Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: Someday

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Regina had had a restaurant in the past but it went under because of her business partner.  Jon's last business deal (which Delilah knew about, even though she claimed that Jon never talked to her about anything...) was this restaurant and he "left it" to both Regina and Delilah.  Regina so that she could have a restaurant and Delilah so that she could get back into interior design.

Of course, we only saw Regina do any of the designing and Delilah, who knows nothing of her own finances, appeared to be the business person--which probably explains why they didn't have anything they needed to open until she found some other man to do everything for her.

Love this, spot on.

• Love 1
On 2/13/2019 at 12:19 AM, Suzn said:

It makes her being irresistible even more mysterious.  She must have a force field that men are trapped in that causes memory loss and a complete lack of judgement.

My exact thoughts. The character is pretty (barring the hair) and pleasant, but we have yet to see any standout qualities that makes the viewer think, "yeah, I can see why multiple men fall for her."

I feel like the writers don't quite know what to do with her story. Is she the long-suffering wife - now widow - who's on a self-empowering mission? Is she a serial philanderer? Is she having a mid-life crisis? I realize character development takes some time to tease out, but as a viewer I need more hints on why someone continues to be on the screen

All things considered, the other characters have their own arcs: Gary outgrowing his commitment phobia, Maggie with her fight, Gina and the complexity of her backstory, Katherine getting away from taking care of Eddie, Rome and his depression, even Eddie coming to terms in his new role as a sober, now-single musician (this one's a stretch but at least something is there.) As Jon's wife, Delilah could be a very pivotal, central character with unique insights into how the circle of friends evolved - give her more oomph, please!

• Love 1
On 2/10/2019 at 10:27 AM, HazelEyes4325 said:

Delilah has done some pretty awful things (cheat on her husband, break up someone else's marriage, lie at least once about the paternity of her child, force someone else to lie as well AND give up any rights to his own child

I don't like her, but I quibble with your list. She cheated on her husband, yes. She did not break up someone else's marriage, Eddie broke up his marriage by cheating on his wife. Her lying once about the paternity of the child -- meh, it's nobody's business who she had sex with. She did not force someone else to lie, she asked someone else to lie. Eddie does not have to comply with her wishes, and he does not have to give up his rights to his own child. If you meant she's terrible because she asked him to lie and give up rights, then yes, that's terrible. 

On 2/10/2019 at 3:07 PM, Lady Calypso said:

they didn't have time to secure a license in more than the three months that they were working on the restaurant? Really?

IRL, they wouldn't have set an opening date until they had that secured.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, smartymarty said:

I don't like her, but I quibble with your list. She cheated on her husband, yes. She did not break up someone else's marriage, Eddie broke up his marriage by cheating on his wife. Her lying once about the paternity of the child -- meh, it's nobody's business who she had sex with. She did not force someone else to lie, she asked someone else to lie. Eddie does not have to comply with her wishes, and he does not have to give up his rights to his own child. If you meant she's terrible because she asked him to lie and give up rights, then yes, that's terrible. 

I'm not arguing that Eddie broke up his marriage, but Delilah did bring Katherine into her own marriage problems (she herself admitted this).  I do think that an affair is bad, but an affair with someone who is in your social group and is married to someone else in your social group is especially bad (and, yes, I realize that is a more common set up for affairs, but I do think it is worse for others in your social circle than hooking up with someone who has no ties to other parts of your life).  And Nash has said in interviews that Delilah and Katherine were once close friends...

As for the baby...you're right.  Eddie doesn't have to go along with it, but I can't really see him (or anyone) going around and proudly, or even not so proudly, announcing that he's the father of his dead best friend's wife's baby.  I do think that Delilah made the worst possible choices in this scenario.  As far as I can tell, you options--ranked from best to worse--were:

1 - Not cheat on her husband

2 - Get Plan B when the condom broke

3 - Tell everyone the truth about the baby

4 - Lie to everyone  INCLUDING EDDIE about the baby

5 - Force Eddie to lie about the baby

(there is also the 6th option of abortion, but I honestly don't know where I would put that in this list.  I think the show handled that badly so I can't really form an opinion about it).

5 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

(there is also the 6th option of abortion, but I honestly don't know where I would put that in this list.  I think the show handled that badly so I can't really form an opinion about it).

Abortion is so poorly handled on decent shows -- I'd hate to think what a mess they'd make of it on this one!

• Love 2