Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E13: Cleared for Approach

ottoDbusdriver
  • Start Topic

On 1/29/2019 at 4:52 PM, Moxie Cat said:

Riddle me this:

Sister Chloe died in 2006 (per store guy).

Zeke said he was 15 when his sister died, and was talking on his phone (ok for 2006).

However...

"Missing" poster from 2017 said that Zeke was 36.

Indeed, Matt Long is 38. He's beautiful, but he's not 26.

hmmm....time travel or crappy writing?

That's exactly what I came for! I missed his age on the lost poster... the character supposedly being 36 makes sense. But based on the dialogue, he was 15 in 2006. Waaay to much gray in his beard for that. I loved Matt Long on Jack & Bobby (he was hard to like on Mad Men) and am looking forward to having a new dynamic on the show. :)

Crappy writing is the answer to every glitch on this show. Same reason Grandpa finally showed up. Why M & B aren't mourning their mom. How they get apartments and jobs set up so fast. How everything has happened in less than a month. 

On 1/29/2019 at 5:33 AM, Angeleyes said:

I wonder how long Ben and Grace scrubbed the door before figuring soap and water won’t work on dried paint? It’s kind of a metaphor for their marriage. 

LOL. That was super annoying -- get a blade, people. And what was Ben doing creeping around after dark banging on the front door, just after they had a big scare? Did he just bring buckets of water with him? Crappy writing!

On 1/29/2019 at 5:46 AM, CCTC said:

Ben was stupid and impulsive, but I thought the anger was completely understandable coupled with the building frustration.  I did think there was a bit of a plot hole for Jared not to inform him we are going to be monitoring them and watching them closely.

His anger was understandable, but going to confront the guy was not. Jared could have told him, you're right. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, snarktini said:

the character supposedly being 36 makes sense. But based on the dialogue, he was 15 in 2006.

Possible explanation (other than writing errors): Zeke went through a wormhole similar to the plane, but in his case, he aged 10 years.

• Love 3

Olive is an expert in symbolism now? So much so that Ben asks her for more informationinstead of, oh I don't know, using Google?

Grace is still super annoying. I can't believe she or Ben didn't use a magic eraser on the front door.

Not a fan of the cave man. But I think he plays well off of Michaela since both characters have the personality of a wet noodle and both of them are horrible actors.

• Love 2
On February 9, 2019 at 4:47 PM, juliet73 said:

I can't believe she or Ben didn't use a magic eraser on the front door

I'm all for magic erasers (especially the generic brand and especially the extra dense type), but as long as they kept scrubbing on the side of the glass door without the paint, nothing was going to happen, LOL.

• LOL 3

This is the most romantic episode)))))
Looks like Grace is finally letting go of her former love. I think this new guy was stuck in the story for her sake.
The whole series together and next. Both became psychologists for each other. Then they received a gift for that - they stood under a starry sky, holding hands. This mystical connection ...
But how Ben turns to his daughter for help in symbolism is funny, yes. But here, it is clear that he so simply wants to get close to her ... And he does it! Great approach!

On 1/28/2019 at 11:30 PM, fauntleroy said:

Drinking game Ben mentions 'my family'. A lot of his dialog is awful.

My famileeee!

Haha, I started watching this show the other day and have already played the game several times. I'm going to pickle my liver with this dialogue. 

• Love 1

In this episode, set in 2018, Zeke is listed as 36 years old in the "missing person" flier.

He says his sister died in 2006 when he was 15. Which makes him 27...

Also, his dad had not abandoned the family in this episode. But later Zeke says he left them before Chloe passed.

Someone should check the math. It's a show all about numbers and no one can add?

• Like 2