Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: ZuGoPet, Obvious Wines, Twist It Up Comb, Monti Kids

GoldenGirl90
  • Start Topic

On 1/30/2019 at 8:59 AM, Ottis said:

But one thing I couldn't figure out: Wasn't this more about the labeling than the wine? They could get the wine from anywhere. They just need to be able to define it on the label. Lori kept saying the wine was good, but I'm not sure that was the point. Also, given the wine market overall, I'm not sure how many people want to display a "wine for dummies" label when sharing wine. Even people who don't know much about wine can google a few things and fake it.

I think there is a pretty sizable market of people who don't know much about wine and find it intimidating but would like to learn more, and I can see those people buying this wine to drink at home -- but I agree most people wouldn't want to be seen bringing it to a dinner party or when guests come around. The low price point ($18) and social media campaign suggests he's targeting millenials who would buy it for casual get-togethers with friends, which I can see. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, retrograde said:

I think there is a pretty sizable market of people who don't know much about wine and find it intimidating but would like to learn more, and I can see those people buying this wine to drink at home -- but I agree most people wouldn't want to be seen bringing it to a dinner party or when guests come around. The low price point ($18) and social media campaign suggests he's targeting millenials who would buy it for casual get-togethers with friends, which I can see. 

I want to drink with you! $18 is a low price point for a bottle of wine? Maybe in the whole scheme of things, but for casual drinking? Meet you at the bar!

11 minutes ago, Ottis said:

I want to drink with you! $18 is a low price point for a bottle of wine? Maybe in the whole scheme of things, but for casual drinking? Meet you at the bar!

Hah no that's my point -- I think it's low in the scheme of wine prices, but probably around the price point the bougie millennials in those photos would think was fine for a casual afternoon with friends. (I do fully admit to spending a lot of money on wine myself, though).

• Love 1