Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Scarlett45

Medici

A political family drama set in Florence in the early fifteenth century. Cosimo de Medici finds himself at the helm of his banking dynasty when his father, Giovanni, dies suddenly.

I searched but didn’t see a thread for this series. Season 1 is entitled Masters of Florence and Season 2 is entitled The Magnificent. 

I see several familiar faces from other costume dramas- and Dustin Hoffman as the family patriarch is a treat. 

Richard Marsden (Cosmio) is a young guy, so I think the long hair vs short hair with a grey streak is a clear indicator for flash back scenes. 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2019 at 9:44 PM, Constant Viewer said:

Yay a medici topic! I liked the first one, but haven't had time to watch the 2nd season yet.

Yasssss. You will like it!!!

I really love this show, although season 2 was a little uneven (didn't care about the subplot with Guilliano and Simonetta). I can't wait for season 3.

• Like 1

Yes. Season 3 has already been filmed. I think it's the last one, though. 

• Like 1

I recently discovered this show and was half way through season 2 before I realized there was an earlier season featuring Cosimo. (I love Richard Madden but his real accent keeps creeping in, one not appropriate for a 15th c Florentine.  Plus I want to smack him for his treatment of la magnifica Contessina.)  I’ll be thru with him in a couple days and can get back to Lorenzo.

It’s strange to see Sean Bean playing a hapless bad guy. 

• Like 2

I watched the first episode. So good so far. Coincidentally I’m reading the biography of the wife of this year’s bad guy.* It will be interesting to see how real events line up with the show.

*Tigress of Forlí. About Catarina Sforza, wife of Girolamo Riario. 

• Like 3

Wow, this season really plays fast and loose with the timeline. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 10:20 PM, Constant Viewer said:

. I am glad Contessina is showing up in flashbacks since she was my favorite character. 

I have only watched two episodes of the second season, so it is a bit too early to tell, bit I am not sure any of the current female leads have the presence she did in the first season.

• Like 1