Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Pedal to the Metal

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

In terms of repeat technique, in my mind shear panels > fringe.......

Yeah, you won't get much argument from me there. I rolled my eyes so hard when he mentioned 'And the skirt will be fringe!!' that they stuck a while. Luckily the forum was down so I didn't have to dictate my comments to someone to translate.... I got better.

I should check out the designs again. Most all teevee leaves my head soon after entering if I don't comment on it.

• Love 3

Having a really difficult time caring this season, between the time delay and the relatively few designers I feel drawn to. I didn't mind the judging this episode, it's more intresting when they disagree. I did like Irina, Sean, and Cynthia's dresses, and am frankly relieved that Anya went home. 

• Love 2
On 2/6/2019 at 10:30 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Seriously!  WHO IS HE?????????   LOL

C'mon! He's a big designer. I believe I've seen his stuff on QVC. 😃

On 2/6/2019 at 11:20 PM, Dewey Decimate said:

I normally find WW just too much extra, but her sniping at blowhard IM was giving me LIFE! "Japon-aise? It's Japanese!!" God, he's such an asshole.

I must have the blandest, most mediocre taste, because my favorites last week were the Jaguar and Antelope, and my favorite this week was the folded pink one first or second out. I can't recall which of the female international designers it was, but I'm really enjoying the middle-of-the-road work.

I liked that pink and gold one, too. I don't feel that the international designers are getting enough respect from the judges.

• Love 6

I hated Sean's dress. There was something about the shape and length that looked like a pair of curtains framing the model's crotch. I couldn't believe when he won. Overall I thought Wendy had the most reasonable commentary on the dresses. 

I think sometimes the designers lose the fact that there's a woman at the center of the garment. That's why Django's looked ok when the model stood still but didn't look good when she walked. When she was just functioning as a clothes hanger, the garment could be in the one shape it looked ok in. When there was movement, it distorted and looked bad because it didn't have any curve to it.

I thought Irina's should have won. I thought the shape was flattering and the reversible sequins were a fun touch. Plus it looked like it would photograph beautifully on a red carpet. Added bonus: when the award show enters its fourth hour and you are bored out of your mind, amuse yourself by finger painting designs in the sequins!

Michelle's was not great, but I could see where she was going. I think if a better designer had taken a shot at that, it might have worked, but the fabrics draped too differently and with the weight of a full-length dress, it made it look wonky. 

It says nice things about Anya that the other designers were willing to help her out, but I think she was gone from the moment she admitted how much help she got. And rightfully so. The dress was basic and she couldn't even do it herself.

• Love 3
On February 7, 2019 at 12:10 AM, GaT said:

That's exactly what I was wondering, I have never heard of either one of them in any way related to fashion. Just because they're famous doesn't mean they know enough to judge a fashion competition.

Anya deserved to go just for not being able to sew her outfit.

I thought Irina should have won.

Love PR!    Just found this season.  And yeah, about Anya.  I like her, but her inability to sew???  No.

Not a fan of Alyssa Milano as host either,

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 1