Type keyword(s) to search

The Winders: Kermit/Colton and the Muppets, Sophie and Tami

• Start Topic

(edited)
22 hours ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

@Kyanight no worries! I feel like I'm having quite a number of airhead moments because I thought that you grew up in the lifestyle (or that your husband was in it). Sorry if I misunderstood.

Are you still a part of the Mainstream LDS? I should be a little more aware of my "surroundings" when I sound off on its history. 

I wrote out a big long drawn-out (boring) reply and then a day later decided it really didn't belong on this board.  This is the Winder's thread.   Trust me, it wasn't that interesting.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 1
On 2/26/2019 at 9:49 PM, Meowwww said:

So.  I was on a flight today.  The pilot came on and sounded JUST LIKE Kermit I mean Colton Winder.  I even lingered slowly on my way out to see, but it wasn’t him   

He sounds exactly like Jack McBrayer in Forgetting Sarah Marshall...or anything Jack McBrayer is in. It drives me bonkers!

On 2/12/2019 at 10:29 AM, Kyanight said:

I think that is mainly a Utah/small town prejudice.

Prejudice in what sense? They are allowed to live in the open, allowed to wander around hoping to shock a few townspeople, but I didn't see any outright prejudice. If I lived there, I would merely avoid any 'husband actively looking for a 3rd wife' when he can't seem to go forth and multiply with the two he has. Cool your jets, you aren't needing to be accepted into that perfect heaven yet. I do not like this family and I do not trust their true intentions, so does that make me prejudiced or guarded?

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I wrote out a big long drawn-out (boring) reply and then a day later decided it really didn't belong on this board.  This is the Winder's thread.   Trust me, it wasn't that interesting.

Hi @Kyanight - I was able to read your post before it was taken down. I do appreciate your sharing your story and your experience in the group (for lack of a better word) that you were in. 

I hope that the virus you've been sick with is dissipating. 🙂

• Love 1

I really feel religion and not the more earthly pleasures of the flesh are what is driving Colton. Think about it, he manages to snag what seems to me at any rate to be a nice, attractive, loving first wife in Tami, and then begins the process of jeopardizing what could be a great traditional marriage by adding Sophie to the mix? Now if Sophie was his first wife and then he added Tami, I could start snickering and thinking snide comments like, how convenient but in cases where  the first wife seems a good catch in terms of personality, appearance, temprement (like April Briney as well) and then the husband still is looking for more wives, I'm inclined to think that more than just sexual desire is going on, and however misguided and fraught with potential marriage destroying risks this quest may be, it does have some sincere religious motivation driving it.

• Love 4

@Kyanight I’m sorry I missed your post but completely understand why you are selective about what you choose to share and not share.  I am lost sometimes by the Aldredges and Winders who are making choices based on a belief system I have little knowledge of so appreciate when the members here add context through their explanations.   Hope you are feeling better soon.

Just now, Booger666 said:

@Kyanight I’m sorry I missed your post but completely understand why you are selective about what you choose to share and not share.  I am lost sometimes by the Aldredges and Winders who are making choices based on a belief system I have little knowledge of so appreciate when the members here add context through their explanations.   Hope you are feeling better soon.

Thanks!!  I got a "z-pack"  and I am like a totally new person!  Amazing how effective they can be when you (think you) are dying!  lol         I just got really wordy with my post and then felt guilty because this board is supposed to be about the Winders who all LOVE polygamy right now and I'm just not a fan!  😄

But I'm a fan of this crazy train wreck of a show!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Kyanight, I too appreciate your perspective, because you know about the polygamist life firsthand.

It's interesting to me, just because it's so different from anything I grew up with.  I watch shows about Scientology for the same reason.  

The Winders:  did Kermit get a revelation from God when he was already married?  I know good & well that I would have divorced if that had happened to me.  Nope, the sister wife thing would be nothing I would want.  

• Love 3

When Kermit and Sophie were talking to the potential wife, they asked her about being filmed and on TV, and she was not sure she was comfortable with that.  I noticed that someone, I think Tami, referred to what they were doing as "making a documentary."  I wonder if they know what a reality show is, and if they feel betrayed (well, of course they do---all the folks who appear on these shows feel betrayed).

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

When Kermit and Sophie were talking to the potential wife, they asked her about being filmed and on TV, and she was not sure she was comfortable with that.  I noticed that someone, I think Tami, referred to what they were doing as "making a documentary."  I wonder if they know what a reality show is, and if they feel betrayed (well, of course they do---all the folks who appear on these shows feel betrayed).

That was the most interesting scene!!  The cameras showed Tami's eyes looking to the producer, wanting to ask the question but not knowing if she could since they were being filmed.  Her eyes look away from the producer and it was THEN that the producer stepped forward and started to interact with them and one camera showed another camera man.  I like it when they acknowledge the film crew.  Too often the audience forgets that there IS a film crew actually there, and just assume we are privy to private conversations or something. 

Like when Ashley was having lunch with her mother and Dimitri and Vanessa "surprised" her.  Um.... come ON people, Ashley and her mother KNEW something was up (no surprise!) because the CAMERA CREW was there with them BEFORE Dimitri and Vanessa walked into the restaurant.  Camera crews don't just follow the average Joe Blows around town and film them eating lunch. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Kyanight said:

That was the most interesting scene!!  The cameras showed Tami's eyes looking to the producer, wanting to ask the question but not knowing if she could since they were being filmed.  Her eyes look away from the producer and it was THEN that the producer stepped forward and started to interact with them and one camera showed another camera man.  I like it when they acknowledge the film crew.  Too often the audience forgets that there IS a film crew actually there, and just assume we are privy to private conversations or something. 

Like when Ashley was having lunch with her mother and Dimitri and Vanessa "surprised" her.  Um.... come ON people, Ashley and her mother KNEW something was up (no surprise!) because the CAMERA CREW was there with them BEFORE Dimitri and Vanessa walked into the restaurant.  Camera crews don't just follow the average Joe Blows around town and film them eating lunch. 

I cut the Snowden scene a bit of slack because it very well could've been that they just wanted to show Ashley and Mom having some quality time together - but I'm guessing the conversation was too mundane because Mom did say she was feeling like something else must be afoot after Dimitri and Vanessa finally showed up.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, LisaWl7TR said:

The Winder's requested to follow me on Instagram. 

I accepted and followed back and then I wondered should I? It seems they don't have a lot of followers and are reaching out. 

Are you looking for a husband?

• LOL 9
On 3/4/2019 at 11:23 AM, xwordfanatik said:

Sophie is a stealth bitch, a la Robyn Brown.  She can't stand not being the official HBIC.  

There is nothing stealth about Sophie. She's right out in the open. Tami does not  have the wherewithal to deal with it and will be squashed like a bug.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

There is nothing stealth about Sophie. She's right out in the open. Tami does not  have the wherewithal to deal with it and will be squashed like a bug.

Sophie's mom seemed super easygoing and professed to loving being a sister wife. It seems she has the attitude and temperment needed to make it work. Perhaps Sophie is in the same vein - not very jealous and just happy to have another member of the family. 

I'm not sure about Tami, she's hard to read. She doesn't seem all that happy, but maybe that is just her personality? I know 100% for sure that I couldn't do it!

Edited by Gothish520
typo
  • Love 1

Tami was already married to Howdy Doody when he suddenly felt "called" to add a couple of wives. I think she's squashing her feelings and trying to "keep sweet", but I don't think she's happy at all. Sophie is a much stronger personality, she's very pro polygamy. She's already the spokesperson of the family, backing up Howdy Doody's every pronouncement. She's actively looking for a third wife. She thought of putting up an online profile. She smirks about how she and Howdy Doody spend most of their time in the bedroom when its her turn with his celestial dick. I don't see much interaction between her and Tami.

And I'm sorry, I think most of these women who say they loved this lifestyle and adored their sister wives are suffering from Stockholm syndrome. What are they going to do, say they regret it? Say they wish they'd never done it? They'd probably feel like they've been made fools of; that would have to be very hard to admit. Look at Kody and his crew. Every one of them is miserable in her own way.

• Love 10

I think Tami is a mouse...and thinks Kermit is the cat's meow...

Sophie is a bully and what she wants --she gets....Kermit better watch out -she is not going to take middle wifedom well.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TMI said:

Sophie is a bully and what she wants --she gets....Kermit better watch out -she is not going to take middle wifedom well.

Sophie may be into being a sister wife more than Tami, but that doesnt make her a bully. She hasn't said a mean word to Tami or done anything wrong that I've seen. If Tami is unhappy then she needs to speak up. Sophie chose to be with the Winders and live the lifestyle, so I can't fault her actually embracing it.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I think you are right, now that I think about it.  Sophie is an alpha female, and Tami isn't.  I do think that's what Robyn Brown is, and did.

• Love 3
On 3/7/2019 at 9:56 AM, rob in cal said:

I really feel religion and not the more earthly pleasures of the flesh are what is driving Colton. Think about it, he manages to snag what seems to me at any rate to be a nice, attractive, loving first wife in Tami, ......and however misguided and fraught with potential marriage destroying risks this quest may be, it does have some sincere religious motivation driving it.

I don't see it as being 'earthly pleasures' because I don't see him as being very sexual. It does annoy me that polygamy is directed towards the men and their achievements in the afterlife being contingent on have 3+ wives and children. For these women to feel they are being useful, they need kids - lots of them.  He needs to focus on just being a husband, first and foremost, before advertising for another wife. I just don't see that with him. Also, they may just be putting on a show for money because why would they even consider a woman who doesn't share the faith?

• Love 2
On 4/2/2019 at 9:50 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

And I'm sorry, I think most of these women who say they loved this lifestyle and adored their sister wives are suffering from Stockholm syndrome. What are they going to do, say they regret it? Say they wish they'd never done it? They'd probably feel like they've been made fools of; that would have to be very hard to admit. Look at Kody and his crew. Every one of them is miserable in her own way.

Agree, agree, agree. Thank you for posting.

On 4/2/2019 at 9:13 AM, Gothish520 said:

Sophie's mom seemed super easygoing and professed to loving being a sister wife. It seems she has the attitude and temperment needed to make it work.

Sophie's mom looked old before her time and worked to death. She has a lovely, caring personality. But I don't believe for a moment she was ever allowed to be anyone unique, or with an opinion that wasn't male dictated.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 2/12/2019 at 10:26 AM, speakingofpolygamy said:

Amazing, but true.  Homosexuals and blacks, two groups that used to be so marginalized, are now widely accepted, but polygamists still aren't.  We're one of the last minority groups that the general public is still allowed to reject.  

Too be fair, it's not illegal to be black, and no longer illegal to be homosexual. Both are also not choices. Your lifestyle is both a choice and illegal. I also wouldn't refer to polygamy as a 'minority'.

• Love 10
On 4/2/2019 at 12:04 PM, TMI said:

She will take it just fine.  The ORDER doesn't matter whatsoever - it's the wife's personality that dominates.  She could be the fifth wife but if she is more forceful and demanding than the previous four wives she is number one.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Chalby said:

Agree, agree, agree. Thank you for posting.

Sophie's mom looked old before her time and worked to death. She has a lovely, caring personality. But I don't believe for a moment she was ever allowed to be anyone unique, or with an opinion that wasn't male dictated.

Well she is DEFINITELY unique NOW - her husband has been dead for 13 years and she is into crystals and spiritualism and retreats and whatnot.  She does what she wants and is happy but really misses her husband and she's still VERY close to her other sister wife.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 4/5/2019 at 6:17 AM, Kyanight said:

Well she is DEFINITELY unique NOW - her husband has been dead for 13 years and she is into crystals and spiritualism and retreats and whatnot.  She does what she wants and is happy but really misses her husband and she's still VERY close to her other sister wife.

Wow - I would love to hear how her path progressed from subservient sister wife to independent crystal champion. Were the wives left with money to survive? Your news has made me happy as I have learned not all of her life was hard work.

14 hours ago, Chalby said:

Wow - I would love to hear how her path progressed from subservient sister wife to independent crystal champion. Were the wives left with money to survive? Your news has made me happy as I have learned not all of her life was hard work.

Well she ended up going to prison for tax fraud and her husband died in prison. She owes more than $200,000 in restitution, I believe.  She said that prison was not that bad, and I believe it's because she has a really positive outlook/demeanor and she's really nice to people.  

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/former-heber-city-utah-resident-sentenced-prison-filing-false-claims-tax-refunds

Former Heber City, Utah, Resident Sentenced to Prison for Filing False Claims for Tax Refunds

The Justice Department and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) announced that April J. Rampton, 42, formerly of Heber City, Utah, was sentenced today to 21 months in prison for filing false claims for income tax refunds.  U.S. District Judge Dee Benson also ordered Rampton to pay $230,678.36 in restitution to the IRS and to serve three years of supervised release upon her release from prison. 

Rampton was convicted at trial in December 2012 of nine counts of filing false claims for refund.  According to the indictment and the proof at trial, in July 2011, Rampton filed a false individual income tax return, based on false Forms 1099-OID, which sought a refund of more than $225,000.  On these false Forms 1099-OID, Rampton listed items of debt, such as her home mortgage and credit cards, as if the bank or loan holder had withheld the entire amount of her debt as a federal income tax payment.  Rampton received a refund check from the IRS, photocopied the check, and showed it to friends and family members. Rampton then began preparing returns for friends, family members, acquaintances and strangers, all using false Forms 1099-OID that sought tax refunds corresponding to their debts.

This case was investigated by IRS-Criminal Investigation and prosecuted by Trial Attorneys Michael Romano and Stuart Wexler of the Justice Department’s Tax Division. 

Edited by Kyanight
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

After reading the other couple threads I think Colton is a Prince.

IKR! It's amazing how my complete hatred of GarrICK and my "I need a bath feeling" after seeing Sid and my "felony waiting to happen" feelings with the King and his Tribe make me love Colton.....

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

MOUNTAINS IN EASTERN NC? Um, no. I am from eastern NC, and there's not even an anthill out here. The nearest hill is 300 miles west. This stupid twat is not from NC.

• Love 2
On 4/25/2019 at 1:07 PM, Kyanight said:

Well she ended up going to prison for tax fraud and her husband died in prison. She owes more than $200,000 in restitution, I believe.  She said that prison was not that bad, and I believe it's because she has a really positive outlook/demeanor and she's really nice to people.  

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/former-heber-city-utah-resident-sentenced-prison-filing-false-claims-tax-refunds

Former Heber City, Utah, Resident Sentenced to Prison for Filing False Claims for Tax Refunds

The Justice Department and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) announced that April J. Rampton, 42, formerly of Heber City, Utah, was sentenced today to 21 months in prison for filing false claims for income tax refunds.  U.S. District Judge Dee Benson also ordered Rampton to pay $230,678.36 in restitution to the IRS and to serve three years of supervised release upon her release from prison. 

Rampton was convicted at trial in December 2012 of nine counts of filing false claims for refund.  According to the indictment and the proof at trial, in July 2011, Rampton filed a false individual income tax return, based on false Forms 1099-OID, which sought a refund of more than $225,000.  On these false Forms 1099-OID, Rampton listed items of debt, such as her home mortgage and credit cards, as if the bank or loan holder had withheld the entire amount of her debt as a federal income tax payment.  Rampton received a refund check from the IRS, photocopied the check, and showed it to friends and family members. Rampton then began preparing returns for friends, family members, acquaintances and strangers, all using false Forms 1099-OID that sought tax refunds corresponding to their debts.

This case was investigated by IRS-Criminal Investigation and prosecuted by Trial Attorneys Michael Romano and Stuart Wexler of the Justice Department’s Tax Division. 

Thank you for this info.

I have read about a variety of scams the polygamists attempt either thru government assistance, taxation, or religious exempts.

But surely it is the height of injustice if a sister wife is saddled with debt and jail for being stuck in a situation where she had to obey - or was she running the scam?

Serious question - why does everyone think Sophie is a bitch? I'm probably naïve and I tend to think better of people until they prove me wrong but I'm not seeing anything that makes me think that? 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, waterytart said:

Serious question - why does everyone think Sophie is a bitch? I'm probably naïve and I tend to think better of people until they prove me wrong but I'm not seeing anything that makes me think that? 

I think it's because last season she seemed to be the alpha wife, even though she's #2.  And also Tammi did not seem as happy about their relationship last season.

• Love 4