Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: David, Goliath and a Yoo-Hoo from the Back

Bort
  • Start Topic

Wow, was Sheldon an ass in this episode. I didn't really get why the Georgie's rival agreed to essentially act as Sheldon's bodyguard, but boy did he exploit it mercilessly. At least he got his comeuppance by the end.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 3:58 AM, ams1001 said:

So did he spend the night in there? Mary didn't notice he didn't come home?

I'm guessing he was actually only in there for an hour or so until he was taken out. No way would Mary have just shrugged and said he'd turn up.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 5:13 AM, Mystery said:

Missy was, as usual, sheer perfection. I loved her face each time someone called her bluff about "asking." 

I guess she'll learn the art of better lying in due course!

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 2:42 AM, ChitChat said:

Yay that we got the story on Mary and what led to her conversion!

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:23 PM, Katy M said:

I thought Mee-Maw made that up, hence her not telling Mary what she said to Missy.

I thought it was the truth. We know that Georgie was born "unusually quickly" after his parents' wedding so we know she had a conversion in the following decade or so.

Spoiler

We also have her comment to Penny in TBBT that "You could have her for a bottle of cheap wine at her age."

• Love 1

I don't know if this is the right topic for this, but a few days ago I was watching S02 E14 and noticed something: Meemaw is showing Mary's youth pictures to Missy from her high school yearbook and when she closed it, the "Medford High School '72" writing in the cover is visible. So Mary was born in 1954, I think. As the adult characters's ages are not very clear in the show, I think it gives us a hint about Mary's age (36 in 1990, which is also Zoe Perry's real age now), and I wanted it to share it with you.

You can see the ss of the scene here: https://imgur.com/a/plKAOfS

• Like 1
  • Love 1