Type keyword(s) to search

The McGees

• Start Topic

No, the McGees were considering polygamy prior to their house fire.  They had someone lined up in the past and it didn't work out due to the first wife's feelings.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 3

The husband grosses me out. How does this f*ck ugly, full-of-himself pile of goo plan to lure another victim? "Fat, ugly and lives in a trailer"---Yeah, that oughta do it. 

The wife needs to run and run fast if she's uncomfortable with this, but she doesn't appear to have the confidence. She's trapped in a relationship that makes her feel like shit yet feels compelled to try and satisfy that dung-ball of a husband. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, Adira said:

Actually, didn't they say that it was the WIFE that was interested in polygamy first and convinced HIM to do it?

Yes, but that doesn't make it the truth.  The family COULD be saying that for the viewer's benefit - to take the heat off of horndog.  It's surprising, to say the least - if SHE suggested it - because they tried to add a new wife in the past and she wasn't having it - and she doesn't seem any more enthused THIS go around.  If it was HER idea - you would think she would be on board.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Yes, but that doesn't make it the truth.  The family COULD be saying that for the viewer's benefit - to take the heat off of horndog.  It's surprising, to say the least - if SHE suggested it - because they tried to add a new wife in the past and she wasn't having it - and she doesn't seem any more enthused THIS go around.  If it was HER idea - you would think she would be on board.

I get it - she definitely seems to be struggling with it, but I don't think it's fair to make judgments based on assumptions.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Adira said:

I get it - she definitely seems to be struggling with it, but I don't think it's fair to make judgments based on assumptions.

I wholeheartedly agree with you!!  Surprisingly, the judgments, assumptions, and speculations presented in this forum are mild compared to another similar forum.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, sharkerbaby said:

I wholeheartedly agree with you!!  Surprisingly, the judgments, assumptions, and speculations presented in this forum are mild compared to another similar forum.

Well.... seriously......  people can make whatever personal choices they wish in their lives (we ALL do!) - but when you go on a reality show, don't you think there are going to be judgments and assumptions and speculations?  I don't live a polygamist lifestyle, but if my life were on television I KNOW for a fact people would be making judgments about certain things I did or said.  That's just life.  Most of us would rather NOT put everything out there for the public to view.  Again - personal choice - but to make judgments about people making judgments in this situation is rather strange.    This is an extreme lifestyle to most mainstream folks.

• Love 7

She has her own Facebook group and I joined for the hell of it.  She's got a lot of drama around her.  It's called Paige McGee SSW2.  She's got people on other pages bitching about her.  Previous "applicants" of her Sister Wives are like 2 of the people.  I saw a poster asking about who was having issues with one of the families from this season on another SSW page.  Paige pops up with "oh they're talking about me, I'll PM you the details".  So she's messaging random strangers with her drama.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Well.... seriously......  people can make whatever personal choices they wish in their lives (we ALL do!) - but when you go on a reality show, don't you think there are going to be judgments and assumptions and speculations?  I don't live a polygamist lifestyle, but if my life were on television I KNOW for a fact people would be making judgments about certain things I did or said.  That's just life.  Most of us would rather NOT put everything out there for the public to view.  Again - personal choice - but to make judgments about people making judgments in this situation is rather strange.    This is an extreme lifestyle to most mainstream folks.

I would take my response to small talk thread but alas they don't exist anymore, so here will have to do.   I realize people are going to judge others especially when they put aspects of their lives out on a reality show and/or social media and certainly understand that it is a typical human response.  I just believe it's a bit of a leap to make said judgments not based upon  what we see, are told, or even what can be found in public records but instead use assumptions, speculations, and even sometimes known falsehoods. 

(edited out because too far off topic)

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Love 3
On 2/7/2019 at 7:26 AM, sharkerbaby said:

I would take my response to small talk thread but alas they don't exist anymore, so here will have to do.   I realize people are going to judge others especially when they put aspects of their lives out on a reality show and/or social media and certainly understand that it is a typical human response.  I just believe it's a bit of a leap to make said judgments not based upon  what we see, are told, or even what can be found in public records but instead use assumptions, speculations, and even sometimes known falsehoods. 

(edited out because too far off topic)

What would be an example of a "known falsehood"?

I feel terrible for the older of the 2 boys... You can tell that he isn't really on-board but knows it's useless to disagree with his father.. The horny old fat man.  

Of course the dad says that the younger boy is sweet... Yes because he's too young to get the sexual aspect and how disgusting the whole thing is.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I feel terrible for the older of the 2 boys... You can tell that he isn't really on-board but knows it's useless to disagree with his father..

That's why I dislike this father even more than Dimitri.   Look, if you are going to do the polygamy thing, get wives one and two about the same time so they can start pumping out babies that are close in age.  That way the children don't know anything but that lifestyle so adding additional wives would be less traumatic.   I think the older child is his step-son and the younger one is theirs together.  Anyway, both boys have been in this two parent family for a long time.  And now the parents want to bring in a new "wife."  Or at least the husband is really  eager.  Selfish!! This cannot possibly be in the best interest of these boys.   Especially doing it on tv where people who know them will see this. 

Also this is in Mississippi, not one of those states in the west where there are a number of communities that have many polygamous families.  There have been programs about polygamous families for at least the last 10 years; maybe this is their way to get on tv. 

I cannot stand Kody Brown, but he seems like  "Father of the Year" compared to this sleaze. 

• Love 7
On 2/7/2019 at 8:42 AM, Kyanight said:

I think there's PLENTY to judge without making up stuff about them with no evidence.  Case in point:

On 2/6/2019 at 12:26 PM, TurtlePower said:

The husband grosses me out. How does this f*ck ugly, full-of-himself pile of goo plan to lure another victim? "Fat, ugly and lives in a trailer"---Yeah, that oughta do it. 

The wife needs to run and run fast if she's uncomfortable with this, but she doesn't appear to have the confidence. She's trapped in a relationship that makes her feel like shit yet feels compelled to try and satisfy that dung-ball of a husband. 

There's no evidence for the bolded.  Agreed that she doesn't seem 100% on board, but they've told us it was HER idea, that SHE convinced the husband, so to just assume she's trapped in the relationship with no confidence and can't get out of the relationship is just making up stuff, which seems unnecessary.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Adira said:
On 2/6/2019 at 10:26 AM, TurtlePower said:

There's no evidence for the bolded.  Agreed that she doesn't seem 100% on board, but they've told us it was HER idea, that SHE convinced the husband, so to just assume she's trapped in the relationship with no confidence and can't get out of the relationship is just making up stuff, which seems unnecessary.

Well the first part is fine - the poster wrote:  "She doesn't APPEAR to have the confidence".  If she had said "She SEEMS to be trapped......." it would have been her opinion from what she has seen on the show.  I do see your point with as it is written.   

And now I am going to say THIS - I don't believe Mrs. McGee feels trapped, but I can't help wondering if she is trying to please her husband by adding another wife.    April Briney did just that.  And no, that wasn't speculation on my part.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I think the older child is his step-son and the younger one is theirs together.

I thought in the first ep it was stated that she has 2 adult sons from a prior marriage (not shown yet) and these 2 kids that are theirs together.

Mr McGee is really, really awful.  The wife is understandably upset that he has started to look for someone who will be her family member and a second mom to her boys without her input.  Does he talk through her feelings or apologize for what he did?  No.  He says “Just stop”.  I can’t imagine my husband ever telling me to “just stop” having my feelings.  Spouses should care for and support one another.  But in this terrible family it is clear that the only feelings that matter are Mr McGee’s.  His wife and son are not happy and he tells them to stuff down their feelings so that he can get laid by more than one woman.  That’s dad of the year material right there (heavy sarcasm).

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
44 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Well the first part is fine - the poster wrote:  "She doesn't APPEAR to have the confidence".  If she had said "She SEEMS to be trapped......." it would have been her opinion from what she has seen on the show.  I do see your point with as it is written.   

And now I am going to say THIS - I don't believe Mrs. McGee feels trapped, but I can't help wondering if she is trying to please her husband by adding another wife.    April Briney did just that.  And no, that wasn't speculation on my part.

You guys are right in that it's just my opinion and it could have been worded better. I do believe she's just trying to "please" her husband and that's maybe why she suggested it but deep down, I don't think she can handle it--which she has shown previously (jealousy). I've seen this on a smaller level when I was a dancer (oh so long ago) and women brought their men in to make them happy only to fly into a jealous rage or cry when the men were having fun, ignoring the women who brought them (different story for women who are into women). Yeah, that worked out for ya, ladies. Imagine this on a relationship level. 

Maybe "trapped" was the wrong choice word to use. "Desperate", "sad" maybe. Her husband is a creep and there are kids involved. She can say all the nice things about him she wants, but he clearly doesn't care about her feelings or the older son's feelings. Also I feel like it's a lot of work to bring on a "wife" just to get laid. After seeing the previews for next week's episode, she should walk right out the door, but probably feels like she needs to work through it since it was "her idea". 

Agree with Booger666, Mr. McGee is really, really awful. He's utterly distasteful, self-seeking and inconsiderate. If this works out for them and she winds up happy, I'll be the first to declare how wrong I am. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Booger666 said:

thought in the first ep it was stated that she has 2 adult sons from a prior marriage (not shown yet) and these 2 kids that are theirs together.

I am usually folding laundry or otherwise multitasking when these "reality" shows run;  I probably heard "son" and figured he was hers. 

27 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

,.....Mr. McGee is really, really awful. He's utterly distasteful, self-seeking and inconsiderate. If this works out for them and she winds up happy, I'll be the first to declare how wrong I am. 

She may be happy, but I doubt the boys will be.  I think they can sense that it is a bad idea, but they can't express it. And even if they both said "No," I think Dad would probably make them feel guilty for being opposed. 

• Love 1

IMHO, Mr. McGee should see what this is doing to his family and tell Ms. McGee that while he respects her belief they are being called to this, he can't participate or support the goal of finding a sister wife because he doesn't believe it will end positively for them.  Period, end of story.  And I strongly suspect Ms. McGee would be deeply relieved, whether she admitted it or not.

What we get instead, however, is the enthusiastic pursuit of another wife by Mr. McGee, and that, I think, is unfortunate and rather shortsighted. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

You guys are right in that it's just my opinion and it could have been worded better. I do believe she's just trying to "please" her husband and that's maybe why she suggested it but deep down, I don't think she can handle it--which she has shown previously (jealousy). I've seen this on a smaller level when I was a dancer (oh so long ago) and women brought their men in to make them happy only to fly into a jealous rage or cry when the men were having fun, ignoring the women who brought them (different story for women who are into women). Yeah, that worked out for ya, ladies. Imagine this on a relationship level. 

Maybe "trapped" was the wrong choice word to use. "Desperate", "sad" maybe. Her husband is a creep and there are kids involved. She can say all the nice things about him she wants, but he clearly doesn't care about her feelings or the older son's feelings. Also I feel like it's a lot of work to bring on a "wife" just to get laid. After seeing the previews for next week's episode, she should walk right out the door, but probably feels like she needs to work through it since it was "her idea". 

Agree with Booger666, Mr. McGee is really, really awful. He's utterly distasteful, self-seeking and inconsiderate. If this works out for them and she winds up happy, I'll be the first to declare how wrong I am. 

3 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

IMHO, Mr. McGee should see what this is doing to his family and tell Ms. McGee that while he respects her belief they are being called to this, he can't participate or support the goal of finding a sister wife because he doesn't believe it will end positively for them.  Period, end of story.  And I strongly suspect Ms. McGee would be deeply relieved, whether she admitted it or not.

What we get instead, however, is the enthusiastic pursuit of another wife by Mr. McGee, and that, I think, is unfortunate and rather shortsighted. 

Yeah I have to say, the men in these situations often can barely hide their excitement at the prospect of another woman (Mr. McGee, Dmitri Snowden), but what the hell do the women who "suggested" this lifestyle expect? They claim to want a sister and friend, but they know that also means that hubby's going to be getting his groove on. Yet they get mad when he seems really into the idea. They want a sister wife but they want to control every aspect of it, including how the courtship progresses and how their husband reacts to the whole thing. Men are men and not many of them will be able to contain their excitement at the prospect of some strange.

That being said, they should at least try. And they should certainly not do anything without their spouse's input. But it just seems a bit self-deluding for these women to act hurt and surprised that hubby is an eager beaver in this scenario.

• Love 9
On 2/11/2019 at 11:08 AM, Twopper said:

That's why I dislike this father even more than Dimitri.   Look, if you are going to do the polygamy thing, get wives one and two about the same time so they can start pumping out babies that are close in age.  That way the children don't know anything but that lifestyle so adding additional wives would be less traumatic.   I think the older child is his step-son and the younger one is theirs together.  Anyway, both boys have been in this two parent family for a long time.  And now the parents want to bring in a new "wife."  Or at least the husband is really  eager.  Selfish!! This cannot possibly be in the best interest of these boys.   Especially doing it on tv where people who know them will see this. 

Also this is in Mississippi, not one of those states in the west where there are a number of communities that have many polygamous families.  There have been programs about polygamous families for at least the last 10 years; maybe this is their way to get on tv. 

I cannot stand Kody Brown, but he seems like  "Father of the Year" compared to this sleaze. 

Ugh. I totally agree.   Never thought I'd defend Kodouche, but this McGee creep is just a fat, ugly horn dog.  Gross.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I think he's nasty and the wife is agreeing to a sister wife to keep him. I'm tired of hearing her say that he's flirting or has gone too far-for God's sake, he's looking for another woman.  How, exactly, does she think he's going to do that?  

• Love 5
On 2/14/2019 at 10:33 AM, readheaded said:

I think he's nasty and the wife is agreeing to a sister wife to keep him. I'm tired of hearing her say that he's flirting or has gone too far-for God's sake, he's looking for another woman.  How, exactly, does she think he's going to do that?  

Yup. But, WHY?  Why is she trying to appease that nasty piece of rubbish? Why do women do this? With a divorce and a little tune-up, she could definitely find a man who's not a fugly, creepy asshat. 

Let him look for another woman. Alone. 

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Snowflake said:

I just watched Bernie pull in the drive in a little convertible. Nice car for a family of four.

Looks like what I used to hear described as a "midlife crisis car."

Did I mishear them say that the woman they were skyping with was about their age?  I think she said she had 2 children and then she mentioned having a grandchild.  And the McGees said something about having 4 children and grandchildren.  I thought they said they were 41.  I  am not good at guessing age but I thought they were mid 40's.  She just looks old and tired to me, and probably with the right makeup and hairstyle could look lots younger.  

The reason I am stuck on the age issue is that he says he wants more children.  A second wife close to their age is not likely to produce a lot more children for him.  Maybe one, at best.  So not only is he obnoxious; he is rather dumb.   Does he plan to add even more wives?  

I am appalled at what he has been texting and hiding from his wife.   He is just horrid.    Wow,  I think I  have found someone I dislike more than JimBob Dugger.      Thanks a lot, TLC!!

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Did I mishear them say that the woman they were skyping with was about their age?  I think she said she had 2 children and then she mentioned having a grandchild.  And the McGees said something about having 4 children and grandchildren.  I thought they said they were 41.  I  am not good at guessing age but I thought they were mid 40's.  She just looks old and tired to me, and probably with the right makeup and hairstyle could look lots younger.  

The reason I am stuck on the age issue is that he says he wants more children.  A second wife close to their age is not likely to produce a lot more children for him.  Maybe one, at best.  So not only is he obnoxious; he is rather dumb.   Does he plan to add even more wives?  

I am appalled at what he has been texting and hiding from his wife.

Yeah, that really stuck out to me, too.  If you want a herd of kids, you marry a woman in her 20's.  I mean... COME ON!!  Seriously - how many kids do you think a 41 year old grandmother is going to pop out?   And after raising kids and having grandkids, why would she want MORE babies of her own?  For that matter, why is she looking into plural marriage?  I think she wants someone to take care of her.

And yes, I think he DOES plan on having more wives - at least I think that is something he mentioned before.

The stuff he is texting doesn't seem like a religious quest to find another wife to me.  But what do I know.

• Love 7

I think those McGees are too late for the sister wife business if they want it for the religious aspect of having more kids.  He is not going attract anyone who will want to have children with him.  I thought he was pretty much a sleaze and is in it just for the extra sex, but when I saw the likes him getting out of that car I was convinced.  Him with that car is laughable.  Mrs. McGee wake up you are seeing the signs already, he's a creep.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Methinks Fibber McGee is not going to attract a 20 something woman that wants to pop out his babies.  I am sure that's just an excuse, anyway.  He's a horndog, pure and simple.

Fibber Mcgee...  Omg I love It!  😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

If the McGees want a big family, is there a reason they aren't popping out more kids of their own?  Their youngest is what, 8?  Why didn't they pop out a few more after him?  Maybe fertility issues?  Which would explain why they need another wife to have more kids I guess?

50 minutes ago, Adira said:

If the McGees want a big family, is there a reason they aren't popping out more kids of their own?  Their youngest is what, 8?  Why didn't they pop out a few more after him?  Maybe fertility issues?  Which would explain why they need another wife to have more kids I guess?

You are asking a question that I was thinking myself.  The oldest two are either the children of Paige or Bernie - the youngest two are their children together.  At least that's what I have gathered from the show?  I tried googling for ANY information but came up empty.   You would think they would comment about that on the show.  It turns out there is a facebook page on this show but the McGee's are the moderators and VERY defensive and the fans felt it was biased.  But of course we know how brutal anonymous comments can be.  lol

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Adira said:

I think Paige had serious complications with the youngest or something like that per their intro video. 

• Love 2

Soooooo......  there is big time drama on FB concerning the McGees.  I was googling this morning to see if the two older boys were her sons or Bernie's sons and I came across a legit article about how there is a FB page for Seeking Sister Wife and as time went on if people made comments about the McGees that the moderators were defensive about, the posts were removed and people were blocked.  Turns out the MCGEES were the moderators of the page!  So a bunch of people felt this was a conflict of interest and created their own FB page.   Fine - but then Mrs. McGee got into a fight on the board with someone there and wrote a really nasty post.    After awhile she said her account was hacked (but they only wrote that one post and then she got her account back!) and they are having the FB police look into it.  Here is the post she (or a hacker) wrote:

image.png.3a9e0edbb01a92f1a3b4c0dbe494505a.png

3 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Soooooo......  there is big time drama on FB concerning the McGees.  I was googling this morning to see if the two older boys were her sons or Bernie's sons and I came across a legit article about how there is a FB page for Seeking Sister Wife and as time went on if people made comments about the McGees that the moderators were defensive about, the posts were removed and people were blocked.  Turns out the MCGEES were the moderators of the page!  So a bunch of people felt this was a conflict of interest and created their own FB page.   Fine - but then Mrs. McGee got into a fight on the board with someone there and wrote a really nasty post.    After awhile she said her account was hacked (but they only wrote that one post and then she got her account back!) and they are having the FB police look into it.  Here is the post she (or a hacker) wrote:

image.png.3a9e0edbb01a92f1a3b4c0dbe494505a.png

Omg!!!  LOLOLOLOL!!

I don't believe the hacker story.. I think Mrs McGee wrote that herself and if that's the case I no longer feel any sympathy for her situation with Horndog fat slob Mr McGee...  

I thought she's supposed to be such a Christian woman?

I hope he finds a nasty bitch who groans and howls during sex and she can lay in her bed and fume with jealousy 

😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I posted upthread (Feb. 7) about her FB group and mentioned then she had drama surrounding her.  I don't believe for one minute she was hacked.  She's saying the police is looking into it.  I honestly don't think the police will do anything.  They got real shit going on.  You know, crimes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I came here just to see what people thought of this guy. Just watching the previews for the show tonight - he makes my skin crawl. He is totally just after sex and justifying it by calling it polygamy. Let's call it what it is douche bag, you're a horny, gross, middle aged guy wanting to cheat on your wife, right under her nose. 

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, taragel said:

The best thing about this whole show (and this episode) was the McGees' adorable dog sleeping on the bed while they video chatted. Sigh.

Maybe they can start looking for a mate for the dog on the internet.  That would be fun!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 2/18/2019 at 8:15 PM, gonecrackers said:

This guy's no doubt partaking on his own & has been for quite some time.  If this really is her idea it's just so she'll know who he's screwing.

On 2/20/2019 at 6:29 AM, Booger666 said:

Her post is so gross and nasty!!  I used to feel sorry for her but not anymore.  She and her disgusting, fat, hairy, ogre of a husband deserve each other.

* The ugly, odious pudball probably needs to pay, too. I mean, there's no way that turd could get what he wants for free from an actual attractive woman. 

* After reading about the Paige drama, I also no longer feel sorry for her--my empathy has been waning for her anyways. She wasn't upset enough to leave following filming and seems somewhat nasty underneath herself so, she can wallow in the filth she has chosen.  She plays the jealous wife role well but sounds like they're both a couple of assholes. 

• Love 8

Mr. McGee doesn’t want a Sister Wife. He wants a Hall Pass

And he says that he “has to flirt”, as if having his humonculus of a body bouncing on top of you is the real selling point for a potential Sister Wofe 

• LOL 6