Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Primetimer

Season Ten Talk

Recommended Posts

Why oh why is Dylan supposed to be an expert on marriage? It's not his fault that he was only married for like an hour because his wife was shot, but still. And all the men on this show can go to hell with their contempt for women. Janet actually told Steve why she didn't want to marry him, and getting down on one knee or buying a ring will not solve that, you bunch of assholes. 
 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

David's anger at Dylan about the whole Gina situation is ridiculous, especially when you remember, like I did listening today, how he pretty much did the same thing to Steve last year re: Sophie.

Classic (awful) Kelly and Matt - the conflict over an Issue related to Matt's work, Kelly being A Bitch About It, and Matt bending like a question mark to appease her.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Dylan's forefinger hunt-and-peck typing and his expression makes him look like Zoolander or Hansel, trying to figure out how the files are on the computer, and how to get them off the computer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/19/2019 at 9:18 AM, Cekrypton1 said:

Dylan's forefinger hunt-and-peck typing and his expression makes him look like Zoolander or Hansel, trying to figure out how the files are on the computer, and how to get them off the computer.

I don't remember his typing being that bad in S3 when he wrote his stories about his dad and Kelly...or maybe I blocked it out.

Share this post


Link to post

My main takeaway from this week's plotlines - have Rush and Samantha Sanders ever shared a scene?  I thought Samantha herself was present for the reveal of her sexuality to Rush, but I guess not.  And I racked my brain thinking back, but I can't remember them ever sharing the same oxygen, it always felt like the show would do a few episodes with one or the other, but never at the same time.

Also, what is the PPADAD offering to these high rollers that they couldn't get at a different establishment?  It's...Los Angeles.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/18/2019 at 8:24 PM, TeeVee329 said:

David's anger at Dylan about the whole Gina situation is ridiculous, especially when you remember, like I did listening today, how he pretty much did the same thing to Steve last year re: Sophie.

Classic (awful) Kelly and Matt - the conflict over an Issue related to Matt's work, Kelly being A Bitch About It, and Matt bending like a question mark to appease her.

David was very annoying during that whole storyline. Why does Gina HAVE to like you romantically? Also, why is David trying to date his ex girlfriend's sister? Especially when that sister lost her virginity to you? I realize Gina and Donna aren't exactly close, but still very weird. 

Does anyone watch Riverdale? Luke Perry did NOT age well.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't understand what is going on with David's hair. I thought it was accidental just-out-of-the-shower hair, but then they immortalized it on those stupid t-shirts, which means he wants his hair to look like that ON PURPOSE. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Did I hear correctly that Bobbie spent all of Gina's money that she swindled from Felice?  How would she get it??  ugh, this show.  Is Gina only working for Matt?  What happened to her personal training business?  Is she only dating Dylan for money, because he sucks, and she could do so much better.  

Matt and Noah thinking their only option is to move in with their girlfriends is so dumb.  Especially Noah since Donna's reaction last time (like 2 months ago!) was to have a fling with another guy.  WTF.  Although I think Noah ends up moving in with David, so I could see that he'd rather avoid doing that.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

David was very annoying during that whole storyline. Why does Gina HAVE to like you romantically?

I am looking at it through today's "MeToo" lens but David seems to freaking entitled.  Just because Gina has kissed you a few times doesn't mean she is required to sleep with you! This sort of reminds me of early Summer of Deception where Dylan basically browbeats Kelly because she decides to draw the line on their cheating by not sleeping with him. 

And just like Val, I want to tell Gina to find new friends.  Get a job at Contempo Casuals, give private ice skating lessons, work at Barnes & Noble - save the money while mooching off of Dylan and start hanging out with people who aren't total jerks. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah but the difference between Val and Gina to me was that Val actually started off nice to the gang including Kelly and was bubbly and sweet therefore Kelly had to be a bitch to her for no reason (oh yeah it was because she smoked weed).. ooooh what a bad person that makes her. I always questioned wtf Val was doing wanting to be friends with any of those people. But Gina on the other hand started with all of them right off the bat. She was just a straight up miserable person from day 1 which is why it annoyed me that she always felt so sorry for herself. Be nice to people and they'll be nice to you (except Kelly.)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I'm starting to see plugs for the reboot. 

This is from the local news here in Minneapolis. I gave you guys a plug and a shout out! Keep up the great work!! ❤️

Share this post


Link to post

Oh my god, that pink shirt on Donna. How? Why? 

I know it's been discussed before, but Kelly really, truly is only into her love interests when they're involved with someone else or they're providing some other kind of drama for her, like Colin and his drugs. Girl needs to go to therapy for so many reasons, but the fact that she hates all of her boyfriends is one of them. (I mean, I hate all of her boyfriends too, but she's the one choosing them.) 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Panda Bear said:

Oh my god, that pink shirt on Donna. How? Why? 

I know it's been discussed before, but Kelly really, truly is only into her love interests when they're involved with someone else or they're providing some other kind of drama for her, like Colin and his drugs. Girl needs to go to therapy for so many reasons, but the fact that she hates all of her boyfriends is one of them. (I mean, I hate all of her boyfriends too, but she's the one choosing them.) 

Yes ! I didn’t like Colin but I felt like he had the type of personality kelly needed to be in a relationship with . She doesn’t do well with guys she can push around ( Brandon , Matt , Val’s Ex Tom , etc ) .. she is too pushy and know it all with that type . She needed someone who could put her in her place and someone she wouldn’t be holier than thou with . I didn’t like her and Dylan together but at least when she was with him , she wasn’t mother Theresa ( for the most part ).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

How STUPID is Mel? He knows that many people acquainted with him are involved with PP/PPAD/PPSexyTimes. Even if he were not concerned about the legal angle, shouldn't he be wary of one of these folks running into him?

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

When David played the toilet-flushing sound and people hooted, this is the first thing I thought of.

simosons mwc.png

I forgot what a massive POS (rather than just the regular POS he was the other 9 seasons) David was in the last season.

Edited by MerBearStare
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I can't with this death penalty plotline.  Kelly and Matt's bickering is driving me bonkers.  A real attorney having some type of clemency hearing would not leave his or her office, much less go riding around town to fight with his or her significant other, during the hearing.  He is de facto ineffective because he has no idea how to try one of these cases and his legal arguments are shit.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, StatMom said:

How STUPID is Mel? He knows that many people acquainted with him are involved with PP/PPAD/PPSexyTimes. Even if he were not concerned about the legal angle, shouldn't he be wary of one of these folks running into him?

If Mel is going to be so stupid to go to a sex club that’s run in the same club as where his son broadcasts a radio show then he deserves to get blackmailed and Gina should get it. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, StatMom said:

How STUPID is Mel? He knows that many people acquainted with him are involved with PP/PPAD/PPSexyTimes. Even if he were not concerned about the legal angle, shouldn't he be wary of one of these folks running into him?

30 minutes ago, WoodyCee said:

If Mel is going to be so stupid to go to a sex club that’s run in the same club as where his son broadcasts a radio show then he deserves to get blackmailed and Gina should get it. 

Seriously, Mel is such an idiot.  If he wants to go to a strip club that badly...it's Los Angeles.  There have to be a MILLION other options besides the one at the club he knows his son works at and is frequented frequently by his whole posse.  

And how is he even getting out of the house to attend strip clubs that don't open til 2AM!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I was listening to this on my bike yesterday, and passers-by must have thought I was a nutjob, because when it got to that long hold on the music at the end of Kelly's first meeting with the Patchs, I was saying outloud "Oh no, no, no, no, noo-"--[Duh Duh Dun Dun Clap-clap]--"you bastards!"

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I feel like the show could have left out Mel going back to his cheating ways. They were just searching for story lines but it was season 10 by that point... just let Jackie have a loyal husband lol. But yeah, he was quite the idiot going to a strip club in the same club that EVERYONE he knew went to.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I feel like the show could have left out Mel going back to his cheating ways. They were just searching for story lines but it was season 10 by that point... just let Jackie have a loyal husband lol. But yeah, he was quite the idiot going to a strip club in the same club that EVERYONE he knew went to.

Though I must say, it’s pretty good insight as to why David developed such problematic views on women as of late.

Mel has been portrayed mostly as a “good guy” as far as the gang’s parents go, but we see how he dropped the ball on Sheila, and his pattern of cheating.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, MCMLXXVII said:

Though I must say, it’s pretty good insight as to why David developed such problematic views on women as of late.

Mel has been portrayed mostly as a “good guy” as far as the gang’s parents go, but we see how he dropped the ball on Sheila, and his pattern of cheating.

And serving alcohol to teenagers before their prom!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I feel like the show could have left out Mel going back to his cheating ways. They were just searching for story lines but it was season 10 by that point... just let Jackie have a loyal husband lol. But yeah, he was quite the idiot going to a strip club in the same club that EVERYONE he knew went to.

I know! Like did Mel want to get caught? I’d vote YES since he was always having affairs with women who worked for him. Leopards don’t change their spots. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Our first episode recap since the tragic, untimely death of Luke Perry (it still hurts to see that). I'm glad it was an episode when he smiled a lot & seemed pretty happy. Seeing those pix made me miss him more, though. He had many douchebag moments, but I'll always, always, always love me some Dylan McKay. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, nkotb said:

Our first episode recap since the tragic, untimely death of Luke Perry (it still hurts to see that).

We noted this on social media, but so that everyone knows: we recorded both this episode and last Monday's on February 27, before both the revival series was announced and Perry's stroke was reported. We'll discuss both in our next episode, dropping March 18.

  • Like 11
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

There is no way legal dilettante Matt is talented enough to achieve this huge victory.

Luke Perry should have asked for more takes if they were going to use that sample of David's voice for the art installation. It sounded like he was mumbling while asking a question.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Dylan: Have you ever heard of the pink moment?

Kelly: What's that? It sounds kind of obscene?

Dylan: It's what they call the sunset around here.

Kelly: Oh, good, 'cause you were kinda making me nervous. 

Ugh-[thunk]. You are too old, show, in S10 to try to get over racy, sex-tinged dialogue. Or at least you should have given this scene to Dylan and Gina, who could have sold it better.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

FYI, I had some trouble with the links to the visual aids. Both from the episode page on Acast, and the Againwiththis90210 page, I got an imgur error message. Could see them on the previously.tv page though.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, helent said:

FYI, I had some trouble with the links to the visual aids. Both from the episode page on Acast, and the Againwiththis90210 page, I got an imgur error message. Could see them on the previously.tv page though.

Sorry about that! Dave's fixing it now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if Kelly would have ended up with Matt if Luke never came back to the show. Brandon wasn't coming back so it was either Matt or single Kelly which most likely wouldn't have happened.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I wonder if Kelly would have ended up with Matt if Luke never came back to the show. Brandon wasn't coming back so it was either Matt or single Kelly which most likely wouldn't have happened.

No doubt. Because Kelly”IchoosemeexceptIdon’tbecauseIcan’tbealone”Taylor is how she rolls.

Share this post


Link to post

I think if Dylan hadn't come back, Kelly would've been in contact with either Brandon or Dylan, off-screen, & they would've fallen in love all over again, all off-screen, so she would've left the 90210 to be with him. I think end-game for Kelly was one of those men. Matt was just a dull place-holder. I wish they'd broken Kelly & Matt up earlier in the season, so Dylan & Kelly would've had time to organically get back together, like Donna & David did. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Is Janet Catholic? I'm Catholic and we most churches have very strict protocols regarding godparents.  Usually they have to have taken a bunch of classes (after the baby is born) and at least one needs to be a practicing Catholic.  

Pink Moment... seriously? Stop saying it. 

Share this post


Link to post

Noah could easily have made his point without making up a fictional dancer, but he's too lazy/stupid to do so. Yes, dancers are real people with real problems and real bills to pay. Shouldn't be that hard to explain, NOAH, or to understand, KELLY. You're both awful. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you for the lovely tribute to LP.  

I'm very excited to start listening to Melrose Place recaps also!  I was dreading not hearing you both at the end of Season 10.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

For some reason, I had conflated this treasure hunt slash surprise wedding with Gina's departure episode, but obviously that was incorrect.  So Janet really did have A friend to participate in this thing?

I enjoy our hosts' low-key shipping of Gina and Matt.

Speaking of our hosts, I am OVERJOYED to hear they're gonna be taking on "Melrose Place".  Sure sure, there's a bunch of boring stuff to get through in season one, but once we get into the good stuff, when there's people having verbal cat fights every episode when they're not fighting in pools, ripping off wigs, running people over, making too much tuna salad, etc. oh man is it gonna be so good!

*small voice* And I kinda remember liking that first Rinna season but I guess we'll see when we get there! *small voice*

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I kind of felt sorry for Daniel Cosgrove. He was a good looking guy, and a decent actor. But Matt was such an obvious placeholder character that you just couldn’t see him as anything other than a doormat, waiting around for his moment to valiantly step aside so Kelly and Dylan could be together. It’s too bad they didn’t bring him to the cast earlier so they could do more with him. I would’ve much rather seen more of him than the endless years we had with Noah. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, desertflower said:

I kind of felt sorry for Daniel Cosgrove. He was a good looking guy, and a decent actor. But Matt was such an obvious placeholder character that you just couldn’t see him as anything other than a doormat, waiting around for his moment to valiantly step aside so Kelly and Dylan could be together. It’s too bad they didn’t bring him to the cast earlier so they could do more with him. I would’ve much rather seen more of him than the endless years we had with Noah. 

Kelly proved herself with her "reputation" yet again with Matt. She was always going on about how much she loves him and how she doesn't love Dylan anymore, and so they get engaged.. and what does Kelly do? Sneaks behind his back with Dylan, and eventually leaves him for Dylan. She was just proven to be such a mess throughout the show, and we were supposed  to feel bad for her but she was a pretty awful person. All they needed was to throw Brandon back in the mix and they would have had a love square instead of yet another triangle. 

And yeah, Noah was on the show wayyy too long, and his relationship with Donna seemed like a lifetime. He was the Dylan the show thought they needed, but once the real Dylan came back, there was just no need for him.

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size