Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Tom and Tommer

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

She doesn't work on her blog. She doesn't really work at her "job." She doesn't seem to help out at her husband's "business." What the fuck does this unpleasant sea slug do all fucking day? It sure as shit looks like she does fucking nothing and waits for someone like James to say something nasty/shady so that she can finally be motivated enough to get off of the damn couch.

I’ve never really liked Katie, never found her all that attractive(even the first three seasons when she was at her skinniest), and have never understood why everyone in this group practically worships at her feet because I don’t find her personality remotely appealing or interesting. I’m guessing all the pot she supposedly injests in recent years has not only beefed her up but mellowed her out, because she used to fight dirty and she’s a really nasty drunk whenever her former personality Tequila Katie makes an appearance.

As someone here so astutely mentioned, Stassi royally fucked up when she split from the group season 3 and then came groveling back for acceptance by season 4—-she officially lost her queen bee status by then and Katie has greedily claimed and clung to that status ever since then.

Although I do love that LaLa, Arianna and Brittany have since come along to mess up that status quo and serve as the anti-Witches of WeHo. Brittany and LaLa especially have wisely played their hands and expertly shown how to seamlessly straddle both groups without any issues.

Meanwhile Scheana continues to pathetically swan about in in her own self-absorbed little segments, pining away over her latest romantic obsession. Can she even be single for more than five minutes? She’s such the typical vapid bimbo who can’t exist without a boyfriend. She pretends like she wants to be some big actor/singer, but we all know she really just wants to be some typical LA trophy wife; LaLa just beat her at her own game.

Kristen is almost as pathetic as Scheana. Just that both of them display completely different shades of crazy.

Speaking of vapid, I still can’t stand Raquel, if only because for once she actually made me side with James—-homegirl was being a total hypocrite and just a completely nonsupportive  girlfriend/shameless famewhore when she told James she was going to Girls Night after whining about him trying to make amends with that group. God she’s stupid and I can’t stand her stupid face or her stupid hair either.

Drunk Lisa wasn’t funny, just embarrassing; she’s the type of drunk who immediately clams up and just grins stupidly when not slurring out some random dumb comment to anyone who will listen. Drunk Lisa is like everyone’s Drunk Great-Aunt.

I’m sure there’s far more to the story behind why Jax and his mom aren’t talking than what he’s telling us. Jax isn’t exactly the model son either.

TomTom looks every bit as douchetacularly lame as SUR. Somehow I doubt either Tom will do more than serve as spokesmodels for the joint while it lasts.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

Things that made me laugh at the grand opening: 

• The Toms touching all their body parts with jalapeño juice on their hands.
  • Schwatz scrubbing the toilets and opining thatthat will be his main job - to which I was nodding my head in agreement
  • The Toms in their matching purple suits with orange shoes (truly the pan down to their shoes as they strutted out made me laugh out loud)
  • Schwartz on quest to find aquafava (like wth?) and then on the floor in the kitchen opening cans of chickpeas and reassuring everyone (who didn’t seem to care one whit) that he’d brought more aquafava and all is well
  • James sitting on toilet paper in a closet with occasional breaks to fix the fan and wave his hands in the window while all below completely ignored him
  • That the sign on the outside lit in neon, looks like the name of the restaurant is TT.

There are probably a few others that I’m forgetting.

Oh and on another note: Who’s going to tell Billie that she’s not been invited on Lala’s GIRLS TRIP? 

Those matching alphets, I DIED. They almost held hands walking in!!

Lisa is a stone cold bitch.

• Love 3

Is it me, or does TomTom look extremely tiny?  Even when it wasn't packed with people, it looked like too small of a space to have a bar.  I was feeling claustrophobic just watching everyone squished in there.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

I’m sure there’s far more to the story behind why Jax and his mom aren’t talking than what he’s telling us. Jax isn’t exactly the model son either.

He said it was because he "didn't agree with how his [dad's] cancer was handled."  Umm.  Shut up, Jax. 

Let me guess, it went something like this:  "Dad only died because you didn't take an aggressive enough treatment plan against his wishes to die at home surrounded by his family and I blame you for listening to him, Mom."

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, Drogo said:

He said it was because he "didn't agree with how his [dad's] cancer was handled." 

As someone so wisely pointed out upthread - I'd like to hear his Mother's side of all this.  Nice to know that Jax's multiple plastic surgeries have somehow imbued him with enough medical knowledge to opine on the Oncology discipline.

• Love 14
33 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

Lisa is a stone cold bitch.

My problem with Lisa's behavior towards Kristin is that she's punching down in a major way. Lisa is the owner of SUR and other restaurants and is not only the most powerful cast member but is also a producer. So the power-imbalance is pretty major here. So to me Lisa just comes across as incredibly petty and nasty in her behavior towards Kristin. Granted I've always rooted for Kristin, who is generally her own worst enemy, and disliked Lisa (on this show and on RHOBH), but Lisa singles out Kristin for behavior that they've all done at some point or another. And she singles her out personally - as opposed to treating James behavior as a work issue (which it was). She's personally petty to her and passive aggressive and pleased when something bad happens to her. Punching down.

38 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Is it me, or does TomTom look extremely tiny?  Even when it wasn't packed with people, it looked like too small of a space to have a bar.  I was feeling claustrophobic just watching everyone squished in there.

It seems only big enough to actually be just a bar. The only sit down tables I thought I saw were all outside on the patio. There was perhaps an alcove off to the side with tables? But to me it seems more like a bar that serves some food, than it is a restaurant with a bar.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Pop Tart said:

My problem with Lisa's behavior towards Kristin is that she's punching down in a major way. Lisa is the owner of SUR and other restaurants and is not only the most powerful cast member but is also a producer. So the power-imbalance is pretty major here. So to me Lisa just comes across as incredibly petty and nasty in her behavior towards Kristin. Granted I've always rooted for Kristin, who is generally her own worst enemy, and disliked Lisa (on this show and on RHOBH), but Lisa singles out Kristin for behavior that they've all done at some point or another. And she singles her out personally - as opposed to treating James behavior as a work issue (which it was). She's personally petty to her and passive aggressive and pleased when something bad happens to her. Punching down.

This. I don’t watch any of the housewives shows but Lisa has always been beyojdbawful to Kristen and it shows. Not just on the show but the reunions. I get that Kristen has her moments and her meltdowns but I recall reunion moments when she has rolled her eyes at something Kristen said and said something in response to make her feel less than. Then another cast memeber would react to something in a similar way and Lisa would coddle them. 

I will never like her reactions to Tom and Arinia and the Kristen and Jax thing. Yes what Kristen and Jax did was awful and gross and I’m not disputing that but that season 2 reunion and following reunions, Lisa treated Kristen like crap. Her feelings didn’t matter at all and she would roll her eyes or say something patronizing in response to her. And then last season I remember when Arinia and Tom were working at Vila Banco because sur had the fire, Lisa walked up and said something like “like old times.. now tell me you two, were you two getting together back in the day” or something and laughing about it. And I get that it’s been years since this all went down but this isn’t funny. At the time if they were hooking up, Tom was cheating on his girlfriend too but it’s all so funny to Lisa because she likes Tom and she likes Arinia and she hates Kristen. And she looks like a child when she does this. She’s legitimately part of the gaslighting Kristen gets.

Also.. Kristen has never talked bad about Lisa. I bring this up because as much as I love Stassi, she has talked badly about Lisa. Both on the show and off and I know she was going through some things that caused her to react but Lisa seems to have grown to relike Stassi again. And that’s fine but it should be voiced that Stassi has talked badly multiple times about Lisa. 

And yeah said she gets a thrill over Kristen failing and it’s gross.

• Love 15

LVP may have only been the messenger to disinvite Kristen from TomTom. When Kristen told Diana to “ suck a dick” she may have officially burned her bridges with the operating partners of Sur. Do Guillermo and Diana also own a portion of TomTom? 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Raquel confirmed for all of us tonight what we've long suspected and voiced - she's nothing more than the garden variety attention whore trying to get herself a spot and salary for being on the show.  "I was invited to Girl's Night Out" and I was going to go."  Lovely bitch - go and support the women who had your boyfriend booted (and I still don't find James 100% to blame for the remarks to the Couch Slug and her posse at Pride - THEY launched the first grenade as I recall).  You want to be part of the girl's group?  Terrific.  Loyalty isn't your strong suit; hypocrisy you've got down pat.  

And nice going Schwartz - relate all the details of the meeting to the folks and laugh about it -- AFTER you told James you would NOT do precisely that.  Personally, I think Schwartz is as much of a Slug as his wife.  I think once the place opened, he had no interest in actually working - on the "Vanderpumped" episode after, it was revealed that Sandoval and Arianna are often seen there working, but Schwartz and Katie aren't around.   

Lala doesn't like to spend two hours in a car?  Seriously?  What does she do?  Take a PJ from LAX to Burbank if she has to get around L.A?  People who have private jets and use private jets don't spend their time talking about private jets.  Hell, if you're going to use the jet and want to visit a winery - why not fly up to Napa - the airport there accommodates them.  Or even the Livermore valley - another terrific wine country venue in Northern California (BTW, it is a marvelous alternative to Napa as it's not nearly as jammed up on the roads on the weekend).  

Kristen is never going to get Lisa to like her; not after (1) that scene she created and the dissing of the manager and (2) the disrespect she showed in crashing the party at LISA's house that they were not invited to.  I honestly think she wanted her booted off the show but the other cast members probably begged her to allow her to stay.   The Toms, however, should never have invited anyone to a party that was being paid for a thrown by a third party, and in any case, being new to the milieu, should have asked Lisa what the protocols were - could they invite spouses?  And here I'm going to fault Lisa as well - she should have taken them aside ahead of time and told them - "This is NOT our party - it is being paid for by the Daily Mail.  You can invite Katie and Arianna and that's it.  Your friends should not be drinking on the client's dime."  

And finally Jax?  You weren't going upstairs to get something to eat - you went up there to annoy and harass James, hoping to prod him into a reaction.  It's time for you shitbags to leave him alone.    He was doing an excellent job with a very very limited set up (and nice going Schwartz-Slug, calling it his "time-out room"; any other DJ would have told you they couldn't work like this and walked out; James made it work; meanwhile, you and the coven have a few more laughs at his expense).  

Thank you for all of this, especially the bold bits. Schwartz really pissed me off when he ran back and told the coven et al about James getting upset and also fucking exaggerated what happened. What a slug, for real. I know James can be rude as fuck but he may actually be my favorite because he's a hard worker and has got a hell of a lot of more hustle than them all except Sandoval. A lot of people in his situation would let the neer-do-well parents fend for themselves and not give his brother such a grand graduation gift. I was really pleased to see how graciously he handled the terrible work space. Good for him. These are the reasons why Lisa (and probably Lala) will always give him another chance. Hopefully he'll grow up soon and will be a fantastic human being. He needs a better girlfriend than Raquel, though, who really is a twat. Thank you.

Not surprised that the Schwartzes don't do much work. It will come back to bite them, though, and I'm there for it. I used to like Tom but what he did to James last night really irks me. Katie has always been the worst in my mind and that Girls Night In is bullshit.

I'm glad Kristen was banned from that party. She is truly an evil cow with a heart full of venom and hate and that is why Lisa will probably never like and/or forgive her. Jax also is a disgusting person. How many times did he offer James a drink when he fucking knows he can't drink while working? 

Like others, I also am wondering if Billie will flip out when she learns she's not invited on the winery trip. Must admit that though she is definitely extra, I do like Lala. It was nice of her to tell Scheana to stop constantly talking so much nonsense about shit no one gives a fuck about.

• Love 14
15 hours ago, rustyspigot said:

This episode was a whole lot of nothing. I refuse to believe Jax is only 39.

I can't stand how every time Jax is on WWHL, Andy gushes about Jax's weight loss and tells him he's "back to season one Jax."  First of all, has Andy seen Jax in profile?  More like season one Pinnochio.  In addition, Jax is not as cut or as thin as he was season one by a long shot.  I am afraid Jax has fallen into that unfortunate category of men like Alec Baldwin and John Travolta whose head has just grown, and until that shrinks, I'm not seeing any form of the "old Jax."

11 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

IKR???  I'm like, woman, you're almost SIXTY years old!!!

I just can't believe the woman is not even sixty.  To me, she resembles a Dianne Feinstein (who is 85) that took slightly better care of her skin and got a few more nips and tucks along the way.  I am not age-shaming, I am looks-shaming: Lisa, when the area where your neck meets your clavicle resembles a vagina, and the skin above your elbow is wrinkled as a shar-pei , it's time...to not to dress like you dressed this past episode.  

8 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yeah, she says a lot of terrible and rude things but it just gets blown past. I don’t know why she’s allowed to make crude comments and jokes. 

It's elitist bullshit mixed up with the fact that her name is on the show.  If Lisa were not rich and/or famous, no way would anyone put up with her.  I wish Lisa would pull an Akeem from Coming to America and just take one day or one week to present herself as an average Joe.  Suddenly the laughter at her jokes might die down, and all of the comments about how hot she is from men 30 years her junior might die away.  Why not do an Undercover Boss type thing?  Too scared of the results?

4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

The TomTom decor does not impress me. The only thing I liked was the photo of Sandoval and Schwartz. 

The outdoor neon sign is lame. 

But what should I expect, from someone who chose to name her restaurant Sexy Unique Restaurant. 

And it’s strange to me that several of them were focused on how finally, now they all have a place to hang out and get s- - -faced. (Because there was nowhere they could do that before.) Yeah, that’s my first reaction when someone in my circle of friends collaborates with a millionaire to open a restaurant. 

The outdoor neon sign that only lights up the "T's" and not the rest of it?  Whom ever's artistic choice that was needs to be be taken out back and shot.  As far as the decor, it looks exactly the same as the rest of Lisa's establishments.  When my post-college colleague and I used to discuss our respective wedding plans, she was adamant that "I refuse to make my wedding rustic, as that has been so overdone."  She kind of described all of Lisa's restaurants to a T as to something she didn't want.   So...some 24 year old from Traverse City, MI knew TomTom was dated back in 2017.  Why can't the sophisticates of WeHo see how awful it is?  And I don't care if it makes money or not.  McDonalds makes a ton of money.  it doesn't mean it's tasteful, or artfully planned.  And I'd need to see TomTom's balance sheet before I believe it's making money.  

3 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I would not say I like James, but I do find him the most interesting to watch on this show. It is a low bar. I find James' family dynamics fascinating and would rather watch that than the TomTom infomercial.

I find some of the most unpopular characters intriguing.  It doesn't mean I like them.  I even like some of the most unpopular characters that some people excoriate up and down.  So, to each his own.  I find something redeeming about James, even if it's only his elvish features, or the fact that I naturally root for the underdog.  I am a Kristen fan, so go figure.  And I found myself liking Jax and Stassi only upon everyone turning on them.  So...that's what makes a horse race I guess!

I feel like this show absolutely lost its stride.  It reached a pinnacle around seasons four and five, and now there is just too much Lisa, too much production, too much fakery, too much "let's promote Lisa in every form imaginable" bullshit.  It has fallen so far from Jax stealing sunglasses in Hawaii in my opinion.  The only thing I like about this season is that all the gals that I consider characters--ya know, the ones in the openinig sequence--Stassi, Kristen, Brittany, Katie, Ariana, Lala, and Scheana (hate-love is still love, right?) are on the same side.  

It will be quite rewarding to see Billie Lee excluded from the girls' trip, but to have no one to whom to "play the trans card," as Lisa has no say in this venture.  For anyone who watches Arrested Development, I feel like Michael Bluth to Lucille when I admonish Billy Lee in my head:  "just be nicer."  Not that I care if Billy Lee is nice.  I find some of Billy Lee's machinations to be funny.  But I do feel that not being invited on the girls' trip is a fine comeuppance for Billy Lee.  When Billie Lee gave Billie Lee's story, Billie Lee said that Billie Lee grew up in Iowa, and it was good and bad.  I have a feeling the people of Iowa with whom Billie Lee associated are happy to let WeHo have Billie Lee...

• Love 5

But Billie is a pronoun! How can the pronoun be excluded from anything that has the word girl in it!  Take a seat.

Tom Tom has a James in the box.  The music plays and James randomly pops his head out the wall opening.

Raquel's head looks too small for her body.

Edited by mytmo
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't see any problem with Lisa's behavior towards Kristin. She can choose not to like her and she can choose not to allow her in her restaurants or in her home. Lisa put up with a lot of Kristin's tantrums while at work, and gave her second chances but the final straw was when Kristin was screaming and fighting with Lisa's manager in the middle of Lisa's restaurant and telling the manager to suck a dick in front of the paying customers and making a horrible scene. If someone did that in my place of business they would never be allowed back. Just because Stassi and Sandoval forgived Kristin for fucking Jax doesn't mean everybody needs to forgive Kristin for all of the other shit she has pulled. 

I seem to recall the kitchen staff/ line cooks smiling ear to ear upon hearing that Kristen had been fired, so I think there is a lot more to her behavior while an employee at SUR than we've seen.  If Lisa was truly petty, Kristen would be off the show completely.   She was also PO'd that Stassi had been invited to the party.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
8 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

If Lisa was truly petty, Kristen would be off the show completely.   She was also PO'd that Stassi had been invited to the party.  

I think Lisa is truly petty, but she's also driven by the almighty dollar and as one of the producers of the show, she's also thinking in terms of ratings. I think as long as Kristin remains a draw for fans of the show she stays, as soon as she's past that point she's gone. Not a matter of other cast begging her to allow her to stay or her working or not-working at SUR (clearly). It's all about her popularity with fans (even if they're hate-watching her). And yes, she was PO'd that Stassi had been invited, but she didn't insist that she be disinvited at the last minute as happened with Kristin.

What I've always thought about Lisa is that to her all these people are just the court jesters in her fabulous life. They're not people to her. They're here to amuse her and when she tires of them and they're no longer useful, they're out. She's done the same with other people on RHOBH. The first season she had some guy who lived with her and Ken and he was an amusing accessory for her. When he pissed her off, he was out. Same went for Brandy. And a couple of others I've forgotten. 

I think she likes Katie and the Toms more then most and James too because of her family history with him, but she'd drop them in a hot minute if they truly did something that displeased her. 

• Love 11

I would be very interested in the contents of the "term sheet."  I'm curious as to the exact nature of their "involvement."

From what I can gather, the Toms collectively have a 5% interest in the establishment, purchased for $100,000.  Lisa and her business partners have different percentages, and I have some vague recollection that she mentioned it cost over $2 million to put it all together, so I wonder if some of the Toms' percentage is based on sweat equity.  I should think the LAND alone in WeHo would have cost a small fortune.  Having never been involved in direct investment in a business, is it safe to assume that any "profits" at, say, the end of the month, are distributed to the partners/investors in appropriate percentages?  

I love how Katie is all "I'm so proud of what they've accomplished!"  Slug, the TOMS accomplished nothing other than writing an investment check and general maintenance.  In fact, I think they're only responsible for what - two or three specialty drinks on the menu  - because they were so late in getting their cocktail menu to Lisa that she turned it over to Pandora.  They showed up to the design meeting in L.A. and acted like such assholes that the designer later wanted nothing to do with them. 

Katie - This "investment" partnership from Lisa and Ken was more a token than anything else.  They didn't need their money; they just wanted their names as a marketing and design concept.  Plus good for the show.  Now, I think Sandoval will take this opportunity and make the most of it; I think if Lisa and Ken asked Schwartz if they could buy him out for 1.5 times what he put into it, he'd take the money and run.  

• Love 14

I was thinking about this for a while and I don’t know how long Tom Tom will Last- I mean Tom Tom is good for the show and it will probably will be successful as long as this show is going on. I do think it’s probably not great buisness for SUR though. Already I don’t think SUR gets as much traction as it used to. Why do I feel like this? Because now they are enlisting FI to host his own Tuesday night shindig to keep customers in. And now they have Billies Sunday brunches with james. But now no one really works at SUR unless it’s summer and they’re preparing for fiming and are filming. Aside from james who actually does when the show isn’t filming. So yeah Tom Tom will be successful as long as they show keeps happening.

I do wonder how Lisa’s buisness partners feel about this, though. If I were Guillermo or Natalie, I would be a little miffied. It’s one thing to open another restaurant(she did open up Pump during a season) but she’s bringing two of the cast members as the faces(jury’s out on how much time they spend there be regardless) and knowing that this would entice the other cast memebers to frequent that bar more and be more of a draw. I mean yes sur still has James and Billie Lee but the fact that they now have Tom as of couple months ago doing a Tuesday behind the bar tells me that they need more traction there. But yeah.. I would be a little angry if I was one one of the other buisness partners in SUR. Like I said Pump was one thing, aside from Schwartz’s panic at the pump attack and when she had some of them work gay pride, and jakes doing a gig here and there,

it didn’t really interconnect with sur. And knowing that none of these cast members work at sur for real, I’m curious with what bar is more filled. Maybe I’m wrong but it kind of seems like more  cast members might go to the Toms bar than sur.

I know we’re supposed to be under the illusion that this is their job but we all know the truth.

But yeah.. back to my main point, I think Tom Tom will work as long as the show is on. I feel this way about Kristen Cavaliers store that she started when she started her reality show. I’m not sure about

Pump, I don’t know much about it. I think SUR is different because it was already an established buisness/restaurant before this show,wasn’t it? Maybe not as successful, but she didn’t create a restaurant for a story for a show. Tom Tom is different. Granted it all depends on if the story will

be it’s so great or if the story will be that it’s failing.

• Love 3

`

6 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

And finally Jax?  You weren't going upstairs to get something to eat - you went up there to annoy and harass James, hoping to prod him into a reaction.  It's time for you shitbags to leave him alone.    He was doing an excellent job with a very very limited set up (and nice going Schwartz-Slug, calling it his "time-out room"; any other DJ would have told you they couldn't work like this and walked out; James made it work; meanwhile, you and the coven have a few more laughs at his expense).  

Couldn't agree with the above any more.  How many times did James need to tell you he wasn't drinking before you gave up on the idea of trying to "do something nice" by give him something he's not suppose to have, according to the big boss herself?  There is a LOT about James that I don't like much, but you just don't fuck around with someone's sobriety.  Really bad form.  What Jax was trying to do was as clear as the 5 incarnations of noses that have appeared on his face.

2 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Also.. Kristen has never talked bad about Lisa.

I've never really thought about it, but by golly you're right.  At least that I can recall.  That intrigues me.

2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I feel like this show absolutely lost its stride.  It reached a pinnacle around seasons four and five, and now there is just too much Lisa, too much production, too much fakery, too much "let's promote Lisa in every form imaginable" bullshit. 

I feel the same way.  I still want to love it, but the bloom is off the English Rose.  TomTom feels like nothing more than what it really is; a way to keep the admission money rolling in for people who want to come see the animals at the zoo.  Unfortunately, the zoo exhibits have changed and their lives have changed and they aren't so happy waitressing/bussing/bartending anymore.  So Lisa went out and built different cages, but they remain in them, for the world to come hand Lisa money, in order to poke and prod and pose with them.  And the whole show just feels like a safari tour at this point.

Edited by Long Spot
  • Love 8

The only reason I know Kristen hasn’t spoken badly about Lisa is this podcast:

May like 15:25 the hosts bring up Stassis digs on Lisa being an old women and Kristen says she will never say anything like that about Lisa and Lisa hates her more than anyone. But Kristen seems pretty much aware that Lisa is the reason for the show sndnthe hand that feeds her.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I just can't believe the woman is not even sixty.  To me, she resembles a Dianne Feinstein (who is 85) that took slightly better care of her skin and got a few more nips and tucks along the way.  I am not age-shaming, I am looks-shaming: Lisa, when the area where your neck meets your clavicle resembles a vagina, and the skin above your elbow is wrinkled as a shar-pei , it's time...to not to dress like you dressed this past episode.  

It's elitist bullshit mixed up with the fact that her name is on the show.  If Lisa were not rich and/or famous, no way would anyone put up with her.

It will be quite rewarding to see Billie Lee excluded from the girls' trip, but to have no one to whom to "play the trans card," as Lisa has no say in this venture.  For anyone who watches Arrested Development, I feel like Michael Bluth to Lucille when I admonish Billy Lee in my head:  "just be nicer."  Not that I care if Billy Lee is nice.  I find some of Billy Lee's machinations to be funny.  But I do feel that not being invited on the girls' trip is a fine comeuppance for Billy Lee.  When Billie Lee gave Billie Lee's story, Billie Lee said that Billie Lee grew up in Iowa, and it was good and bad.  I have a feeling the people of Iowa with whom Billie Lee associated are happy to let WeHo have Billie Lee...

Love your post.  When Brandi was on Howard Stern, he was talking about how Taylor had so much stuff done to her face and asked how old Lisa was.  Brandi said "I think she's 51." to which, Howard said "51?!!  I thought she was like SEVENTY!!", haha.  When you mentioned the neck part, I immediately thought of Fat Bastard from Austin Powers 3 after he lost weight and said "My neck looks like a vagina."

Yeah, Lisa is a nasty c u next Tuesday, but she can always get away with it because she's so rich.  She says shit about people, then puts on airs and pretends to be all innocent and hurt.  All bullshit.  Who would put up with it, if she were regular middle class bitch?  She has enough money to sue the shit out of anyone she doesn't like, and she knows it.

I could say the same thing about Lisa re: Lucille Bluth - "Stop lying. Stop manipulating. Just Be NICERRRR!"

• Love 5
18 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

That was pretty shitty of Schwartz.

Don't blame Schwartz.  Lisa told him to do it, no argument.  She adamantly did not want Kristen there.  It's Lisa's place before it's Schwartz's place.

Drunk Lisa wasn’t funny, just embarrassing; she’s the type of drunk who immediately clams up and just grins stupidly when not slurring out some random dumb comment to anyone who will listen. Drunk Lisa is like everyone’s Drunk Great-Aunt.

I suspect opening a new restaurant or bar is very stressful and things weren't coming together well for this party.  She made that abundantly clear and it didn't appear she was exaggerating the situation.  They had no ice makers, no a/c (in Cali in August, that's awful).  The kitchen wasn't really operational yet.

I'm willing to give her a break on getting a bit blasted at her own party.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 8
34 minutes ago, b2H said:

Don't blame Schwartz.  Lisa told him to do it, no argument.  She adamantly did not want Kristen there.  It's Lisa's place before it's Schwartz's place.

I suspect opening a new restaurant or bar is very stressful and things weren't coming together well for this party.  She made that abundantly clear and it didn't appear she was exaggerating the situation.  They had no ice makers, no a/c (in Cali in August, that's awful).  The kitchen wasn't really operational yet.

I'm willing to give her a break on getting a bit blasted at her own party.

I believe she said when she grabbed that first drink she was planning to get "slaughtered".   I seem to recall them saying that they had committed to the Daily Mail party BEFORE they were faced with some delays.  But they did seem to have electricity at the time the party began (or were they running off generators).  I'd be stressed as hell.  DM isn't going to care that you've had problems.  You said you'd be ready and we're having our party.  

And I give James credit - he was working under some pretty extraordinary circumstances.  I also give him credit for NOT taking the bait when Jax went up there to get his goat.  Must have been very frustrating for Jax, since he thrives on conflict, to have to walk away empty handed when James laughed at his comments and even high-fived him.  

I hope James succeeds in his quest for sobriety.  My own son has a problem and the getting sober is a tough road to go through, and he would get moody and hard to deal with.   And I agree with the poster upthread who said it was effing nasty of Jax to go up there and keep offering to get him a "drink".  And I'm sure if Jax is called out on the at the reunion, he'll put on his "who? me?" face and say "hey, I didn't say cocktail; I said 'drink'."  We know what you meant clown.  You could just as easily said - "can I get you a coke or some water?"  

• Love 8

Lala is so tacky with her PJ references. She ain't even spending her own dime to take these women away so acting like it's her treat to fuel up the jet is hilarious. Wealthy people don't need to brag about the trinkets they have accessible to them but then again, Lala is a newbie. She's not rich. She's rich adjacent and if she think an estimated $16M net worth is going to be enough to fly private for a lifetime while driving the priciest cars, wearing designer and spending 5 star, you're going to be looking for a new 'it's not about his money, it's just convenient' man soon.

I don't think LVP was all that happy about all of the friends getting invited but I think she drew the line at Kristen and I personally didn't find her comments petty...it was truth. Kristen doesn't travel well. She's either sober and scheme, trespassing or drunk and belligerent. The moment she thought it a good idea to walk into her place of work and belligerently tell one of her boss' to suck a dick, I think she lost the right to be given the benefit of the doubt, especially in any situation that involves a professional capacity. Kristen says LVP is obsessed with her but she's the one trying to get into all of LVP's establishments. The problem with acting like a psycho bitch, especially for extended periods of time, is that just because YOU decide you're now a better person doesn't mean the world owes you another chance. You work for it and you may never receive it. Living with your own consequences is tough shit but that's the real world. If Schwartz were sensible, he would have never extended an invite to Kristen at a private party hosted by LVP without asking LVP first because he knows LVP doesn't like or trust her.

Not much context to go off of with the situation between Jax and his mother but if he's willing to inadvertently blame his mother on TV for not being able to say goodbye to his dad, then I can't imagine what that must have felt like for his mother to hear anything in that capacity said to her face. There could be a number of reasons why she didn't tell Jax and his sister exactly what was going on. Maybe his father wished it that way or maybe his mother, who held off on a divorce and seemingly became his father's primary caretaker tried to be optimistic that even she was surprised by his passing. It just seemed manipulative to me that he indirectly blames his mother and then boo hoos that she didn't call him with a long story on his birthday when she is possibly more hurt by her son than she is angry with him. And as he laments over sometimes wishing his mother would call, there's no acknowledgment that he just as much not talking to her as she is not talking to him. He's making it seem like she has completely struck him out of her life.

Did they not consider a DJ booth when they were building the space? Were they thinking it would be a good idea to have a DJ spinning tracks in a room the size of a telephone booth that's basically in the kitchen? lol. James didn't look the least bit in impressed and I can't say I blame him for a change, lol. But I'm not going to lie, seeing him run between the closet to the cubby hole so that he can move his hands in the air DJ style had me laughing. I guess he wanted to keep with the optics, haha.

Jax as a guest helped himself upstairs to a closed off area of an establishment to get himself some food? BULLSHIT. He went upstairs to get after James. James was perfectly pleasant with him and what does Jax do? Offers to get him a cocktail. One of the many people who have complained about drunk James and he offers to get him a bit drunk. Jax isn't all that different no matter what he claims. It's one thing to be okay with seeing someone fail, but manipulative tactics to speed the process along is pretty fucking shitty.

Kudos to the restaurant designer. He's fucking brilliant.

What does Katie really do? She doesn't work on her blog much. She doesn't work that much at the restaurants...she clearly feels her schedule is free enough to hang out at the bar every night...so does she show up occasionally for filming and the complain about her hostile environment so that she can have some TV time?

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

I hope James succeeds in his quest for sobriety.  My own son has a problem and the getting sober is a tough road to go through, and he would get moody and hard to deal with.   And I agree with the poster upthread who said it was effing nasty of Jax to go up there and keep offering to get him a "drink".  And I'm sure if Jax is called out on the at the reunion, he'll put on his "who? me?" face and say "hey, I didn't say cocktail; I said 'drink'."  We know what you meant clown.  You could just as easily said - "can I get you a coke or some water?"  

Last night on WWHL, James was drinking. Without Jax trying to tempt him. 

Lala got it right.  James is surrounded by yes people who excuse his actions and rarely has actual, bona-fide consequences for his behavior. 

And I'm tired of the lie that he's the only friend Lala had.  He was only her "friend" because he thought it would lead to her bed.  If Lala showed him any interest, whatsoever, he'd drop Dumbasrocksel faster than a poohstick off a bridge.

Oh bother.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

Yeah, Lisa is a nasty c u next Tuesday, but she can always get away with it because she's so rich.  She says shit about people, then puts on airs and pretends to be all innocent and hurt.  All bullshit.  Who would put up with it, if she were regular middle class bitch?  She has enough money to sue the shit out of anyone she doesn't like, and she knows it.

Who puts up with her now who's not being paid to be on tv with her?  (Besides Ken)

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, princelina said:

Who puts up with her now who's not being paid to be on tv with her?  (Besides Ken)

This statement intrigues me.  I think we are lead to believe the upcoming season of RHWOBH will be rough for Lisa because of the folks who are paid to be with her on TV.  I generally like Lisa but she has her flaws, and yes, don't we all.  I'm not sure I understand her need to be on two reality shows.  She has money and fame and Ken will start to really embarrass her before too long.  Get while the getting is good.

• Love 4

I fell asleep during the 5 looong minutes they spent showing Beau steaming, then blow drying Stassi’s jump suit with all of the voice-overs and “pumped up” comments to read going on and on about Beau being so helpful. Come on—no one cares about any of that! But apparently we guessed correctly that James being fired from SUR was a fake storyline for him to switch to TomTom—which makes no sense since Katie’s husband is an owner of that place! Or, was James just previously contracted by the magazine to work at that party? I loved the “pumped up” comment that attendance to Girls’ Night In dropped week 2. Of course because no one knew the format changed that first week! DJ Manny isn’t pulling them in? You don’t say? 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, LaLaLaLa said:

I don't like Katie but I did like, "it will be like our Peach Pit."

She got it all wrong. SUR is the Peach Pit. TomTom is The Peach Pit After Dark.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

I was half listening during the term sheet "skit".

Did I mis hear Lisa say something about preferring to do business on a verbal agreement?

She gave them a term sheet and then dressed them down for asking for one.

She said prefers to do business on a handshake and basically tried to shame them for showing a lack of trust in her by wanting something in writing.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 12
On 2/4/2019 at 10:43 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

“It’s, like, a two-hour drive, but I don’t really like being in a car that much.”

Would Lala be willing to put up with a two-hour drive if they packed tons of booze and treats like Ariana's Snatch Snack Box?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

You can see that Jax hasn’t really changed by him saying “I am the son she should reach out to me.” By his own admission they had a fight around his father her HUSBAND’s cancer treatment. He thinks his pain is above everyone else even his mother who was apparently with his father for over 40plus years including after he left the house. 

He also either lied to his sister or to Lisa because he told his sister that his mom called but it was just a plain happy birthday and not the story of his birth (which good lord that sounds boring to have to hear every year especially because what we heard it was pretty standard birth story) but then told Lisa she didn’t call. I hate him so much.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 8

He told his sister that their mom only texted him “Happy Birthday” and didn’t call. He told Lisa that his mom didn’t call. Both are true, but he didn’t correct Lisa’s inference that his mother didn’t contact him to wish him happy birthday at all. 

I have to say, I’m on Jax’s side with this. He is the child, albeit an older one. But she is the parent. The parent should always be the bigger person, IMO—it seems like it should be instinct. 

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, SimonSeymour said:

The parent should always be the bigger person, IMO—it seems like it should be instinct. 

Their fight is over the fact that she and his father didn’t make choices about his dad’s cancer treatment that Jax approved of and that is bullshit in my opinion because he is an idiot and it’s not up to him and illustrates he is a self involved asshat.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 12

Yes, Schwartz, as one of the owners YOU need to do whatever the place needs to get it all together.  NOBODY is too good to clean toilets.  It's actually a very important job at a place where they serve food.  Ever wanted to go to eat or drink at a bar/restaurant with filthy toilets?  Me neither.  At least you're actually DOING something.  Unless you start having panic attacks at the thought of having to do you know... WORK.

Lala is one of those horribly entitled, spoilt women who becomes even worse by marrying a rich guy.  I bet Scheana is crazy jealous.  I cringe every time they talk about sex, because it is sooooo borrrrrring.  Lala can't help herself.  It's vagina, vagina, vagina, All The Freaking Time.  You know those pathetic guys who act all intense and mysterious to get laid?  She's kind of doing that, but by talking about sex and cursing all the time, because she thinks it'll make her sound cool and tough.  No, little girl - you sound insecure as hell.

• Love 4

I’m gonna take you all on a girls’ weekend to Solvang.

SOLVANG, y’all. The place you stop when you’re heading up/down the coast. Grab a tub o’ butter cookies, buy some knee breeches, take a selfie in front of the Little Mermaid statue. Next stop, Pea Soup Andersen!

Why on earth go there, and not Santa Barbara? I mean, no hate on Solvang, but it’s not really that... cool, and very un-VPR.

• Love 8

Going to speculate on the rift of Jax and his mom.  Jax and his sister seem upset that mom did not keep them informed on the severity/timeline of dad's passing.  When I was the caregiver for my mother in law when she had stage 4 cancer (throat spread to liver - 4 packs a day will do that to you)  I was badgered by family members on her condition but only if it deemed necessary for them to make a final visit (not to help of course).   Seriously I had her brother's wife ask when she was going to die as they were going on their annual fishing trip with their pastor and friends and her daughter asked the same thing so when to book her flight and not a minute before.  Even after I told everyone she was placed in hospice they wanted a date they should come.  Um how about as soon as possible?!  They were upset I could not give them the time/date of the impending death.  Maybe Jax and sister were expecting their mother to do the same thing?  

• Love 11

I thought at the start of the season Jax gave an explanation about why he and his mom were not speaking. For some reason, I assumed that it was because his mother did not keep him updated about how bad his father's condition got. Did Jax get a chance to go see his dad before he passed? I am probably wrong and should go back a see if I can find what Jax said at the beginning of the season about their rift.

• Love 3

So everyone congratulates the Toms on how great the place looks - uhhh they had nothing to do with that. 

And another thing I wonder... in the real world... wouldn't Lisa have to pay the Tom for using their likeness? Or is she just that smart that she was able to get them to pay her for their likeness with a cover up as it being as minimal partners? 

Lisa doesn't like terms... she likes trust. Thank god the guys were smarter than that and got the terms in writing. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, SimonSeymour said:

He told his sister that their mom only texted him “Happy Birthday” and didn’t call. He told Lisa that his mom didn’t call. Both are true, but he didn’t correct Lisa’s inference that his mother didn’t contact him to wish him happy birthday at all. 

I have to say, I’m on Jax’s side with this. He is the child, albeit an older one. But she is the parent. The parent should always be the bigger person, IMO—it seems like it should be instinct. 

My older son and I have had a difficult relationship for decades (it's a very long story).  I don't call to wish him happy birthday because he wouldn't pick up the call.  His wife and I are friendly and I work through her.  On FB, I post an acknowledgment every year.

There are just some relationships that don't work well.  However, an effort should always be made.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Why on earth go there, and not Santa Barbara? I mean, no hate on Solvang, but it’s not really that... cool, and very un-VPR.

I don't care where they go. I can't wait to see how Billie reacts to not being invited, will she be "triggered" again?

• Love 8

What is wrong with the universe when my favorite Vanderpumper is DJ Jazzy Muppet Baby James?  

I said this right after it happened and I'll say it again.  Katie started the entire thing during Pride when she first commented on James' appearance.  He gave it back to her.  Neither was right BUT SHE STARTED IT.  Now she's playing victim, got him fired (again) from SUR and is demanding that everyone else unfriend him and that he shouldn't be allowed to work anywhere she may be working or showing up.  Bullshit, girl.  These chucklefucks are so keen on "owning it."  She needs to own it.  She is just as guilty as James.  She made a comment about his appearance and how he looked in his outfit, which is pretty much what he did in return.  Katie can take about 2 dozen seats.

As others pointed out, I did notice that James showed up for the TomTom party timely and didn't complain nor say a word about his accommodations, which were beyond poor and not well thought out.  He didn't complain.  He simply set up and started working.  It's been said before but it bears repeating.  In a group full of lazy, unmotivated and basically unambitious people, James has hustle.  I believed his tears when he was fired (again) and I believe that he does put a great deal of stock in his work.  It is all he has (sadly) and he's supporting multiple people in his family (some that he shouldn't be.)   He definitely should not be drinking, as he can be a mean drunk and it's obviously an issue for him and his family.  

And while James has said some not so nice things while drunk, he hasn't appeared to intentionally gone after people the way almost everyone else has.  

Damn it.  These bastards have made me like James.

I don't agree with Lisa that Kristen had to be uninvited to TomTom, given that everybody else in her group was going to be there.  However, Katie should never have invited her.  It wasn't Katie's party; it wasn't even Schwartz' party.  It was the Daily Mail's party.  That said, Katie should have been the one to uninvite Kristen since she fucked up and invited her in the first place.   And Katie thinks everyone (i.e., their "group") is going to be hanging out at TomTom on the daily?  First, you should be working yourself.  And secondly, if Schwartz is working, I'm sure he might prefer that his lazy wife and her coven don't show up every single day/night to harass him for free drinks.

I did love seeing the Toms' reactions to TomTom.  Flat Iron must have had a good cry beforehand because we all know he would have been blubbering otherwise.

The two dogs running in to see Kristen when she was pout-eating in bed was beyond cute.  And I love Kristen's hair.  I may have to do the same, or a variation if I have the courage to cut mine.

What's the deal with Kristen wanting so badly to take down James?  Hasn't it been like 2 years since they broke up?  Move on!  She's more like Lisa than we realize - - Lisa is determined to bash and knock down Kristen; Kristen is determined to bash and knock down James.

I did snort over how Lisa said they were going to have a party at TomTom with no electricity.  Then we see James with a fan set up to blow into the closet he was given.  Was Schwartz running around a hamster wheel to power it or something?  Come on.  Fake drama.

Jax can obviously be a real dick (case in point: offering multiple times to bring James a cocktail, knowing he wasn't drinking, after poking fun at him in the DJ closet) but I did feel for him on his first birthday without his dad.  I don't know what happened between him and his mom so I won't throw shade.  Yet.   Didn't we have Jax' birthday (and Tom's) last episode?  Man, these chuckleheads like to make their birthdays last as long as possible.

Still laughing over how Scheana had to tell Lala with her big eyes and batting her fake eyelashes: "You haven't HEARD about ME?  Me and Adam?"  She is just dying for everyone to know they're banging so she can confirm it and then claim she really doesn't want to be in a relationship.  Uh-huh.  Sure, Scheana.  

Lala may be rivaling Katie for the biggest head in the joint (saying a lot when Jax is there.)  You don't like to be in the car that long?  Girl, you live in LA.  Two hours is NOTHING.  Just admit you want to show off your "PJ" and be done with it.  

I think we all know that most of these folks don't work at SUR hardly ever, if at all.  But these random trips they all take together absolutely prove it.  In the real world, Lisa would never be able to let half her staff take off at the same time for Solvang or Vegas or wherever. 

• Love 11

I don't understand why they didn't just move the DM party to Sur or Pump.

I felt bad for Scheana (I know...) when she & Lala were having coffee.  I feel like it would sting if I used to be friends with a group, then fell out with them, and then someone who has been around for less time than me, and used to be on the outs with them, is suddenly in, and giving me advice on how to handle them.

So when Scheana hangs with the Coven, basically she has to walk on eggshells & try not to say anything that they'll find annoying, yet everyone else gets to act exactly however the fuck they want.

I don't mind her, she's harmless.  Sucks for her.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, teapot said:

I felt bad for Scheana (I know...) when she & Lala were having coffee.  I feel like it would sting if I used to be friends with a group, then fell out with them, and then someone who has been around for less time than me, and used to be on the outs with them, is suddenly in, and giving me advice on how to handle them.

So when Scheana hangs with the Coven, basically she has to walk on eggshells & try not to say anything that they'll find annoying, yet everyone else gets to act exactly however the fuck they want.

I don't mind her, she's harmless.  Sucks for her.

I agree with you. I do not mind Scheana for the most part. She is self-absorbed, but seems way less vindictive and catty than the rest of the group. I agreed with her when she said she will never win with the coven. The only time members of the coven treat her as a friend is when they are on the outs with the rest of the group. 

• Love 9