Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Tom and Tommer

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Did they not consider a DJ booth when they were building the space? Were they thinking it would be a good idea to have a DJ spinning tracks in a room the size of a telephone booth that's basically in the kitchen? lol. James didn't look the least bit in impressed and I can't say I blame him for a change, lol. But I'm not going to lie, seeing him run between the closet to the cubby hole so that he can move his hands in the air DJ style had me laughing. I guess he wanted to keep with the optics, haha.

I'm wondering if they don't plan to have a regular DJ? Did they just bring James in for the "opening night"? Because, yea, it's going to be awkward as hell otherwise. 

5 hours ago, mytmo said:

Going to speculate on the rift of Jax and his mom.  Jax and his sister seem upset that mom did not keep them informed on the severity/timeline of dad's passing.  When I was the caregiver for my mother in law when she had stage 4 cancer (throat spread to liver - 4 packs a day will do that to you)  I was badgered by family members on her condition but only if it deemed necessary for them to make a final visit (not to help of course).   Seriously I had her brother's wife ask when she was going to die as they were going on their annual fishing trip with their pastor and friends and her daughter asked the same thing so when to book her flight and not a minute before.  Even after I told everyone she was placed in hospice they wanted a date they should come.  Um how about as soon as possible?!  They were upset I could not give them the time/date of the impending death.  Maybe Jax and sister were expecting their mother to do the same thing?  

We really have no idea. 

When my Grandpa was sick with cancer, my dad was mad at me. So he decided to send me an email, letting my know Grandpa had less than 24 hours. I lived across the country, was 6 months pregnant, and worked full time. I didn't check my email every day. I missed out on saying "goodbye" to my grandpa and I was PISSED at my dad. 

I just don't feel comfortable commenting either way, because we don't know the whole situation. Just because Jax has been a shitheel on the show over these years doesn't mean his mom is a saint. I mean, she helped raise him after all. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

What is wrong with the universe when my favorite Vanderpumper is DJ Jazzy Muppet Baby James?  

I said this right after it happened and I'll say it again.  Katie started the entire thing during Pride when she first commented on James' appearance.  He gave it back to her.  Neither was right BUT SHE STARTED IT.  Now she's playing victim, got him fired (again) from SUR and is demanding that everyone else unfriend him and that he shouldn't be allowed to work anywhere she may be working or showing up.  Bullshit, girl.  These chucklefucks are so keen on "owning it."  She needs to own it.  She is just as guilty as James.  She made a comment about his appearance and how he looked in his outfit, which is pretty much what he did in return.  Katie can take about 2 dozen seats.

As others pointed out, I did notice that James showed up for the TomTom party timely and didn't complain nor say a word about his accommodations, which were beyond poor and not well thought out.  He didn't complain.  He simply set up and started working.  It's been said before but it bears repeating.  In a group full of lazy, unmotivated and basically unambitious people, James has hustle.  I believed his tears when he was fired (again) and I believe that he does put a great deal of stock in his work.  It is all he has (sadly) and he's supporting multiple people in his family (some that he shouldn't be.)   He definitely should not be drinking, as he can be a mean drunk and it's obviously an issue for him and his family.  

And while James has said some not so nice things while drunk, he hasn't appeared to intentionally gone after people the way almost everyone else has.  

Damn it.  These bastards have made me like James.

I don't agree with Lisa that Kristen had to be uninvited to TomTom, given that everybody else in her group was going to be there.  However, Katie should never have invited her.  It wasn't Katie's party; it wasn't even Schwartz' party.  It was the Daily Mail's party.  That said, Katie should have been the one to uninvite Kristen since she fucked up and invited her in the first place.   And Katie thinks everyone (i.e., their "group") is going to be hanging out at TomTom on the daily?  First, you should be working yourself.  And secondly, if Schwartz is working, I'm sure he might prefer that his lazy wife and her coven don't show up every single day/night to harass him for free drinks.

I did love seeing the Toms' reactions to TomTom.  Flat Iron must have had a good cry beforehand because we all know he would have been blubbering otherwise.

The two dogs running in to see Kristen when she was pout-eating in bed was beyond cute.  And I love Kristen's hair.  I may have to do the same, or a variation if I have the courage to cut mine.

What's the deal with Kristen wanting so badly to take down James?  Hasn't it been like 2 years since they broke up?  Move on!  She's more like Lisa than we realize - - Lisa is determined to bash and knock down Kristen; Kristen is determined to bash and knock down James.

I did snort over how Lisa said they were going to have a party at TomTom with no electricity.  Then we see James with a fan set up to blow into the closet he was given.  Was Schwartz running around a hamster wheel to power it or something?  Come on.  Fake drama.

Jax can obviously be a real dick (case in point: offering multiple times to bring James a cocktail, knowing he wasn't drinking, after poking fun at him in the DJ closet) but I did feel for him on his first birthday without his dad.  I don't know what happened between him and his mom so I won't throw shade.  Yet.   Didn't we have Jax' birthday (and Tom's) last episode?  Man, these chuckleheads like to make their birthdays last as long as possible.

Still laughing over how Scheana had to tell Lala with her big eyes and batting her fake eyelashes: "You haven't HEARD about ME?  Me and Adam?"  She is just dying for everyone to know they're banging so she can confirm it and then claim she really doesn't want to be in a relationship.  Uh-huh.  Sure, Scheana.  

Lala may be rivaling Katie for the biggest head in the joint (saying a lot when Jax is there.)  You don't like to be in the car that long?  Girl, you live in LA.  Two hours is NOTHING.  Just admit you want to show off your "PJ" and be done with it.  

I think we all know that most of these folks don't work at SUR hardly ever, if at all.  But these random trips they all take together absolutely prove it.  In the real world, Lisa would never be able to let half her staff take off at the same time for Solvang or Vegas or wherever. 

Welcome to my world! And because it can't be said enough, Katie absolutely started it. 

What IS Kristen's problem? I don't know why she still has such a hard on for James, but she does have a good haircut. I think I agreed with pretty much everything you said.

Pretty sure Jax said when we learned his father died that his mum had not been forthcoming about the severity of his condition, so I think he felt like he missed out on time to say goodbye or would have wanted to spend more time with him..

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I agree with you. I do not mind Scheana for the most part. She is self-absorbed, but seems way less vindictive and catty than the rest of the group. I agreed with her when she said she will never win with the coven. The only time members of the coven treat her as a friend is when they are on the outs with the rest of the group. 

The Coven is awful and vindictive. When they didn't like Lala and thought she was a gold digging whore, they were quick to tell the story about how Lala pulled a knife on poor innocent Faith. Now that they are friends with Lala, it was a butter knife, it was a joke, and Faith was overreacting. After it was revealed that Faith slept with Jax, Faith became a thirsty (true) homeless demoness thief who "clearly" perpetrated this series of aggravated robberies despite Faith being 5 inches taller than the suspect, many years older, and the police explicitly telling the Coven that Faith was not a person of interest. Was that going to stop the Coven? No. They continued to call the police, follow Faith to places and call the police again, and also call the military police because Faith used to be in the military.

Stassi doesn't like Scheana and has never liked her. Stassi is still resentful that Vanderpump Rules owes its creation to Scheana and Lisa. Stassi, especially, has a hard time with that seeing as she's been in the reality TV game longest, for almost 15 years (excluding Scheana and Sandoval's brief appearances on The Hills). This is Stassi's 3rd reality show. And as much as I think Scheana is fake and superficial, she's never treated anyone (except for Shay and that's a huge demerit) as badly as Stassi continues to treat everyone on a daily basis.

I continue to be "Team Scheana" not because she's awesome or interesting, but because the rest of these assholes continue to be terrible, manipulative, and awful. Stassi continues to be kind of bigoted and garbage. I'm not going to forget that just because Billie or Scheana are thirsty.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 8
25 minutes ago, politichick said:

Welcome to my world! And because it can't be said enough, Katie absolutely started it. 

What IS Kristen's problem? I don't know why she still has such a hard on for James, but she does have a good haircut. I think I agreed with pretty much everything you said.

Pretty sure Jax said when we learned his father died that his mum had not been forthcoming about the severity of his condition, so I think he felt like he missed out on time to say goodbye or would have wanted to spend more time with him..

I'll come sit by you on the bus -- the bus that's surely driving us straight into hell for liking James Kennedy.  A year or so ago, I never would have thought it possible.  I really want him to keep his act together and stay away from alcohol, make something of himself so he can tell the other Vanderpumpers to take a flying leap off Lala's PJ and be done with it. 

I have to think that Kristen is going after James for show.  At one time she did have Flat Iron in her sights and that was clearly all b.s., since she seems to be good friends with him and The Nugget now.  

I'd like to know what these tools have against first names.  I get why everyone calls Schwartz Schwartz.  But Shay was really Mike and now I hear apparently that Kristen's boyfriend Carter is actually named Brian, with Carter being his last name.  Is it hip now to call someone by their last name?  I guess I missed that memo.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I continue to be "Team Scheana" not because she's awesome or interesting, but because the rest of these assholes continue to be terrible, manipulative, and awful.

The priorities of these people are baffling to me.  Punch me in the face?  Sleep with my boyfriend?  Lie, lie, lie for years?  Call me a whore? Regularly act like a belligerent asshole in public? Tell the world you'll never have anything to do with me again because I am a loser?  Advise my fiancé not to marry me?  Hey, no problem, I'll get over it! 

"Talk about annoying things"?  Ew.  You can't sit with us.

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Stassi is still resentful that Vanderpump Rules owes its creation to Scheana and Lisa.

And one thing about Bravo is the seem to be loyal to the people who put it all out there, warts and all and, from being The Other Woman to asking for a divorce on camera, no one has done that more than Scheana.  These women should be thanking their stars she's willing to do it because none of them want to.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I have to think that Kristen is going after James for show.  At one time she did have Flat Iron in her sights and that was clearly all b.s., since she seems to be good friends with him and The Nugget now.  

I'd like to know what these tools have against first names.  I get why everyone calls Schwartz Schwartz.  But Shay was really Mike and now I hear apparently that Kristen's boyfriend Carter is actually named Brian, with Carter being his last name.  Is it hip now to call someone by their last name?  I guess I missed that memo.

Yeah, they think it's a cool thing to do and will probably tell you that Carter sounds cooler than Brian and Shay flows better than Mike.

Every time I see Ariana being described as Nugget, I crack up.  Actually, just the word itself makes me laugh.  The other day, my friend's super sweet 4-year-old son asked me if I wanted any nuggets on his plate (awwww), I laughed so hard, I almost scared the poor angel. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SarahPrtr said:

Yeah, they think it's a cool thing to do and will probably tell you that Carter sounds cooler than Brian and Shay flows better than Mike.

Every time I see Ariana being described as Nugget, I crack up.  Actually, just the word itself makes me laugh.  The other day, my friend's super sweet 4-year-old son asked me if I wanted any nuggets on his plate (awwww), I laughed so hard, I almost scared the poor angel. 

Long before Ariana was called Nugget, Stupendous Man used to call our dog "Butt Nugget".

I also laugh, but for different reasons.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, ghoulina said:

We really have no idea. 

When my Grandpa was sick with cancer, my dad was mad at me. So he decided to send me an email, letting my know Grandpa had less than 24 hours. I lived across the country, was 6 months pregnant, and worked full time. I didn't check my email every day. I missed out on saying "goodbye" to my grandpa and I was PISSED at my dad. 

I just don't feel comfortable commenting either way, because we don't know the whole situation. Just because Jax has been a shitheel on the show over these years doesn't mean his mom is a saint. I mean, she helped raise him after all. 

I was only showing a different point of view.  Sorry to read that happened to you.  That really sucks you were not given ample time to see your Grampa.

For sure Jax is a shitheel.  He may have fell from the shitheel tree too.

• Love 2
On 2/6/2019 at 12:24 PM, teapot said:

I don't understand why they didn't just move the DM party to Sur or Pump.

I felt bad for Scheana (I know...) when she & Lala were having coffee.  I feel like it would sting if I used to be friends with a group, then fell out with them, and then someone who has been around for less time than me, and used to be on the outs with them, is suddenly in, and giving me advice on how to handle them.

So when Scheana hangs with the Coven, basically she has to walk on eggshells & try not to say anything that they'll find annoying, yet everyone else gets to act exactly however the fuck they want.

I don't mind her, she's harmless.  Sucks for her.

On 2/6/2019 at 1:44 PM, Misslindsey said:

I agree with you. I do not mind Scheana for the most part. She is self-absorbed, but seems way less vindictive and catty than the rest of the group. I agreed with her when she said she will never win with the coven. The only time members of the coven treat her as a friend is when they are on the outs with the rest of the group. 

Yeah that was the first time I felt bad for Schena and I did feel for her when she said she missed them.  I don’t think the memebers treat her like a friend when they are outside of the group, they treat her like a friend when she stands in their line of what they want. Like the summer of Katie’s wedding, I don’t think they were outside of the group? The group was very much all about Tom and Katie’s wedding somthey were very much center piece.

Anyways. At that time though I do sort of understand why the coven was mad. I feel they went about it the wrong way but Lala was saying bad things about Katie and Schwartz’s upcoming marriage and tweeting things and Schena was from what the coven has said speaking gossip on what Lala said and then all of a sudden is just whatever about it all? I think they were confused. And I do have to agree, Schena wants to be friends with everyone which is a good quality but you do have to acknowledge when another person you claim is your friend hurts another one of your friends and Schena tends to get defensive about that and acts in that mode sometimes.

Again though.. the coven handles these situations just as bad. If anything that’s my main problem. When Katie and Lala were having this issue back in season 5, Katie and Schena should have talked this out, instead they brought in stassi and Kristen and so it’s three against one and that always bothered me. But that’s how they work. 

Anyways after reading comments and listening to a few podcasts about this episode, it’s clear that this “soft opening” daily mail party was only done for dramatic effect at Tom Tom. They obviously weren’t ready for a party, case in point all the dramatic scenes of what they had to do the day before and day of.  And the food was coming from Pump anyway. It was just done for a drama moment but still. I’m sure the real Tom tom opening is going to be on the show anyway, so what was the point of this? To show us Tom Tom? Aren’t we going to see it at other points throughout this series? For Lisa to give the Toms their term sheet?(that she acted strange that they asked about having, do they even have any stake in Tom Tom? Has she cashed their checks? Why are they even “owners”?) to have a scene where Kristen gets uninvited because Lisa loves to humiliate Kristen? To show James djing in a closet? So many questions. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 3
On 2/4/2019 at 8:54 PM, rustyspigot said:

Right? That scene with Schwartz, DJ James, and Raquel made no damn sense. Why are they hanging out all of a sudden? They ditched the apology letter plot and tried to start something else?

I find every scene in which Raquel speaks just doesn't make sense. It's probably a bit cruel because people cannot help if they just aren't bright but when your boyfriend takes a good 20 seconds to reassure you that you aren't dumb.....it's not looking good for your relationship or your aspirations to join MENSA.

Edited by Kelly88
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1