Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E14: The Meteorite Manifestation

Sheldon is thrilled to help Bernadette and Howard navigate bureaucratic paperwork, until he discovers they are breaking the law; Leonard is disappointed when his friends exclude him from a scientific project.

Airdate: Thursday, January 31, 2019

Older-woman-is-cranky-because-menopause jokes are always funny.

4 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I was distracted by the "Zone Zone" guy -- he is very recognizable!  But I think the only other thing I've seen him in is the CarMax commercials.

That's who that was!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Browncoat said:

I was distracted by the "Zone Zone" guy -- he is very recognizable!  But I think the only other thing I've seen him in is the CarMax commercials.

Andy Daly - he also recently guest starred as "Dave," Eleanor's mother's boyfriend on The Good Place.

• Love 8

Actually, I really liked Stuart and his gf freaking out about Raj cutting into a meteorite and bringing about the destruction of the world or an alien invasion. It cracked me up and is so something I would worry about in the back of my mind, heh. 

I also like Leonard sneezing on everything and Stuart telling him he just bought that whole role of comics and the Aquaman. As someone who currently hast he flu, I felt better knowing that Leonard was sick. Yes, I'm weird. 

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, Reality police said:
15 minutes ago, Mystery said:

I liked Stuart and his girlfriend. That was it. 

They were the best part of the show

Seriously. Who would have thought Stuart and a girlfriend would be the best part of an episode? Maybe that was the objective, so they made the rest flat? 

Too bad they didn't have Howard rig the neighbor's floodlight to clap-on/clap-off.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Too bad they didn't have Howard rig the neighbor's floodlight to clap-on/clap-off.

Yes, I kept expecting Howard to do something clever, but instead it was Sheldon and the bureaucrats (band name?).

Leonard with glowing eyes was fun.  But I hope he gets a win against Sheldon before the series ends.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Frost said:

That was a pretty boring episode.  Absolute filler.

I actually fell asleep and had to rewind part of it.

The only part I really liked was Stuart and his girlfriend thinking some sort of alien plague had been released, and that they were going to have to repopulate the earth.  Come to think of it, I'd watch that show.  Stuart would probably last about five minutes in the apocalypse though.

I guess I also appreciated Amy trying to talk Sheldon out of ratting his friends out.  I'm almost surprised he didn't.

Leonard was gross sneezing all over everything.  Wasn't he taught to cover his mouth and nose when he sneezes?

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, bybrandy said:

I just don't believe any one of those people would have picked using a diamond cutter over using Leonard's new laser.   

Or that they would be more interested in Howard’s neighbors than the laser. I miss their joy  for science. 

1 hour ago, rmontro said:

Leonard was gross sneezing all over everything.  Wasn't he taught to cover his mouth and nose when he sneezes?

Working in retail, I see people all day long coughing and sneezing without covering their mouths. Don't get me started on how often people leave a public restroom without washing their hands.

• Love 6

Leonard not following proper sneeze-protocol after all these years of living with Sheldon took me right out of the episode. Way too much filler stuff that was going nowhere - except of course Stuart and Denise.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Reality police said:
7 hours ago, Mystery said:

I liked Stuart and his girlfriend. That was it. 

They were the best part of the show. 

And now, after so many seasons, we have an answer to the question:

"If Stuart was the last man on earth, would there still be a woman who would sleep with him?"

They should have expanded Leonard's fever dream about Purple Zombie Monster into the rest of the episode. Otherwise, I was hoping Howard and Penny would use Leonard's laser on the neighbor.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Leonard not following proper sneeze-protocol after all these years of living with Sheldon took me right out of the episode.

Yes, it was gross watching him sneeze while they were all eating their dinner. He should've ran to his room when he felt a sneeze coming on, and as others have said, he knows the protocol, having lived with Sheldon for so long!  Plus, it's just the polite thing to do if you have time to excuse yourself.  And for that matter, he shouldn't have even had them all over for dinner if he wasn't feeling well.   "It's just allergies."  Yeah, right.  Do you know how many times I've heard that from my dental patients while they're sneezing and coughing all over the place?  

I'm glad that Sheldon didn't rat out Howard and Bernadette.  That's a step in the right direction for Sheldon!  I loved the hand sanitizer scene:  "Can I top you off?"  I feel like bathing in the stuff when I've been around someone who is obviously sick.  

Shapeshifter, that's a hilarious idea for the 'clap-on, clap-off' feature for the spotlight!  It would've been funny to see Howard and Sheldon come up with some sort of revenge on the neighbor.  Odds are that even though the guy had to remove the deck,  the spotlights will probably remain if they were attached to the house.  I think it's funny anytime Sheldon gets excited about filling out forms and helping in that way.  If you need a room organized, a form filled out, or a contract drawn up, Sheldon's your man!

• Love 7

When Howard and Bernadette first arrived at the Zone zone, I thought to myself "this is a job for Sheldon." It turns out there is one good thing to be gained by being Sheldon's friend; he'll fight city hall for you! Shame the writers couldn't figure out a way to make it funny but at least it was in character and Sheldon stood by his friends at the end.

• Love 6

Building permit discussions! Hilarious!

I realize you're being facetious but actually I found it perfectly in character for Sheldon to be excited about that type of red tape and minutia. I liked the running gag with "Linda" off camera yelling at the Zone guy and then Sheldon knowing her by name (and that she was having hot flashes). Also Sheldon's need to have everything officially permitted is in line with his other OCD tendencies. 

• Love 15

It was not a terrible episode, but I really didn't laugh for the whole 22 minutes. The show I used to love would have definitely had Howard do something to the light like the clap-on/clap off or something devious for revenge.

Seriously. Who would have thought Stuart and a girlfriend would be the best part of an episode? Maybe that was the objective, so they made the rest flat? 

They are the only characters that haven't been beaten to death over the years, so of course they were funny. And, wow, have they made Stuart LOOK old-thinning grey hair etc...

Based on the promos they are going to sexy Penny up again so I was kinda surprised that we didn't get Bernadette in a swimsuit this week.

4 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

I was hoping Howard and Penny would use Leonard's laser on the neighbor.

♬ Just a little zap'll do ya. ♪ ♫
Wait. You mean on the neighbor's light or maybe his porch, not on the neighbor, right?

3 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Shapeshifter, that's a hilarious idea for the 'clap-on, clap-off' feature for the spotlight!  It would've been funny to see Howard and Sheldon come up with some sort of revenge on the neighbor.  Odds are that even though the guy had to remove the deck,  the spotlights will probably remain if they were attached to the house.

Ooo, right, @ChitChat! It could still happen! If not in-show, at least in our imaginations and fanfiction.

24 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:
9 hours ago, bybrandy said:

just don't believe any one of those people would have picked using a diamond cutter over using Leonard's new laser. 

There's a risk that the laser would destroy what they were trying to get to.

All mentions of the meteor cutting were my taken-out-of-the-scene moments. There should have been a sterile environment, at the very least--to avoid contaminating the meteor, not so much the other way around, although I did enjoy Stuart and Denise's concerns, and even think there was a bit of validity to them. But also, the effect of either the laser or the diamond cutter could alter the meteor beyond expectations (if there were any expectations).

11 minutes ago, AriAu said:

They are the only characters that haven't been beaten to death over the years, so of course they were funny. And, wow, have they made Stuart LOOK old-thinning grey hair etc...

I thought Stuart's hair looked fuller in this episode.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Kleav said:

He's also the principal in Modern Family.

14 hours ago, jmonique said:

Andy Daly - he also recently guest starred as "Dave," Eleanor's mother's boyfriend on The Good Place.

I've never seen either of those shows, so he's just CarMax Zone zone guy to me now. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, jmonique said:

He works a lot.  He was the star of Review which was incredible.  I think he wrote and produced it too.

• Love 1

I fell asleep on this one too.

The last thing I remember clearly is Leonard and his Laser. And the guys not wanting to have him on the team. Then I fell asleep and woke up halfway through Young Sheldon...which I also vaguely remember.

10 more episodes? Damn...(and not in a good way either)...

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I was distracted by the "Zone Zone" guy -- he is very recognizable!  

He always plays a kooky character.  He was also on The Closer playing a crazy guy who thought he was part of the squad and was actually allowed to help them solve the crime of the week.

• Love 2

If there's one thing I can't stand it's hypocrisy.  If you're not willing to follow the rules, you have no right to complain when others don't.  

I liked Leonard's dream. At first I was really annoyed with him commandeering the meteorite, but then when I found out it was a dream I was happy.  

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Working in retail, I see people all day long coughing and sneezing without covering their mouths. Don't get me started on how often people leave a public restroom without washing their hands.

When I worked in a bookstore I had a woman come in to pick up something she had put on hold. The person who answered her call hadn't gotten it up to the cashwrap yet and while we were waiting for them to bring it up she was coughing all over my counter. Then she off-handedly mentioned that the book was something her daughter needed for school, and she was waiting in the car because she had mono. 😷 I broke out the Lysol as soon as she left.

10 hours ago, ChitChat said:

If you need a room organized, a form filled out, or a contract drawn up, Sheldon's your man!

I'd put up with Sheldon for a few days if he'd come organize my house.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I'd put up with Sheldon for a few days if he'd come organize my house.

Ha!  Reminds me of that early episode where Sheldon cleans Penny's apartment when she's sleeping.  I understand why she was creeped out, but I remember wishing someone would clean my house while I'm sleeping.

• Love 10

Meh, I don’t know a single person who submits a permit for a harmless deck. Most of my neighbors built new decks and I really doubt they got permits for it. 

But who the hell builds a second floor balcony that overlooks the neighbors’ backyard and installs a giant motion triggered spotlight to shine on them? That’s weird. And creepy. 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Babalooie said:
22 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I was distracted by the "Zone Zone" guy -- he is very recognizable!  

He always plays a kooky character.  He was also on The Closer playing a crazy guy who thought he was part of the squad and was actually allowed to help them solve the crime of the week.

Oh! That guy! Alias Dick Tracy--which was a much better role for him, IMO.

10 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

But who the hell builds a second floor balcony that overlooks the neighbors’ backyard and installs a giant motion triggered spotlight to shine on them? That’s weird. And creepy. 

Not to mention obnoxious

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

Meh, I don’t know a single person who submits a permit for a harmless deck. Most of my neighbors built new decks and I really doubt they got permits for it. 

My dad got permits when he built their deck (I know because I got sent to the municipal building to pick it up). But the fire chief lived down the street at the time so I think he didn't want to risk it. ;)

Is there a zoning law about lights shining into your neighbors' property?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, rmontro said:

Ha!  Reminds me of that early episode where Sheldon cleans Penny's apartment when she's sleeping.  I understand why she was creeped out, but I remember wishing someone would clean my house while I'm sleeping.

Creeped out yes, but she admitted how great the place looked!

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Yeah No said:

With only 10 episodes left, I would have expected better than this episode.  And they had to remind us of it, too.  That hurt.

It made me incredibly sad to be given a number.  I am NOT READY to say goodbye, declining quality or no.

18 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I was at the bookstore once and had to cough so I turned away and coughed into my elbow and the clerk actually thanked me and said that most people cough in her face.  Do only animals walk on this earth?

If Stuart and Denise were the last two people on earth, how could they repopulate it?  Wouldn’t humanity die out with their children?

• Love 11
3 hours ago, rmontro said:

I forgot about that one. It reminded me of when he organized Penny’s closet and found the battery operated chew toy. 

Edited by Guest
18 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I was at the bookstore once and had to cough so I turned away and coughed into my elbow

@mojoween, feel free to have tea with me anytime.

18 minutes ago, mojoween said:

If Stuart and Denise were the last two people on earth, how could they repopulate it?  Wouldn’t humanity die out with their children?

Well, I imagine they'd want to give it a good try, heh. 
And maybe one of their offspring would be clever enough to do some CRISPR gene editing in time to have some technically unrelated kids.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Babalooie said:

He also appears on Silicon Valley from time to time as Richard’s doctor.