Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
WendyCR72

FBI: Most Wanted In The Media

I like Alana De La Garza a lot, but I'm not sure I'm on board for this dreck. Hopefully she gets more to do than just make an announcement to the press in future episodes.

I said it in the other thread and I'll say it here: Matthew Lillard weeping on the ground with a missing arm was unintentionally hilarious. CBS needs to learn how to lighten up on their procedurals because otherwise things get monotonous and my mind will start to wander.

I completely missed this episode; does anyone know if it will be rerun? Or shown on demand (instead of CBS's annoying streaming service)? TIA.

33 minutes ago, Xantar said:

Matthew Lillard weeping on the ground with a missing arm

He's really getting beaten up: On Good Girls his character was shot in the leg. And before that I think he did get punched a few times. 

By the first commercial break, I remembered reading that there would be a spin-off, so I told my mom and sister that we were watching a backdoor pilot. It wasn't long before I abandoned the show to get some work done. A couple of hours later, I asked if they explained why the guy killed his family -- Julian's character had pontificated about there being four reasons. Neither Mom nor my sis had paid enough attention, so I'll ask here:

Why did the guy do it?

In case you can't tell, we don't plan to watch the new show. FBI is the first Dick Wolf show we've watched since Miami Vice.

14 hours ago, forumfish said:

Why did the guy do it?

As best as I understand it, he has abandonment issues from his parents so his wife threatening to leave was a trigger.

Or you know, he was just a nutso monster.

And that still doesn’t explain his addiction to massage parlors. 

16 hours ago, forumfish said:

Why did the guy do it?

The show used the term "family annihilator" which is, apparently, actually a thing. The LaCroix character also said that the husband was a control freak.  

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/08/130815084404.htm

"Categorizing the Killers: Four Types of Family Annihilator

Self-righteous: The killer seeks to locate blame for his crimes upon the mother who he holds responsible for the breakdown of the family. This may involve the killer phoning his partner before the murder to explain what he is about to do. For these men, their breadwinner status is central to their idea of the ideal family.

Disappointed: This killer believes his family has let him down or has acted in ways to undermine or destroy his vision of ideal family life. An example may be disappointment that children are not following the traditional religious or cultural customs of the father.

Anomic: In these cases the family has become firmly linked in the mind of the killer to the economy. The father sees family as the result of his economic success, allowing him to display his achievements. However, if the father becomes an economic failure, he sees the family as no longer serving this function.

Paranoid: Those who perceive an external threat to the family. This is often social services or the legal system, which the father fears will side against him and take away the children. Here the murder is motivated by a twisted desire to protect the family."

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL. This might be the epitome of the lateral move.

I'll say! Since she was barely used in the back door pilot, though, maybe she will get more exposure on the main show since she is essentially taking over for Sela Ward. Or not.

But she is now reunited with Jeremy Sisto from their Law & Order days...

Dick Wolf shows have a formula, that's for sure. I suppose this will depend on how interesting the fugitives are and how stupid the backstories are for the team. Both have a shelf life, though.

Julian McMahon? I'm in! At least enough to see how "Most Wanted" goes. I couldn't really get into the regular FBI show so not sure how that bodes for me.

Since it's Julian McMahon - I'll give it my best shot! 

• Like 1

Premiere tonight! We're less than 15 minutes in and already the show is goofing up. If the Newburgh in the show is in New York, the state has required electronic prescriptions for all scrips since 2016d, and more and more states require them for controlled substances such as pain meds. 

I just read that Kellan Lutz’s wife had a miscarriage at 6 months — a little girl.  So, so tough and heartbreaking for them.

2 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

I just read that Kellan Lutz’s wife had a miscarriage at 6 months — a little girl.  So, so tough and heartbreaking for them.

Ouch.  😞 That's awful.