Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Holly's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

After one failed weight loss surgery, now Holly must do more than chnage her eating habits. She must address the childhood issues that continue to plague her.

This is the LIVE CHAT thread for Holly's story.   It will be open during the US East Coast showing and again for the US West Coast showing for your snarking pleasure. 

Original air date 2019.01.30

Please let Holly's childhood story have to do with her father who was a high school chemistry teacher until he was diagnosed with lung cancer.   Then he started manufacturing meth, becoming the infamous cook Heisenberg. Is that too much to ask?

• Love 12

A reminder from the Mod note: Let's avoid discussing how money is being snatched from the public's wallet for the participants unless it’s specifically revealed on the show. Anything else is pure speculation not to mention also a slippery slope toward talking politics.

Hi all! Last night I had it in my head that it was Wednesday and was so disappointed to turn on TLC and find Twitney. Sigh.

My eating habit tonight is something akin to a potato-corn chowder sorta thing...really it's just mashed potatoes mixed with creamed corn, too much butter, a bit of salt and lots of black pepper. Definitely comfort food but it's warm and gooey and tonight's low is supposed to be 2 degrees (which I realize anyone in the midwest is laughing at right now, but still, I'm cold). My furnace is definitely working overtime tonight.

Quoting myself from the Small Talk thread; I wonder if tonight's subject will be a sea otter with her own "rustic dining table"...trying to think of a good animal comparison for the the lying-on-your-stomach-to-eat posture but I'm coming up blank...

23 hours ago, ams1001 said:

By the way, I think some of the pounders are actually large sea otters. Note (un)scientific name for the belly region.

DyGDhkjUUAAwLJK.jpg:large

(From Oregon Coast Aquarium on Twitter, #UnScienceAnAnimal)

• Love 8
1 minute ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Nicodemus von Wittykitty has decided he'd rather hunt dust bunnies than be a pounder this evening...

Sorry, guys!

DustBunnies.jpg.3415d4fa9dd46bd492c6a1cb2cb89c06.jpg

Gonna miss him!!

• Love 2

I’ll be late watching as I’m on my way home from dinner. This train better not start wrecking for the next 15 minutes! 

Just now, Miracle Maxie said:

How y’all doin’? Tonight’s eating habit was pulled pork quesadillas. Is it wrong that I kinda want a train wreck tonight?

I wanting that is wrong, I don't want to be right.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

Hi all! Last night I had it in my head that it was Wednesday and was so disappointed to turn on TLC and find Twitney. Sigh.

My eating habit tonight is something akin to a potato-corn chowder sorta thing...really it's just mashed potatoes mixed with creamed corn, too much butter, a bit of salt and lots of black pepper. Definitely comfort food but it's warm and gooey and tonight's low is supposed to be 2 degrees (which I realize anyone in the midwest is laughing at right now, but still, I'm cold). My furnace is definitely working overtime tonight.

Quoting myself from the Small Talk thread; I wonder if tonight's subject will be a sea otter with her own "rustic dining table"...trying to think of a good animal comparison for the the lying-on-your-stomach-to-eat posture but I'm coming up blank...

That sounds really good.

A lot of lizards eat like that though I suppose they dont use their “hands”

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Miracle Maxie said:

How y’all doin’? Tonight’s eating habit was pulled pork quesadillas. Is it wrong that I kinda want a train wreck tonight?

I think you're going to get one...

• Love 2

Hi Pounder Pals! My eating habit tonight will eventually be a ny strip steak, baked potato and either broccoli or a salad. So Holly has a fiance? Of course she does.............. 😕

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Typo.
  • Love 12

Hi Pounders! How are y'all doing tonight? We're freezing our asses off here in North Dakota. We had a morning low of -38 with wind chills of -56. No school, no mail today. It's warmed up to -18.  My eating habit was goulash and fresh hot homemade bread. Hot comfort food. 

I hope this is a trainwreck tonight. 

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Nicodemus von Wittykitty has decided he'd rather hunt dust bunnies than be a pounder this evening...

Sorry, guys!

DustBunnies.jpg.3415d4fa9dd46bd492c6a1cb2cb89c06.jpg

He could really make a killing if he wants to come visit me!

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Hi everyone! I’ve been home all day because if the polar vortex. I made sure to watch my “eating habit” since I was chilling out and not moving much. 

I did the opposite.  So I could have the oven on and make the downstairs warm,  I made brownies this morning, and lasagne for supper.  Dr. Now would not approve!!!!  

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

I notice now they have added a toilet scene, the bathing scene is bad enough. ACK!

I think the bathroom scene is the new “let’s watch the obese person navigate the grocery store” scene. It’s cheaper and easier for them to film since it requires no permit and the outcome is the same: rubbernecking. 

Thanks to the Polar Vortex, I’ve been a hermit all week and it lets me be on time to chat with all my pounder friends! Wooot!

tonights Dinner = black bean and rice burritos washed down by Blue Moon. Considering a brandy slush to accompany the show. 🍹

• Love 8