Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Fat Hating is Real

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, John M said:

Is full time nanny where you raise your own child with your employers child an actual thing? I feel like it isn't, especially for someone you import from out of state.

Full time nanny where you can have your child, sounds like it might be a live-in arrangement.  If not, why not just babysitter.
In most jurisdictions, living in an RV on a public street, is probably forbidden.  Does Whit have a driveway?

And who's in for a campaign to get Todd on Dancing with the Stars?  (Is it still on?) 

• Love 10

Glen said the "blind date" was a Marine buddy's son... so does that mean Glen was a United States Marine ? If so for how long ?

Structure - discipline - military - order - appearance - athletic - strong minded... with courage...first to fight

{reserving the right to add to this list characteristics that haven't rubbed off on Whit}

Edited by sATL
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

OMG I noticed that too!   Considerate indeed!!  And why not write it in the side facing the street too?  Wouldn't that be more visible to everyone driving by??? 

3 hours ago, John M said:

And the amazing precision with a can of spray paint to perfectly wrap Bitch around that air vent without a misplaced drop.

3 hours ago, John M said:

What considerate vandals making sure that all the paint stayed on the sticker that was about to be removed anyways. They even made sure Bitch was perfectly wrapped around the air vent that was not completely in a disposable wrap. 

Yes - I totally noticed that it didn't touch the air vent.  Also, where the words were spray painted over,  notice that the sprayers just happened to have the EXACT match of beige, brown and black?   Seriously, the vandals where I live would've just used the one colour.   Aren't Buddy and Chelsea staying in the RV?  Did it not get supposedly get painted during the middle of the night - wouldn't they have noticed when they left and closed the door?   And seriously,  why stand on her yard to do it.... it would be much less risky to stand on the street and their art work would get more 'exposure'.   Also,  most of my neighbours have cams at least showing their friend yard/front door area.  If I was a public figure, I know I for sure would.

I have also tried rock climbing when I was like 120 lbs and super fit.... it kicked my ASS.  And my shoulders, forearms....  She is so delusional ....

One more thing - the date.   She had no idea it was a date,  yet she apparently wore that outfit.   Thinking of previous outfits she has worn for event with her parents,  that is probably the dressiest I have ever seen her......   And that kiss creeped me out.   If I was set up like that,  I might arrange to see someone again, but that kiss was hella awkward.

• Love 10

rental.thumb.jpg.e5955278d42f40c2c416ec4447fc5ebb.jpg

Actually - I didn't think $1500 wasn't too much to ask for a house on a 1/2 acre, 2 car attached garage in what seemly seemed like a quiet tree lined  neighborhood street, where the owner is initially trying to sell.  It does make me wonder what has this women been paying in rent. She has a child (and an active dating life) so I would think she would be in a 2 bedroom where she lives.  Sad to say, many apt rentals now  run close to mortgage payments.

How long does a misdemeanor stay on your record before it can be attempted get expunged ? If it can't be then Buddy is going to have job/renting trouble dogging him for the rest of his life.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, aliya said:

Why take the chance on a member of the public calling the police over producer-created drama?

Why take a chance on anyone in the houses in the neighborhood  seeing the "vandals "? 

I totally believe it was producer ordered tagging to liven up this Twit shitshow. 

• Love 11

I generally think Whitney's a twit, but she did say something that I thought was spot on last night (and I hope I'm not screwing it up too much) about the only thing that people hate more than fat people is when fat people don't hate themselves.  

• Love 14
11 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I don’t know about that. In our area teenagers make $15 as babysitters. Nannies make more (700 and up per week) and often get some kind of benefits. 

So i worked as a nanny for over 10 years. I made really good money starting out.But i have a friend who was nanny when her daughter was born she took her to every job she had babysitting. Never did i recieve any kind of medical benefits from those jobs. I'm so glad i dont work with kids amymore LOL

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Nicmar said:

So i worked as a nanny for over 10 years. I made really good money starting out.But i have a friend who was nanny when her daughter was born she took her to every job she had babysitting. Never did i recieve any kind of medical benefits from those jobs. I'm so glad i dont work with kids amymore LOL

I don't know how anyone works with kids.  I worked with kids as a teen, but man I can't stand to be around children now.

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, readheaded said:

I generally think Whitney's a twit, but she did say something that I thought was spot on last night (and I hope I'm not screwing it up too much) about the only thing that people hate more than fat people is when fat people don't hate themselves.  

I don't know. I didn't watch last night but I was thinking about the title of the episode and now this quote from Whitney. There are always going to be assholes. But in general, I don't think Whitney is hated because she's fat. People hate that she's telling other people it's medically and physically not a problem to be morbidly obese. People hate that she doesn't bathe. People don't hate her because she doesn't hate herself. People hate that she's narcissistic. If she was a decent human being who cared for others, wasn't obsessed with attention, and tended to her personal hygiene, but happened to be fat, the vast majority of people who can't stand her now wouldn't hate her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
4 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I don't know. I didn't watch last night but I was thinking about the title of the episode and now this quote from Whitney. There are always going to be assholes. But in general, I don't think Whitney is hated because she's fat. People hate that she's telling other people it's medically and physically not a problem to be morbidly obese. People hate that she doesn't bathe. People don't hate her because she doesn't hate herself. People hate that she's narcissistic. If she was a decent human being who cared for others, wasn't obsessed with attention, and tended to her personal hygiene, but happened to be fat, the vast majority of people who can't stand her now wouldn't hate her. 

Don't get me wrong, it isn't that I thought what she said necessarily applied to her, but I do think it's true in general.  

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Taleeya said:

Aren't Buddy and Chelsea staying in the RV?  Did it not get supposedly get painted during the middle of the night - wouldn't they have noticed when they left and closed the door?

Also, why didn't they hear anybody out there while they were "painting"? 

As much as I can't stand Whit, I thought she was very nice to the guy at dinner. She asked him questions and seemed genuinely interested in his answers. She can be a nice conversationalist when she wants to.  Which is hardly ever. 

Todd was basically telling Whit her classes have become boring, lazy and lame. Go, Todd!!

• Love 7

Does Whit have a driveway?

She does - we have seen it a couple of times. Also she has a garage, which she converted to a dance studio, so she has to have a driveway to lead up to it. I'm not sure it's wide enough for an RV though...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, readheaded said:

Yeah, but.  "Fat Bitch" isn't much of a body shame imo compared to what we've seen on this show in previous seasons (thinking of the parade when Whitney was unable to walk and rode a scooter and folks were laughing at her).  It seems to me that once again Whitney missed a teaching moment--and since she styles herself as an advocate for no body shaming she owed it to her fans to take that opportunity--to demonstrate how a fat woman who allegedly does not hate herself responds to a stupid slur.  Even if it were really vandalism, it's not like it happened at a time when Whitney had to be riding through the streets on the van and people were throwing rotten tomatoes and yelling "fat bitch" at her.  Even if it had been real, I'm sure it would have hurt, at least a little, but jesus christ TEARS?  She really is letting her fans and herself down by her reactions to fat shaming.  If the whole point of her show is to demonstrate self-love in a fat body, the project is an utter failure.

Is it really body shaming if virtually the only person who is going to see it is the object of the shaming, and she has steadfastly maintained that she won't be body-shamed?  Of course it's not a nice thing to do, but grow up, Whitney.  You are fat.  You can't object to that.  Maybe it's "bitch" that's getting to her.

Edited to add:  just saw your second post.  We have no disagreement after all.

Edited by Mothra
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, sATL said:

How long does a misdemeanor stay on your record before it can be attempted get expunged ? If it can't be then Buddy is going to have job/renting trouble dogging him for the rest of his life.

North Carolina rules on expungement: "Most arrest records and court records can be expunged if found not guilty, or case is dismissed. For serious crimes there is a 15 year waiting period, and not all felonies are eligible. Sexual convictions, hate crimes, vehicular offenses, assault, or most drug-related offenses do not qualify."  Buddy was found guilty. He has an assault, and an assault against a police officer at that. I don't think that's going away, tho employers may worry about it less over time if there's nothing else on his record.  

Edited by aliya
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, aliya said:

North Carolina rules on expungement: "Most arrest records and court records can be expunged if found not guilty, or case is dismissed. For serious crimes there is a 15 year waiting period, and not all felonies are eligible. Sexual convictions, hate crimes, vehicular offenses, assault, or most drug-related offenses do not qualify."  Buddy was found guilty. He has an assault, and an assault against a police officer at that. I don't think that's going away, tho employers may worry about it less over time if there's nothing else on his record.  

I feel like his biggest problem is not so much the seriousness of the crime but the nature of the crime, assault on a police officer shows a staggering lapse of judgement and issues with anger that make him a big liability in a lot of jobs that he is qualified for.

A company may be willing to overlook an arrest for marijuana possession or DUI in your past but not something like assaulting a police officer. 

• Love 12
14 hours ago, Cherrio said:

What exactly did they show on the seat in the bus after Whitney got up?  

Did she shart on it?

I thought she peed on the couch. She had been talking about needing to go to the bathroom shortly before she sat down.

And, pee or sweat, why should Chelsea "just throw a blanket over it"? Twit left the mess; she should take responsibility for cleaning it up.

Wait -- did I just ask Twit to take responsibity for something? Never mind.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
13 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

So Twit says to Buddy "Chelsea gonna say" who's the sweaty FAT BITCH?"

So twits refers to herself as a fat bitch but when it's sprayed on the side of RV it devastates her???

Maybe it was left as a compliment. ;)

Hmmmm,  maybe that line is just stuck in her mind *wink wink*

3 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Why don't Glen and Babs ask their son for grand children?

Anyone else get some gay vibes from Hunter too?  

3 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

in general, I don't think Whitney is hated because she's fat. People hate that she's telling other people it's medically and physically not a problem to be morbidly obese. People hate that she doesn't bathe. People don't hate her because she doesn't hate herself. People hate that she's narcissistic. If she was a decent human being who cared for others, wasn't obsessed with attention, and tended to her personal hygiene, but happened to be fat, the vast majority of people who can't stand her now wouldn't hate her. 

Yeah I don't hate fat people - its the fact that Whitney is annoying, whiny, is crazy self absorbed, refuses to acknowledge that she can adjust her eating habits and not blame her 300+ lbs on PCOS, etc. that make her so hateable. 

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, Taleeya said:

Hmmmm,  maybe that line is just stuck in her mind *wink wink*

Yeah I don't hate fat people - its the fact that Whitney is annoying, whiny, is crazy self absorbed, refuses to acknowledge that she can adjust her eating habits and not blame her 300+ lbs on PCOS, etc. that make her so hateable. 

This. Let's not forget how she exaggerates her "dance career": more like basic aerobics instructor for the disabled.

She tends to inflate everything she does, then cries and wails when she fails (if she doesn't call in sick to the event). If she'd portray things more realistically, it'd be easier to have some empathy for her. And maybe, even like her. 

• Love 8

This obsession with grandchildren needs to stop.  It's basically telling your daughter she isn't enough to be proud of/happy for alone and you will only be satisfied if she's accompanied by a man and a baby.  It's gross and also insensitive.  Go volunteer with children if you desperately need to spend time with kids.  The more I see of her parents the more I understand how she ended up the way she did.

• Love 21

As much as I can't stand Whit, I thought she was very nice to the guy at dinner. She asked him questions and seemed genuinely interested in his answers. She can be a nice conversationalist when she wants to.  Which is hardly ever. 

WOW! When I watched that uncomfortable scene I thought she wasn't being the least bit conversational by firing questions to him when there was a wrong answer as  well as a "right" - (Whitney approved) answer.

5c5b2eeb35524_hunterthore.thumb.jpg.bf44b04b05c4896cb5e3a7d8198d9442.jpg

hunter thore.jpg

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Honey said:

I don't know how anyone works with kids.  I worked with kids as a teen, but man I can't stand to be around children now.

I chose to not have kids instead i dogs and a husband.Its like having a kid 😥

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

WOW! When I watched that uncomfortable scene I thought she wasn't being the least bit conversational by firing questions to him when there was a wrong answer as  well as a "right" - (Whitney approved) answer.

5c5b2eeb35524_hunterthore.thumb.jpg.bf44b04b05c4896cb5e3a7d8198d9442.jpg

hunter thore.jpg

Yeah I was pretty sure Hunter was gay even before seeing this.  Holy shit, when he's in drag he looks just like Whitney.

• Love 12

I want to hear more about Hunter returning home, wasn't he living in NY or DC ?  Whats with him being an addict ? I just can't even imagine the stench in the RV - really Twit - you are going to admit to not showering for a week ?  God, I hope Chelsea at least was able to use the washer to clean the stank ass sheets.  So this supposed friends trip to Alaska then turns into a family + friends trip with Bab's & Glenn jumping on board ?  If I were to take a drink every time Whitney said I, I would literally have to check myself into Betty Ford the next day.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Why don't Glen and Babs ask their son for grand children?

speaking of which... did the son come on the Hawaii trip ? If not what the the excuse reason given ?

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Sorry but I feel like they're whipping a dead horse here.  BGDC has been over for quite a while due to her inertia in my estimation. Buddy living with his girlfriend in the van is production driven for drama. Anybody noticed the cats of all have had to be shaved because she's too lazy to brush them and they must get matted? Now her father making excuses for her. I think this is the last season for her.....

Was it in a van, down by the river?

• Love 11
4 hours ago, aliya said:

I am very surprised that assaulting a police officer was not prosecuted as a felony.  Maybe he was allowed to plead down to a misdemeanor.

58 minutes ago, sATL said:

speaking of which... did the son come on the Hawaii trip ? If not what the the excuse reason given ?

Yes he was there, Whit bitched that he wasn't required to run the race, only she was.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Honey said:

I am very surprised that assaulting a police officer was not prosecuted as a felony.  Maybe he was allowed to plead down to a misdemeanor.

i’m surprised about this as well. I can’t tolerate watching anymore so forgive me if this was explained in the show but did the assault happen while he was high and before he went to rehab? I’m assuming it did. If so, maybe rehab was part of his plea deal to downgrade it to a misdemeanor if it was determined his altered state contributed to it. I assume (and sincerely hope)  they would only negotiate it to a misdemeanor if the officer wasn’t injured. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, sATL said:

Actually - I didn't think $1500 wasn't too much to ask for a house on a 1/2 acre, 2 car attached garage in what seemly seemed like a quiet tree lined  neighborhood street, where the owner is initially trying to sell.  It does make me wonder what has this women been paying in rent. She has a child (and an active dating life) so I would think she would be in a 2 bedroom where she lives.  Sad to say, many apt rentals now  run close to mortgage payments.

For a 2 bedroom,  and 1 lousy bathroom?  Sounds like a lot to me.  I'd check around my area, but I'd have ads following me forever.
They should move to where she's from.  She has childcare, family, and no triggers for Buddy.

• Love 9

I guess the BGDC "tour" was successful in that people showed up in each city.  But what does that mean?  What good does that do for anybody?  Putting the most charitable face on it, I guess it might inspire someone in those cities to offer dance classes to fat women, but that was never implied.  Whitney isn't expanding dance classes to those cities; she's not even doing them afaik in Greensboro any more.  I don't know what the point of the "tour" was, and I don't know what its "success" means.  I love Todd more than ever, though.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Mothra said:

Yeah, but.  "Fat Bitch" isn't much of a body shame...

Is it really body shaming if virtually the only person who is going to see it is the object of the shaming, and she has steadfastly maintained that she won't be body-shamed?  Of course it's not a nice thing to do, but grow up, Whitney.  You are fat.  You can't object to that.  Maybe it's "bitch" that's getting to her.

Sorry, I snipped your post not cause I didn't think everything you had to say was awesome, but just so that my post wouldn't be a page long lol...

I am 100% convinced that this is producer machinations, but just pretending it is real for one second...

Whitney has said in the past that she "love being fat."  You know what I would love?  If I had the income to support payments on a Lamborghini Diablo, or if I could run a six-minute mile.  You know what wouldn't bother me (knowing that it would be covered by insurance)?  Is if i did achieve those tings, and someone graffitied a poster about me that read, "fit, luxury car driving bitch."  I'd be like, "damn straight! And I'd definitely take some selfies with the graffiti, laughing before I made the insurance claim.  If people are hating on you for what you love, who gives a shit?  It's not something she's supposed to be sensitive about.  She "loves" it...............

If we were living in a parallel universe and there was a show about a woman who was underweight and loving it, and it was called "My Big Skinny Fabulous Life," I have a feeling that the star of the show wouldn't be crying, unless it was for attention or for ratings.  Whitney just does not strike me as the type of person who gets worked up into a lather about property crime for its own sake.  She was not crying in a "there goes the neighborhood" or "what have we come to" type of way.  It's all self-pity, which, what is there to feel pity about?  It's cause she doesn't want to be called fat, or shamed for being fat.  So, stop lying about it.

Whitney.  Honey.  I don't know where that "marine friend" of your dad's came from, but hold on for dear life (not literally, as in not letting go of his hands and sort of forcing him to kiss you), but figuratively.  This is by far the best guy that has come by in a lonnnnnnngggg time, and work your southern belle charm and don't let him get away.  He has a work ethic, he's sweet, respective, he's a family man, and he will even put up with your pussy. He is 10x the man Buddy is, with 100x the future.

I had to laugh out loud when Babs asked him if he had mommy issues or daddy issues.  Holy inappropriate!  Funny from the charming Babs, horrifying if it would have come from Whit.  Go figure.

@Mahamid Frauded Me, thanks for helping a gal out!!

Edited by LibertarianSlut
I am a dummy
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, auntjess said:

For a 2 bedroom,  and 1 lousy bathroom?  Sounds like a lot to me.  I'd check around my area, but I'd have ads following me forever.
They should move to where she's from.  She has childcare, family, and no triggers for Buddy.

I just looked on Zillow and it did seem steep. I saw 2 bed/1 bath rentals starting around 800.00 - now I don't know the neighborhood at all, which could be a factor.  I agree, Buddy is just being stupid about staying in Greensboro, why not move up to IL, get a fresh start, some family help from Chelsea and see how it goes.. I bet more staying around is because of the pay for the show.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, John M said:

Is full time nanny where you raise your own child with your employers child an actual thing? I feel like it isn't, especially for someone you import from out of state.

I'm suspicious, too.  As a parent, I would want my nanny's full attention on my child, the child she's being paid to care for; how can a mother of a two-year-old commit to putting someone else's child first during working hours?  What if nanny's child is sick and exposes employer's child before anyone realizes nanny's child is sick?  What if nanny's child is a little jerk and not a good companion for employer's child?  And how is nanny's child supposed to feel about being told to leave mom alone while she bathes/dresses/feeds/plays with employer's child?

I think this job is horseshit is what I think.

• Love 11
51 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I just looked on Zillow and it did seem steep. I saw 2 bed/1 bath rentals starting around 800.00 - now I don't know the neighborhood at all, which could be a factor.  I agree, Buddy is just being stupid about staying in Greensboro, why not move up to IL, get a fresh start, some family help from Chelsea and see how it goes.. I bet more staying around is because of the pay for the show.

well , if one can get a $800 2/1 house on a 1/2 acre, with a 2 car attached  that is definitely is a bargain. I image the common areas  (family room/kitchen) a decent size .

Edited by sATL
4 hours ago, minamreeka said:

This obsession with grandchildren needs to stop.  It's basically telling your daughter she isn't enough to be proud of/happy for alone and you will only be satisfied if she's accompanied by a man and a baby.  It's gross and also insensitive.  Go volunteer with children if you desperately need to spend time with kids.  The more I see of her parents the more I understand how she ended up the way she did.

I’m sure the whole “obsession” with grandkids is just another production driven storyline to make us sympathize with Twit regarding overbearing parents. Because the producers think that ALL parents of young adults are going on and on about grandchildren. 

Not. Thank goodness. 

• Love 11

I guess I shouldn't be shocked at the way Buddy announces that he has a FAMILY to take care of. OMG.....Wouldn't it make more sense to get settled with a good job, apartment and sobriety and THEN bring others on board.  His girlfriend looked quite uncertain when they were standing in the house they can't afford.  When will it hit her that she's made a terrible decision?  

I thought Whit handled the surprise blind date pretty well.  She was nice to the guy and as she said, he was innocent in the matter.  I wonder if he really is a pilot. 

Not enough of Todd.  That's not good.

• Love 3