Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E09: Music City USA

FormerMod-a1
  • Start Topic

50 minutes ago, dewelar said:

And if not, it's more likely her dad would have heard the version by The Blue Ridge Rangers (a/k/a John Fogerty) than anything by The Carpenters.

That sounds familiar to me (as someone who is old enough to be Sara's mother)

7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I was just on a road trip pllaying Hank Williams and I was born decades after the song came out. Same with The Beatles and a gazillion other musicians who produced music long before my time. 

I'm in a band that plays mostly blues and old r&b, but on the rare occasions we throw in a county song it's usually Hank Williams. "Jambalaya" or "Your Cheatin' Heart," and people of all ages seem to know and love them.

Sorry, getting way off topic, but hey, they filmed an episode in Nashville.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, carrps said:

I think they actually did that once. The "leftover" was like an addtional judge?

Jeremy in season 13 won the quickfire and didn't have to cook. But he didn't judge - he spent the day with Emeril.

On 2/5/2019 at 5:39 PM, jpgr said:

I'm 53 and listen to the Beatles all the time. I have very diverse musical tastes, but they are my favorite and in heavy rotation.

eta: jpgr = john, paul, george, ringo

Ha!  Watched them live on Ed Sullivan in my early teens.  My living room is covered in Beatles posters.  Now rooting for Michelle.  And, I think she can really cook.

• Love 1
On 1/31/2019 at 8:25 PM, avecsans said:

I do not like these personal challenges because, like tonight, they often devolve into sob stories. I really just want to watch them cook.

I'm glad Michelle wasn't derailed by this one. I feel bad for the chefs when the challenge hits on their trauma. The family challenges always run that risk -- not everyone has positive memories and it has sent cheftestants into spirals.

On 1/31/2019 at 10:22 PM, HurricaneVal said:

I realize this is a big competition, but it was really irresponsible for Adrienne to continue to cook and serve food while so very sick.  She should have asked if she could take a bye on the comp.  There is no way she should have gone on to cook and serve that food after having been sick enough to still be vomiting earlier in the and obviously diaphoretic and shaky.  If she hadn't taken herself out, production should have stepped in and removed her.  Maybe she was just car sick, and medical cleared her from her earlier sickness, but I doubt that happened, since they continued to highlight how awful she was feeling, and how weak and sick she still was.

That was completely irresponsible.

Health departments across the country have a difficult enough time getting food service workers to stay home when ill, now Top Chef celebrates that bad decision.

It looked even worse from the other side of Covid! I realize this is how kitchens and chefs usually do things, but it's not okay.

• Like 1