Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Holly's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, aliya said:

'Evening, Pounders. A little late to the show because I was making dinner - To eat while I watch My 600 lb Life. At least it's vegetarian...  I  can't believe her parents just let her get so big so young. They should be ashamed. I think Prader-Willi has other presentations that I don't see in her, but I wonder if there is some other disease that give people such an appetite? She seems to have had quite an appetite from a very young age; a little different from our usual obesees.  

Side note - it's -18 w/a -39 windchill, down from -48. What's it like where you are? 

Even though we cancelled classes and a lot of staff like myself worked from home, a student was found dead behind a building on campus. Alcohol was not involved, so I wonder what possessed this poor kid to go outside when the school was begging people to stay in?

OMG, how tragic that someone died out there. We just got brushed by that front here and didn't get the deep freeze temps. Sending you good wishes that the power stays on and the weather warms up soon.

Interesting about Prader-Willi. I've seen some shows about it but don't remember much detail.

1 minute ago, aliya said:

Side note - it's -18 w/a -39 windchill, down from -48. What's it like where you are? 

Even though we cancelled classes and a lot of staff like myself worked from home, a student was found dead behind a building on campus. Alcohol was not involved, so I wonder what possessed this poor kid to go outside when the school was begging people to stay in?

It's a balmy 2 degrees here, with a windchill of only -10!

That's really sad.  Did your school have classes today?

• Love 2
Just now, Snarkastikate said:

No I don't think so in regards to the prader-willie syndrome.  My cousins son has that and had some congenital mental defects that I think go along with it.  It's a horrible thing, he would eat inedible things and even rummage in the neighbors trash.  He's in a group home under constant supervision now that he's older.  Doing pretty well.  

Eating inedible things is actually called PICA. My autistic son has that. It’s not a part of prader willie per se

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

Oh my, Aliya, how horrible 

6 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Omg page 4 already! 

Bedtime took for freaking ever tonight. I’m just starting, but pee pads on the floor? Geez. 

What? I was in the kitchen and must have missed this. They just let her pee on the floor??????

• Love 2

It's a 12 hour drive and they stopped after 2 hours?  Wow.  This is going to be a looong trip.

With that said, I do feel some sympathy for the car trips.  It was really uncomfortable for me to make long trips when I was pregnant with my twins, and I wasn't nearly as big as these people are.

• Love 9

Nothing in life means anything to her except FOOD.  Once again said it's the only joy and happiness in her life.  This is one mentally ill woman.  Truly physically challenged people would be angry that she's wasting her life, a life they would love to have a chance to lead.  I'm just angry, she's horrible.  

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, aliya said:

'Evening, Pounders. A little late to the show because I was making dinner - To eat while I watch My 600 lb Life. At least it's vegetarian...  I  can't believe her parents just let her get so big so young. They should be ashamed. I think Prader-Willi has other presentations that I don't see in her, but I wonder if there is some other disease that give people such an appetite? She seems to have had quite an appetite from a very young age; a little different from our usual obesees.  

How horrible.  There have been a few older men die after snow removal, but nothing like that.

1 minute ago, aliya said:

'Evening, Pounders. A little late to the show because I was making dinner - To eat while I watch My 600 lb Life. At least it's vegetarian...  I  can't believe her parents just let her get so big so young. They should be ashamed. I think Prader-Willi has other presentations 

Even though we cancelled classes and a lot of staff like myself worked from home, a student was found dead behind a building on campus. Alcohol was not involved, so I L

2 minutes ago, aliya said:

Good Lord. It was -38 here this morning with a wind chill of -58.  It's a balmy -17 now. -37 wind chill. That's horrible about the kid. Wow. Maybe it was a challenge thing? 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, aliya said:

Weather here is -5, -31 wind chill. Never seen temps like this before.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

As much as she eats you would think she would literally bust a gut or get sick from it

She did bust through her staples. That should count for something

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Kid said:

God, why doesn’t he dump her on the side of the road and drive away.  Frankly,  I don’t know how much of her I can take. 

He obviously needs her to define his role as a care-giving enabler, and, eventually, mournful widowed partner (even though they're not married)

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

Don’t these people break the bed springs in these motels

I often wonder about the desk clerks at the motels...what do you think they are thinking when they glance out the window and see the Poundticipant being helped out of the lopsided car/U-haul cargo area?

Edited by LizzyB
fixed spelling!
  • Love 13
12 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

OMG

I feel like puking.

So, what happens for instance at Thanksgiving?   One entire dinner for 12 for her, then another for the other 12 individuals?

Please pick up your gas soaked undies by the door please! (love it)

Edited by hoosiermom
damn spell check
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

Nothing in life means anything to her except FOOD.  Once again said it's the only joy and happiness in her life.  This is one mentally ill woman.  Truly physically challenged people would be angry that she's wasting her life, a life they would love to have a chance to lead.  I'm just angry, she's horrible. 

It is selfish to get that big and have people wait on you

• Love 12
Just now, DEG9 said:

He obviously needs her to define his role as a care-giving enabler, and, eventually, mournful widowed partner (even though they're not married)

He'll propose in the final scene. You saw it here first. 

I'm guessing 661 for weight. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, CringeWatcher said:

It’s a balmy 30 degrees here. Don’t know about the windchill, other than it’s chilly.  I don’t know how some of y’all do if. I cannot fathom 40 below.

30 above?  It's colder than that in my garage.  

• Love 6

I’m snuggled up in bed watching this, listening to the wind, knowing I will be out in -15 wind chill in the morning as I take care of my horses. At least I’ll be too frozen to eat 3 breakfasts and then brunch

• Love 15
1 minute ago, ShortyMac said:

Weather here is -5, -31 wind chill. Never seen temps like this before.

It was -19 real temp when I left work yesterday. Had it not been for the wind, I would have stayed outside of the bus shelter, but it finally got to me. Fingers were tingling, though, even with gloves. 

• Love 5