Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Honey, I'm Home?

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Will acted shocked (amazed?) that Jasmine has lived with a guy before...after he just said he lived with a girlfriend himself. Hmmm

He was probably wondering how their finances were split and how long that guy was able to put up with her. 

• Love 16

Once again, misled by previews of AJ!  I think he’s right; they’re moving to a new place, looks like a furnished air BNB.  How does he know what to pack before even seeing the place?   And since he’s going back to the apartment to work, it genuinely makes sense to not strip the house down (and, even if they stay together, they might just be moving back there, putting stuff back on the walls.)  He’s too high strung for my tastes, but he’s seems pretty reasonable to me.  

Luke remains a douche canoe of the first water.  

• Love 18
(edited)

AJ does not realize the tone of his voice, the jagged edge of his words when he is irritable... hurts Sexy AF's feelings.

He will drive her away by his lack of insight and insensitivity.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 15
16 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Is Jamie going for the Veronica Lake look?   For you young uns, Veronica Lake, an actress, invented the hair over one eye look.  Very sexy.

That kind of hair style makes me itch with wanting to get it off the eye.

Ugh..can't stand Jamie..I'm outta here. 

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, aphroditewitch said:

Luke didn't think that Kate would tell the producers or the experts what he said to her. He expected her to feel ashamed over his abusive comments. 

Exactly.  That's why he made Pastor Cal say it first.  Notice that he spent the rest of the ep pretending to be nice - no more gaslighty comments about her hygiene or food choices.

1 hour ago, Kdawg82 said:

I need Stephanie in my life...in some way. I don't know how. This chick is just such a breath of fresh air. Seems like AJ wants to fight but she's not rising to the occasion.  Good for her! Seems like if hes not hammered and giggling at his own cheesy comments , he's a monster who's mad at everything. I wanted to like him 🙁

I feel like if he's not giggling at his own cheesy comments she assumes he upset (or "frustrated").  I thought he had a point about the packing, and was just saying it without the giggles and jokes.  I didn't even think he was mad, and certainly not a "monster".

• Love 11

So, next week we see Lukewarm sitting with his arm behind a female "friend" who is fussing with her hair while sporting a slight "cat got the cream" expression. And all of the friends are ignoring Kate. Kate, call Vanna and buy a clue!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 17

Preselected homes for each of the couples was a lesson learned from last season....

Amber never felt at home at Dave’s...granted she had way too much shit, her lotions and potions were stacked all around and under that stupid bathroom sink bowl.

An AirBnB decorated by MAFS  and TJMaxx Home Goods is an upgrade from Tristan’s headboard less bed and icky sheets.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Jasmine is all about her expectations but with no consideration to Will.  She wants a man to pay the bills, be the initiator in bed, but be egalitarian in housework.  What does he want? He doesn’t seem enamored with her in the least.

AJ acts like he has a mood disorder.  His eyes dart around and then he becomes unhinged. No wonder no one wants to eat with him.  Stephanie can do so much better.

Stephanie can't do better.  That's why she's on the show!

2 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I'm starting to think that Kate is not so bright. 

Kate is an actress playing a MAFS role!

1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Someone get me a barf bag.  Puke and Kate in the bed together laughing is too much for me to handle.

Game on!  They will be this year's sleeper couple!  Wait for it!

• Love 1
(edited)

Puke gifting wine for Kate....wasn’t drunkenness the reason Kate got horny and pressured Puke into kissing her?

In the Repulsed and Dead Inside episode there is a heavily edited montage of them nervously quaffing white wine which led to the Death Kiss.

Loose lips sinks ships and then you tell your wife that her kiss repulses you and you feel dead inside.

The Duck Wine bottles was a poor reading of the room, Puke...think flowers, you jerk...

Remember you blamed her drinking emboldening her to pressure you into kissing her?

Can't find the Duck Wine label....

Maybe it is the beloved classic Andre's Cold Duck...

Who else remembers the fizzy deliciousness of drinking Andre's Cold Duck?

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 5
(edited)

Unfiltered:JamieO, Sexy AF,Keith, Pastor Cal

Sexy AF...Beast Tamer

Keith...Exaggerated man spreader

Nice to hear Sexy AF speak without AJ interrupting her sentences.

Pastor Cal is hoping Puke and Kate can turn it around...no one in the audience wants Kate to get hurt any further.

JaimeO looked like she was going to leap from her chair and tell Pastor Cal that he is out of his mind.

AJ’s best chance for love is with Sexy AF, she really puts up with his petty, feet stamping tantrums.

Keith is as pliable as Gumby...raised by loving hands in a female household, he is gentlemanly, proponent of I am Woman Hear Me Roar and brainwashed that he can't possibly learn any culinary skills...like he has 2 left hands or something...bet what he cooked for Kristine was scrambled eggs and it was hailed as delicious as manna from heaven...don't give him too much credit...he didn't perform brain surgery... he managed to rattle a pot and not burn down the AirBnB....stop perpetuating isn't he wonderful...he is just having to do for himself for once in his coddled life...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 7

I wonder if they got the places for them to live because Keith and Kristine had no decent options( if they had to live in Keith's room for 7 weeks they would probably divorce), parents vs grandma and AJ had a small one bedroom and then they give Luke and Kate a cool trendy location, my guess is for filming oppurtunites. 

Can some explain how much Kristine makes? Keith job is pretty easy to guess $30-38k a year, can't be much less or much more. They said Kristine makes 3 times as much. So she is a realtor making 100k or so and living with her parents? Realtor commission are taxed high so would she not want the tax deductions of home ownership?  She must be doing really well because the average realtor in Philly makes 44k ? Zillow shows her having one active listing and she sold 6 homes (all low priced) and one rental in the last 12 months? 

After Molly or Jon had said some of the bedroom scenes were fake filmed, that they were still in their clothes and pretending I have been watching the previews carefully. Kate for sure looks like she had a regular top on and just slid in the bed and filmed for 5 minutes and got out. Jasmine kind of looked like that too? I also think they gave Kate and Luke a location next to the party street in Philly so there would be easy places to film and have plenty of footage to show. 

AJ moods remind me of a girl that lived in my college dorm that took Adderal for her ADHD, She would be overly perky and high energy 95% of the time but when little things changed like a the soda machine running out of flavor or her shower tote being moved she got snippy quick. People would call it madderal. Not trying to DX him but his reaction to the shower caddy just reminded me of this girl. 95% of the time she was fun to be around so maybe Steph can handle the his 5% grouchy. 

Will just seems to maybe have decent intentions but just does not communicate well or is too slow a mover for this show. I was surprised on day 9 of marriage was the first time they talked about ex's? and Will did seem a little taken back that Jasmine had lived with a man before when he had just admitted to living with women before.

• Love 6

I feel like Jasmine thought she was ordering a Perfect Match Ken Doll*. She wants Will to fulfill every little girl dream she had immediately after their marriage. She’s taken no time to befriend him or learn his ways. Just feels like everything she’s doing is pushing him further away. 

*complete with deep pockets, potent sperm and an immediate desire for children.

• Love 19

Sometimes I think we look for things to be wrong with people, and if you look hard enough you’ll find them.

I didn’t hear Luke say that Kate was drinking, I thought he told Pastor Cal that he said those horrible things because he was drinking, blaming his abusive language on alcohol.

Both Luke and Kate are staying because neither one of them wants to look like a failure.  No one would give Kate the Heather treatment because we know what Luke did, she said it on the show.  I don’t think the show ever revealed what Derek was doing.

• Love 12

I know that Stephanie and AJ are the "it" couple this season, but darn- I couldn't hang out with him as a friend more than one evening (he's the "joke for every situation" kind of guy) and definitely not consider him romantically.  All of the exaggerated expressions after he makes one of his corny jokes are exhausting.  She seems to be trying to let those go in the spirit of the "experiment," (you know, because she was "willing to take a risk for love," marrying a "complete shtranger,") and I give her credit for that.

Luke's smirky responses to Dr. Cal were infuriating.  And when Cal told him to "be the man I expect you to be," he recoiled, as if he was thinking "Don't go there, sir."  It is the first time Cal really called anyone out that I recall.  He normally would be coaxing Kate to give it a chance.

The other couples are rather boring. But Keith seems to be another iteration of Jephte- messy room, immature... although he's enjoying the makeout sessions.

Will seems a little leery of Jas.  He is as bland as AJ is over the top with his reactions.

• Love 14

Luke immature. Bet he didn’t date much. He’s also bookish. He would better someone more intellectual.  I’ll always remember Sam’s feelings for Neal at end of season and he rejected her. So sad.                                                                                     For sure, AJ Ned’s MED’s for ADHD.  He’s textbook. Somebody should recognize that they’re being counselors.                                                                                                                                       I like Keith. Maybe spoiled but was loved and loved people become loving people.   He’s accepting and flexible.  I think good match.                                                                 Hope best for jasmine and will.   They seem well matched.  Will is a doggie guy. That was a nice scene.  

• Love 5

I was surprised that Kristine makes 3x the amount as a realtor that Keith makes. I wonder how he feels about that? Is he studying to be a registered nurse or a licensed practical nurse? RNs in my state do quite well and new hires need a Bachelor's degree. In other states you can become a RN with an Associate's degree. Idk if dialysis techs need a degree but Keith may not realize a better earning potential for quite a few years. 

I was happy to hear on the after show that Keith IS doing some of the cooking!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I wonder if they got the places for them to live because Keith and Kristine had no decent options( if they had to live in Keith's room for 7 weeks they would probably divorce), parents vs grandma and AJ had a small one bedroom and then they give Luke and Kate a cool trendy location, my guess is for filming oppurtunites. 

Can some explain how much Kristine makes? Keith job is pretty easy to guess $30-38k a year, can't be much less or much more. They said Kristine makes 3 times as much. So she is a realtor making 100k or so and living with her parents? Realtor commission are taxed high so would she not want the tax deductions of home ownership?  She must be doing really well because the average realtor in Philly makes 44k ? Zillow shows her having one active listing and she sold 6 homes (all low priced) and one rental in the last 12 months? 

Keith might be making less than that if he is only working part time due to also being in school. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

I was surprised that Kristine makes 3x the amount as a realtor that Keith makes. I wonder how he feels about that? Is he studying to be a registered nurse or a licensed practical nurse? RNs in my state do quite well and new hires need a Bachelor's degree. In other states you can become a RN with an Associate's degree. Idk if dialysis techs need a degree but Keith may not realize a better earning potential for quite a few years. 

I was happy to hear on the after show that Keith IS doing some of the cooking!

I know it varies from state to state, but Keith was listed initially as a "Dialysis Technician". 

If that is accurate (and not just what he aspires to become), he is probably already an "Advanced Practice" nurse, meaning he has at least a 4 year nursing degree (with special training). 

I think nurses probably don't make as much money in his state as you might think...  And in any case, Queen Kristine is attractive, very personable, and most likely quite successful at what she does!

• Love 3

So Jasmine fancies herself a trophy wife? And imho, she is more into Will than he is her. But he pulls it of so much better than Luke. Will actually IS being a gentleman and giving himself time for attraction to grow. I do not believe he is genuinely attracted to her. Perhaps he might have been before her "Traditional roles" speech, but I think after that talk, he is proceeding cautiously. He is doing it very classy though!

Look I'm just going to say it, Luke thinks Kate is a "basic bitch". Not saying she is, and I think what I have seen so far, she is a total sweetheart, However, when asked her interests or hobbies her answer was "Eating out on weekends with my friends". That isn't exactly a hobby per se. I think Luke likes the attention dating other cultures brings him and his answer of "Thank you" was telling when Pastor Cal remarked he was like the United Nations or something (can't remember exactly). It was an just odd response imo. 

• Love 18
9 hours ago, OnTime said:

Why didn't they get to decide where to live and get to go house hunting??

So how much is the rent on these predetermined places?

Guess there is no $5,000 this season!!

I wanted to see that too because I wanted to see more neighborhoods, hear where they all lived and worked, etc. It seems like they may have taken some kind of neighborhood preference (maybe commutes too?) into account because the houses aren't all in the same place. Will and Jasmine's new place looks like it's in Mount Airy, which is 20 minutes or so from Center City. They're definitely not downtown. Kate and Luke are downtown somewhere but I'm not sure where. I think Keith and Kristine are too. (Kristine's edges are killing me. I feel so bad for her. She was wearing her hair in a ponytail a lot this episode and you can see that they're just shot to hell.) AJ's place is clearly downtown, given that he said he sacrificed space for location. They were walking around in the heart of Center City (they were in front of City Hall at one point). I'm REALLY going to need AJ to quit it with the "I'll never eat alone again" schtick. I  just find him so exhausting. He also seems like he doesn't get out much, given that Stephanie was asking him if he'd been various places and the answer was no. People can still go out when they're - gasp! - single. I was with him on not stripping down his place since he's going to be there 5x/week working. Leave some stuff in the fridge and kitchen so he can have lunch there, damn.

25 minutes ago, Cammi said:

So Jasmine fancies herself a trophy wife? And imho, she is more into Will than he is her. But he pulls it of so much better than Luke. Will actually IS being a gentleman and giving himself time for attraction to grow. I do not believe he is genuinely attracted to her. Perhaps he might have been before her "Traditional roles" speech, but I think after that talk, he is proceeding cautiously. He is doing it very classy though!

Yeah, I think the 70/30 talk threw a roadblock into Will's feelings for Jasmine. He's being much nicer about it than Luke is though. I liked when Pastor Cal asked Jasmine, "What if you make more than Will, should he still pay more?"

29 minutes ago, Cammi said:

Look I'm just going to say it, Luke thinks Kate is a "basic bitch". Not saying she is, and I think what I have seen so far, she is a total sweetheart, However, when asked her interests or hobbies her answer was "Eating out on weekends with my friends". That isn't exactly a hobby per se.

I don't think she's a bitch but she does strike me as kind of basic. Luke has said from jump that he's always got a lot of stuff going on, and Kate doesn't seem to have that. 

Every time I look at Kate I think "Girl, go." "Yay, I'm no longer repulsed when I kiss you!" is not a goal worth striving for.

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, Cammi said:

Look I'm just going to say it, Luke thinks Kate is a "basic bitch". Not saying she is, and I think what I have seen so far, she is a total sweetheart, However, when asked her interests or hobbies her answer was "Eating out on weekends with my friends". That isn't exactly a hobby per se. I think Luke likes the attention dating other cultures brings him and his answer of "Thank you" was telling when Pastor Cal remarked he was like the United Nations or something (can't remember exactly). It was an just odd response imo. 

Agreed about Will. Jas is pushing herself into the friend zone. 

Also about Luke. As I said last week, Luke is dating “exotic” women so their looks and otherness will garner attention for him. And I’m even more disgusted with him for that because it’s not as if he cares for any specific culture or type of woman. Any ethnic woman will do as long as she’s attractive enough and he feels she’s on his level. Poor Kate is just not the one. And he’s going to let her know that repeatedly until this all ends. 

Second time he’s pulled the coy avoidance card when confronted with his behavior. It’s not cute. 

• Love 13
40 minutes ago, Cammi said:

In that hobbies conversation, Kate also said she plays the piano and was getting back into it, so she has an interest in music too. 

• Love 6

Kate thanked Luke for “talking her down” when she was rightfully nervous about moving in with him. Jesus. I just...

I tried so hard to give this girl the benefit of the doubt but...I wonder if she’s been in abusive relationships before? Something about her just seems so defeated and helpless. How could anyone still have any hope for this farce after that? 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Soup333 said:

Kate thanked Luke for “talking her down” when she was rightfully nervous about moving in with him. Jesus. I just...

I tried so hard to give this girl the benefit of the doubt but...I wonder if she’s been in abusive relationships before? Something about her just seems so defeated and helpless. How could anyone still have any hope for this farce after that? 

I think Kate is just playing along with what the producers want. When she talks about Luke it sounds like a memorized set of talking points they she was given. The moving scenes for all couples were mostly fake. They are all going to AirBNB type rentals for the next several weeks. So the amount they are actually moving is minimal because they went to furnished places. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I noticed that too! I was like, why are they having this conversation? Luke asked "What were your reservations?" and I was thinking "Bruh, you can't stand her and she knows it!" And there's nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable in your own home.

They said her parents were recently divorced and she no longer speaks to her father (I really wonder what happened there), so I think she's just really emotionally vulnerable and raw. So of COURSE they matched her with a dude who not only isn't into her but isn't even NICE to her. I hope she has a good support system.

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

I think Kate is just playing along with what the producers want. When she talks about Luke it sounds like a memorized set of talking points they she was given. The moving scenes for all couples were mostly fake. They are all going to AirBNB type rentals for the next several weeks. So the amount they are actually moving is minimal because they went to furnished places. 

I really REALLY hope that’s the case but then that’s also tragic. After all these seasons, there should be a clause in the contract about abuse. Pastor Cal defined it as verbal abuse. It should be over. But drama I guess.

2 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I noticed that too! I was like, why are they having this conversation? Luke asked "What were your reservations?" and I was thinking "Bruh, you can't stand her and she knows it!" And there's nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable in your own home.

They said her parents were recently divorced and she no longer speaks to her father (I really wonder what happened there), so I think she's just really emotionally vulnerable and raw. So of COURSE they matched her with a dude who not only isn't into her but isn't even NICE to her. I hope she has a good support system.

I wonder what happened with her father too. I wonder if we’ll ever find out. One of the “experts” might dig into it. 

• Love 5
(edited)

The skin crawling hugs between Puke and Kate really irk me.

After Jon's and Molly's hidden and secret hate fest, it makes no sense for production to coerce a Confused and Befuddled Kate to move in with Puke, for effe's sake.

Kate states she doesn't feel safe with Puke...she's not lying like Mia...Kate is not a lying liar like Mia.

Why is Puke's verbal abuse only worth a 15 second stern talking to by Pastor Cal? Why isn't Blondie on FaceTime tearing him a new one?

Would there be more of an outrage and taken more seriously if Kate was hysterically crying and weeping instead of her Feeble cry of hurt from Puke's soul crushing words?

Look at Kate's thousand yard stares, flat speech and slow uptake...isn't that a person who has been traumatized?

She obviously is looking to "the experts" and production to tell what to do...she acts as if she is in a fog....seriously, she needs to be evaluated by a real mental health expert not connected with the show...

Yes, she is an adult and has agreed to continue with the show but damn...

Minimum, get her 2 bedroom AirBnB so she doesn't have to feel his creepy, judgemental, hooded eyeballs on her when she is at home.

The tease of the hipster party had me itching to flip a table....

Puke is really a reptile...no disrespect to actual reptiles...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I really REALLY hope that’s the case but then that’s also tragic. After all these seasons, there should be a clause in the contract about abuse. Pastor Cal defined it as verbal abuse. It should be over. But drama I guess.

There should be but there clearly isn't after several seasons were there was at minimum verbal abuse. Reality show contracts protect the show not the participants. There is a lot of pressure for the women in particular to play along. Not just on this show but on reality tv in general. 

Edited by aphroditewitch
  • Love 5

After seeing the contract the Real World cast members sign, I would be willing to bet that the couples aren't protected from abuse by the show. Wasn't there a pair in the early seasons (I didn't start watching until the Atlanta season) where somebody threatened to kill somebody and they had to get a restraining order?

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

The skin crawling hugs between Puke and Kate really irk me.

After Jon's and Molly's hidden and secret hate fest, it makes no sense for production to coerce a Confused and Befuddled Kate to move in with Puke, for effe's sake.

Kate states she doesn't feel safe with Puke...she's not lying like Mia...Kate is not a lying liar like Mia.

Why is Puke's verbal abuse only worth a 15 second stern talking to by Pastor Cal? Why isn't Blondie on FaceTime tearing him a new one?

Would there be more of an outrage and taken more seriously if Kate was hysterically crying and weeping instead of her Feeble cry of hurt from Puke's soul crushing words?

Look at Kate's thousand yard stares, flat speech and slow uptake...isn't that a person who has been traumatized?

She obviously is looking to "the experts" and production to tell what to do...she acts as if she is in a fog....seriously, she needs to be evaluated by a real mental health expert not connected with the show...

Yes, she is an adult and has agreed to continue with the show but damn...

She also said if they weren't married she would just classify him as a bad person and move on with her life. So she knows. And I really do think she needs therapy. Probably needed it before this show and will definitely need it after.

21 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

There should be but there clearly isn't after several seasons were there was at minimum verbal abuse. Reality show contracts protect the show not the participants. There is a lot of pressure for the women in particular to play along. Not just on this show but on reality tv in general. 

14 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

After seeing the contract the Real World cast members sign, I would be willing to bet that the couples aren't protected from abuse by the show. Wasn't there a pair in the early seasons (I didn't start watching until the Atlanta season) where somebody threatened to kill somebody and they had to get a restraining order?

Yes, that was S2 Jessica and Ryan. But if memory serves, he didn't say that until at the decision making meeting. But yes, Neil and that loco Sam, Derek and Heather, Jon and Molly (although I didn't watch their season) and now this jerk. Heather must have just flat out said she wasn't going to participate period.

After seeing the producers cajole AJ into doing the homework, I can see them talking and pressuring these women into staying. It's sickening and I know they chose this but jeez. You don't know until you know. I doubt any of them walked into this thinking they'd be matched with someone who would call them disgusting or threaten murder. 

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

They said her parents were recently divorced and she no longer speaks to her father (I really wonder what happened there), so I think she's just really emotionally vulnerable and raw.

So of COURSE they matched her with a dude who not only isn't into her but isn't even NICE to her. I hope she has a good support system.

Of course.

25 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

After all these seasons, there should be a clause in the contract about abuse. Pastor Cal defined it as verbal abuse. It should be over. But drama I guess.

I wonder what happened with her father too. I wonder if we’ll ever find out. One of the “experts” might dig into it. 

I'd be shocked if any of these "experts" even tried to help Kate explore/deal with that. They flat-out do not care about these people, only their paychecks from the show.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Cammi said:

Kate is basic, if I were a man she wouldn't be my type, but she still didn't deserve the nastiness that Luke gave to her.  Luke is just nasty and immature.  Children say shit because they don't know any better, what's Luke's excuse?  

Jasmine just wants a relationship like the one she sees her parents have.  She doesn't want to be one of these black women who ends up with a man who does zilch.  I really like Will, and I liked what he said to her last week.  Jasmine was going on an on about her dog, Bentley, how Will would have to get along with Bentley, how Bentley is her baby etc.  Will politely told her that since she is on this show and wanted to get married, that obviously Bentley wasn't enough for her.  Jasmine was like, "what shade!"  But Will was correct.  To me, Jasmine is a child who only THINKS that she wants to be barefoot and pregnant while Will takes care of her, she doesn't realize that type of relationship has a very dark side.

Keith and Kristine:  For some reason, I think they might be okay.  Though Pastor Cal was correct that things will go south if Kristine sees she's doing all the heavy lifting, I think they will be okay.  Keith grew up in a home where he was loved, sure he was spoiled, but I think he knows that, he knows that it's time to grow up.  If he's willing to grow and change, they'll be all right.  I also don't think it's strange that both of them live with family.  I mean why get a home if you can't afford it and then wind up in debt?

I think Stephanie and AJ are two people who want the trappings of a partnership, but don't really know how to do with the human aspect of it.  Stephanie said something about how she's happy to walk down the streets of Philadelphia holding hands with her husband and AJ talked about how he didn't want to eat dinner alone.  I also think AJ is quite set in his ways, he likes to be in control.  The show is problematic for someone like him because the show picked out his wife AND his home and furniture.  AJ's probably filled with anxiety.  What you do with a guy like AJ is walk away and let him rant for a few minutes, until he gets it out of his system, then he'll say something like, "Damn, I was being silly huh?"  Yes you were AJ, chill.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I know it varies from state to state, but Keith was listed initially as a "Dialysis Technician". 

If that is accurate (and not just what he aspires to become), he is probably already an "Advanced Practice" nurse, meaning he has at least a 4 year nursing degree (with special training). 

In my state, "techs" in various medical capacities often have specialized, short-term training (2 years) and don't make a whole lot of money.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, KateHearts said:

In my state, "techs" in various medical capacities often have specialized, short-term training (2 years) and don't make a whole lot of money.

A quick Google search tells me that a Philly dialysis tech makes between $17 and $21 an hour.

• Love 4

It’s plain to see, Will has zero interest in Jasmine.  She’s too demanding, boring, not playful and has a lot of instructions for him.  Now, if he were matched with Kristene, he would have hit that bed in a minute.  She’s cute, sexy, playful, appreciates a man, knows what to say and appreciative.  My opinion anyhow.

• Love 12

Just finished watching. Looking forward to the snark!

This is such an upheaval for all the couples. I hate that people judge on others’ living space. So what if they store boxes in the corner? Whatever condition their place is in pre-dates their new spouse. When you set up a new place, make sure that not only does it have adequate space for everyone’s crap, but respect the other person’s crap as it may mean something to them. I live in a small space and like it very much but the place that Keith and the queen moved into looked very small. I didn’t see any napkins being brought outside with the dinner. Why I noticed that I have no idea.  

Keith’s room looked like a teen boy’s room because that’s essentially what he is. Once the queen said she will be “in charge” it became clear that she will end up mommying him because he’s a man baby that just wants someone to feed him. I don’t see her being okay with that eventually. Who the hell is she to tell him what he is allowed to bring with him when they move? You have got to be kidding me. 

AJ’s place was nice. He’s just too weird for me. Any time a conversation begins that requires seriousness, he gets this put upon, pissy look on his face. He almost looks like a powder keg. It happened while they were talking to Cal and while they were “packing” to move. He seems to be unable to maintain control if something deviates from exactly what he wants. He was on his way to an explosion while going on about what he would or would not be taking to the new place. Stephanie is taking a “shut up and let him have what he wants” and constant clipped “okay” is not going to last.

So Jasmine owns a home but they are going to get their own place. What about her house? Is it all hers? Will she sell or rent it and share the proceeds with their monthly bills? Is Will’s place a rental? Why wasn’t this discussed with Cal as it’s a huge financial difference if she owns and he does not. The giggly Jasmine saying, “Will doesn’t agree with me,” had a silent “but he will soon,” at the end. Her attitude is “What’s mine is mine and what’s yours is mine.” Will is in for a treat if he thinks that staying with someone in a hotel for a week is the same as living with someone. Will hopes he falls in love with Jasmine? He looks completely disinterested in her. I was glad that he said their intimate live will be expedited if she doesn't throw demands at him every day. I think Jasmine's definition of traditional turned him off even more. Can't say that I blame him.

Kate’s voice is so grating. She’s trying to understand why Luke said what he did and is trying to work through this? Her attitude is “Well I married him and knew it could go either way so….” 

A roller coaster, Luke? You’re shitting because you’re afraid she ratted on you being a prick and you wanted to keep that private? There are no words. OMG, this pastor tells him to “turn it around” how about “Turn around and GTFO”? He’s so full of shit. So he had been drinking when he said that to her? That doesn’t bode well. And I’m sorry but if he’s saying he’s not attracted to her right now, then they are obviously not a match. He’s not going to wake up one morning and have that sparkly, “OMG I can’t wait to see [person]” etc. They both want to repair their marriage. What marriage? I don’t mean to imply that people are objects, but this is like going out and buying a super expensive item that arrives with major, unfixable defects and you say “Maybe I can fix it,” or “I can live with it” because I’m too lazy to try to arrange a return.  

Gee, Kate, who wouldn’t be apprehensive moving in with a guy who finds you repulsive? I’m so uninterested in watching these two: he’s a total prick and she’s a total moron.

Kate’s laugh sometimes sounds like Myra Turner, an Odd Couple character played by Penny Marshall for those unfamiliar. Next week's preview shows Kate looking cast aside in her own house by her new husband. What a surprise!

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Yes, that was S2 Jessica and Ryan. But if memory serves, he didn't say that until at the decision making meeting. But yes, Neil and that loco Sam, Derek and Heather, Jon and Molly (although I didn't watch their season) and now this jerk. Heather must have just flat out said she wasn't going to participate period.

After seeing the producers cajole AJ into doing the homework, I can see them talking and pressuring these women into staying. It's sickening and I know they chose this but jeez. You don't know until you know. I doubt any of them walked into this thinking they'd be matched with someone who would call them disgusting or threaten murder. 

I think there was probably abusive stuff from Ryan before the reunion day, it just wasn't a verbal threat captured by the sound/video team until that day. There was also Sonia and Nick. Sonia did actually leave but the show pressured her to come back and work things out. On decision day I think Sonia wanted to divorce, but was again pressured to say she wanted to stay married. I think there have been several couples where the women in particular wanted out even if there wasn't verbal abuse because the guy they had been matched with was just horrible. I think Danielle wanted to call it quits with Cody, especially after all his complaining about how they weren't having sex, but there was pressure to stay. I think Boston Jaclyn would have split with Ryan on decision day too. There was a lot of pressure on Season 2 Jaclyn as well, even when they revealed at the 6 month reunion that they had split, the experts were pressuring her to give him another chance. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

I think there was probably abusive stuff from Ryan before the reunion day, it just wasn't a verbal threat captured by the sound/video team until that day. There was also Sonia and Nick. Sonia did actually leave but the show pressured her to come back and work things out. On decision day I think Sonia wanted to divorce, but was again pressured to say she wanted to stay married. I think there have been several couples where the women in particular wanted out even if there wasn't verbal abuse because the guy they had been matched with was just horrible. I think Danielle wanted to call it quits with Cody, especially after all his complaining about how they weren't having sex, but there was pressure to stay. I think Boston Jaclyn would have split with Ryan on decision day too. There was a lot of pressure on Season 2 Jaclyn as well, even when they revealed at the 6 month reunion that they had split, the experts were pressuring her to give him another chance. 

I sincerely apologize for forgetting Sonia and Nick. Also a disastrous couple. And he was in it so he could advertise his business too, wasn't he? Jessica did say in an interview that Ryan was abusive and she wanted out but she was pressured to stay. 

I think all of the S2 brides got the shaft. 

@Crazy Bird Lady, I actually think the experts would bring up Kate's parent's divorce, but not to help her in any way. Just to dig and get some dirt they can exploit in some way. Attempting to show empathy and concern by saying they realize how important this is to her because of her parents, etc. In other words, another tactic to guilt her into staying. Wouldn't surprise me at all. 

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

AJ’s place was nice. He’s just too weird for me. Any time a conversation begins that requires seriousness, he gets this put upon, pissy look on his face. He almost looks like a powder keg. It happened while they were talking to Cal and while they were “packing” to move. He seems to be unable to maintain control if something deviates from exactly what he wants. He was on his way to an explosion while going on about what he would or would not be taking to the new place. Stephanie is taking a “shut up and let him have what he wants” and constant clipped “okay” is not going to last.

And he’s so over the top about everything - When she pointed to the horrible poker picture and asked about taking it, he said something like “I have to come back here to work, and I don’t want it to be so empty that I would want to kill myself” so no picture = suicide? So beyond what I would consider a normal comment...

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, Shieldmaiden said:

And he’s so over the top about everything - When she pointed to the horrible poker picture and asked about taking it, he said something like “I have to come back here to work, and I don’t want it to be so empty that I would want to kill myself” so no picture = suicide? So beyond what I would consider a normal comment...

Lol! He reacted almost like a hoarder would when asked to throw away a used tissue from the corner of the room. I get his general point of not emptying the place out but he’s so rigid. I could never be as chill as Stephanie because people copping unnecessary attitude makes me immediately cop unnecessary attitude. Now the whole day is ruined and IDGAF, all over an ugly poker picture Kristine would have told AJ to throw away. 

• Love 8