Type keyword(s) to search

The McGees

• Start Topic

On 3/18/2019 at 9:40 AM, Christina87 said:

41 and 42?! No way. I'm 31, and look at least twenty years younger than them. I think they have just aged terribly since they got married and had the boys. I remember them showing their wedding picture, and they looked pretty nice. I thought they got the date wrong, because they had only been married maybe a little over ten years, and they looked soooo young. I think maybe the oldest boy was even born before they got married. I remember thinking, "if they got married ten years ago, they would have been late thirties at least! They look so much younger than late thirties." I guess they were late twenties or early thirties and looked their age, but now they don't. Sheesh. That's some pretty bad aging!

Are you saying I (age 65) could be Bernie’s MOM?? Aiiieeeeeee!!!!!!!

• LOL 2
(edited)

Wow, apparently Bernie McGee died today of a massive heart attack. It’s not confirmed officially yet, but Patrick Marble (Paige’s brother) confirmed it on Facebook. Word is that he was riding his bike, wasn’t feeling well, had the heart attack and EMTs couldn’t revive him. 

ETA: it’s now been confirmed by Paige. He was only 41... my heart breaks for his poor boys. 

Edited by Newmy
1 hour ago, lu1535 said:

I hope they check for arsenic..................I'll see myself out..........

If it was, it was his brother-in-law Patrick who did it.   (Yes, I know Bernie died from a heart attack. )

• Love 1

Wow, I just saw Paige's post on her brother's FB page blaming him for Bernie's death. Crazy. Why is she continuing this ridiculous social media war when she's got young kids who just lost their dad? Same thing happened to me when I was 11 and my mom died. I know how they feel. Those kids are devastated. Paige, just stop already. Please don't waste time on petty crap. Turn to your kids now.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Teri313 said:

Wow, I just saw Paige's post on her brother's FB page blaming him for Bernie's death. Crazy. Why is she continuing this ridiculous social media war when she's got young kids who just lost their dad? Same thing happened to me when I was 11 and my mom died. I know how they feel. Those kids are devastated. Paige, just stop already. Please don't waste time on petty crap. Turn to your kids now.

I must be having issues this morning.  I can’t locate his page.   Link?

thanks in advance!

I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude, but why did he not have life insurance?  Wasn't he supposedly all about taking personal responsibility?  I'm sorry for Paige, and even more so for her sons, but I just can't with her.

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, Teri313 said:

While I agree with you, I am in several FB Seeking Sister Wives groups and Patrick has been making jokes about Bernie's death (saying Paige killed him with kindness while he and his cronies laugh it up and add MORE comments), he has been saying out and out lies about it and he has used Bernie's death for his own agendas.   He is telling people not to donate to a GoFundMe page that Paige's cousin set up for the family.  They are accusing Paige of Poisoning Bernie - it's all really vicious and sick.  I don't understand what happened to people's compassion and empathy!  While I wouldn't be on Social media if I had just lost my husband, other people grieve and find solace in different ways and Paige doesn't deserve this.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

While I agree with you, I am in several FB Seeking Sister Wives groups and Patrick has been making jokes about Bernie's death (saying Paige killed him with kindness while he and his cronies laugh it up and add MORE comments), he has been saying out and out lies about it and he has used Bernie's death for his own agendas.   He is telling people not to donate to a GoFundMe page that Paige's cousin set up for the family.  They are accusing Paige of Poisoning Bernie - it's all really vicious and sick.  I don't understand what happened to people's compassion and empathy!  While I wouldn't be on Social media if I had just lost my husband, other people grieve and find solace in different ways and Paige doesn't deserve this.

I joined her brother's FB group several months ago because someone from there came on this forum and was basically recruiting. While I did join out of curiosity, I have never posted on it and barely pay attention. I'm not on FB enough and personally don't really care. From the little I have seen, it sounds like a lot of people spending a lot of time taking jabs at each other on both sides. It's ridiculous. The point I was trying to make was, for the sake of her kids, don't engage in this crap anymore. If she stops, they will stop. Life is too short, as she is now well aware. Just my 2 cents.

• Love 3

His poor children! I have a soft spot for his older son, who seems like a sensitive young man who tried his best to be respectful even though he was uncomfortable with the whole “second wife” bit. 

Those kids have had a few difficult years. I hope they stick together and help each other through this hard time.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

Brandy paid her condolences also...

Was thinking of her and her daughter too - they had feelings for Bernie and his family, they must be shocked and saddened as well. 

• Love 3

The thing I've been confused about is the house fire.  Did they not have insurance?  Which leads me to my next question, was there no life insurance?  Knowing his wife didn't work,  that seems horribly irresponsible.

If you have a mortgage, I thought you had to have homeowner's insurance though I suppose the quality and extent of coverage can vary. But no one is going to underwrite your mortgage without protection on the asset. Maybe they were underinsured? Or owned the home outright and let the policy lapse? Or were behind on mortgage and insurance payments?

Life insurance is a different thing - no one would require that he had it but I'm a little surprised his employer didn't provide it. Didn't he work as a mechanic at a car dealership? I would think there was at least a nominal policy but it might not go far.

Just now, Elizzikra said:

If you have a mortgage, I thought you had to have homeowner's insurance though I suppose the quality and extent of coverage can vary. But no one is going to underwrite your mortgage without protection on the asset. Maybe they were underinsured? Or owned the home outright and let the policy lapse? Or were behind on mortgage and insurance payments?

Life insurance is a different thing - no one would require that he had it but I'm a little surprised his employer didn't provide it. Didn't he work as a mechanic at a car dealership? I would think there was at least a nominal policy but it might not go far.

You are required to have Hazard Insurance with a mortgage.   That protects the actual house, but having insurance to cover your personal property is optional, though I'd never go without it.  

Most companies offer a minimal life insurance policy for free (10k).  When my son was born my husband and I got term policies just in case. And you are correct,  10k won't go far for funeral expenses.   I find Paige very unlikable,  but this has got to be horrible.   No one expects to die at 41.

Poor Bernie, passing away before he realised the multiple wife and after-life own planet dream? Or was his polygamy not for religious reasons? 

Condolences to those beautiful sweet boys of his, it’s very sad 😔 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/17/2019 at 4:45 AM, giaNtsandYankees said:

Dimitri sending his condolences...

Did Dimitri actually use the word ‘expired’ when referring to his tragic co-stars passing. Seriously!? 😳 I know now is not the the time to snark, but damn man, get some tact and a clue already. That word is surely only suitable to use, when one is talking about mouldy food. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Typo
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 3/24/2019 at 8:37 AM, Kyanight said:

The father of her first son died from an aneurysm.  It would be interesting (and horrifying) if they have reason to exhume him someday to do another autopsy and find out he was murdered in some weird way.  I guess she put him through the wringer.

And now Bernie has died at 41.......interesting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Did Dimitri actually use the word ‘expired’ when referring to his tragic co-stars passing. Seriously!? 😳 I know now is not the the time to snark, but damn man, get some tact and a clue already. That word is surely only suitable to use, when one talking about mouldy food. 

Agree, or a parking meter....

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Poor Bernie, passing away before he realised the multiple wife and after-life own planet dream? Or was his polygamy not for religious reasons? 

Condolences to those beautiful sweet boys of his, it’s very sad 😔 

Those poor boys for sure and then to be left alone with her 🙁

Its weird... by watching people on these shows, in some ways, you start to feel like you know them.  I mean, not really, of course, but in some way we do know them. We see glimpses into their private lives (as filtered through reality tv production).  Its very sad he died at such a young age, when he also had young children. 

• Love 4
On 6/15/2019 at 10:06 PM, suev33 3 said:

Wow....just read about Bernie.  At first i didn't believe it.  I am shocked, and feel a little bad for calling him a pig.  (Which he was) 41 is waaaay too young.  RIP

Well, he was (warning: socially unacceptable opinion ahead). 

I was constantly on here ripping Bernie for his behavior. His death not change the fact that he was a sleazy cheat. Was it a bit young for a heart attack? Yes, but Bernie was charging full-speed towards a cardiac event. His death whilst bicycling in the heat does not surprise me (I thought he was in his 50s, not 41 if that's any indication). 

I feel for the kids, but then again I've been feeling for the kids since I saw these people appear on the show. 

• Love 15
On 6/18/2019 at 10:17 PM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Classic Dimitri to hashtag HIMSELF on a post about how his castmate "expired."

The nasty comments are apparently scrubbed from the GoFundMe, except one I just saw that said it's a scam and not to donate.

Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 12.12.12 AM.png

Clearly his death was not a scam, but the last thing I would fund is his wife. His kids... in an account ONLY they could access at a certain age? Sure. Otherwise NO.

On 6/17/2019 at 8:14 PM, Adeejay said:

My condolences to Paige and the boys.  41 is way too young. 

My condolences to the boys as well. Sorry, but I think Paige and her antics didn't help him much, health wise. In hindsight, I often wondered if that woman (and her daughter) would have made a better match for him. His boys certainly cared for her.

On 6/17/2019 at 5:07 PM, Teri313 said:

Do we know for a fact that they didn't have insurance?

I always thought that when signing onto a show, insurance was a 'must' and not optional.

On 6/22/2019 at 2:29 PM, TurtlePower said:

I was constantly on here ripping Bernie for his behavior. His death not change the fact that he was a sleazy cheat. Was it a bit young for a heart attack? Yes, but Bernie was charging full-speed towards a cardiac event. His death whilst bicycling in the heat does not surprise me (I thought he was in his 50s, not 41 if that's any indication). 

I feel for the kids, but then again I've been feeling for the kids since I saw these people appear on the show. 

I quit following this forum after the tell-nothing but ended up here today instead of the sister wives page.

I am a bit shocked, but not particularly surprised.   When I saw that he was riding his bike,  I  thought he was on a motorcycle instead of a bicycle.  He was awfully big, and he didn't look that great the last time I saw him on tv.

On 6/17/2019 at 7:07 PM, Teri313 said:

Do we know for a fact that they didn't have insurance?

No, I think people think this because of the gofundme account.   At his weight, he may well not have been able to pass a physical to get an amount that would be sufficient to meet the family's needs.  The account request mentions that the lease on the house is about to expire as well as funeral expenses so it appears that they had little or no savings even after being on the show and the implication was made that she doesn't work so she can home school.

I did  notice that the fund raised less than $3k of the $10k requested. 

I feel awful for the boys.  And as much as I disliked Paige and Bernie,  I feel sorry for her losing her husband.   

Did I read correctly that this is the second husband she has lost?    (Insert terrible comment inspired by   "The Importance of Being Earnest"---to lose one spouse may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose a second looks like carelessness)

I will show myself out......

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 10/18/2019 at 11:18 AM, Twopper said:

I quit following this forum after the tell-nothing but ended up here today instead of the sister wives page.

I am a bit shocked, but not particularly surprised.   When I saw that he was riding his bike,  I  thought he was on a motorcycle instead of a bicycle.  He was awfully big, and he didn't look that great the last time I saw him on tv.

No, I think people think this because of the gofundme account.   At his weight, he may well not have been able to pass a physical to get an amount that would be sufficient to meet the family's needs.  The account request mentions that the lease on the house is about to expire as well as funeral expenses so it appears that they had little or no savings even after being on the show and the implication was made that she doesn't work so she can home school.

I did  notice that the fund raised less than $3k of the $10k requested. 

I feel awful for the boys.  And as much as I disliked Paige and Bernie,  I feel sorry for her losing her husband.   

Did I read correctly that this is the second husband she has lost?    (Insert terrible comment inspired by   "The Importance of Being Earnest"---to lose one spouse may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose a second looks like carelessness)

I will show myself out......

Don’t feel bad; my brain is going all Investigation Discovery. 

• Love 2
On 6/18/2019 at 4:05 AM, Sofa Sloth said:

Did Dimitri actually use the word ‘expired’ when referring to his tragic co-stars passing. Seriously!? 😳 I know now is not the the time to snark, but damn man, get some tact and a clue already. That word is surely only suitable to use, when one is talking about mouldy food. 

I read an obituary recently that used the word "expire' which was  used more frequently in the past.  Another euphemism for "died" that was also used often was 'succumbed."  No one seems to "die' anymore much in obits,  the term I most often see is "passed on" or just "passed." 

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, Twopper said:

I read an obituary recently that used the word "expire' which was  used more frequently in the past.  Another euphemism for "died" that was also used often was 'succumbed."  No one seems to "die' anymore much in obits,  the term I most often see is "passed on" or just "passed." 

Wow that’s quite surprising it’s gaining momentum!  I personally think "passed away"  “passed on” are much better euphemisms which are respectful to the deceased and considerate and somewhat comforting for the bereaved. It suggests that their loved one has gone to heaven (or whatever other afterlife they care to imagine).

"Expired" seems to me a very blunt direct term for death, emphasises its finality and gives no hint of a continuation in the afterlife. It also sounds cold and dehumanising like the deceased person was just an object. 

Just my opinion anyway 🤷‍♀️  I just figured that’s pretentious, self-serving Dimitri all over, to use that term to describe his co-workers death.  He has zero sensitivity or care for others feelings, Dimitri is all about Dimitri and maintaining his woke image. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Twopper said:

Passed has been used in the southern US by African Americans as long as I can remember. 

My family likes to use "gone home to Heaven" but they are super religious 

• Love 2
On 1/21/2020 at 2:00 PM, Sofa Sloth said:

"Expired" seems to me a very blunt direct term for death,  emphasises its finality and gives no hint of a continuation in the afterlife. It also sounds cold and dehumanising like the deceased person was just an object. 

🤷‍♀️

As I was reading this post, it occurred to me that a dead person has no biological workings, is no longer alive. So does an "expired" body become a thing, like an object?