Type keyword(s) to search

Mexican Dynasties - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Episode 5:

"Grudges and Gefilte Fish"

Jenny and Elan move into their own place; Oscar puts himself on the market in his search for love; Raquel and Doris cook up a plan to introduce the Madrazos and Allendes to their Jewish culture; Jenny and Elan dread seeing Fernando and Mari.

Airs March 26, 2019.

I call bullshit on Adan deciding not to go on the voice.   I've heard that some of these reality shows have very strict contracts as to what a contestant can and can't do.  If Adan decided to the The Voice, he probably wouldn't have been able to be on Mexican Dynasties.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

In a parade of delusional grotesques, it is a sad commentary that young master Adan stands out as the most delusional of them all.

Can't WAIT to watch this episode, eh!  :~)

Right.  It's kind of sad that all Adan wants to be is an "international superstar," he doesn't even care about the music, just as long as he's plays the Superbowl/is an international superstar by the time he's 35. I doubt that, he'll probably end up like Peter Lemongello.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2

It really appeared that Fernando has no idea that lionesses don’t have manes. 

Adan has to be a sketch character. I am sure he “bought” them a computer with his life time earnings of 27k and not his parents money.

I did laugh when Elan said his children were very Americanized and hadn’t experienced a Mexican market because I wonder how long Elan has spent living in Mexico based on a limited google search they spent most of their childhood living in Colorado and than moved to Puerto Rico where his mom is from and probably where he met Jenny since she was Miss PR though born in Connecticut. And then after their kids were born moved to Miami. The only person born in Mexico in the family appears to be Fernando.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It really appeared that Fernando has no idea that lionesses don’t have manes. 

Adan has to be a sketch character. I am sure he “bought” them a computer with his life time earnings of 27k and not his parents money.

I did laugh when Elan said his children were very Americanized and hadn’t experienced a Mexican market because I wonder how long Elan has spent living in Mexico based on a limited google search they spent most of their childhood living in Colorado and than moved to Puerto Rico where his mom is from and probably where he met Jenny since she was Miss PR though born in Connecticut. And then after their kids were born moved to Miami. The only person born in Mexico in the family appears to be Fernando.

That lioness thing was hilarious.  Too bad he wasn't in on the joke.

Elan also said something like the kids were born in Puerto Rico but they were American.  Ummm, yes.  I assume he meant to reference cultural experiences rather than legalities but those Allendes are quite the brain trust.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Ummm, yes.  I assume he meant to reference cultural experiences rather than legalities but those Allendes are quite the brain trust.

Yeah I get that he meant culturally, I just wonder how much time he has actually spent in Mexico. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Yeah I get that he meant culturally, I just wonder how much time he has actually spent in Mexico. 

Totally agree with you - I was actually picking on him for making it sound like people born in Puerto Rico aren't Americans. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Totally agree with you - I was actually picking on him for making it sound like people born in Puerto Rico aren't Americans. 

As you said he probably doesn’t realize it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

After reading about Fernando Allende being quite "the heartthrob" in his younger days, of course I had to go look him up. And yep, I definitely see the appeal. They weren't kidding, he was a hottie. Sad thing is, he'd probably be a really handsome man right now, if he hadn't done the (seemingly many) unfortunate things he's done to his face over the years.

image.png.03a4d0f131aac49d253e305e50f85657.pngimage.png.3e17b26965b38b2b8bdd13398317e3d4.png

Edited by TVForever
grammar glitch!
  • Love 5
On 3/27/2019 at 2:54 PM, TexasGal said:

That lioness thing was hilarious.  Too bad he wasn't in on the joke.

Elan also said something like the kids were born in Puerto Rico but they were American.  Ummm, yes.  I assume he meant to reference cultural experiences rather than legalities but those Allendes are quite the brain trust.

What he said was the children were "Americanized."  

Adan's voice....well it's not awful but it's not good either.  

Elan needs to face facts; his father is an asshole and will never acknowledge him because Adan is the "golden child" and all Fernando can see is his son "abandoning" him.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5

I think Raquel is terrible, she’s phony and she’s not as funny as she thinks she is. 

Doris’s voice annoys me, I notice she speaks the same in English and Spanish. It feels gross everytime she’s with Adan. I always get the sense that she’s got a thing for him, and it’s not because of his musical “talent”. Gross.

Allendes- I don’t think that anything they are putting out their for the show is genuine. It’s very “telenova”. I also don’t believe that Adan was accepted to La Voz. Or, he was but didn’t make it far in the audition process and they came up w that contract excuse.

Oscar and his sister (shoot, forgot her name)- weird at first but they are my favorite family. I love Oscar, he is so sweet and his kids seem really smart and grounded. The abuela is a gem.

• Love 2

Episode 6:

"Love is in the Air"

Adan and Elan attend a Lucha Libre match. Oscar and Paulina take their kids on a hot air balloon ride, during which Oscar summons the courage to tell them he's been seeing someone; Raquel and Doris are interviewed by Mexico's premiere magazine.

Airs April 2, 2019.

Oscar is really concerned about vaping! It’s the second or third time he has brought it up in connection with the kids.

They treat Adan so differently than Elan that if he didn’t look exactly like his dad I assumed there was a question of parentage that led to resentment!

• Love 3

Adan is not going to happen.  He will continue to listen to mom and dad to the exclusion of anything and anyone else.  He's 27 years old.  He's on the outer edge of viability for the market he's trying to break into and he has nothing unique to offer.  The publicist lady is telling him this, but he's not going to walk out on his parents who are still fully supporting him financially.  Adan will break with the publicist.

I love Oscar's kids.  Really think they're a hoot.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, b2H said:

Adan is not going to happen.  He will continue to listen to mom and dad to the exclusion of anything and anyone else.  He's 27 years old.  He's on the outer edge of viability for the market he's trying to break into and he has nothing unique to offer.  The publicist lady is telling him this, but he's not going to walk out on his parents who are still fully supporting him financially.  Adan will break with the publicist.

Agree on all parts.  It's seriously painful watching everyone lie to this guy and kiss up to him, his voice is dreadful - maybe, MAYBE if he really worked at it, got a serious vocal coach (who would be honest with him), he could improve and possibly have some kind of career.  But that's a big maybe.

I'd be much happier if they just focused on Oscar and his kids.

• Love 6
On 4/3/2019 at 10:20 AM, b2H said:

I feel like a fool lol. I was reading your post and I was like what? what? I thought I had clicked on the thread for "The case against Adnan Syed". Sorry I had to share  you can't  imagine my shock , when I think I'm reading about a guy in prison and I'm seeing PR person lol. My dog is the only here with and dosen't care. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I feel like a fool lol. I was reading your post and I was like what? what? I thought I had clicked on the thread for "The case against Adnan Syed". Sorry I had to share  you can't  imagine my shock , when I think I'm reading about a guy in prison and I'm seeing PR person lol. My dog is the only here with and dosen't care. 

It is confusing! I was texting a friend about this show and the HBO doc about Adnan and we were both getting a little confused!

• LOL 1
On 4/3/2019 at 10:20 AM, b2H said:

I love Oscar's kids too.

Adan = Peter Lemongello.  At least Peter Lemongello did something that, at the time, was new.

• LOL 1

I wish there was more activity on this thread!

As I noted before, Doris is creepy with Adan. But. Adan creeps me out in his interactions with Doris too.

Hilarious that he brought a speaker to the cafe to play his horribly generic song. I like Elan’s music much better; too bad the dad’s reaction was muted compared to the love fest at Adan’s listening session.

As always, Madrazos for the win. I could watch a show with just them.

• Love 3

Episode 7:

"Tres is a Crowd"

Raquel considers getting back into the dating world; Oscar decides to bring Tarek to Doris' event, but he flips-flops after realizing that he'll be introducing him to friends, his mother and Paulina; Doris and Mari play tug of war with Adan's career.

Airs April 9, 2019.

26 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Raquel’s old friend is a total silver (where not bald) fox! 

Oh lord I forgot what thread I was reading and thought “there was an old person on Vanderpump Rules?!!!?”

• LOL 2

On second appearance, I may have changed my mind about Raquel’s maybe/maybe not boyfriend.

Fernando at the show with that paint on his face and straw crown wreath - OMG.  Greatness.

Is Adan really this clueless about his ability?  Or is he just being a reality tv personality?  I pray it’s the latter. 

• Love 2

I mean what performer doesn’t have to be told not to suddenly go off pitch. 

If my 10 year old niece painted that “lion” I would love it! 

The artist looked like Tommy Wiseau and I actually liked one or two of his pieces.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

If my 10 year old niece painted that “lion” I would love it! 

This made me remember the housekeeper's glorious shade - I like the painting of a flower with legs.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

This made me remember the housekeeper's glorious shade - I like the painting of a flower with legs.  

At the event for emerging artists, Fernando’s contemplating, I’m thinking deeply look, made me laugh - he thinks he’s a good painter.

Adán thinks he’s a good singer. Mari thinks she’s a good manager and mom - their delusions are highly entertaining.

I live for their help’s talking heads - they are awesome.

Of course, Fernando had to take the spotlight.

My cat did not enjoy Adan’s high notes.

This show is so much fun and million times better than any of the real housewives shows as they are today.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

This stuff is all gold! Chio (Fernando & Mari’s housekeeper) is one of my faves. Bless her, having to wake up Adan. I’m warming to Paulina; at first she was just too frenetic, but I think she is really fun and loving. Her older beau helps ground her. Tarek better not break Oscar’s heart! 

• Love 8
On 3/13/2019 at 11:39 AM, biakbiak said:

I have no problem with him living with his parents except that it seems to be much more about the lifestyle it affords him than anything else and he apparently bitches to his brother and sister-in-law about it. Also, from what he says he doesn’t have a lot of friends and mostly hangs out and does everything with his parents which is not normal. He is also a sullen, spoiled brat.

This show has grown on me so much that I now listen to podcasts where they are being interviewed.  Just listened to one with Elan and Jenny, who is quite the chatterbox.  She dropped this little gem (intentionally or unintentionally) that Adan was divorced.  He got married but Fernando and Mari made him get divorced because it would “no one wants a pop star to be married” and would get in the way of his success.  Jenny is still friends with the ex.  It may or may not come out in the show.   Elan said his parents are way over the top as are most of the people on the show.  Oskar basically said the same thing. What you see is what you get.

• Love 3
On 4/9/2019 at 10:59 PM, TexasGal said:

On second appearance, I may have changed my mind about Raquel’s maybe/maybe not boyfriend.

Fernando at the show with that paint on his face and straw crown wreath - OMG.  Greatness.

Is Adan really this clueless about his ability?  Or is he just being a reality tv personality?  I pray it’s the latter. 

Fernando with his painted face and straw hat made me spit water, I laughed so hard.  The look he was giving as he studied the paintings hahaha.

This show is so entertaining. 

I love the helps giggles about these lunatics.

Oscar and his children are my favorites. I love Fernando for different reasons lol.

• Love 4

Episode 8:

"Paz for Concern"

Doris investigates Sam's background; Jenny decides to set her friend up with Adan; Mari reels from her talk with Doris, and daggers are thrown when the two reunite at Oscar and Paulina's Que Madrazo anniversary party.

Airs April 16, 2019.

On 4/13/2019 at 4:26 AM, Koalagirl said:

This show has grown on me so much that I now listen to podcasts where they are being interviewed.  Just listened to one with Elan and Jenny, who is quite the chatterbox.  She dropped this little gem (intentionally or unintentionally) that Adan was divorced.  He got married but Fernando and Mari made him get divorced because it would “no one wants a pop star to be married” and would get in the way of his success.  Jenny is still friends with the ex.  It may or may not come out in the show.   Elan said his parents are way over the top as are most of the people on the show.  Oskar basically said the same thing. What you see is what you get.

Thanks for mentioning the podcasts.  I listened to interviews (the ones I found were on Reality Life with Kate Casey)  with Oscar and with Jenny/Elan and they were great.  Really enjoying this show.  I still think it's weird how they all speak in English all the time and most of them seem to be only part time in Mexico.

• Love 1

Is Adnan not fluent in Spanish or is his game just that weak? He clearly understands it well but when speaking to the Peruvian girl he seemed to communicate at like a third year high school level. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, TrixieBelden said:

Thanks for mentioning the podcasts.  I listened to interviews (the ones I found were on Reality Life with Kate Casey)  with Oscar and with Jenny/Elan and they were great.  Really enjoying this show.  I still think it's weird how they all speak in English all the time and most of them seem to be only part time in Mexico.

Those are the podcasts I was referring to.  I don't care for Kate Casey's style but she does have some very interesting guests on her show.

10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Is Adnan not fluent in Spanish or is his game just that weak? He clearly understands it well but when speaking to the Peruvian girl he seemed to communicate at like a third year high school level. 

I think his game is that bad. His spanish seem pretty good.

I have read several posts asking if Adan and Fernando are in on the joke? I have wondered the same thing. I'm not sure about Fernando lol. Adan seemed to be smirking and laughing when asking for his lucky shirt. The camera would cut back to the housekeeper (sorry I can't remember her name). It seemed he new how silly he sounded. I think he is playing the role. This show makes me laugh.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, SunshineOnMe said:

I was shocked that Adan had been married before!

Me too and that whole relationship between his mom, his career, and his love life is creepy as .....

well, really creepy.

But highly entertaining to watch (because I’m not a good person 😜)

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Episode 9:

"The Runaway"

Mari reveals what Doris said at the Que Madrazo party, but Adan refuses to be put in a corner. He seeks solace and an airbed at Jenny and Elan’s – and the company of their houseguest, Maria Paz. Doris helps her mother launch a line of skin care creams, but Raquel still won’t tell her what the secret ingredients are. Jenny’s ecstatic that her matchmaking skills seemed to have worked with Adan and Maria Paz. Meanwhile, Mari is not as ecstatic, believing outside forces are to blame for Adan breaking the family chains.

Airs April 23, 2019.