Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Holly's Story

• Start Topic

A reminder from the Mod note: Let's avoid discussing how money is being snatched from the public's wallet for the participants unless it’s specifically revealed on the show. Anything else is pure speculation not to mention also a slippery slope toward talking politics.

Watching this On Demand now. 5 minutes into it, I am truly already floored. #1 - she ate a 10,000 calories breakfast and then said she was still so hungry right afterward, they went out to pick up "brunch" which consisted of another 10,000 calories of fried junk fast food. WTF? She put her empty plate in the sink and then immediately left the house to go get more crap? #2 - she said something along the lines of "I think I may be addicted to food". #3 - she weighed 350 at 14 years old?!!!!!!!! Not a single adult in her life noticed this/was concerned about this? And @NeitherSparky, the tongue darting in and out of her mouth between forkfuls is enough to make me puke. 

• Love 14

I was astounded by the amount of food Holly could eat. That isn’t normal. Since she was this way since childhood it Is possible there’s more going on medically. I don’t think it’s entirely a psychological issue. 

Also, Holly facial expressions, and childlike demeanor reminded me of the snotty nosed kid in Bad Santa. All she needed was blonde curly hair!

B9885D06-2CA9-43DD-B454-80C074630E01.jpeg

5 hours ago, Chilly said:

Ray makes my skin crawl. Watching him feed her and smile creepily when he says "if  she eats anymore, she'll die."  Makes me feel like I need a shower. Gross. 

Did you see the ginormous slices of bread Ray used for his sandwich? He has a problem with food too. He’s just not eating nearly as much of it as Holly was. 

• Love 17
33 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

I was astounded by the amount of food Holly could eat. That isn’t normal.

I am amazed that her body didn't forcefully try to reject the food via throwing up after watching how much she ate in such a short period of time. She ate enough food for at least 8-10 people within an hour in both scenes they showed - breakfast and dinner. We have seen some people put away food big time on this show but nothing anywhere near this girl. 

Good Lord, did she really say that they just moved so they haven't had the time/money to buy groceries so they have been getting take-out junk food (several times) every day? If you have time and money to order (crap) food, you have time and money to go to the damn grocery store. 

Edited by Hannah94
  • Love 17

She told Dr. Now about her dainty breakfast of cereal, toast and sugar free jam then said she ate lunch four hours later. She left out a word there- she meant to say she ate forfour hours until lunch.

You knew there were going to be problems when she didn't tell Dr. Now how she eats two huge breakfasts and two huge dinners and 5,000 snacks in between. Most of the people on this show try to lie by generalization (I eat a lot, but don't give specifics), but she just LIED. 

And what was up with all the close-up shots of her eating? I haven't noticed that in previous episodes. They kept zooming in, like to emphasize how she can't stop eating. It was overkill.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

I am amazed that her body didn't forcefully try to reject the food via throwing up after watching how much she ate in such a short period of time. She ate enough food for at least 8-10 people within an hour in both scenes they showed - breakfast and dinner. We have seen some people put away food big time on this show but nothing anywhere near this girl. 

Good Lord, did she really say that they just moved so they haven't had the time/money to buy groceries so they have been getting take-out junk food (several times) every day? If you have time and money to order (crap) food, you have time and money to go to the damn grocery store. 

I really thought she would burst eating that much food. My gosh! My stomach hurt watching that.

• Love 5

I'm sure the revealing the sexual assault to the mother was actually done off of the camera, and the 'live' reveal was probably anything but live, but I didn't see the mother being really shocked, or even all that upset about the news.       I'm wondering if she knew already, or as Holly thought all of those years ago, they blamed her.     That was a very low key reaction by the mother.

I think Holly eats like she does because she always has eaten that way, and between the parents, and the fiance, she has three total enablers to help her keep eating.     I see zero chance that she will keep the weight off, and really think she will eat through her WLS again.     You don't blast out your staples the way she did without a hard core commitment to doing that.     I also think Ray is a chubby chaser, and if she loses a bunch more, before she regains, he will be gone.     The mother and Ray should have asked Dr. Now about a family discount, because that were huge, and Ray looked like he gained even more after moving to Houston.  The only reason he said he would marry her when she lost all of the weight was because he knows she won't lose and keep it off.   He could have married her at any time apparently, so there was no reason to delay getting married for some goal that he was positive she will never reach. 

• Love 12

Well I learned something new from this episode.  Dr. Now was remarking on the size of her fiance and her mom, and said that they were probably using Holly being hungry as an excuse so they could overeat with her.  I have never heard of that before, but it makes sense.

7 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

I was astounded by the amount of food Holly could eat. That isn’t normal. Since she was this way since childhood it Is possible there’s more going on medically. I don’t think it’s entirely a psychological issue. 

2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder if they check her for Prader-Willi Syndrome.  With the degree of uncontrollable hunger that she has, I'd wonder if there is something neurological. 

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/prader-willi-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20355997

I don't know about the other symptoms, but given that weird thing she does with sticking out her tongue when eating, one of the symptoms listed for P-W Syndrome was a poor sucking reflex as an infant.  So maybe that tongue thing is a method she used to compensate. 

• Love 7

In a land of few rules there is a big one that a few people have seen fit to violate.  We do not tolerate racism.  This includes using pidgin English or other forms of language to mock the way certain ethnicities supposedly pronounce things. Any mocking pseudo spellings of egg roll or any other such items will earn you a warning. Taken to an extreme, it may well earn you a seat on the bus out of here, with or without gasoline soaked drawers.  Questions?  Ask your Mods, @PrincessPurrsALot and @frenchtoast 

• Love 4

Well I learned something new from this episode.  Dr. Now was remarking on the size of her fiance and her mom, and said that they were probably using Holly being hungry as an excuse so they could overeat with her.  I have never heard of that before, but it makes sense.

I have always thought that. The caregiver who is also morbidly obese, enjoys eating as well. And since they are not 600 plus pounds, they don't think they are that bad. I mean her mom and her husband were both heading for heart attacks. Also Justin's mom last week, I think she didn't want to move to Houston, because SHE wanted to keep eating. She was huge.  Sometimes there is a skinny partner, but usually the enabler eats all the junk food too. 

(quote not working so I used italics)

Edited by calpurnia99
  • Love 7

I think Holly was taught from infancy to eat the way she does.     The patients on this show don't taste or savor their food, they just shovel it in as fast as possible.         I doubt she's ever actually enjoyed any meal in her entire life, she just goes for as much food as she can gulp down.      The way her mother did eight hamburger patties, with greasy gravy on top, all of the potatoes and everything else that went with it showed exactly how she's been fed her entire life, and how she learned to eat.    

Ray is such a chubby chaser, and a feeder, and if Holly ever does lose weight, then he'll find another excuse to avoid marrying her.     The fact that he was shoveling so much food into her, and bringing home huge midnight dinners, shows me that he doesn't want her healthy, or a decent weight for her health, and will never marry her.   If he truly wanted to marry her, it would have taken a quick trip to the local city hall, get a license, and have a judge marry you.     It doesn't require an expensive wedding to marry, especially since it's a second wedding for Holly, and many conservative religions don't advocate splash wedding for second marriages.   

I think (I could certainly be wrong), that Ray and Holly lived together, and then the two moved in with her parents so she wouldn't be left alone while Ray was at work.      It was the same house when she went back to Ellijay, GA (I love that town name for some reason) to talk to her mother, and they took the dog back too.   It was the family dog that went to Houston with them, and it belonged to Holly's parents.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 10

I admit, I had to eat dinner at eight o'clock last night and I was ravenous (homemade salmon tacos!), so I did some shoveling of the food into my mouth, but I can't imagine eating food like Holly does ALL the time. If she could inhale it she would have. Slow down, enjoy it!

Edited by cpcathy
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

I admit, I had to eat dinner at eight o'clock last night and I was ravenous (homemade salmon tacos!), so I did some shoveling of the food into my mouth, but I can't imagine eating food like Holly does ALL the time. If she could inhale it she would have. Slow down, enjoy it!

And salmon tacos sound good! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder if they check her for Prader-Willi Syndrome.  With the degree of uncontrollable hunger that she has, I'd wonder if there is something neurological. 

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/prader-willi-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20355997

I wondered about something like that too.  The way her parents talked about her when she was a toddler eating constantly.  Usually they tell you not to worry about overfeeding babies/toddlers, because they self-regulate, and only eat when they're hungry.

2 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Except for the continuous eating, she has none of the physical characteristics or mental disabilities that people with Prader Wlli have.

There are other neurological issues that can cause a lack of satiety, though.  

• Love 4

Sometimes there's too much either/or thinking with this show. Did Holly have emotional problems? Oh yeah. But did she also have some kind of neurological or endocrine disorder that dysregulated her appetite? Probably also yeah. And then the emotional problems were compounded by the physical problems, and the physical problems got worse with the overfeeding, and pretty soon you've got a vicious downward spiral.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Except for the continuous eating, she has none of the physical characteristics or mental disabilities that people with Prader Wlli have.

She doesn't quite seem quite all there mentally, though. The way she speaks and how her face looks, it sounds like she has trouble comprehending basic information. When her mom was asking her how many hamburgers she wanted, her eyes were half closed and it looked like she was thinking way too hard about that lol.

I also thought it was interesting when her mom was saying goodbye, Holly was looking at her like a toddler looks at their mom when being dropped off at their first day of preschool. She's very child like.

• Love 13

Why on earth do they not replay tape when people are lying about their food intake to Dr. Now? That would make my day! I would love to see their faces when they are busted. I would also like to know which school gave a diploma to someone who doesn’t know the proper use of “I” and “me”. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Me too!  It also could be why Ray was "less affectionate" - I thought it was that after wiping the bum he was done, but apparently he'll do that happily in return for an eating companion!  Who knew?

27 minutes ago, sara1025 said:

She doesn't quite seem quite all there mentally, though. The way she speaks and how her face looks, it sounds like she has trouble comprehending basic information. When her mom was asking her how many hamburgers she wanted, her eyes were half closed and it looked like she was thinking way too hard about that lol.

I also thought it was interesting when her mom was saying goodbye, Holly was looking at her like a toddler looks at their mom when being dropped off at their first day of preschool. She's very child like.

I am in agreement with Dr. Now that she acts like that to get people to take care of her.  At this point it's probably subconscious but that's how she's learned to act and it seems to be working for her.  Those parents kissing her ass were hardly the mean, strict parents we had heard about.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, princelina said:

Those parents kissing her ass were hardly the mean, strict parents we had heard about.

Which is why I always take with a grain of salt some of the stories about childhood that purport to legitimize the overeating, such as "My parents never were proud of me" or "My sister was the favorite."  Those are often perception-based...and then we find out that the sister thought the other child was the favorite, or the parents were very proud but missed one award ceremony due to some legit reason.  I'm not saying none of the difficult childhood stories are true, but I am saying that viewing through the lens of childhood and other existing problems may have warped the perception of home-life in some cases. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Which is why I always take with a grain of salt some of the stories about childhood that purport to legitimize the overeating, such as "My parents never were proud of me" or "My sister was the favorite."  Those are often perception-based...and then we find out that the sister thought the other child was the favorite, or the parents were very proud but missed one award ceremony due to some legit reason.  I'm not saying none of the difficult childhood stories are true, but I am saying that viewing through the lens of childhood and other existing problems may have warped the perception of home-life in some cases. 

Overindulgence is its own form of abuse.  Holly's parents don't overfeed her because they love her; they do it because it makes them feel better and/or because it's easier than dealing with Holly's fallout when they don't feed her.  While Holly's mother seems nice, that doesn't mean much to me.  Ted Bundy seemed nice and traded on that to get his victims, but we know he wasn't good.  It'd be interesting to know more about how Holly's brother fared.  

Edited by readheaded
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Also, Holly facial expressions, and childlike demeanor reminded me of the snotty nosed kid in Bad Santa. All she needed was blonde curly hair!

Did you see the ginormous slices of bread Ray used for his sandwich? He has a problem with food too. He’s just not eating nearly as much of it as Holly was. 

Yes!  He was slicing his own bread- which surprised me in a way. But it’s like three or four slices width wise  were close to the heel  and he said, fuck it, calling that a slice. 

Holly seems so detached. She seemed a huge people pleaser but not in a mitigating way. She liked to look at people giving her good advice with wide eyes and a hint of humor but it all felt fake. 

I’m pretty new to this show so have seen eh, maybe 7 or so- but I’ve seen some real self loathing or denial. She seemed liked you could wind her up on her back to “play normal person”. 

Which in retrospect makes me incredibly sad but yet- I couldn’t connect with her all and sadly didn’t care what happened. 

The only thing I had great interest in was Zack the dog and his sweet loyalty. I do feel they do little Z right. 

• Love 11
13 hours ago, NeitherSparky said:

Haven’t read the live chat thread yet and I’m sure this was addresses a hundred times, but I just needed to get this out of my system:

Keep your goddamn tongue in your mouth when you eat!! Holy damn!! Are you a xenomorph? Are you trying to push your little mouth out so you can snatch your food off your fork so you can gobble it down faster? I’ve seen other show patients stick their tongues out when they eat but I swear this lady does it the most! Its sickening! :(

I’m sorry if that was mean, but it was soooo gross to watch.

This alone made me want to scream!! She was like a snake or a lizard.

5 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

Yes!  He was slicing his own bread- which surprised me in a way. But it’s like three or four slices width wise  were close to the heel  and he said, fuck it, calling that a slice. 

Holly seems so detached. She seemed a huge people pleaser but not in a mitigating way. She liked to look at people giving her good advice with wide eyes and a hint of humor but it all felt fake. 

I’m pretty new to this show so have seen eh, maybe 7 or so- but I’ve seen some real self loathing or denial. She seemed liked you could wind her up on her back to “play normal person”. 

Which in retrospect makes me incredibly sad but yet- I couldn’t connect with her all and sadly didn’t care what happened. 

The only thing I had great interest in was Zack the dog and his sweet loyalty. I do feel they do little Z right. 

I figured it was homemade bread. His 2 slices were so uneven, I was like WTF one slice was equal to 3 the other was 1 sad thin slice.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding a Mod note, always PM the Mods for that forum.  We do not debate Mod actions in the forum.  It takes us down an off-topic rabbit hole deeper than a poundticipant's belly button.  For My 600 Lb Life, please contact @frenchtoast and @princesspurrsalot

Back to your regularly scheduled snarking. 

• Love 1

After the joy last week of Justin's motivation and success, we're back to the usual 600lb Life participant who only knows how to win the blame game.

Holly is so utterly self-centred and self-absorbed. I know we only get a teeny snippet of backstory, but all we heard from Holly was about how bad things were for HER, how hard HER life is, how much pain SHE is in.  What made me particularly cross was her whining about how hard it was for HER to live with her husband when he came back from Iraq suffering from PTSD.  Imagine for a second the hell he was living every second of every day!

And again when she selfishly bemoaned that the only thing she had in her life that she could love was food.  What about her fiance? What about her dog? What about her parents?

I LOL'd at the sugar-free jam.  No die-beetus for Holly!

Also, did anyone else notice the nightgown she was wearing in the scene where Ray came back from work with McD's? It was grey with dogs printed on it. It was absolutely filthy dirty, particularly the lower part of it. *shudder*

I predict zero success for this woman.

Edited by essexjan
spelling
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, essexjan said:

After the joy last week of Justin's motivation and success, we're back to the usual 600lb Life participant who only knows how to win the blame game.

Holly is so utterly self-centred and self-absorbed. I know we only get a teeny snippet of backstory, but all we heard from Holly was about how bad things were for HER, how hard HER life is, how much pain SHE is in.  What made me particularly cross was her whining about how hard it was for HER to live with her husband when he came back from Iraq suffering from PTSD.  Imagine for a second the hell he was living ever second of every day!

And again when she selfishly bemoaned that the only thing she had in her life that she could love was food.  What about her fiance? What about her dog? What about her parents?

I LOL'd at the sugar-free jam.  No die-beetus for Holly!

Also, did anyone else notice the nightgown she was wearing in the scene where Ray came back from work with McD's? It was grey with dogs printed on it. It was absolutely filthy dirty, particularly the lower part of it. *shudder*

I predict zero success for this woman.

I have to admit I was surprised she got down to 418 but I don't think its going to last. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, princelina said:

I am in agreement with Dr. Now that she acts like that to get people to take care of her.  At this point it's probably subconscious but that's how she's learned to act and it seems to be working for her.  Those parents kissing her ass were hardly the mean, strict parents we had heard about.

So much didn't make sense about her reported childhood.  I do believe *something* was going on because of her early and remarkable weight gain.  What parents would allow a six-year-old to weigh 100 lbs.?  Holly mentioned her mother liked to tell her what to eat, and I'm sure there was nagging when she was older, but how in the hell does a six-year-old get to weigh that much unless there's some sort of massive neglect or abuse going on?  She said her parents "fought a lot" but that hardly seems adequate to explain things, and her mother did get her on phen-fen or whatever that dangerous weight-loss drug was, but beyond that drug and nagging, it doesn't seem like anything was done to help her when she was a child.  A six-year-old's food intake really can be controlled if someone wants to control it; while simply denying her food might not have been a long-term solution, it might have kept her a little lighter through grade school.  OTOH, if there were some genuine abuse going on, if for relatively benign example she was left alone for many hours during the day with nothing to do but eat, *maybe* we could understand what happened to her.  But if you take a six-year-old to the pediatrician and the kid weighs 100 lbs., the doctor is going to be all over you with suggestions and fear-inciting predictions that no sane parent would ignore.  Didn't that happen?  Why isn't Holly angry about being allowed to get so fat as a little kid?

One thing that occurs to me, and I think it's unlikely, is that by "religious" they mean they belonged to some cult where children were sexually abused.  I mean, face it, 99% of the women on this show and a good proportion of the men have been sexually abused as children, and the earlier the weight gain started, the earlier the abuse.

I think the reason Holly's "confrontation" with her mother about her rape at age 16 and 400+ lbs. seemed so odd, and the mother's reaction so bizarrely controlled, is that that is the story they've decided to tell, and the real sexual assaults happened much, much earlier and much, much closer to home.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

I loved how Dr. Now flat-out TOLD her that she is freaking almost 40 years old and she needs to grow up.  I was astounded at how she views herself as maybe an 8 year old child, where everyone needs to take care of her.       

Speaking of Ray - did you see him slather on half a bottle of mayo on that sandwich?  Nothing says "love" quite like eating fattening food in front of the woman you love while she is STRUGGLING to gain control over her eating issues.  Yeah - dieting is freaking TOUGH - but if you love her, HELP her with her daily struggles!  Obviously Ray is an enabler, we all know that - but I think the ONLY reason he is with Holly is because he has some emotional need to be a caregiver.  And taking into account what Holly said about Ray being interested or not interested in her (shows more attention to the dog) - I don't think they have a physical relationship and I don't think Ray wants one.  IF Holly slims down (and that's a huge "if") - I don't see this relationship lasting.

12 hours ago, Hannah94 said:
12 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

It's pretty clear how her staples "blew apart" after her first surgery.  If you pack in a semi-truck full of food every other day - something's gotta give!

Edited by Kyanight
speling bees impertant
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, dahling said:

This episode was a total zzzzzZZZZzzzzz but there was a moment of unintentional hilarity when Little Miss Thang demurely lied to Dr. Now about her eating habit, topping off her lie with the biggest and best cherry ever: "toast with sugar free jam" and then batting her eyelashes as though she wanted a gold star or something from the Good Doctor. Thank God this man has x-ray vision for bullshit and no tolerance for cutesy-wootsy mannerisms. 

I'm about 42 minutes in, and I must agree.  She does have kind of a kewpie doll demeanor which is in sharp contrast to her physical exterior. 

When I saw her first getting out of bed in the beginning, I expected a deep, husky voice because she's built like a linebacker. I think when they get to a certain size, the hormones are significantly depleted so the women seem masculine and the men seem feminine. 

I kinda hate that the family isn't dieting with her. You get this person who is basically at death's door if they won't turn things around, and the family won't cooperate?

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I kinda hate that the family isn't dieting with her. You get this person who is basically at death's door if they won't turn things around, and the family won't cooperate?

I agree!  I don't think that everyone should have to give up everything, but when you "love her with all your heart" please don't show more love for your sandwich.  He could eat meat and vegetable dinners - especially since he is fat too- and save the sandwich for his lunch at work.

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, dahling said:

Amen. After my grandma was diagnosed with diabetes, my grandpa gave up sweets, even though she insisted it wouldn't bother her if he had them.  On Saturday mornings he would go out with a friend and treat himself to a doughnut, because he loved them so. But he would only do it outside her presence. That's what love is, RAY.

Aww, that's sweet. (Pun semi-intended.)

• Love 10
2 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

And this is far from the first time we've seen this--I think the majority of the families, while professing support, do not change their own eating habit, not even in front of the poundticipant.  And most of the families have pounds to lose, as well, some of them approaching the poundticipant's weight.   I think this unwillingness to face what we see as a difficult but certainly not insurmountable problem--not eating what they want, when they want--is at the heart of how some of these folks get so damned fat.  They really and truly do not understand or believe that what they eat determines what they weigh.  They pay lip service, sure, but most of them see no real reason to follow Dr. Now's strict diet to the letter--lots of talk about "finding the balance" and "everyone needs a reward".  They will I am sure recite to you what they should be eating, but they don't, in their heart of hearts, accept it as truth that if they keep eating as they have been they will not only not lose weight but will maybe die.

A lot of the overweight people I know, including me, understand about metabolism and caloric intake and limiting carbs.  We know to read labels, that sugar hides under many names, that "total carbs" is an important number.  None of the poundticipants seems to know about any of this, and I don't get it.  How could you be massively overweight for most of your life and not spend some time and effort trying to understand how food works in your body--even if you don't plan to do anything about it?

Edited by Mothra
I know better
  • Love 10

Some people are just addicted to food (much like some people are just addicted to drugs or alcohol).  Holly struck me this way - her mom said that even as a baby she was always crying to be fed.  One of my coworker's son's was like this... they became so desperate that they literally chained the fridge shut because he would drink all the milk if that's all there was.

I'm surprised that the doctor doesn't immediately start people on a food diary.  Write down EVERYTHING YOU EAT.  The few times we've seen people do that on their own, they've tended to have success - I remember seeing one subject using My Fitness Pal.  Certainly when I'm tracking, I lose weight.. it lets you know when you've hit your limit for the day.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, RTS said:

Some people are just addicted to food (much like some people are just addicted to drugs or alcohol).  Holly struck me this way - her mom said that even as a baby she was always crying to be fed.  One of my coworker's son's was like this... they became so desperate that they literally chained the fridge shut because he would drink all the milk if that's all there was.

I'm surprised that the doctor doesn't immediately start people on a food diary.  Write down EVERYTHING YOU EAT.  The few times we've seen people do that on their own, they've tended to have success - I remember seeing one subject using My Fitness Pal.  Certainly when I'm tracking, I lose weight.. it lets you know when you've hit your limit for the day.

I think Holly said at one point that she was addicted to food, and I take your point that what's going on with her and food is comparable to a drug addiction.  But is it really food she's addicted to, or is it the feeling of the food in her mouth as she's eating it?  I guess that's true of drug addiction, too--it's not the drugs themselves but the feelings they induce.  I think of "food addiction," though, as a not necessarily bad thing.  There are people who love to eat, who love flavor and texture and "mouth feel," who travel the world looking for new tastes--I would call that a food addiction, not the frantic wolfing down of bland, salty, greasy *stuff* without texture or real interest that Holly did.    She wants to shove stuff in her mouth.  As many have said, she's infantile, a big baby demanding her pap.  Babies don't want texture or flavor; they want sweet, buttery, smooth--breast milk is like vanilla hot chocolate made with heavy cream--and they have to learn to accept food that must be actually tasted, chewed, savored.  Holly hasn't gotten to that developmental level with regard to what she eats.

It's semantics, I know, but I'm not comfortable accepting that she's "addicted" to food.  I think she's addicted to being a baby in every way she can manage, and maybe Dr. Baby Voice is exactly the therapist for her!

• Love 7