Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Buying a Town (Part 2)

• Start Topic

On 1/30/2019 at 11:45 AM, Carolina Girl said:

Clearwater PD's Twitter Account is being blasted today.  It's @myclearwaterPD if anyone wants to comment.  Hell, their OLD tweets are getting pounced on.

CORRUPT is the word for the clearwater police department ! how is this able to go on? how is the mayor, the governor , whoever! not doing anything about this. they let scientology take over their town.  you know they have to be getting paid off. someone should do an investigating  into the foul things going on with govt of clearwater!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, msrachelj said:

CORRUPT is the word for the clearwater police department ! how is this able to go on? how is the mayor, the governor , whoever! not doing anything about this. they let scientology take over their town.  you know they have to be getting paid off. someone should do an investigating  into the foul things going on with govt of clearwater!

I agree.

I wonder if this cult will end like the People's Temple.  But instead of it ending in South America, it'll end here.  I wonder if people then will be like, "WTF happened?" the same way they were in 1978 when the Jonestown massacre happened.

• Love 5
On 2019-01-30 at 7:22 PM, Lugal said:

Some people are just fundamentally decent like that, genuinely able to get past things and forgive.  I can't say I'm one of them, but they are out there.  Bob Minton seemed like one of them which makes what they did to him that much worse.

My guess is that after two people get involved in a dirty messy situation as a result of TS (The Scam), they may both take some time to think about it and realize it was not really the other person's fault. They were both duped (although in different ways and to different degrees) by This Scam and the rational thing to do would be to direct their anger to TS (The Scam) and not to each other.

I've heard of several cases where people became good friends after they suffered at each others' hands because they realized the fault was not the other persons but was caused by TS.  If and when they realize they both have a lot in common which is why why they were both duped in the first place, then they can join forces and start to work together to defeat this evil.

I have enormous respect for Mike. He would never have risen to the heights he did had he not been extremely competent and capable.

Edited by MisterBluxom
  • Love 6

I am really interested in the overlap between actors and Scieno. What is the magic formula there? Are there some personality traits common to actors that make them vulnerable to the Scieno shit?

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I wonder if this cult will end like the People's Temple.  But instead of it ending in South America, it'll end here.  I wonder if people then will be like, "WTF happened?" the same way they were in 1978 when the Jonestown massacre happened.

I thought about that around the time of the Shelly Miscavige episode when Leah was gobsmacked that a lot of the people still in put up with the abuse probably thought LRH was coming back.

I think a cult based on belief Resurrection with a megalomaniac leader is a bad combination.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MamaMax said:

I am really interested in the overlap between actors and Scieno. What is the magic formula there? Are there some personality traits common to actors that make them vulnerable to the Scieno shit?

The founder of this cult long ago realized that one of the best ways to attract new victims was to treat celebrities like living Gods and encourage them to come out in public and talk about how great it is to join.

Edited by MisterBluxom
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, MisterBluxom said:

The founder of this cult long ago realized that one of the best ways to attract new victims was to treat celebrities like living Gods and encourage them to come out in public and talk about how great it is to join.

Well, I get why LRH would want THEM, I just wonder what kind of shared traits would make the actors vulnerable.

4 hours ago, Giselle said:

They liked to have their egos stroked and inflated.l

Plus the cult promises success. Actors are especially vulnerable to such promises in a very tough industry.  And if you don't succeed, it's your fault.  You're doing it wrong and need to buy another class/package/more books/counciling sessions.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, MamaMax said:

Well, I get why LRH would want THEM, I just wonder what kind of shared traits would make the actors vulnerable.

I suppose that most anyone who found themselves surrounded by adoring admirers who were willing to do anything - absolutely anything - their hearts desired would have a hard time turning away from that kind of experience. I would guess some auditor would ask them a few questions and get them to reveal many of their hearts' most secret desires - perhaps sexual desires. Then, they would arrange for the exact kind of person the actor desires to perform all the things they desired. Very difficult to turn that down - especially if it's all free. Don't you think?

Have you ever read about all the so-called "perks" and other things they've provided Tom Cruise and John Travolta? Just amazing stuff is all given to celebs for free in return for them "plugging" this scam. Very difficult to turn down such treatment.  The truly amazing thing  IMO, is how people ever find the courage to admit they were duped and now feel like a fool for going along with this Brain Washing Bullshit and now wish to apologize to all those people who were enslaved into this scam as a result of their recommendations.  Seems to me that takes a whole lot more courage than there is courage - meaning, it must be almost impossible for anyone to stand up and admit they were fooled and did great harm to many people and now they are sorry and wish to make things right.  That takes unbelievable courage. 

The people who have done this - like Leah Remini and Mike Rinder are truly great people for having that courage. I believe that one day after Scamatology is long gone and forgotten, the courage of Remini and Rinder will live on in the hearts and minds of Humankind.

So much of this is exposed in a few films - like "Going Clear - Scientology and the Prison of Belief"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4257858

If you have never seen this film, it's a wonderful place to start in order to understand the duplicity of this monstrosity and it's also a wonderful, enjoyable film

I sincerely hope you may find the time to see it. If you do, I'd love to hear your opinions about it.  If you don't feel like posting your opinions in public,  would you please consider sending me a Private Message?

Edited by MisterBluxom
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I agree.

In Clearwater or at the Celebrity Center. 

11 hours ago, Giselle said:

They liked to have their egos stroked and inflated.l

Exactly! 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MisterBluxom said:

I would guess some auditor would ask them a few questions and get them to reveal many of their hearts' most secret desires - perhaps sexual desires.

And once the celeb had "confessed" his most secret desires and transgressions to the auditor, that info will go into a "blackmail" file, and CO$ owns them forever.  Both Cruise and Travolta have been dogged by gay rumors.  Both have denied the rumors.  But if there was any truth behind them, the auditors would know.  Behave yourselves or.......  For either of them, or any other image conscious celeb, that would ruin their careers forever.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

And once the celeb had "confessed" his most secret desires and transgressions to the auditor, that info will go into a "blackmail" file, and CO$ owns them forever.  Both Cruise and Travolta have been dogged by gay rumors.  Both have denied the rumors.  But if there was any truth behind them, the auditors would know.  Behave yourselves or.......  For either of them, or any other image conscious celeb, that would ruin their careers forever.

I have heard that sometimes its more than just being gay. It might be wanting to hurt someone, or hurt a child or something else nefarious. Or even not nefarious that they twist around. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I have heard that sometimes its more than just being gay. It might be wanting to hurt someone, or hurt a child or something else nefarious. Or even not nefarious that they twist around. 

It could be. I think Travolta has had rumors of him attacking men. I think its massure or something. I don't know about Cruise but it really wouldn't surprise me. The way he allowed his children to be turned against their mother and Holmes having to escape the way he did. He's definitely got some skeletons in his closet. 

• Love 3

I was a little troubled by Mike Rinder's remark too about what he did to Minton haunted him for a long time. But I'm still impressed how much he's admitting to and on tape. Most people would have hard time with that and most people haven't done horrible things. To get on camera and admit that he ruined lives or helped ruin lives? What he did to Minton was horrible. I am a little surprised that he became friends with him. But I remember I think way back in season one with reporters? One or two of the episodes where he admitted to people things he did to them and explaining the policies. They seemed to get along well now. Maybe it does help that he not only apologized but is now working against Scientology.

CO$ when are they finally going to be stopped. They have done so many horrible things. Ruined people, stalked and harassed and killed people. How are they still getting away with all this stuff. Yes, they have powerful attorneys and stuff but they've never gone up against the wrong person? I do hope I'm wrong and the FBI really is investigating them and we just don't know. 

The cops showing up at the park. I did love Mike not only knowing the reason but explaining the injuction and that he was the architect to the cops who looked surprised. Like they weren't expecting to get a response. Well, they probably don't. Good job CPD way to show you do whatever CO$ tells you to do. I did love as it was happening that people in cars driving by yelling how much they loved the show and supported them. Leah taking pictures with people. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, MamaMax said:

I remember reading an article about NXIVM that said actors are actually very insecure, and they want validation (not all of them them, but enough) that actually makes them easy prey for cults.

2 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

And once the celeb had "confessed" his most secret desires and transgressions to the auditor, that info will go into a "blackmail" file, and CO$ owns them forever.

That and the auditing is ongoing.  Once they run out of secrets they make stuff up.  Either because they really believe it was a past life or they are just saying something to make the auditor happy.

2 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

Both Cruise and Travolta have been dogged by gay rumors.

I find it ironic that being gay is more acceptable than being a scientologist.  Serious the general reactions usually go like this:

Famous person X has come out as gay = (Aside from a few homophobes) "Good for them.  Be proud of who you are."

Famous person X is a scientologist = "Aw damn, I liked them!"

Edited by Lugal
  • Love 11

I was reading Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker and they mentioned something that got sort of glossed over. Apparently, Bob Minton switched sides and gave Cos, information on the Lisa Mcpherson project and various defectors. Apparently, all of the pressure really got to him. 

• Love 1

Re-watching this episode right now and, even after all of the fantastic and insightful comments here as well as knowing what I am about to see, I still feel my blood boiling and have a lump in my throat over all the pain and death (Lisa McPherson) these bastards continue to get away with.

BTW, one thing that wasn't discussed here was Dave Lebow of Co$ going to England, meeting with Nigerian government representatives and "persuading" them to open up an investigation in Switzerland against Bob Minton and freeze all of his money. Considering the amount of corruption that exists in Nigeria, especially at the government level, any guesses on how much that persuasion cost SCUMatology? As Mike Rinder stated about that whole disgraceful Lisa McPherson episode, Co$ will spare no expense when it comes to destroying people's lives.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Additional comments.
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I was a little troubled by Mike Rinder's remark too about what he did to Minton haunted him for a long time. But I'm still impressed how much he's admitting to and on tape. Most people would have hard time with that and most people haven't done horrible things. To get on camera and admit that he ruined lives or helped ruin lives? What he did to Minton was horrible. I am a little surprised that he became friends with him. But I remember I think way back in season one with reporters? One or two of the episodes where he admitted to people things he did to them and explaining the policies. They seemed to get along well now. Maybe it does help that he not only apologized but is now working against Scientology.

I think the people that Mike wronged while he was in the Co$ are now on good terms with him is similar to how addicts/alcoholics make amends during recovery.  When you look at both situations, neither were in their right frame of mind.   Once you are free, whether it be from a cult or from an addiction, I think it's easier for people on both sides to understand/forgive and move on.  

I don't know how accurate this celebrity list is, but it was an interesting read.  Towards the end, are some the perks Tom Cruise, or "TC" as he is referred to at the Co$, and other celebrities have received.

http://home.snafu.de/tilman/faq-you/celeb.txt

• Love 8
2 hours ago, juliet73 said:

I think the people that Mike wronged while he was in the Co$ are now on good terms with him is similar to how addicts/alcoholics make amends during recovery.  When you look at both situations, neither were in their right frame of mind.   Once you are free, whether it be from a cult or from an addiction, I think it's easier for people on both sides to understand/forgive and move on.  

I thought your comments were very insightful. Well done!

• Love 3

I find it laughable (not surprising) how easily Scientology shot itself in the foot on this one. If they didn't call the cops, Mike and Leah would have had a fairly boring segment. Instead they did, and only proved the point that Mike and Leah were trying to make. What I want to know is how did the Clearwater PD have so many resources that they could have that many officers show up for 3 people sitting on a park bench? That just blows my mind. IDK of any police department around here that would do that for a non-emergency call. 

• Love 13
On 2/6/2019 at 6:23 AM, Skycatcher said:

This is what I don’t get, I can see that keeping them in maybe 10 years ago, but nobody would give a crap now. Especially since everyone already thinks they’re gay/bi anyhow. I think TC likes the attention, he certainly seems to lap it up. Not sure what they have on Travolta, but I have to assume it’s more than just being gay/bi. 

• Love 1

Another great episode. The show is knocking it out of the park this season (no pun intended! 😛). When I first started watching this show, I wondered how long they could continue blowing my mind, but here we are in the third season and each episode manages to shock, disgust, intrigue and fascinate me in ways just as compelling as the one before. 

I admire and respect Leah and Mike so much. On a completely superficial side note, I though they both looked really great in this two-parter; I loved Leah's dress and Mike's jacket and tie combo - they were even color-coordinated, lol.

Also want to give props to the posters on this forum. Great discourse and lots of fascinating links and information.

• Love 6

In the late 90’s my family and I lived in Tampa, Fl.  Had a close brush with Scientology but thankfully didnt join.  That’s a story for another day.  Clearwater was a bustling little city back then.  Whenever I go back to Tampa I sometimes go over to Clearwater to check it out.  Last September we travelled through the city and it was very quiet, no stores were opened and very few people were there except for a few Sea Org groups.  Very eerie and unsettling. 

• Love 2
On 2/16/2019 at 11:11 PM, oceanbrz312 said:

In the late 90’s my family and I lived in Tampa, Fl.  Had a close brush with Scientology but thankfully didnt join.  That’s a story for another day.  Clearwater was a bustling little city back then.  Whenever I go back to Tampa I sometimes go over to Clearwater to check it out.  Last September we travelled through the city and it was very quiet, no stores were opened and very few people were there except for a few Sea Org groups.  Very eerie and unsettling. 

It's really sad. In the 20 years I've been here, the change has been dramatic. Nobody goes to Clearwater anymore - and that wasn't the case when I first moved here. I only ever go to see concerts at the Capitol, and then I get back to St. Pete ASAP. It's just creepy. 

• Love 1
On 1/31/2019 at 10:00 PM, Skycatcher said:

Note:   I am NOT posting this as a political comment.  My thoughts are only for comparison.

I am watching Rachel Maddow,  who is doing a piece on the NRA. According to her the NRA seems to be crumbling, with financial troubles, an internal meltdown  and being caught in the Russia investigation.  I mention this ONLY because the NRA organization has always seemed well-financed, monolithic and very powerful.  If what Maddow says is true about the organization having serious problems, it gives me hope that an equally monolithic organization such as CO$ might be vulnerable as well.  "The times they are a-changin'," and through the works of Remini and Rinder and others,  CO$ may be ultimately be brought down by those changes.

Of course CO$ will go down:

“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”  - Mahama Gandhi

• Love 3
7 hours ago, redpencil said:

The Phillies have been in Clearwater since 1948. So they pre-date Scientology by a lot.

Totally this.  When we moved to Florida when I was little my family chose Clearwater because the Phillies trained there.  I went to Phillies spring training games when I was growing up in Clearwater.  I left to move back north -- though not back to PA -- a year before CO$ invaded the place so I still have nice memories of the town.  I hated seeing it in it's current condition though.

Edited by green
  • Love 3

I had a college roommate who's family lived in Clearwater before Scientology totally took over. When they were just a disturbing oddity everyone just complained about. I visited many times over a period of around 3 years. So even just seeing what it looks like now is deeply disturbing to someone with memories from before.  I ATE at that Checkers. 

So weird. So very very weird. 

• Love 4