Type keyword(s) to search

The Winders: Kermit/Colton and the Muppets, Sophie and Tami

• Start Topic

I’m dying at these silly fuckers waltzing through the farmers market, hand in hand with camera crew in tow, absolutely dying for attention, and when they finally “announce” themselves it’s to another dude with 2 wives 😂😂😂

Edited by princelina
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, speakingofpolygamy said:

I wrote my thoughts about the awkwardness of the Winders on my blog: Double Facepalm

Sweet article!    You live in Kody Brown's old house?  It's an amazing house - wonderful set-up.   I couldn't believe they left it.

And yeah - loved the cheese vendor.   Was sorry to hear that some people refused to buy cheese from him when they knew he was a polygamist.  If that were in Denver, the majority of the buyers wouldn't care at all.

3 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Sweet article!    You live in Kody Brown's old house?  It's an amazing house - wonderful set-up.   I couldn't believe they left it.

And yeah - loved the cheese vendor.   Was sorry to hear that some people refused to buy cheese from him when they knew he was a polygamist.  If that were in Denver, the majority of the buyers wouldn't care at all.

Yes, we bought Kody's Lehi, Utah house from him about 2 1/2 years ago.  I love it.  It is perfect.  I think it would be sad to go from living all together to living separately.  

About the cheese vendor losing customers... that sort of thing really does happen.  Some people don't care, but many people do.  Amazing, but true.  Homosexuals and blacks, two groups that used to be so marginalized, are now widely accepted, but polygamists still aren't.  We're one of the last minority groups that the general public is still allowed to reject.  

2 minutes ago, speakingofpolygamy said:

Yes, we bought Kody's Lehi, Utah house from him about 2 1/2 years ago.  I love it.  It is perfect.  I think it would be sad to go from living all together to living separately.  

About the cheese vendor losing customers... that sort of thing really does happen.  Some people don't care, but many people do.  Amazing, but true.  Homosexuals and blacks, two groups that used to be so marginalized, are now widely accepted, but polygamists still aren't.  We're one of the last minority groups that the general public is still allowed to reject.  

I think that is mainly a Utah/small town prejudice.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, speakingofpolygamy said:

Quite possibly.  Utah/LDS.

By the way, I commented on one of your husband's articles and he (you?) kindly replied.  I love that cute little fuzzy Shaun the Sheep - so I am not trying to be anonymous, lol.   It's always obvious it's me.

The Winders are just so awkward, particularly Kermit. Not just his voice, but his mannerisms. Is he a little “slow?”  Watching him on tv is like watching paint dry. His wives must be a little dim to fawn all over him. I can’t help but wonder if he’s that boring in the sack. Does his Kermit voice turn them on? 🤮

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
On 2/12/2019 at 12:21 PM, Kyanight said:

weet article!    You live in Kody Brown's old house?  It's an amazing house - wonderful set-up.   I couldn't believe they left it.

Heck, I don't think most people anywhere would care about it if he sold good cheese.

I cannot recall any names on this show except for Vanessa, Dimitri and Mama Donna.    With that said, I am talking about the wife in last night's show.  Her mom, brother and his gf came for a visit.  She is upset that he doesn't accept her lifestyle, but then she and her mother practically berate him for not wanting to do plural marriage.  How accepting, how tolerant.    He seems politely tolerant of her, but I guess she wants/needs him to validate it as a great lifestyle.   The mom creeped me out.  The Winders don't seem particularly bright.  I now add Winder wife #2 to my dislike list behind Mr. McGee and Dimitri.  

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Heck, I don't think most people anywhere would care about it if he sold good cheese.

I cannot recall any names on this show except for Vanessa, Dimitri and Mama Donna.    With that said, I am talking about the wife in last night's show.  Her mom, brother and his gf came for a visit.  She is upset that he doesn't accept her lifestyle, but then she and her mother practically berate him for not wanting to do plural marriage.  How accepting, how tolerant.    He seems politely tolerant of her, but I guess she wants/needs him to validate it as a great lifestyle.   The mom creeped me out.  The Winders don't seem particularly bright.  I now add Winder wife #2 to my dislike list behind Mr. McGee and Dimitri.  

You like Ashley?  lol    

I was wondering how the brother's girlfriend feels about polygamy.  All we heard her say was "I have to go to work soon", and Sophie says, "Work is good".   It was awkward.   I'll bet she is relieved her boyfriend doesn't want to be a polygamist.  Sophie's mother is lucky if she has two teeth in her mouth.  I think they are on the bottom.   I thought it was sweet though, how kind she was about her sister wife.  Even when their husband died, they were still close.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

You like Ashley?  lol    

I have no idea  if I do.   Seriously, I cannot remember names.  If she belongs to Dimitri, I don't like her.  If she is Winder wife#1   I don't like her. I only like Mama Donna so far.   And the brother who told his mother he wasn't interested in having a plural marriage.

Sophie's mom looks horrible.  I wondered if she was strung out on something or if it was just the rough life of a plural wife.  She reminded me of some of those women in Centennial City (or whatever it is called ) with all the FLDS families.  I had a strange desire to take her to McDonald's

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

With that said, I am talking about the wife in last night's show.  Her mom, brother and his gf came for a visit.  She is upset that he doesn't accept her lifestyle, but then she and her mother practically berate him for not wanting to do plural marriage.  How accepting, how tolerant.    He seems politely tolerant of her, but I guess she wants/needs him to validate it as a great lifestyle. 

So I was thinking about what you said here - and you were right that she almost demands everyone (not just her brother but the entire town!) approve and accept her lifestyle choice.

I think the mother and sister felt a bit rejected maybe, because he grew up in a polygamist household and yet doesn't believe in it.  Not ONE of my children want a polygamous marriage.  On Sister Wives we saw that Hannah was in a monogamous marriage but RAISED in a polygamous home and did NOT want sister wives and yet her oldest two children are polygamists (who were raised in a monogamous home).  So far none of the Brown children who are married have expressed any interest in polygamy.  It makes you wonder why some do and some don't.  Certainly if they are scarred by it, they won't seek it.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Kyanight said:

You like Ashley?  lol    

I was wondering how the brother's girlfriend feels about polygamy.  All we heard her say was "I have to go to work soon", and Sophie says, "Work is good".   It was awkward.   I'll bet she is relieved her boyfriend doesn't want to be a polygamist.  Sophie's mother is lucky if she has two teeth in her mouth.  I think they are on the bottom.   I thought it was sweet though, how kind she was about her sister wife.  Even when their husband died, they were still close.

Sophie's mother looks like Robyn Brown, 15 years older.  FFS, I would never be filmed missing half my teeth.  Robyn has that same inbred looking jaw as Sophie's mom.  Hapsberg, or something like it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Sophie's mother looked pretty rough, poor thing. And yes, she has the same crescent moon face Robyn has. Sophie bugs the bejesus out of me, she's so smug. Poor little first wife does not have a prayer. Sophie intends to be queen of the roost and will brook no opposition.

• Love 5

Sophie is they type of person who is all, “I am living this horrible life but it would make a lot more sense to me if other people also had to suffer to make me feel better about my own horrible choices.”  The way she was showing off that awful couch was so cringeworthy.  It was like showing off to her parents that she has a boyfriend...and they are doing the sex!!!! Her brother was so innocuous.  He wasn’t stating that she needs to stop living the way she wants to.  He just doesn’t want to do it himself.  She is SO irritating.

• Love 9
On 2/18/2019 at 11:53 AM, Kyanight said:

I think the mother and sister felt a bit rejected maybe, because he grew up in a polygamist household and yet doesn't believe in it.  Not ONE of my children want a polygamous marriage.  On Sister Wives we saw that Hannah was in a monogamous marriage but RAISED in a polygamous home and did NOT want sister wives and yet her oldest two children are polygamists (who were raised in a monogamous home).  So far none of the Brown children who are married have expressed any interest in polygamy.  It makes you wonder why some do and some don't.  Certainly if they are scarred by it, they won't seek it.

I am so glad you post here and share your inside experience with plural marriage.   I do think they feel that he cannot reject their lifestyle without rejecting them.   And that type of thinking is certainly not limited to members of the polygamous world.  

I would guess it is much easier to chose to be a sister wife if your mother and you were well treated;  if not, you might not want it, but it seems if you live in an area where there is a large minority or a majority of poly families it might be hard to find a spouse that want monogamy without moving to another part of the county where it is uncommon. 

The only Brown children that I think are really happy with it would be the younger ones that belong to Robyn.  I think Aspyn would have been for it had her mother been Wife #1 and the legal wife.   I would also think the children watching Kody divorce Meri to marry Robyn would be very discouraging to the girls.  Plus living in LV has probably made them realize that plural marriage is not the norm.  And with Kody saying they will go to jail if they return to Utah would discourage them further.

• Love 1
On 2/19/2019 at 6:35 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Sophie bugs the bejesus out of me, she's so smug. Poor little first wife does not have a prayer. Sophie intends to be queen of the roost and will brook no opposition.

I do not understand why Sophie is so smug because the first wife (Tami?) is 100 times prettier!   I get the feeling that she is trying to show confidence to cover up her insecurties.   Her comment about spending all of their time in bed is a good example.   Perhaps they aren’t in bed as much as she would like.

Hopefully this makes sense.. lol

• Love 5

I don't believe Tami is ready for Sophia, let alone another wife.  She seems to have gained weight, so she is either pregnant or is eating her feelings.  I can't help but wonder if this was something they spoke about before they got married. 

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I don't believe Tami is ready for Sophia, let alone another wife.  She seems to have gained weight, so she is either pregnant or is eating her feelings.  I can't help but wonder if this was something they spoke about before they got married. 

I agree Winder wife number one does seem on board with any additional wives not even number two!  Always looks unhappy.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Poor Tami is clearly not happy and even admits that she wasn't sure about Sophie but agreed because she felt it was "Gods will" ...Sophie sitting there smugly talking about introducing a third wife made me cringe.

At least Sophie appears to be kind and she's not out to sabotage the first wife.  That makes a HUGE difference.   But I also think that Sophie is oblivious to Tami's feelings.  She just doesn't care.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

At least Sophie appears to be kind and she's not out to sabotage the first wife.  That makes a HUGE difference.   But I also think that Sophie is oblivious to Tami's feelings.  She just doesn't care.

Well, their husband seems oblivious to Tami's feelings as well;  he is creepy.  Their story line seems to be the slowest moving one.  Dimitri has already made an offer to Vanessa,  Mr. Magee has been busy sexting and next week they will be meeting a prospect who won't be adding children, and the Allredges have gone to NYC in search of #3 (or is it #4).  

Does anyone know if Tami grew up in a plural family?  We know Sophie did;  she reminds me of Christine Brown as being a true believer. 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Well, their husband seems oblivious to Tami's feelings as well;  he is creepy.  Their story line seems to be the slowest moving one.  Dimitri has already made an offer to Vanessa,  Mr. Magee has been busy sexting and next week they will be meeting a prospect who won't be adding children, and the Allredges have gone to NYC in search of #3 (or is it #4).  

Does anyone know if Tami grew up in a plural family?  We know Sophie did;  she reminds me of Christine Brown as being a true believer. 

It's been my experience that the husband never cares about the first wife's feelings.  He is going to do what he is "called" to do, and that is that.  If you don't like it - LEARN to like it, because that's the way it's going to be.  It's what God wants.

I don't know about Tami's background.  Not sure it matters, nothing really prepares you for sharing your husband, even if your mother shared your dad.  (For the record, mine did not.)

I guess the Alldredges are searching for #3 since #1 is divorced from him.

• Love 1
On 2/19/2019 at 9:35 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Sophie's mother looked pretty rough, poor thing. And yes, she has the same crescent moon face Robyn has. Sophie bugs the bejesus out of me, she's so smug. Poor little first wife does not have a prayer. Sophie intends to be queen of the roost and will brook no opposition.

17 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I agree Winder wife number one does seem on board with any additional wives not even number two!  Always looks unhappy.

I was getting definite April/Auwawee vibes from them last night!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

Kermit doesn't strike me as a prize.  Have they said how he makes a living, to maintain two homes?

Sophie works full-time too, so I am guessing she helps pay the mortgage and some of the bills.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Kyanight said:

It's been my experience that the husband never cares about the first wife's feelings.  He is going to do what he is "called" to do, and that is that.  If you don't like it - LEARN to like it, because that's the way it's going to be.  It's what God wants.

I don't know about Tami's background.  Not sure it matters, nothing really prepares you for sharing your husband, even if your mother shared your dad.  (For the record, mine did not.)

I guess the Alldredges are searching for #3 since #1 is divorced from him.

Who's divorced???

1 minute ago, Jeanne222 said:

Who's divorced???

Jeff Alldredge.  He was married to wife #1 (Cindy) and they had 8 children.  She left and I am almost positive they are divorced - she is pictured with another man on her FB page. There is an article that says they had been separated for years and their marriage was "dissolving", so I take that to mean divorce.  His second wife is Vanessa and Sharis is the third.

• Love 1

Okay, after this week's episode, I feel really bad for Tami. She seems like the shy girl in the junior high friend group who doesn't speak up for fear of the other two making fun of her behind her back. She also seems to have the most responsibilities. It reminded me of seventh graders wanting to spend their afternoon at the mall, and one of them has to babysit her siblings, but quietly agrees to go so she won't look like a loser. She didn't seem on board with any of this dating site stuff, and I felt bad for her when Kermit and Sophie were having such a blast on the site, and she excused herself in a monotone and left. Kermit doesn't seem to want to notice her body language or tone, and I think Sophie doesn't care, because she feels she gets the short shrift as wife #2 anyway. Plus, while Sophie should make the family as comfortable as she can for Tami, the responsibility really lies with Kermit. He is doing a terrible job of facilitating a harmonious family (the only reason there is any civility is because the wives are civil people anyway), and I can't imagine what would happen if they found a wife who was a true drama queen!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Jeff Alldredge.  He was married to wife #1 (Cindy) and they had 8 children.  She left and I am almost positive they are divorced - she is pictured with another man on her FB page. There is an article that says they had been separated for years and their marriage was "dissolving", so I take that to mean divorce.  His second wife is Vanessa and Sharis is the third.

Oh the secret wife and eight children!  Wow

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 1

Tami looks very sad, deep down, but she's not allowed to be honest because she will be the difficult one. Most of the first wives are probably roped into this crap by their "religious" husbands who decide they need more sex partners & want to look legitimate, in their minds anyway.

Btw, sorry @Scarlett45 - I kept clicking on "The Winders" but somehow landing on you instead - I keep missing the mark for some reason.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Tami looks very sad, deep down, but she's not allowed to be honest because she will be the difficult one. Most of the first wives are probably roped into this crap by their "religious" husbands who decide they need more sex partners & want to look legitimate, in their minds anyway.

Btw, sorry @Scarlett45 - I kept clicking on "The Winders" but somehow landing on you instead - I keep missing the mark for some reason.

That’s weird. You mean my profile? I click on it and it takes me to the YouTube video. 

44 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Sophie is a stealth bitch, a la Robyn Brown.  She can't stand not being the official HBIC.  

But she probably IS the HBIC.   The license doesn't give you anything except protection from the law and possibly state benefits (wouldn't know - didn't cash in on it) so the HBIC can be ANY wife who figuratively "takes the bull by the horns".    Robyn is the HBIC.    Meri wasn't the HBIC because she was the FIRST wife - it's because she's the most demanding!  That's how it works.    Robyn became the HBIC LONG before she was the legal wife - because she had Kody wrapped around her chin.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Kyanight said:

But she probably IS the HBIC.   The license doesn't give you anything except protection from the law and possibly state benefits (wouldn't know - didn't cash in on it) so the HBIC can be ANY wife who figuratively "takes the bull by the horns".    Robyn is the HBIC.    Meri wasn't the HBIC because she was the FIRST wife - it's because she's the most demanding!  That's how it works.    Robyn became the HBIC LONG before she was the legal wife - because she had Kody wrapped around her chin.

Kind of like Adaleen, Nikki's mother on Big Love.  I remember Adaleen saying that she jumped over 5 more timid women to become the HBIC with Roman!

If Robyn keeps lying, her nose is definitely going to meet her chin.  This Sophie woman is creepy.  I'd sleep with one eye open, if I was Tami.  

• Love 1
(edited)
On 2/12/2019 at 1:26 PM, speakingofpolygamy said:

@speakingofpolygamy - So how do you feel about African-Americans? I'm not asking to nitpic or pick a fight, I'm just curious. I'm aware that there are quite of number of polygamous sects that adhere to Brigham Young's teaching that people that are black are the seed of Cain, evil, uncouth, etc. It's all in the church history books. Plus there's the Priesthood Ban (that was disbanded in 1978) due to the Mormon Church's racism. That's one of the reasons why I left the Mainstream Mormon church, because of its racist history and the fact that they try to hide it.

Again, I'm just curious. 

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Love 1
On 2/24/2019 at 11:36 PM, Twopper said:

Tami was Mainstream LDS along with Kermit (who's name I keep forgetting). Sometime after they married Kermit came down with what Brokeback Drew and Jeff Alldredge came down with and "felt the calling" to practice plural marriage. Kermit did talk about his pioneer heritage (when LDS practiced polygamy before it was disbanded in 1890, and the fundamentalist sects began forming beginning in the 1920's).

In one of the previous episodes which featured the saddest, driest church scene, Sophie talks about how Tami and Kermit gave up a lot (their religion, lifestyle, maybe friends and family) for HER. 

Gag.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Tami, like Jeff’s first wife & April, will probably run someday, but most likely not before she wastes her youth spawning tons of Kermit’s kids while ‘welcoming’ several new sister wives.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

@speakingofpolygamy - So how do you feel about African-Americans? I'm not asking to nitpic or pick a fight, I'm just curious. I'm aware that there are quite of number of polygamous sects that adhere to Brigham Young's teaching that people that are black are the see of Cain, evil, uncouth, etc. It's all in the church history books. Plus there's the Priesthood Ban that was disbanded in 1978 due to the Mormon Church's racism. That's one of the reasons why I left the Mainstream Mormon church, because of its racist history and the fact that they try to hide it.

Again, I'm just curious. 

You didn't ask me but we had an African American Bishop in our ward.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

You didn't ask me but we had an African American Bishop in our ward.

Oh, @Kyanight! Sorry!  I'm just catching up with posts (along with the episodes) and I'm just realizing that you had at one point lived the lifestyle. What sect were you a part of?

I knew that there were plenty of groups that had racist tendencies such as the FLDS, Centennial Park (I've read some of Ariel Hammon's words), The Peterson Group/The Righteous Branch of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (I saw the video interview where a member of that group was explaining why). 

In a blog post that covered a visit to the AUB's meetinghouse in Bluffdale, one woman mentioned that they welcome African-Americans; they could get baptized, but they could not receive the Priesthood or get "sealed" due to the AUB's adhering the doctrine from its history.

Sorry if my questions or comments are controversial. It's just a curiosity. 

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
11 minutes ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

Oh, @Kyanight! Sorry!  I'm just catching up with posts (along with the episodes) and I'm just realizing that you had at one point lived the lifestyle. What sect were you a part of?

I knew that there were plenty of groups that had racist tendencies such as the FLDS, Centennial Park (I've read some of Ariel Hammon's words), The Peterson Group/The Righteous Branch of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (I saw the video interview where a member of that group was explaining why). 

In a blog post that covered a visit to the AUB's meetinghouse in Bluffdale, one woman mentioned that they welcome African-American's;they could get baptized, but they could not receive the Priesthood or get "sealed" due to the AUB's adhering the doctrine from its history.

Sorry if my questions or comments are controversial. It's just a curiosity. 

Oh I actually misunderstood - you are talking about FLDS, not mainstream.  Duh.   I have a nasty virus and I've been all over the place today.   I should probably just shut up, lol.   Yes, the FLDS tend to be very seclusive.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Oh I actually misunderstood - you are talking about FLDS, not mainstream.  Duh.   I have a nasty virus and I've been all over the place today.   I should probably just shut up, lol.   Yes, the FLDS tend to be very seclusive.

@Kyanight no worries! I feel like I'm having quite a number of airhead moments because I thought that you grew up in the lifestyle (or that your husband was in it). Sorry if I misunderstood.

Are you still a part of the Mainstream LDS? I should be a little more aware of my "surroundings" when I sound off on its history.