Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E13: Camels, Cabo & Catfights

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I want that pink and purple coverup she had on!  I need that for this summer.  

She’s soooooo much better without Soggy!

Here you go!

https://www.bigblondehair.com/dolores-catanias-neon-pink-cover-up/

https://www.pitusa.co/collections/new-arrivals?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-c_iBRChARIsAGCOpB1cJNycbqwFFfvTlZsQuiKlYDQ1tfzUO0YQo5J9e4-YOClIfWV5H8AaAk5bEALw_wcB

I've been stalking the Ho Wife clothing sites as I deeply covet the dress Melissa was wearing at the dinner of Broken Glass and Relationships. 

It would be perfect in Cuba.  Also, I will be looking for any entry to say, "You picked the wrong girl to mess with" in said dress.

Edited by dosodog
2nd Web link
  • Love 3
On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 6:30 PM, dosodog said:

I want to be Delores friend.  She is my favorite Jersey housewife.

And while Marge went way below the belt, I appreciate her very real apology.

That's the difference between a mature, kind person and a fucking monster like Jennifer and Teresa.  Everyone gets upset.  Everyone says things that hit below the belt out of blind hurt.  But not everyone can immediately take in what people are telling them, reflect and then admit they were wrong and give an authentic apology. Assholes like Jennifer, Teresa and Danielle think that behavior they'd call out as being inappropriate and wrong coming from someone else is perfectly acceptable if it's directed at someone they don't care for.  

What happened to Teresa's "old school" values of not bringing up people's families?  It's okay so long as one of her allies does it?

• Like 1
  • Love 20
14 hours ago, ichbin said:

Let's pretend this is real life and Margaret not only makes the accusation  about Jennifer's husband and backs it up with "word on the street" in front of a wide audience of people.  Despite her backtracking later, there will still be some people who believe in "where there is smoke there is fire" despite that.  I can understand why Jennifer would lose it over that and could be why she was upset about Margaret putting that out in the universe. Margaret was not being clever.  She was not dealing with facts.  She was simply being ugly and mean and manufacturing ammunition.  Regardless of how much of ass Jennifer makes of herself, Margaret's response was waaaaaaaaaay out of line and in no way should tip the scale in her favor.

She also had  a son with her ex-husband with whom said she has a relationship (per an appearance on WWHL).  In the past season she made it sound like she has no relationship with her step-children.  In this episode she said she does with some of them.  Is this more like story line and less like family drama?

12 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Without going into the finer details, because I don’t have the time, the energy, or frankly the correct memory.....

The term ‘bridezilla’ does not adequately explain how entitled, demanding and downright nasty Danielle was with everyone... but especially Marge. Danielle was expecting everyone to treat her like a queen, and was even verbalising her demands! Nothing Marge did was good enough for Danielle and on the wedding day morning was particularly obnoxious toward Marge, who snapped and got very upset and stormed out of the room where they were getting ready. Danielle chased her down, they reached a truce, the wedding occurred with Marge in attendance. There were texts between them both afterwards. Marge doesn’t want anymore contact with Danielle.

Thanks!  I missed the part where Marge gave birth to a child.  I only remember Marge crying about missing out with the step-children after they disowned her for the cheating and divorce.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Thanks!  I missed the part where Marge gave birth to a child.  I only remember Marge crying about missing out with the step-children after they disowned her for the cheating and divorce.

I totally missed that Marge had a bio child with her ex. Always thought it was just the steps. She never mentions her son. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Marge specifically said last season that she had the stepchildren and they were not speaking to her because she cheated on their father and left him for new husband. Sounds like the relationships have improved a little. She does not have any biological children and said it was a big regret of hers. 

Marge definitely has a biological son. She talks about how she finds out how the other step kids are doing through her son:

https://people.com/tv/margaret-josephs-wants-reconciliation-with-estranged-kids/

19 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

I wish I could watch an episode where everybody just ignored Danielle and went calmly on their way.  Turn their heads and change the subject.  Like the way you would respond to a kid throwing an unnecessary tantrum.  

If she bitches to MArge about the wedding, Marge should turn and compliment Tre on her dress. 

If she brings up a situation with Jen and Margaret to get everybody riled up, Jen should ask Jackie what she's ordering for dinner.  Ignore it and it will go away maybe?

Another option is an approach I've used successfully with someone like Danielle: quizzical look followed by "what a thing to say."  Then NOTHING. A mildly interested/puzzled gaze back at them. You've absorbed the "hit" but not given them anything to bat back to you.  Most any response to "what a thing to say" makes them look like a major bitch. 

Would  have worked for Jennifer when Marge made the comment about her husband, would have worked for Marge when Danielle brought up her kids.   

Basically, first rule of "win a fight with an instigator" club is don't offer anything that furthers the confrontation they're determined to have.  The likely response is something like "Yeah I said it" and which you shrug and follow Brindawalsh's advice above. They've been answered and dismissed.

• Love 6
On 1/31/2019 at 12:39 PM, Dance4Life said:

When push came to shove.....you mean when Bravo made Teresa the star on RHNJ, bankrolled her debt and legal fees and then freezed the show until Teresa got out of jail?

Now, Bravo will make Teresa the next Kim Zolciak and keep her on TV for the rest of her life....?

I wonder if Teresa gets a spin-off if she will still appear on NJ...??

Bethenny, Kim Z and Teresa get special treatment from Bravo.  

NYC franchise......everyone has to kiss Bethenny’s behind if they want to stay on the show.  

YES! Spot on! I had read that if Teresa decided to move to Italy with Joe if he is deported that Bravo would do a spin off show for her in Italy!  I have been saying for awhile that Teresa and Bethenny get special treatment from Bravo. Bethenny seems to dictate who is allowed to stay on the show and gets a lot of plugs and product placement for her crappy SkinnyGirl line. Teresa has all her perceived enemies banished from the show including her cousins and old family friends like the Manzos and Jacqueline Laurito. What other children of RHONJ women get their own platform to promote their dance/singing "careers"? Personally, I cannot stand Andy Cohen...his blatant favoritism and subsequent promotion of their personal projects over other cast members is glaringly obvious. I don't watch the Kim Z. show because for the life of me I cannot understand why she has one...she seems pretty boring and talentless. The only thing she does is get multiple cosmetic procedures on a regular basis.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

I wish I could watch an episode where everybody just ignored Danielle and went calmly on their way.

Actually, everyone has tried this at one time or another. Dina tried it season 1 - Danielle went after the custody arrangement with Lexi.

In season 2, everyone tried to ignore Danielle. She brought convicted goons to functions and threw herself in everyone's face, attempting to cause problems and succeeding. 

Danielle does not ALLOW people to ignore her. She takes massive, scary steps to make sure she's seen and heard. I've seen Delores and Marge try to do so this season - Danielle just gets in their faces and gets louder. Marge at the table calmly told Danielle to stop talking about her kids. Everyone did. What did Danielle do? Doubled down, kept saying it, got louder. She got what she asked for, and if she'd been in Atlanta or up against Rinna, she'd have gotten way worse. This is why I thought Danielle was dangerous in season 1 and continue to think she's dangerous today. I actually think Tre is frightened of her for some reason. 

• Love 15

Well the Manzo's did get their own show. If the ratings were there, they'd still be on TV. Though Caroline never wanted to do RH right? Dina had to beg her? I think she eventually liked the attention and she wanted her kids to do well without really working off the show, and Chris and Jaq seemed to need the show but I never got the vibe Caroline herself lived for the bravolebrity of it all. Since none of these people are very good at looking at the real issues Caroline probably really does view "the show" and "Teresa" as the reason the Manzo/Lauritas aren't as close and I don't see how that can happen without the issues pre-existing. She doesn't want to be there. Jaq is unhinged on her own. With the Gorga's they'll all keep  fighting for the paycheck. If Kathy and Richie were worth it Andy would find a way to keep profiting from them. Joe and Melissa were close to them when the story called for it but are doing fine having dropped them, because they will mold for the cameras. Teresa is the cash cow. People love train wrecks it's not that she's special. 

Though I agree with other posters Melissa seems authentic this year and I'm here for it. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 6
On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:08 PM, ghoulina said:

Sidebar - when she called home It sounded as if she had interrupted an exorcism. But she thinks a DRUM is an appropriate toy to bring those hellions? 

I thought EXACTLY the same thing LOL!!!

• Love 4
22 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Well, this was a fascinating episode. I have no idea what reunion couches will look like - there are so many fights and factions, and those who agree on one argument are on diametrically opposing sides in another argument. ::drums fingers diabolically::

My guess? Tre, Jennifer, and Dolores on one side. Jackie, Mel, and Marge on the other. Danielle sits on the Tre couch when she gets called out, but on the opposite end from Dolores. 

16 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Another thing about Teresa -Remembering my Catholic upbringing and I thought you weren't supposed to wear a rosary?

You're not. I remember vividly. Third grade. End of the school year. No AC in our old school building and we got an early heat wave here in the midwest. I took my rosary out of the pouch where it was kept inside my desk and wrapped my hair up in it. I had no scrunchie and needed it off my neck. My teacher came for me like a German war tank. I was mortified in front of the entire class and then sent up 4 sets of stairs to the priest to give confession immediately. 

You definitely don't wear one hanging in the cleavage of a bikini with your skin-tight, white jeans on. 

8 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I'd go so far as to say that Dolores is the most naturally beautiful cast member of all the RHW shows.  I really wish she'd go back to her dark hair from earlier seasons.  And no more fillers!  I really don't think she needs them.

I saw on Instagram that she's gone even blonder. SO disappointing, as I really don't think blonde serves her well at all. 

• Love 5

@dosodog thanks for the links!

I did kind of laugh, they show Mel’s pj’s in that link, as well.  Hers appear to come from Bloomies, but I got a very similar pair for Christmas from my kiddo that came from Target.  Close enough that I took pause during the episode thinking OMG Mel shops at Target like I do! 🤣❤️

Edited by geauxaway
Shops not ships, although I do ship target
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, kicksave said:

YES! Spot on! I had read that if Teresa decided to move to Italy with Joe if he is deported that Bravo would do a spin off show for her in Italy!  I have been saying for awhile that Teresa and Bethenny get special treatment from Bravo. Bethenny seems to dictate who is allowed to stay on the show and gets a lot of plugs and product placement for her crappy SkinnyGirl line. Teresa has all her perceived enemies banished from the show including her cousins and old family friends like the Manzos and Jacqueline Laurito. What other children of RHONJ women get their own platform to promote their dance/singing "careers"? Personally, I cannot stand Andy Cohen...his blatant favoritism and subsequent promotion of their personal projects over other cast members is glaringly obvious. I don't watch the Kim Z. show because for the life of me I cannot understand why she has one...she seems pretty boring and talentless. The only thing she does is get multiple cosmetic procedures on a regular basis.

I agree about Kathy and Jacqueline. Jaq even said she wasn't invited back because she couldn't get along with Teresa and Melissa. Bravo offered her a role as a friend, but she turned that down. However, Caroline voluntarily left the show. She thought she and her family could carry their own show. But it didn't work. 

3 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

Well the Manzo's did get their own show. If the ratings were there, they'd still be on TV. Though Caroline never wanted to do RH right? Dina had to beg her? I think she eventually liked the attention and she wanted her kids to do well without really working off the show, and Chris and Jaq seemed to need the show but I never got the vibe Caroline herself lived for the bravolebrity of it all. Since none of these people are very good at looking at the real issues Caroline probably really does view "the show" and "Teresa" as the reason the Manzo/Lauritas aren't as close and I don't see how that can happen without the issues pre-existing. She doesn't want to be there. Jaq is unhinged on her own. With the Gorga's they'll all keep  fighting for the paycheck. If Kathy and Richie were worth it Andy would find a way to keep profiting from them. Joe and Melissa were close to them when the story called for it but are doing fine having dropped them, because they will mold for the cameras. Teresa is the cash cow. People love train wrecks it's not that she's special. 

Though I agree with other posters Melissa seems authentic this year and I'm here for it. 

Andy definitely has his "pets," although I never considered Caroline to be one of them, but he still gave her her own show. Viewers just weren't interested. 

Dina had to beg Caroline to do RHONJ? Didn't Caroline appear on that wedding reality show that Dina did before RHONJ? I know Dina was the first one approached about doing RHONJ, and she brought Caroline, Jacqueline, and Teresa on board, but I never thought she had to twist any of their arms to be on the show. I always thought Caroline's main issue with Teresa was that Teresa became the break-out star of the show when Caroline wanted herself and her family to be. Caroline thought very highly of herself and even more highly of her children, particularly her sons--Albie and Chris. She tried to force them down viewers throats every chance she got. Before "Married to Manzo," Albie and Chris even had their own web series on Bravo. So I definitely think Caroline was into the "bravolebrity" of it all. People just weren't as interested in her and the rest of the Manzos as they are in Teresa and her family.

• Love 4

Well most said what I was going to post so I will keep it short.

Totally on the Marge team.  Yeah what she said was below the belt but she did apologize and it was sincere (IMHO).  Most could not have done that.  And she owned that she made comment about Jen's husband cheating to hurt Jen.  

I like Melissa this year.  I think she has come around and is being herself.  I felt for her when Teresa was blaming her for the whole "Joe is not coming around dad because of Melissa" crap.

Danielle is only a shit stirrer and trying desperately to stay RHONJ.  I hope that this is her last season.

Jen is totally out of her league with these women.  

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

Andy definitely has his "pets," although I never considered Caroline to be one of them, but he still gave her her own show. Viewers just weren't interested. 

Dina had to beg Caroline to do RHONJ? Didn't Caroline appear on that wedding reality show that Dina did before RHONJ? I know Dina was the first one approached about doing RHONJ, and she brought Caroline, Jacqueline, and Teresa on board, but I never thought she had to twist any of their arms to be on the show. I always thought Caroline's main issue with Teresa was that Teresa became the break-out star of the show when Caroline wanted herself and her family to be. Caroline thought very highly of herself and even more highly of her children, particularly her sons--Albie and Chris. She tried to force them down viewers throats every chance she got. Before "Married to Manzo," Albie and Chris even had their own web series on Bravo. So I definitely think Caroline was into the "bravolebrity" of it all. People just weren't as interested in her and the rest of the Manzos as they are in Teresa and her family.

I could be wrong but i thought I heard Dina brought Caroline on last minute because friends ended up dropping out and Caroline originally did not want to be in the cast. 

4 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Actually, everyone has tried this at one time or another. Dina tried it season 1 - Danielle went after the custody arrangement with Lexi.

In season 2, everyone tried to ignore Danielle. She brought convicted goons to functions and threw herself in everyone's face, attempting to cause problems and succeeding. 

Danielle does not ALLOW people to ignore her. She takes massive, scary steps to make sure she's seen and heard. I've seen Delores and Marge try to do so this season - Danielle just gets in their faces and gets louder. Marge at the table calmly told Danielle to stop talking about her kids. Everyone did. What did Danielle do? Doubled down, kept saying it, got louder. She got what she asked for, and if she'd been in Atlanta or up against Rinna, she'd have gotten way worse. This is why I thought Danielle was dangerous in season 1 and continue to think she's dangerous today. I actually think Tre is frightened of her for some reason. 

Another example was the Season 1 finale where the infamous table flip took place when Teresa invited Danielle and her girls and the rest of the women and their families for a dinner party, and Danielle used it as an opportunity to confront the women about the "Cop Without a Badge" book. Part of me got why she did it since Dina and Caroline were supposedly showing the book to people around town, but Danielle could have confronted them privately--not in a group setting. She clearly wanted something to pop off that night...and it did.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

I could be wrong but i thought I heard Dina brought Caroline on last minute because friends ended up dropping out and Caroline originally did not want to be in the cast. 

Hmm...that's interesting. Caroline certainly never acted like someone who was reluctant to be on reality TV. But then again, Dina was the first member cast for the show, and she was the first one to leave. So you never know.

While we're on the subject of the Manzos, does anyone know if Black Water is still in existence?

• Love 1
21 hours ago, ichbin said:

Let's pretend this is real life and Margaret not only makes the accusation  about Jennifer's husband and backs it up with "word on the street" in front of a wide audience of people.  Despite her backtracking later, there will still be some people who believe in "where there is smoke there is fire" despite that.  I can understand why Jennifer would lose it over that and could be why she was upset about Margaret putting that out in the universe. Margaret was not being clever.  She was not dealing with facts.  She was simply being ugly and mean and manufacturing ammunition.  Regardless of how much of ass Jennifer makes of herself, Margaret's response was waaaaaaaaaay out of line and in no way should tip the scale in her favor.

She also had  a son with her ex-husband with whom said she has a relationship (per an appearance on WWHL).  In the past season she made it sound like she has no relationship with her step-children.  In this episode she said she does with some of them.  Is this more like story line and less like family drama?

No one is saying Marge was justified in saying what she did or that it wasn't as bad as anything Jennifer and Danielle said (although, in my opinion and in Tre, Dolores and Jennifer's "old school" ways, children should be off limits so Danielle's comments WERE worse), people aren't coming at Margaret because Margaret immediately gave a heartfelt apology, unlike Tre and Danielle who continue to act like Danielle's comments were totally justified and warranted.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 6
On 1/30/2019 at 9:12 PM, Bronzedog said:

If I was Melissa and riding a camel was pretty much the same as riding Joe, I’d buy a camel.

Guess we have to watch WWHL now if we want to see previews of next week.

Ughhh I never watch WWHL - I hate Andy.  Where can we see previews without having to stomach him?

On 1/31/2019 at 8:20 AM, Dance4Life said:

Jennifer’s husband has probably cheated as most husbands do.  Jennifer had 5 pregnancies plus post-prego recovery and body tune up.   Men tend to cheat more during this time.  Especially if her hormones were out of whack and she was acting super crazy.  

??????

If she had a body tune-up, I don't see it!  

On 1/31/2019 at 10:42 AM, TattleTeeny said:

Thank you--people need to stop doing all of this kind of stuff. Yes, as an animal lover, I understand the strong desire to interact with them, but the bigger picture is more important than our unnecessary entertainment.

Agree!  People who claim to love animals should learn how to respect them.  They are not our play-things.

On 1/31/2019 at 11:21 AM, TV Diva Queen said:

I really really like Dolores. I don’t care if her and frank are whatever they are. It works for them and hurts no one. She’s so real, no make up at the pool, tells it like it is and (from what I can see) loyal AF. 

I did like Dolores, but not loving her this season.  Why is she friends with Jennifer?  Probably because Teresa is... which also confuses me.

On 1/31/2019 at 5:25 PM, twilightzone said:

Huh???  Jenn had no axe to grind at that point - Marge had already apologized to lying about Jenn's husband cheating.  But it was Danielle who started stirring the pot.  She was jealous that Marge and Jenn had made up so quickly.  Even Jenn said they had moved on.

BINGO!

20 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Maybe not a popular opinion but I think Delores is 10 times more attractive than Teresa. She looks gorgeous without make-up and even if she's got a little junk in the trunk, I can definitely believe that men find her sexy.  She should not act so desperate. She can definitely do better than Frank!

I don't think ANYONE thinks Teresa is attractive!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, lezlers said:

because Margaret immediately gave a heartfelt apology

Probably because Margaret is smart enough to realize that what she said could make her subject to a lawsuit for slander. She made a serious accusation which is different than the petty squabbling, name calling and backstabbing these women usually engage in. What I see is Margaret did a very fast backtrack to cover her ass which I doubt had anything do with an actual heartfelt apology. 

• Love 1

The person who put the “word on the street” about Jennifer’s husband being a cheater was Jennifer herself when she told us that she goes to his office unannounced to keep an eye on him. 

I think Marge’s apology was crafted perfectly well but I believe what she said about hearing rumors. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

Probably because Margaret is smart enough to realize that what she said could make her subject to a lawsuit for slander. She made a serious accusation which is different than the petty squabbling, name calling and backstabbing these women usually engage in. What I see is Margaret did a very fast backtrack to cover her ass which I doubt had anything do with an actual heartfelt apology. 

1.  That's not how slander works

2. The women sign contracts at the beginning of every season prohibiting them from suing one another.  If Kandi couldn't sue Pheadra for accusing her of conspiracy to rape, Jennifer sure as hell can't sue Margaret for saying she heart a rumor her husband cheats on her.

3.  It was sincere enough that Jennifer accepted it.  It was only when the two were getting alone sufficiently and Danielle couldn't stand it, that she stoked the flames more.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I don't think ANYONE thinks Teresa is attractive!

Teresa does. lol   Hey, she's got an awesome body for any age but that face. Looks worse every year!  She has aged terribly if you compare her looks flippin' that table versus today.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, lezlers said:

2. The women sign contracts at the beginning of every season prohibiting them from suing one another.  If Kandi couldn't sue Pheadra for accusing her of conspiracy to rape, Jennifer sure as hell can't sue Margaret for saying she heart a rumor her husband cheats on her.

Guess that would depend on the specific contract signed by Jennifer's husband considering he is the one who could potentially consider himself defamed.  Pretty sure I remember Margaret initially making a definitive statement about his activities and only afterwards saying something about "word on the street".

On 1/31/2019 at 10:29 PM, geauxaway said:

Yeah, why did Danielle say her kids are always with her like that’s a normal thing?  Aren’t her girls both in college now?  She is so dependent on them and always has been.  I don’t know how they put up with her, to be honest.  If I was Marge in that argument and Danielle throws that out ther (my kids are always with me), I would have responded yah and that’s fucking weird!  If Danielle thinks that makes her a good mom....I’ve got nothing.

I think her kids are terrified of her...they seem like kids that have been in an abusive home. Not physically but emotionally. I find it hard to believe that she can be so looney tunes with her peers and go home and be completely different with her kids. They are probably afraid to say or do anything that would  make Mommy Dearest go crazy.  The oldest girl, though quite stunning, looks like she has an eating disorder. Danielle’s very short marriage to Marty could have been predicted given her crazy behavior in the Bahamas...yikes! 

• Love 11
59 minutes ago, kicksave said:

I think her kids are terrified of her...they seem like kids that have been in an abusive home. Not physically but emotionally. I find it hard to believe that she can be so looney tunes with her peers and go home and be completely different with her kids. They are probably afraid to say or do anything that would  make Mommy Dearest go crazy.  The oldest girl, though quite stunning, looks like she has an eating disorder. Danielle’s very short marriage to Marty could have been predicted given her crazy behavior in the Bahamas...yikes! 

I don't see any evidence that Danielle's daughters are afraid of her. Yes, there are people who can be unstable and even violent but still be good parents. I've heard children of mobsters and serial killers say that their dads were loving and nurturing.  I do think Danielle's daughters see a different side of her that her friends, co-workers, and her numerous boyfriends and husbands don't. 

The fact that Danielle's daughters held a grudge against Teresa for years because of the table flip incident shows me that they really love their mom. Even when Teresa came to Danielle's house to apologize, one of the daughters didn't even want to see Teresa because she wasn't ready to forgive her yet.

• Love 2

Just a  Margret comment.  She is sane, witty and funny but she also has a vicious streak and goes for the jugular.  Not one woman at that table condoned what she said about Jen's husband.  Not one.  Even her posse didn't back her on that one.  That and the way Jen returned to the table subdued made her realize she went one step too far and had to real it back in.  She's smart, shrewd, she was quick to know she needed to repair the damage she had done.  She reminds me so much of my sister, positives and negatives, and that type is nasty when they feel they are on the defense and say things you can't put back in the box.  And the things they say they mean which is why they sting so much and will never be forgotten.  It will come back up and most will blame Cocktail Jen because Margret "sincerely apologized" and is in general more likeable but Margret said it on camera and it's now a thing.  Just like Jen will have to also live with the constant comparisons to a monkey's asshole.  I don't see any difference between saying Margret's kids don't want to be around her as saying your husband is cheating on you.  I really don't.  (fwiw I think Danielle is mentally unstable and dangerous, actually dangerous, so not putting her on par with Margret JUST those two particular comments.  I think it's a lot more hurtful to young children to have it thrown out on TV that their dad cheats on mom then it is for children in the 30s/40s to have a vague "your kids aren't around" you comment tossed out that most every viewer has dismissed and doesn't care about because we understand it's because she left their dad for Joe). 

Don't get me wrong.  I like Margret the most and she is funny at times but she has a really ugly character trait that I don't respect at all.  I'd put her on the couch with Jen and Danielle as the three most toxic members of this cast. 

I surprisingly find Melissa the most likeable now that her and Teresa no longer feud.  I really think her and Joe came on as antagonists to get a piece of the fame pie and much of their hostility towards Teresa was fabricated for their own ambitions.  I feel with that off the table she is more chill and real and the highs and lows the family goes through are genuine now.  She makes me laugh now and no longer cringe (camel riding comments aside ;))

• Love 6

I can see Danielle’s kids being afraid of her. As for them holding a grudge against Teresa, I think that has much to do with how their mom reacted to it (brings ex cons to fashion shows for “ protection”, obsesses about it, etc...).  To me, given all the crazy/dangerous behavior committed by Danielle, the kids anger is a bit misdirected.  

When I heard Danielle refer to spending her new husband’s money, it reminded me of how she’d talk about the money her daughter was making from modeling (by the way, Teresa showed super class in one of those episodes when Danielle kept trying to infer there was s competition between Gia and Danielle’s daughter).  Danielle, to me is a total narcissist and cannot see beyond herself and her own needs.  

• Love 11
15 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I did like Dolores, but not loving her this season.  Why is she friends with Jennifer?  Probably because Teresa is... which also confuses me.

I think Teresa and Jennifer are friends because they have the same values; the opulent display of apparent wealth. Unfortunately it translates as a desperate gaudy display of thirst, imo.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, lezlers said:

3.  It was sincere enough that Jennifer accepted it.  It was only when the two were getting alone sufficiently and Danielle couldn't stand it, that she stoked the flames more.

hold up... to win the case of what someone said said is or isn't slander (ie a false statement to damage one's character), wouldn't someone have to show/find/present proof  of some kind?

which would mean getting Dr Evil involved and he would somehow have to "show" of what was said isn't true... 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

I can see Danielle’s kids being afraid of her. As for them holding a grudge against Teresa, I think that has much to do with how their mom reacted to it (brings ex cons to fashion shows for “ protection”, obsesses about it, etc...).  To me, given all the crazy/dangerous behavior committed by Danielle, the kids anger is a bit misdirected.  

When I heard Danielle refer to spending her new husband’s money, it reminded me of how she’d talk about the money her daughter was making from modeling (by the way, Teresa showed super class in one of those episodes when Danielle kept trying to infer there was s competition between Gia and Danielle’s daughter).  Danielle, to me is a total narcissist and cannot see beyond herself and her own needs.  

Do we even know that her girls were holding a grudge against Teresa?  All we have is Danielle's word which is pretty much worthless. 

That scene with Teresa and a now-grown Jillian reminded me of the scene from season 2 where Danielle pretty much bullied the girl into performing at Christine's sweet 16.  I don't think she is a good mom.  Her girls turned out well in spite of her, not because of her.

(i think it was in that same episode that Danielle food-shamed Christine for snacking on a small dish of chocolate chips. 'Eww don't eat that chocolate, that's grossssss!' Can't have her endangering the possible meal ticket of her daughter's modeling career)

• Love 9
13 hours ago, kicksave said:

I agree.  They both look like they are on the verge of a breakdown at any given time.  I’ve never seen either one of them genuinely laugh or look happy.  Not that we see all that much of them, but they definitely give off the walking on eggshells vibe. 

I think Danielle has been a terrible mother to those girls.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

The person who put the “word on the street” about Jennifer’s husband being a cheater was Jennifer herself when she told us that she goes to his office unannounced to keep an eye on him. 

I think Marge’s apology was crafted perfectly well but I believe what she said about hearing rumors. 

Also, Jennifer was the one who said he sometimes sleeps in the pool house. She has shown us nothing of a close, loving relationship. She bitches about him working all the time, and nags him when he's watching the kids. He always seems annoyed with her. So yea, it's not a totally illogical conclusion to jump to. 

14 hours ago, kicksave said:

I think they feel sorry for her. I see the oldest, for sure, being more of a parent - they raised Danielle, she didn't raise them - kind of thing. I think they love her, but pity her more than respect her. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, sATL said:

hold up... to win the case of what someone said said is or isn't slander (ie a false statement to damage one's character), wouldn't someone have to show/find/present proof  of some kind?

which would mean getting Dr Evil involved and he would somehow have to "show" of what was said isn't true... 

Yup. Which... I tend to the think he probably does cheat but that is the problem with allegations like cheating. I don't really know how you go about proving that you're not without video footage of yourself at all times not sleeping around.

In my vast experience with doctors in my life, a lot of the best ones have shit personalities. Especially surgeons. Dr. Botox probably has the most to lose if this impacts his practice and he could very well be a great surgeon. It wouldn't surprise me if Bravo asks Jen back but she ultimately doesn't. The show will fade faster than if he's truly a good surgeon. Danielle would have me freaking out because ultimately cheating accusations aren't great and can be damaging, but Danielle strikes as me as the "will leave fake reviews of bad surgery " if eventually she feels wronged by Jennifer. I think she's that much of a loose cannon. You can maybe eventually prove the reviews are fake but it can do so much more damage in the process. 

• Love 2
On 1/31/2019 at 11:20 AM, politichick said:

I hope Marty saw the episode with him and the two Joes at the conch shop and cried that he didn't listen to them, the big dummy.

I am STILL chuckling at that scene in the conch shack wJoe Gorga stepping in to prevent the other Joe from getting his lights punched out by Marty. Joe G did it  with such likability and charm,  quick on his feet...

The huge bouncer who held back crazy Danielle had a kojak lollipop in his mouth the whole time. Skills.

I don't hate Jennifer. Hear me out. She has the dough and clout to back up that insane house and lifestyle.  These NJ bitches needed to be reminded what actual bonafide new money is. Mean drunk? Yeah.  But a timely addition.  Best NJ has been in years. 

Melissa is right. Kids are off limits. She was firm and stuck to her message. 

Oh and camels ? In Mexico?? Dumb. Poor things. 

• Love 9

Jennifer, Jennifer, Jennifer. While watching that scene again where she told the others that speech about having to buy the cow if you want to taste it's milk or something like that a thought came to me. Does she think that because she bought the rich, traditional, cow that it make's her the all knowing saint? You won't dance with another guy in Oklahoma because it's disrespectful to your husband but you have no problem disrespecting Teresa by making her gift all about you and your brother's store then insulting it. Nobody can call Melda a mail order bride because set up marriages are part of your culture but you can insult someone else's country music (a part of American culture). She is far from all knowing! The woman can turn the head/man any way she wants? Tell that to the women at the shelter Dolores spoke at who were abused by the head. If they could have turned it, they wouldn't need to be in that position! Danielle is a good friend and it's fine for her to talk about Marge's kids. However, don't even think about calling her kids spoiled because kids are off limits. Don't get me wrong they all have their faults. Marge may have made mistakes in how she got with Joe and throwing out the cheating thing about Jennifer's husband but she can at least admit her mistakes and own up. Jennifer not so much. You know that you tend to act a certain way if you drink/drink a certain amount but then order said drink again and give Melissa an attitude for bringing it up? Put down the liquor Miss Proper Turkish Princess. Oh, and you are still at fault for what you do/say while drunk. Drinking doesn't give you special courage it just brings out the nasty person that was already there.

• Love 10

Turkish values, American values, or any values in my opinion are not limited to your husband. Disrespecting others such as Polly who was nothing but nice to her and Teresa is not values the way I see it. Does she act that way with her tequila in front of her husband? Her parents? I'm sure Dr. Aydin is thrilled that his wife acted like that for millions of viewers to see some of which might be patients, potential patients, or coworkers (sarcasm of course). Oh, and speaking of patients. Even if female patients were throwing themselves at him, he's a grown man and it's up to him to handle that situation. Jennifer showing up to the office with sushi wouldn't matter. If he wants to he will and if he doesn't he won't. If she's really secure in her marriage why wouldn't she trust him? We all have free will Jennifer and so far your using yours to be a snobby, hypocritical, spoiled, drunk, embarrassment. No amount of Chanel can cover up that kind of ugly.

• Love 16

I think Danielle sees herself as some kind of Mob Wife, or she aspires to be. Wrong show.

Have we ever heard what Marty does for a living?

Jennifer and her money..I started watching the Hw's bc I wanted to see how the other half lives, that being said, her and her love for Chanel need to calm down..

Maybe in her 2nd season she wont feel the need to try and impress as much..I like the crazy she brings to the show.

Loving Marge, Dolores and Melissa this season.  Jackie Bores me..

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, Hockey Addict said:

Turkish values, American values, or any values in my opinion are not limited to your husband. Disrespecting others such as Polly who was nothing but nice to her and Teresa is not values the way I see it. Does she act that way with her tequila in front of her husband? Her parents? I'm sure Dr. Aydin is thrilled that his wife acted like that for millions of viewers to see some of which might be patients, potential patients, or coworkers (sarcasm of course). Oh, and speaking of patients. Even if female patients were throwing themselves at him, he's a grown man and it's up to him to handle that situation. Jennifer showing up to the office with sushi wouldn't matter. If he wants to he will and if he doesn't he won't. If she's really secure in her marriage why wouldn't she trust him? We all have free will Jennifer and so far your using yours to be a snobby, hypocritical, spoiled, drunk, embarrassment. No amount of Chanel can cover up that kind of ugly.

I got a mental image of the staff of Dr Aydin's office holding weekly viewing parties for the show, laughing their asses off at Jennifer behaving like a spoiled 6 year old. They probably have their own inside joke drinking games based on what they see during her regular visits to check up on her husband the office. I wonder how hard it is for them to keep a straight face the next morning at work, or during her visits, now that the show has aired.

• Love 11

I have to wonder what Jennifer's motivations are for being on the show. She doesn't need money. I think I read on one site that she graduated with a business degree or something like that so if she's bored at home why not get a job? I can guess but don't really know. Is she doing the show to have something that's just "her" thing and not tied to her husband or kids? Or maybe she feels stifled in the traditional Turkish wife role. Hmmm. She better get a handle on the spoiling of the kids or else they're just going to get more and more demanding. I wonder what Dr. Bill has said to her behind closed doors about her participation on the show especially now that all of her crappy behavior is out there (not that she thinks or realizes it's crappiness)?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I got a mental image of the staff of Dr Aydin's office holding weekly viewing parties for the show, laughing their asses off at Jennifer behaving like a spoiled 6 year old. They probably have their own inside joke drinking games based on what they see during her regular visits to check up on her husband the office. I wonder how hard it is for them to keep a straight face the next morning at work, or during her visits, now that the show has aired.

Oooh, I bet the talk in the office when he's not around is juicy! My mom worked for a doctor that had his wife working as head nurse and their dirt was the talk of the office for sure. She was once his mistress and watched other women around him like a hawk supposedly. Oh, and spent many dollars at the salon to keep herself looking to his liking.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Hockey Addict said:

All of this!  

I’m sure she controls herself very well in front of her family bc that’s what important to her

And I love that you said it’s up to him to not cheat, no matter how many women allegedly throw themselves at him. The choice is his. If he doesn’t want to, or holds the same values she always professes they do, then he won’t.  If he wants to, he will.  My mom always said you can’t take a man who doesn’t want to go. Throwing themselves at him makes it easier access but doesn’t change the choice.  But Jennifer appears to be totally the kind of person who blames the other women and leaves the husband blameless 

Amazing to me she holds herself to be so old fashioned and proper and then makes the jerkoff sign in front of her dad and brother, talks about sucking that monkeys asshole that marge brought up, and several other really vulgar words and mannerisms.  To be clear these mannerisms don’t bother me, the hypocrisy is what I detest  

• Love 3

How did Jennifer come to be on the show?  Jersey is the only HW show I watch but I feel like their cast always has a connection somehow or is a friend of the current cast.  Jackie knew Marge and met Melissa off camera, and I think knows Siggy.  (I also think Bravo is slowly but surely moving more and more towards this neck of Bergen County).  What was Jennifer's connection?

• Love 1
On 2/2/2019 at 1:08 AM, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I don't see any evidence that Danielle's daughters are afraid of her. Yes, there are people who can be unstable and even violent but still be good parents. I've heard children of mobsters and serial killers say that their dads were loving and nurturing.  I do think Danielle's daughters see a different side of her that her friends, co-workers, and her numerous boyfriends and husbands don't. 

The fact that Danielle's daughters held a grudge against Teresa for years because of the table flip incident shows me that they really love their mom. Even when Teresa came to Danielle's house to apologize, one of the daughters didn't even want to see Teresa because she wasn't ready to forgive her yet.

Hmmm...guess we'll have to agree to disagree. 

On 2/2/2019 at 1:58 PM, geauxaway said:

I agree.  They both look like they are on the verge of a breakdown at any given time.  I’ve never seen either one of them genuinely laugh or look happy.  Not that we see all that much of them, but they definitely give off the walking on eggshells vibe. 

I think Danielle has been a terrible mother to those girls.

It does remind me of Joan Crawford's kids...

• Love 2