Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E13: Camels, Cabo & Catfights

• Start Topic

Bravo is getting sloppy with their storylines...camel ride this last week was a copy of a RHONY trip to Morocco. They also did a vaginal rejuvenation that was done on another Real Housewives franchise as well as a face lift that Marge Sr. had done. The producers and show runners need to get a little more creative and quit being so lazy.

On 2/2/2019 at 12:08 AM, DivaLasVegas82 said:

The fact that Danielle's daughters held a grudge against Teresa for years because of the table flip incident shows me that they really love their mom. Even when Teresa came to Danielle's house to apologize, one of the daughters didn't even want to see Teresa because she wasn't ready to forgive her yet.

I don't believe this at all. Loving your mother and being emotionally (or physically) abused and manipulated by her are not mutually exclusive! I cannot imagine any opinions they might have sympathetic towards Teresa were tolerated.

• Love 10
On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 6:43 PM, ichbin said:

Guess that would depend on the specific contract signed by Jennifer's husband considering he is the one who could potentially consider himself defamed.  Pretty sure I remember Margaret initially making a definitive statement about his activities and only afterwards saying something about "word on the street".

Nope.  Still not how slander works.

• Love 4
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 7:50 AM, sATL said:

hold up... to win the case of what someone said said is or isn't slander (ie a false statement to damage one's character), wouldn't someone have to show/find/present proof  of some kind?

which would mean getting Dr Evil involved and he would somehow have to "show" of what was said isn't true... 

Yes, truth is an absolute defense to libel.  You also have to show actual damages in a libel suit.  I doubt Dr. Evil is going to lose many clients because someone on a trashy reality show said "word on the street" is that he cheats on his wife. 

Good luck with that.

• Love 9

Margaret may be the cast member I like most on this show (because: low bar), but it was seriously awful what she said to Jennifer.  I think Jennifer is horrendous, and she was saying terrible things too, but I kind of expected that from her (and Danielle, too, obviousy... goes without saying).  It genuinely surprised me that Margaret could go low like that.

Also, re: the shopping incident -- I don't particularly care for Melissa, but I do feel for her that Teresa doesn't take her side on anything and then expects her own back covered 100%. 

Speaking of the shopping trip, the "Now this is Mexico!" restaurant looked like an On the Border near where I live in Central Jersey.  Just saying. 

Edited by ladle
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, kicksave said:

Bravo is getting sloppy with their storylines...camel ride this last week was a copy of a RHONY trip to Morocco. They also did a vaginal rejuvenation that was done on another Real Housewives franchise as well as a face lift that Marge Sr. had done. The producers and show runners need to get a little more creative and quit being so lazy.

At least three Housewives shows that I can think of have had women get vaginal rejuvenations--RHOOC, RHOD, and RHOA.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

At least three Housewives shows that I can think of have had women get vaginal rejuvenations--RHOOC, RHOD, and RHOA.

From what I've heard about Danielle's sex tape, she could use one too.

Ok that was really crude and I'm going to go cleanse my mind at YouTube watching puppy videos.

• Love 4

At this point I feel like the only way next season will be worth watching with Jennifer on it is if they bring in the Staten Island Ferry (aka Angelina) from Jersey Shore on and pay her to go to Dr Evil's office for a "consultation". Then while he has her in the examining room boobs out on display, have her offer him unlimited "rides" on said ferry. Have him accept and head straight for the main house, not the pool house, wherein the two of them have a romantic night of passion while the nannies take the kids for the night. All while the ladies are away on a trip.

Have Angelina be recording the entire "finale" of the night (which will occur in Jennifer's bed). Then, let her play it for all of them to hear the next time all of the wives are together for lunch.

You're welcome for the free material Andy, I accept payment but never in the form of Chanel. Cash only.

• Love 2

My thought is that Tre is latching on to Danielle because she will protect her against the other ladies if need be. Without rationale, without thought. If someone says anything to Tre, Danielle will let her have it. I think Tre values that type of "loyalty" and looks down on Marge for not blindly abiding by Danielle's will, especially as the maid of honor. Tre is very simple. Very very simple. She doesn't get that Marge gave Danielle a hard time on her wedding, she feels this is a pass, and being a bridesmaid is an honor she should have respected. I'm feeling Tre is a little shaky with Dolores, probably because she's friends with Siggy, who Danielle passionately hates. Unfortunately, Tre chooses her side and sticks to it, no matter what. I don't see her going anywhere once Juicy is out of prison. 

Danielle could try to murder Marge, and Tre would be like, "well, Danielle was just reacting to her hurt." Tre has definitely picked her side, and she might need a fighter on her side with the stuff that's going on with Juicy. She's mad at Melissa for not making Juicy Lite spend time with the dad. She's mad at the other girl for disparaging her marriage and making her think. Jen, Danielle, and Tre are all extremely motivated by money, and I think that's their bond. 

• Love 6

I don't have a slew to add, as it sounds like Jennifer's "red-themed" anniversary party is being set up as the finale, and at this point I am just letting the women amaze/amuse me, but I do have to say that this episode was so chock-full of excitement that the other franchises need to take note: "Jer-ZEY's back, all right," (sung in the same tune as "Backstreet's Back," but in a slightly higher tenor).

As an attorney, legal practitioner, and just as a viewer of life, I will say that Dr Evil is a public figure, and it is not actionable to sue someone like Marge, who was making catty commentary on the situation.  Dr Evil would have to prove a bunch of things, and I am not going to go into it further, but sometimes on this board we act as if every untrue/mean-spirited comment is actionable, and it's not.  And to that I say thank God, otherwise, I would be sued right and left! (If anyone wants to disagree with me, that is fine, and I agree to disagree off the bat).

I just did want to say that "children are off limits" or however Melissa phrased it, may have come from a good place, but I don't know the logic behind the idea that adult ex-step-children should be off limits from discussion.  They are offspring, but not children.  I think, if anyone said anything abhorrent, it was Caroline in season 2 who said Danielle's children have dead eyes (at the time both were minors).  If one wants to argue that is off-limits I will hear them (and then probably resume discussion of said "off-limits" children), as I comment about what is on the show.  

I am never going to be that ultimate "Danielle defender" that she is probably combing these boards looking for, lol,  but I tend to call a spade a spade, and all she said during season 2, when both her and Teresa's girls were modeling, was that she didn't find Gia to be competition for Christine, as Gia is "four foot."  Not the most cutting jab I've heard about a 10 year old...I am scared of Danielle, and I would not like to cross her path.  I feel that she is so needy and damaged that she finds any expression of independent thought that does not line up with her dogma to be a threat, and she throws away good people (Marge) when she really does not need to.  Having said that, I think it is a result of childhood issues, and I would love to see her off this show and in a good course of therapy.  To me, she's not Pol Pot.  She's just a really fucked-up woman who can use some help.  

Also, if we're talkin about eating disorders, which seems to be a theme, isn't it a form of anorexia to keep cutting out food groups so that you can eat virtually nothing?  I have seen Danielle do that quite regularly this season.  Not that I would call her on it...

• Love 8
18 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

My thought is that Tre is latching on to Danielle because she will protect her against the other ladies if need be. Without rationale, without thought. If someone says anything to Tre, Danielle will let her have it. I think Tre values that type of "loyalty" and looks down on Marge for not blindly abiding by Danielle's will, especially as the maid of honor. Tre is very simple. Very very simple. She doesn't get that Marge gave Danielle a hard time on her wedding, she feels this is a pass, and being a bridesmaid is an honor she should have respected. I'm feeling Tre is a little shaky with Dolores, probably because she's friends with Siggy, who Danielle passionately hates. Unfortunately, Tre chooses her side and sticks to it, no matter what. I don't see her going anywhere once Juicy is out of prison. 

This actually makes the most sense. In Danielle, she has someone who will go to bat for her no matter what. Tre can't handle the kind of people who are free-thinkers, who will weigh each situation carefully and land where their values are. She just can't comprehend someone like that. 

46 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I just did want to say that "children are off limits" or however Melissa phrased it, may have come from a good place, but I don't know the logic behind the idea that adult ex-step-children should be off limits from discussion.  They are offspring, but not children.  I think, if anyone said anything abhorrent, it was Caroline in season 2 who said Danielle's children have dead eyes (at the time both were minors).  If one wants to argue that is off-limits I will hear them (and then probably resume discussion of said "off-limits" children), as I comment about what is on the show.  

I think "children are off limits" is a catch-all for anything involving children - the children themselves, the person's relationship with them, their parenting, etc. I think that may have been what Melissa was trying to articulate. 

50 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Also, if we're talkin about eating disorders, which seems to be a theme, isn't it a form of anorexia to keep cutting out food groups so that you can eat virtually nothing?  I have seen Danielle do that quite regularly this season.  Not that I would call her on it...

Danielle does seem to have a LOT of allergies and intolerances. It reminded my of Jules sabotaging her food on NYC. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

This actually makes the most sense. In Danielle, she has someone who will go to bat for her no matter what. Tre can't handle the kind of people who are free-thinkers, who will weigh each situation carefully and land where their values are. She just can't comprehend someone like that. 

I think "children are off limits" is a catch-all for anything involving children - the children themselves, the person's relationship with them, their parenting, etc. I think that may have been what Melissa was trying to articulate. 

Danielle does seem to have a LOT of allergies and intolerances. It reminded my of Jules sabotaging her food on NYC. 

I don't remember her having all these food issues in previous years. Don't remember them in that reality restaurant show she participated in either. 

Anyone else?

• Love 3

I'm actually catching up season by season with this show.  What value does Danielle offer?  I can't find one after she was fired.  Did Bravo make money from the wedding to have her on? Seriously?   She offers nothing at all.  She is a money hungry woman wanting a life from a wealthy man's expense. Nothing about her is redeeming nor interesting at all. She should be removed.

Really, Tre is just illerate.  She is not smart at all and will willingly follow someone who shows her the slightest team Tre crap.  I do not get the love fest she gets at all.  

Jennifer I guess it's ok to throw stuff at people.  She is lucky there are cameras around her and that probably makes her more of a moron too.  But Tre is all ok so what.  

I just don't get Bravo/Andy holding Tre as this untouchable person who can do no wrong. 

This was good shit. Just watched this episode. I’m now sucked back in (VP Rules hangover and remote work background). Sweet Baby Jesus help me (reluctant shout out to Melissa Gorga - even Mr. DC says it now and has no idea why).

Teresa - I think I literally lose brain cells every time you speak. And I like her better than before. We’ll see how that goes.

Margaret - I’d actually probably enjoy hanging out with you. Love the house. First HW ever - except for possibly LVP with the house, view, closet, swans and mini-horses.

Jennifer - I think my eyes bled when I saw the interior of your mega-mansion. I’m a Dior girl. IMO Chanel seems like a lot of overpriced tacky boring shit (don’t own a thing). Please stop drinking in social situations. Not a good look with your “traditional values” storyline.

Danielle - why the fuck is this bat shit crazy woman back on my TV screen? See also Teresa and losing brain cells.

• Like 1