Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
kariyaki

The Lost Boys

Ordered to pilot for CW network.

Logline: Welcome to sunny seaside Santa Carla, home to a beautiful boardwalk, all the cotton candy you can eat…and a secret underworld of vampires. After the sudden death of their father, two brothers move to Santa Carla with their mother, who hopes to start anew in the town where she grew up. But the brothers find themselves drawn deeper and deeper into the seductive world of Santa Carla’s eternally beautiful and youthful undead.

I remember they tried a few years ago to start this series. It now sounds like they are following the movie more closely. Well they will try do anyway lol.

I am fine with The Frog Sisters as long as they are not in a love triangle with the Sam character. I know this is the CW but if they must have a triangle let it be David/Starr and Michael. 

When I was a kid I preferred David over Michael. 

I'll give this a chance but so far not hopeful.  That original fit with the 80's.

• Like 1

CW Pilots Update: ‘Glamorous’ In Contention, ‘The Lost Boys’ Re-Piloted, ‘Jane the Novela’ Not Going Forward

Launching a series adaptation of the iconic 1987 Warner Bros horror comedy movie The Lost Boys on the CW may have to wait a little longer. The CW first tapped Rob Thomas to conceive and write The Lost Boys series during the 2016-17 development season. While the project didn’t go to pilot, the network brass remained very high on the title and had been looking to redevelop it. While Thomas has been busy with his Veronica Mars reboot for Hulu, a take by writer Heather Mitchell got the network’s attention and a pilot order. But while I hear the CW brass loved the script, not all elements in the pilot came together in the execution, thus the order for a reworked new pilot, which could feature recastings.

Wow, this must be a first. The actors cast for a CW show are so bad that even the network which has no minimum standard for acting talent wants them recast. 

• Laugh 1

I bet it was turning the Frog brothers into sisters. The recast will have them as brothers again.

On 5/7/2019 at 11:34 PM, paulvdb said:

Some of the casting choices did not sound great to me.  Cast changes either but its the CW and I figured they do not care lol. I guess I'm wrong. 

TVD are gone and Supernatural is finally!! ending so they must want a new hit show badly. 

On 5/8/2019 at 5:28 PM, greenbean said:

I bet it was turning the Frog brothers into sisters. The recast will have them as brothers again.

They were going to do WHAT???

On 2/27/2019 at 4:18 PM, ShadowHunter said:

I am fine with The Frog Sisters as long as they are not in a love triangle with the Sam character. I know this is the CW but if they must have a triangle let it be David/Starr and Michael. 

I can't believe that never occurred to me, since I loathe love triangles. CW usually loves them, though. 

I read that Starr would be David's girlfriend, and that she would be the only one that could calm him down, which I hated, because it sounds like the story of every girl with an abusive (asshole) boyfriend, putting his moods all on her.

Edited by Anela
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2019 at 3:36 PM, Anela said:

I can't believe that never occurred to me, since I loathe love triangles. CW usually loves them, though. 

I read that Starr would be David's girlfriend, and that she would be the only one that could calm him down, which I hated, because it sounds like the story of every girl with an abusive (asshole) boyfriend, putting his moods all on her.

Well I figured the show would explore the David/Starr relationship. Ugh well that's the CW for you. 

Honest it depends now who was recast. Maybe things are changing now because of that. 

• Like 1