Type keyword(s) to search

Mexican Dynasties - General Discussion

• Start Topic

OMG, I am watching the episode where Adan is meeting with his parents and essentially threatening to fire them. I feel quite sure Adan is playing a part for a reality show, but he is absolutely hilarious (or stupid).  

• Love 4

Really?!? Prior to this, I thought Adan was spoiled, entitled, and a bit delusional, but Mari and Fernando were awful tonight. They were histrionic, manipulative, and highly codependent. I had big old lightbulb go off because their tripod finally made sense. I mean not "sense" because they are crazy as fuck, but their family dynamic was now super clear.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Fernando must be really upset to turn down an opportunity to showboat and try to be the center attention at someone’s else’s event and in front of cameras! 

I would worry if I were Jenny’s friend because Mari is so jealous of anyone in Adan’s orbit! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

My favorite part was when Adan said to his father "OK, then leave" and daddy dearest told him "No, YOU leave.  This is my house".  Special snowflake was gobsmacked.

Then the spoiled little shit got his panties in a twist because his father's employee wasn't at his back and call.  These parents have created a monster.

• Love 6

That was absolutely hilarious.

I truly think Adan is a comedian and is playing a role here, but his parents are absolutely not.  I'm so thoroughly amused at watching their interactions -- the derisive laughter, the shock.  Her comments on his stupidity not playing at the concert.  

8 hours ago, red12 said:

So, unless Raquel is 120 years old, I don't see what the hype is about. Her makeup needs to be returned to the mortuary as well. It is not helpful. 

She could def go easier on it, but I do think she's a gorgeous woman.  However, I suspect this great beauty secret she has is the result of multiple plastic surgeons, fillers, and botox.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I truly think Adan is a comedian and is playing a role here, but his parents are absolutely not.  I'm so thoroughly amused at watching their interactions -- the derisive laughter, the shock.  Her comments on his stupidity not playing at the concert.  

She could def go easier on it, but I do think she's a gorgeous woman.  However, I suspect this great beauty secret she has is the result of multiple plastic surgeons, fillers, and botox.

I understand that Raquel is viewed as attractive but, that has nothing to do with looking young. It is so strange to me when people conflate lack of visible wrinkles with looking young. None of the Kardashian-Jenners have wrinkles but, no one is shocked to learn their ages. For most women, what actually ages us is our style and carriage (and possibly their necks and hands), not just wrinkles. Women like Raquel and the housewives may have changed some of the visible markers of age but, few would actually believe Raquel, Ramona Singer or Vicki Gundelson if they tried to pass for 50.

Edited by red12
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Raquel has admitted in interview that she has "gone under the knife", but not obsessively.

2 hours ago, red12 said:

I understand that Raquel is viewed as attractive but, that has nothing to do with looking young. It is so strange to me when people conflate lack of visible wrinkles with looking young. None of the Kardashian-Jenners have wrinkles but, no one is shocked to learn their ages. For most women, what actually ages us is our style and carriage (and possibly their necks and hands), not just wrinkles. Women like Raquel and the housewives may have changed some of the visible markers of age but, few would actually Raquel, Ramona Singer or Vicki Gundelson are 50.

I think the reason people conflate lack of wrinkles with looking young is because typically the goal of not having wrinkles through skin care, fillers, botox, is to look more youthful and fight the effects of aging.

However, I do think lack of wrinkles through artificial means often ages the women -- particularly the younger women that plump their face up so much they look like a Real Housewives that overdid their face.

I just find it amusing when the lineless women of a certain age are asked about their skincare regimen as if not having visible wrinkles is the result of some skin care regimen and not their Dr.'s office visits.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 2

I have seen so many melting faces on housewives shows but Mari's takes the cake. She looks horrible - so tight and wrinkle free. 

Love love love all the dogs everywhere. Last week there was shot that had about 15 dogs in it.

Really hope this gets renewed. So far I haven't even seen anyone on WWH...

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Did Adan really say no one puts him in a corner?  No one puts baby Adan in a corner?!?!

Yes! It’s why at times I think he is doing a character but other times he seems so cluelessly real and I don’t know why anyone would want to present themselves that way.

I did like the peanut gallery yelling at Adan to kiss the girl they all seemed to be both genuinely enjoying themselves but also happy for Adan. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ava111 said:

I have seen so many melting faces on housewives shows but Mari's takes the cake. She looks horrible - so tight and wrinkle free. 

She reminds me of the crypt keeper.  Her hairstyle ages her more also.  I like Oscar and Pauline's mother. She looks dignified, but she is hilarious, like her children.

Did anyone notice that Elan had to speak Spanish, for Adan to the security guy?  I guess he is more fluent in Spanish. I bet they have lived in the US more than Mexico.  

Oh, and it broke Fernando's heart he couldn't go to the party and be the center of attention.

Edited by howiveaddict
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

bet they have lived in the US more than Mexico.  

They definitely have I think Adan was even born in Colorado and then after the continental US they lived in Puerto Rico for awhile. 

Whenever Adan speaks Spanish it’s more Spanglish. It was super apparent when he met the friend at the party because she isn’t as comfortable in English as everyone else and nearly everyone of his sentences had English in it. He clearly understands more than he speaks though. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Yes! It’s why at times I think he is doing a character but other times he seems so cluelessly real and I don’t know why anyone would want to present themselves that way.

I did like the peanut gallery yelling at Adan to kiss the girl they all seemed to be both genuinely enjoying themselves but also happy for Adan. 

No question to me he's playing a character.  I would be willing to be that IRL he's a hilarious guy who is much smarter than the role he's playing.  He's practically winking to the camera.

1 hour ago, howiveaddict said:

Oh, and it broke Fernando's heart he couldn't go to the party and be the center of attention.

Yep.  When he said, "we're not going (even though we have time)!" you knew he wanted Mari to say she would reluctantly attend.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, ava111 said:

Love love love all the dogs everywhere. Last week there was shot that had about 15 dogs in it.

Really hope this gets renewed. So far I haven't even seen anyone on WWH...

I loved it when Raquel i was talking about Mari's lipstick.  And when she guffawed when Doris said she was a beautiful woman.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 2

Episode 10:

"Blood is Thicker Than Tequila"

Raquel invites Doris to sit for a portrait; Oscar is ready to take the next step with Tarek and introduces him to his children; Jenny and Elan worry when Adan leaves their house in the middle of the night after a mysterious phone call.

Airs April 30, 2019.

(edited)
On 4/24/2019 at 1:30 PM, ninjago said:

Isn’t the key to Raquel’s “agelessness”...whatever products/procedures she’s using now?  You want to know her secret, look in her bathroom cabinet!

I think you’d find the business card for some hack surgeon. She has one taut lizard face. 

Does anyone else think Adan looks like Jerry Seinfeld? 

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 4
On 4/28/2019 at 12:09 AM, MollyWebber said:

I think Elan and Adan were raised in Aspen.

They're all definitely playing it up but I'm loving this crazy show. Maybe it's because being first-generation Mexican I can relate to the younger castmembers a LOT. I'm also loving their mixed utilization of Spanish and English! I definitely relate to the Spanglish. I can read and understand Spanish perfectly, and even think in Spanish at times, but I cannot speak it as fluently. It doesn't feel as natural to me because growing up I only spoke English in school as well as with my friends and siblings/cousins. I only spoke Spanish at home with my mother and grandmother or at parties with my Spanish-speaking relatives. Yet many times when I'm speaking in English, a Spanish word will pop in here and there because I really don't know the English term because I'm so used to saying the Spanish term. My cousins and I make fun of each other all the time because one of us will always bust out with some wacky Spanglish sentence or accent without even realizing it in the middle of a conversation that will make us all start howling.

This is hilarious! Same with me.  I love Spanglish.  Mexican slang is my favorite. I find it so funny. 

I cannot wait until the Mexican Housewives show next week. They are already schooling us on the commercials how to talk like them. 

All these people live in USA.  I have a strong feeling they were in Mexico filming the show.  While I think they do have homes in Mex......they have raised and educated their children stateside. 

When Elan speaks Spanish it is with a Puerto Rican accent.  Jenny is the only one that struggles with fluent English because she grew up in PR.

If you stay in Puerto Rico past puberty.....you never get rid of the accent. 

Maybe I missed it.....but, did any of these people work?

Only the bro and sister had the Tv show.

But, then they said they got the show 2 years ago.  They were on You Tube before.

As corny as it was.....Adan kinda made the show.  Without his tripod antics....what else was there?  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, kokapetl said:

I think you’d find the business card for some hack surgeon. She has one taut lizard face. 

Does anyone else think Adan looks like Jerry Seinfeld? 

I think it was Adan's mini mullet giving off the 90's vibes.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Jextella said:

Anyone know if this show is getting picked up again?

I really hope so I enjoyed every minute of this show.

I have gotten through 1 1/2 episodes of Texicanas and it’s jut stilling on my DVR. I lived in San Antonio for 6 years (back in the eighties) and love the city so that makes me sad.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Stats Queen said:

I have gotten through 1 1/2 episodes of Texicanas and it’s jut stilling on my DVR. I lived in San Antonio for 6 years (back in the eighties) and love the city so that makes me sad.

It doesn’t get better!

• Sad 1
  • Love 2
On 7/20/2021 at 5:55 AM, Never Again said:

Damn.  I liked them, I liked the show.  Sorry it never came back and sorry to hear the sad news

I agree. They were the only ones who appeared normal, and I enjoyed their realistic assessment of the people involved in their lives. Adan won't have much of a future without a backbone or the ability to accept criticism. 

• Love 1