, aliya said:

I'm going to out myself as an older person and probably more conservative about family and marriage than some of you. I went to a girl's prep school and most of my classmates, early beneficiaries of the women's movement, are now doctors, lawyers, professors, business people, etc. I got married at 23. I had finished my degree, had a job, and was 'ready.'  No one batted an eye or said they thought I was too young. My prep school and college classmates were also getting married.  By Twit's age, I was a mother and had graduated from law school. 

It is easy to say that Twit's crowd should be adulting by now, but why? They've never been called to account for anything, many still live w/roommates (and not just Twit's friends, I have 30-something co-workers who live w/roommates), they are so self-focused that it comes through in their job performance (time off, constantly scanning cell phones, not taking on extra work to show they are worth a raise because it would interfere with their X-Box time, etc.) so they aren't very promotable. 

My husband was 4 yrs older, had seen combat in Vietnam, and was eager to have kids because everyone he knew had gotten married after high school and their kids were 9 & 10 already. We had fun, of course, but I think we were serious minded, with Aliya jr, rather than ourselves, as the focus of our lives. 

I don't have a lot of tolerance for these people who do nothing to benefit anyone else, live lives built around manufactured drama (and I mean people in real life, not just Twit's friends), and apparently have no moral core.

And yeah, it's a broad brush, but there you go. 

OMGosh - just to lighten the post, Bab's face when Twit mentioned her cats after the guy talked about his kids was priceless. 

Amen! Especially to your references toward the lack of work ethics and having no moral compass.

• Love 5
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:38 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I want to hear more about Hunter returning home, wasn't he living in NY or DC ?  Whats with him being an addict ? I just can't even imagine the stench in the RV - really Twit - you are going to admit to not showering for a week ?  God, I hope Chelsea at least was able to use the washer to clean the stank ass sheets.  So this supposed friends trip to Alaska then turns into a family + friends trip with Bab's & Glenn jumping on board ?  If I were to take a drink every time Whitney said I, I would literally have to check myself into Betty Ford the next day.

Glenn is the one with the check book. How else would this trip happen?

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 5:49 PM, sATL said:

well , if one can get a $800 2/1 house on a 1/2 acre, with a 2 car attached  that is definitely is a bargain. I image the common areas  (family room/kitchen) a decent size .

That's what I'm thinking. The figure, $1500, might have been a reference to security deposit, or first month/last month paid up front. These requirements are not uncommon, even for renters with no rap sheet and spotless reputations. Since Buddy still (supposedly) owes Whitney a lot of back rent, he can't possibly have any money saved up for anything like, say, living expenses with a new shack-up  -  err, I mean love-of-my-life girlfriend.

5 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Honestly, I think Glenn would be mortified if Whitney dated one of his friends’ sons.  

I don't know that Glenn would, but I think Babs might be.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

I'm not so sure ... did you see Chelsea's face at the end? She was NOT happy with the revelation that G'boro's rents are so high, that her Prince Charming is pretty much unable to get a good-paying job/decent housing due to his record, AND they're going to have to take her kid and live with his parents (whom she probably hasn't even met yet). I wonder what the over/under is on her running for the hills?

This also points to some fundamental problems in their relationship that Buddy hadn't accurately described his ability to start a household with her or that she had not understood if he did.

These details are important, for example, if one party in a relationship has bad credit it's going to put up throughout their relationship from everything to renting an apartment or buying a car.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, B in Lee said:

Since Buddy still (supposedly) owes Whitney a lot of back rent. . .

At the S-5 Skinny episode, both Twit & Buddy acknowledged that he has paid her every penny of rent owed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, auntjess said:

I don't know that Glenn would, but I think Babs might be.

Well, actually I think they both would.  I guess I feel like a Babs is caught up more with Whitney’s looks.  I feel like she thinks it’s a reflection on her. Glenn seems more mortified with Whitney’s behavior.  Don’t get me wrong, I think they both dislike both characteristics, but I think Glenn seems more old fashioned so I can only imagine Whitney blurting out her sexcapades with this friend of the family and Glenn choking on his tuna casserole.   Of course I don’t know any of these people, so it’s just what I interpreted from the show.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Well, actually I think they both would.  I guess I feel like a Babs is caught up more with Whitney’s looks.  I feel like she thinks it’s a reflection on her. Glenn seems more mortified with Whitney’s behavior.  Don’t get me wrong, I think they both dislike both characteristics, but I think Glenn seems more old fashioned so I can only imagine Whitney blurting out her sexcapades with this friend of the family and Glenn choking on his tuna casserole.   Of course I don’t know any of these people, so it’s just what I interpreted from the show.

No, I think Babs is also mortified by Whitney's behavior. Babs is my age (roughly). I was brought up that there are certain things that a "lady" DOES. NOT. DO. OR. SAY. I'm sure Babs attempted to instill manners in her daughter. EPIC FAIL, as the young ones say. 

• Love 11

I had to laugh when I heard Buddy and Chelsea say how steep the price was for the house, seeing as how I'm paying almost that much for a crappy 1 bedroom apartment in Denver...but then remembered how much cheaper it is to live there lol. 

I also have been wondering what that liquid was on the couch in the RV, sweat? Pee? I really hope the RV company deep cleans the whole thing..and replaces the couch.

Edited by sara1025
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Colleenna said:

No, I think Babs is also mortified by Whitney's behavior. Babs is my age (roughly). I was brought up that there are certain things that a "lady" DOES. NOT. DO. OR. SAY. I'm sure Babs attempted to instill manners in her daughter. EPIC FAIL, as the young ones say. 

I remember looking for a job after college and going to an employment agency. I thought I was just going to do the paperwork, but they wanted to send me down to Capitol Hill right away to interview. I was shocked. "I can't go. I don't have on stockings." Times have changed.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Do you remember several weeks ago when Babs called her out for snorting, when she laughed?

• Love 3

I’m no where close to Babs age or know her so don’t know what she really thinks but a lot of the talking head quips she throws out have to do with Whitney’s body,which I always find a bit ironic since the fans never seem to call Babs out on body shaming Whitney.  I don’t watch religiously but the worse thing so to speak about Whitney’s looks I remember Glenn saying is it would be easier for her to date if she weighed less or a men like smaller women.  I’m paraphrasing.  He may have said worse, I can barely get through an episode, but he seems to at least use the guise of Whitney’s health where Babs implied she’d throw Whitney under the bus but she couldn’t fit under it.  I do think it could just be Babs and Glenn’s personalities or way of stating things.  I do think both are frustrated in both aspects although I don’t find Glenn or Babs behavior that great either the more I watch.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 4

I’m finally watching this ep. Buddy and Chelsea have just moved into a tin can on the street, as so many other homeless have done. Lemme guess: Buddy goes back to bartending because the money is so much better. And whatever will happen next? Stay tuned!

ETA: Buddy, you dumbass. This is why they recommend you stay away from new relationships during your first year of sobriety. You don’t need any new pressure or DISTRACTIONS from the work you should be doing on yourself. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 9
On 2/6/2019 at 1:10 PM, Nicmar said:

I chose to not have kids instead i dogs and a husband.Its like having a kid 😥

My ex was a huge child...I often refer to that time in my life as "back when I was a single mother to a 30 year old baby." 

Dogs I enjoy. Husbands not so much.

In regard to the "we want grandchildren" crap, I think a lot of this is heavily scripted. As the years have gone on, these people have become caricatures of themselves...just my opinion, of course, I have no proof. But it seems that Twit's parents may have been mentioning her getting married and having children, and someone seized on that and now the script calls for them to be ridiculous about it.

I think that about a lot of them...Todd was always a bit snarky, now he's WAY snarky. Heather was probably always a bit needy, now she's scripted to be over-the-top jr high needy about this break up. 

I'm not saying her parents are in the right, pushing marriage and children (mine didn't, and they'd have heard from me if they did! My in-laws were horrible though, they make Glenn & Babs look subtle)...but I think the show has desperately grabbed onto them pushing their daughter as a story line. 

I think whatever anyone's natural inclination is, they magnify it and make it ridiculous and OTT in an attempt to have something to film. Twit's life is boring, juvenile, and not watchable at all, IMO, so they have to spice things up. 

Like this garbage like this fake RV vandalism, for instance. Not getting any real footage of fat-shaming, so they invented some.

• Love 11