Type keyword(s) to search

Roswell, New Mexico, Roswell (OG) and Roswell High

• Start Topic

On 2/18/2019 at 7:45 PM, phoenics said:

And Bridge (Brooke and Ridge from the Bold and the Beautiful) predates absolutely every smash ship name I've ever heard of.  That's been around since the eighties.

I'm not a soap opera follower, but it makes total sense that ship names were launched from that genre.

On 2/22/2019 at 12:37 AM, methodwriter85 said:

In the promo for the 2008 prom ep, we see Isobel ask Rosa to run away with her. So like are they going with the lesbian vibes, then? Of course I'm being influenced by the Peach/Beck storyline on You.

I still get the vibe it's going to be a major red herring.

Sounds to me like promo monkeys at work.

My current theory is that Isobel gets possessed by a male when she has these blackouts. Lily Cowles drops her voice in those scenes (and there was also a little bit where she was annoyed and wiping off her lipstick in a scene with Rosa) - I suspect it's an alien who either was previously involved with or became obsessed with Rosa, and for whatever reason, at some point could only approach her through Isobel.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I've been watching the OG series, and I have to say, I am very very unimpressed.  I'm in season two, and I hope to god it gets better.

The first half of the first season was the best, IMO. In the other seasons there were some good episodes and some not. So, you might want to continue to see the few winners.

• Love 1
(edited)

The false constellation Ophiuchus points right at another constellation, Scorpius. The main star in that constellation, Alpha Scorpii is also known by another name: Antares.

Edited by Whodunnit
Auto correct correction
  • Useful 1
23 hours ago, Whodunnit said:

The false constellation Ophiuchus points right at another constellation, Scorpius. The main star in that constellation, Alpha Scorpii is also known by another name: Antares.

Was the home planet Antar from OG Roswell in the Antares solar system?

And where do we see this? Got a screen grab?

6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Wow, I didn't know, or maybe just don't remember, any of this. What kind of shit did they do?! I guess this is all pretty off-topic. I need to go see if there's a thread for the original Roswell lol.

I think this is a better place for it:

Among other gross things I saw a production assistant talk about how they used to deliberately do things like piss and shit themselves on camera to mess up takes, "accidentally" break props, turn up hours late on set hung over/drunk, and just act however they wanted any time they felt like it, sometimes making a competition out of it. I've seen someone say many of the younger cast it didn't matter because it was just a teen show about aliens as a reason for their behaviour but I don't think it can be that entirely. 

This wasn't all the younger actors all the time but it was many of them and the set was often a nightmare. 

• Love 2

Shiri and Katherine were also in a fairly infamous three-year feud. Katherine reportedly auditioned for Liz and was pretty pissed off it went to Shiri, and she was angry Shiri was first in the credits (something her manager reportedly guaranteed). And while Jason and Katherine dated for a long time, there were rumors that he liked Shiri during S1 filming but she had a boyfriend, and Katherine knew he'd liked her at one time. The drama behind the camera was much wilder at points than on it, lol. There were supposedly points when literally it was only Colin Hanks behaving himself of the younger cast. 

It's fairly obvious that Katherine negotiated a bigger role and a different plot in S3, which ultimately was unfortunate because it was a bad plot, but that tends to keep happening with Katherine - she campaigns for stories that fans don't like and doesn't really accept any responsibility when they flop. And it was a bummer for me because Isabel was actually my favorite female character in the first two seasons - I've said before I'm much fonder of this Liz as her own character than I was of Liz Parker individually (although of course, Jason and Shiri had incredible chemistry and so I couldn't help rooting for those two crazy kids).

• Love 5
(edited)

At least some of the cast members who were the biggest culprits (coughBrendanMajandracough) owned up to their shitty behavior and apologized for it later in life after they realized just how awful they were.  Katherine and Shiri definitely didn't get along and that became clearer on one of Shiri's instagram posts awhile back.  Katherine commented on it and her and Shiri engaged, wishing they could do it all over again but differently.  It was an interesting little read.

I think if some of those actors knew then that their careers wouldn't lead them where they were hoping, they wouldn't have behaved the way they did on the show that made them names.  Not that they haven't had roles since then, but at the time I think they were too young and thought they were more famous than they really were.  

Edited by ellieart
To clarify who actually apologized
  • Love 5

I mean, the biggest issue with Katherine is she did it again, when she was older and on a much bigger stage with Grey's Anatomy. Brendan and Majandra seemingly learned the first time around, but I think Katherine has burned a lot more bridges because Shonda does not play. 

I definitely think the devotion of the Roswell fanbase went to the actors' heads; for a lot of them, it was their first big job. I was relieved that these actors would be older in RNM, heh. 

But since we're gossiping about old times, let us also enjoy more recent pictures; I'm glad fences have mostly been mended.

tumblr_p6ogh7ivlK1qcwngqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oyx0p8R7yO1ra0efio1_500.jpg

70a55d97bde2d8242327958b23b6892cb550f7a6

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Cristofle said:

Katherine has burned a lot more bridges because Shonda does not play. 

Not just Shonda. If she'd been able to back up her questionable behaviour during the period between wanting to leave Greys and actually leaving (and there were other messes at the same time that weren't her fault, that show has often been a shit show BTS) with then staring in movies that actually made money, all would have been forgiven. But she was getting paid "new Julia Roberts/Reese Witherspoon" money for movies that were flopping and getting ever more formulaic. So she sank both her TV and movie career for a time. 

The others yeah, they've come to realise (or at least know they should say so) that their behaviour was unacceptable. Even with things going to their heads it seems they were beyond out of control at times. 

32 minutes ago, ellieart said:

I think if some of those actors knew then that their careers wouldn't lead them where they were hoping, they wouldn't have behaved the way they did on the show that made them names.  Not that they haven't had roles since then, but at the time I think they were too young and thought they were more famous than they really were.  

So much of an actor's career is a crapshoot with the right role coming along at the right time etc but since this whole topic started with discussing potential blackballing, it shouldn't take a genius to realise if you develop a reputation for trouble or costing people money then you aren't going to be employed. They'd all worked pre Roswell. And even the highest rated WB shows had actors struggling after they finished. Although it probably was hard to see that when you're in the middle of it. 

14 minutes ago, Cristofle said:

But since we're gossiping about old times, let us also enjoy more recent pictures; I'm glad fences have mostly been mended.

Heh. I kind of love "available for parties and reboots". 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Not just Shonda. If she'd been able to back up her questionable behaviour during the period between wanting to leave Greys and actually leaving (and there were other messes at the same time that weren't her fault, that show has often been a shit show BTS) with then staring in movies that actually made money, all would have been forgiven. But she was getting paid "new Julia Roberts/Reese Witherspoon" money for movies that were flopping and getting ever more formulaic. So she sank both her TV and movie career for a time. 

LOL. True re: the mess that has been GA behind the scenes since pretty much ever. With Katherine, I honestly think she often does better in supporting roles - both Isabel and Izzie were more likable when they were more supporting characters. But she doesn't like to be a supporting actress, or at least she didn't on Roswell or GA. So she often kind of shot herself in the foot aiming for a more leading role, or she chose bad roles that had her as the lead actress. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, phoenics said:

He got blacklisted for suing his manager.  I forget all the details, but the manager was well connected and that led to the blackballing of him.  It's a real shame - we lost 20 years of JB goodness because of that.  

Why did he sue his manager?

On 4/3/2020 at 7:29 PM, ellieart said:

At least the cast members who were the biggest culprits (coughBrendanMajandraKatherinecough) owned up to their shitty behavior and apologized for it later in life after they realized just how awful they were.  Katherine and Shiri definitely didn't get along and that became clearer on one of Shiri's instagram posts awhile back.  Katherine commented on it and her and Shiri engaged, wishing they could do it all over again but differently.  It was an interesting little read.

When did Katherine Heigl ever apologize for her behavior?  I never saw an apology?

Also - I was connected to the BTS from this show and it was actually Shiri AND Colin who behaved.  KH got most of the cast to lobby to take Shiri's screentime and most of S2 Shiri was ostracized and left out.  She wasn't misbehaving on set like the others - she wasn't even included in "the others" clique.  In fact it was well known she and Colin were so close because they both were left on the outside by the rest of the cast due to KH's machinations and also her dating JB at the time.  That's how Shiri got a part in that Tom Hanks movie - Colin connected her with the right people for his dad's movie and she earned a role.

Do you have a link to the specific Instagram post where KH and Shiri engaged?  

16 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Why did he sue his manager?

Sorry - I had it wrong.  Jason fired his manager and the manager sued for breach of contract.  That led to the blacklisting.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, phoenics said:

Sorry - I had it wrong.  Jason fired his manager and the manager sued for breach of contract.  That led to the blacklisting.

Well then, why did he fire his manager?

Reading about all this drama is really making my day lol.

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, phoenics said:

When did Katherine Heigl ever apologize for her behavior?  I never saw an apology?

Also - I was connected to the BTS from this show and it was actually Shiri AND Colin who behaved.  KH got most of the cast to lobby to take Shiri's screentime and most of S2 Shiri was ostracized and left out.  She wasn't misbehaving on set like the others - she wasn't even included in "the others" clique.  In fact it was well known she and Colin were so close because they both were left on the outside by the rest of the cast due to KH's machinations and also her dating JB at the time.  That's how Shiri got a part in that Tom Hanks movie - Colin connected her with the right people for his dad's movie and she earned a role.

Do you have a link to the specific Instagram post where KH and Shiri engaged?  

As far as I know, Katherine never actually apologized for what she did while on the show.  Just that the other two did.  That was my bad, I left out the word some.  Some of the biggest culprits owned up to it (Brendan and Majandra).  

This is where I saw the Shiri/Katherine exchange that sort of confirmed that they didn't really get along and that it was mostly because of Katherine's bahavior:

It doesn't surprise me that the most professional of the cast was Shiri and Colin.  She was doing this long before that show and Colin being the son of one of America's treasures wanted to carve out his own career and pave his own way without piggybacking on his father's success.  They've been the two with the most success, without having negativity attached to their name.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Majandra in particular has been very candid that she didn't have the best behavior at the time and she's not especially proud of it. Brendan had some of the wildest stories attached to him that I heard, heh, but Jason apparently was often more than willing to join in.

If Katherine has ever apologized publicly for how she behaved on the Roswell set, I never heard about it. She did apologize, sort of, about Grey's Anatomy several years later. And GA's BTS issues are by no means all her fault (whereas from virtually every story I heard about Shiri and Katherine's conflict, Katherine was the antagonist) but her complaining about long hours on a talk show when it turned out her hours were adjusted to make it more possible for her to film a movie were pretty bad, and it was annoying she complained about a story she vocally championed and fought for. 

Cute pic from Jeanine's Twitter.

EU2vCfXXgAE0Efd?format=jpg

A little surreal to see Shiri in those antennas, heh.

• Love 6
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Cristofle said:

Majandra in particular has been very candid that she didn't have the best behavior at the time and she's not especially proud of it. Brendan had some of the wildest stories attached to him that I heard, heh, but Jason apparently was often more than willing to join in.

If Katherine has ever apologized publicly for how she behaved on the Roswell set, I never heard about it. She did apologize, sort of, about Grey's Anatomy several years later. And GA's BTS issues are by no means all her fault (whereas from virtually every story I heard about Shiri and Katherine's conflict, Katherine was the antagonist) but her complaining about long hours on a talk show when it turned out her hours were adjusted to make it more possible for her to film a movie were pretty bad, and it was annoying she complained about a story she vocally championed and fought for. 

Cute pic from Jeanine's Twitter.

EU2vCfXXgAE0Efd?format=jpg

A little surreal to see Shiri in those antennas, heh.

I knew nothing about what went on behind the scenes on OG Roswell, but weren´t they most of them in their 20s, old enough to know better?. Also, someone said if they had known their careers wouldn´t really pan out the way the expected, for the most part, they would have behaved differently...that, in itself, is highly problematic, if people only behave because they expect a reward, in this case a bigger career, that says very little about human decency in general. Showbusiness is very fickle, you have to be at the top of the game for shitty behavior to be tolerated for long, so I´m not surprised if there were consequences...Katherine Heighl seems to have had plenty of chances, though.

Edited by Bloga
6 minutes ago, Bloga said:

I knew nothing about what went on behind the scenes on OG Roswell, but weren´t they most of them in their 20s, old enough to know better?. Also, someone said if they had known their careers wouldn´t really pan out the way the expected, for the most part, they would have behaved differently...that, in itself, is highly problematic, if people only behave because they expect a reward, in this case a bigger career, that says very little about human decency in general. Showbusiness is very fickle, you have to be at the top of the game for shitty behavior to be tolerated for long, so I´m not surprised if there were consequences...Katherine Heighl seems to have had plenty of chances, though.

They were in their late teens/early 20s, with Jason being the oldest of the main cast in his mid-20s.  So while we can look at it now and say that they SHOULD have known better, at that age for a lot of us, we act like our shit don't stink and we're still so immature.  Add in the fact that they were actors on a popular teen show, and that just makes it so so so much worse.  

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, ellieart said:

They were in their late teens/early 20s, with Jason being the oldest of the main cast in his mid-20s.  So while we can look at it now and say that they SHOULD have known better, at that age for a lot of us, we act like our shit don't stink and we're still so immature.  Add in the fact that they were actors on a popular teen show, and that just makes it so so so much worse.  

Yesurmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?ContentTypeID=1&ContentID=3051

The rational part of a teen’s brain isn’t fully developed and won’t be until age 25 or so.

Majandra was just 19 when they shot the Pilot.

2 hours ago, Cristofle said:

EU2vCfXXgAE0Efd?format=jpg Very sweet. Thanks for sharing, @Cristofle

Edited by shapeshifter
3 hours ago, ellieart said:

As far as I know, Katherine never actually apologized for what she did while on the show.  Just that the other two did.  That was my bad, I left out the word some.  Some of the biggest culprits owned up to it (Brendan and Majandra).  

This is where I saw the Shiri/Katherine exchange that sort of confirmed that they didn't really get along and that it was mostly because of Katherine's bahavior:

It doesn't surprise me that the most professional of the cast was Shiri and Colin.  She was doing this long before that show and Colin being the son of one of America's treasures wanted to carve out his own career and pave his own way without piggybacking on his father's success.  They've been the two with the most success, without having negativity attached to their name.  

Wow - that was a pretty mature post that KH left.  I may have to try to forgive her.  And that's saying something, coming from me.  Wow.  I can only imagine what that meant to Shiri, given what KH did to her.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm a little leery of saying "oh they were so young, their brains weren't fully developed and they were on a hit show it's not surprising". Plenty of young actors have the sense to be grateful for their opportunities and not deliberately cause chaos on the set of the show that's paying the bills. And conversely some actors never mature even when they have absolutely no excuse. I was certainly not on my best behaviour at that age but I got through uni without causing chaos or seriously pissing off my department and going to classes and so do the majority of people.

And this show even struggled to get a third season and was partly saved by the tabasco sauce campaign (as much as these things ever have any influence) they were never the DC etc type kings of the WB, even if they felt like it. 

2 hours ago, Bloga said:

Also, someone said if they had known their careers wouldn´t really pan out the way the expected, for the most part, they would have behaved differently...that, in itself, is highly problematic,

I guess it's honest though. Or maybe just "if we had known we were only biggish fish in a small pond in hindsight we would have had a different attitude."

I completely get why KH wanted to be leading lady but with the character she was cast as I'm not sure why she thought she needed to go to war for it. It's not like Shiri was unpopular or didn't have chemistry with JB as Max despite some of my frustration with Liz. 

This thread actually inspired me to watch the pilot today. MD does indeed look extremely young. And Colin. I've been saying he kept his Roswell baby face for years but wow he looks like a baby there. And it made me love the antennae. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1
(edited)
27 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Yesurmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?ContentTypeID=1&ContentID=3051

Majandra was just 19 when they shot the Pilot.

EU2vCfXXgAE0Efd?format=jpg Very sweet. Thanks for sharing, @Cristofle

Yes, I get they were young, but the things I´ve read on this site about some of  them pissing themselves and fouling themselves in order to delay filming, I mean, seriously, that´s just insane. I never knew anything about what went on bts, I was very young  when og Roswell aired, I watched it years later.

Edited by Bloga
2 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

I'm a little leery of saying "oh they were so young, their brains weren't fully developed and they were on a hit show it's not surprising". Plenty of young actors have the sense to be grateful for their opportunities and not deliberately cause chaos on the set of the show that's paying the bills. And conversely some actors never mature even when they have absolutely no excuse.

Oh for sure, it's not meant to excuse their behavior, but it's realistic behavior for the ages they were at the time...tv show or no tv show.

4 minutes ago, phoenics said:

Wow - that was a pretty mature post that KH left.  I may have to try to forgive her.  And that's saying something, coming from me.  Wow.  I can only imagine what that meant to Shiri, given what KH did to her.

I know, I feel weird wanting to give KH any credit or respect but that was pretty big of her.  She's such a talented actress and it's too bad that she couldn't be more humble and human, she could have had such a great career.  It's never too late to try and make amends, whether the person on the receiving end forgives, it still does mean something to them to finally hear it.

• Love 4
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Bloga said:

Yes, I get they were young, but the things I´ve read about some of  them pissing themselves and fouling themselves in order to delay filming, I mean, seriously, that´s just insane 

That was just Brendan and Jason though.

I think that it wasn't the show making them feel like they were big dogs - it was mostly Brendan (when KH was dating him) almost getting the part of Anakin Skywalker, then it was JB/KH thinking they were the next Tom Cruise and Julia Roberts - literally both of them started acting like like them in scenes and especially on the red carpet.  KH started doing half nude shots on furs (lol).  Majandra thought she was gonna be a music star - still kinda indie, but still a star.  But mostly it was KH/JB/BF who thought they were gonna blow up after the show - even though the show wasn't that popular.

Also - it was mostly that many of them thought the show would end after S1 and felt the show was standing in their way - so that's also why some of them immaturely acted a fool on set too.

If Jason hadn't fired his manager when he landed Roswell, he might have made it.  If KH had been less insecure and fame-hungry, she might have made it.  Hilariously I wish Brendan HAD gotten the Anakin Skywalker role - he would have been so much better than Hayden (even if Hayden was cuter).

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, phoenics said:

That was just Brendan and Jason though.

I think that it wasn't the show making them feel like they were big dogs - it was mostly Brendan (when KH was dating him) almost getting the part of Anakin Skywalker, then it was JB/KH thinking they were the next Tom Cruise and Julia Roberts - literally both of them started acting like like them in scenes and especially on the red carpet.  KH started doing half nude shots on furs (lol).  Majandra thought she was gonna be a music star - still kinda indie, but still a star.  But mostly it was KH/JB/BF who thought they were gonna blow up after the show - even though the show wasn't that popular.

Also - it was mostly that many of them thought the show would end after S1 and felt the show was standing in their way - so that's also why some of them immaturely acted a fool on set too.

If Jason hadn't fired his manager when he landed Roswell, he might have made it.  If KH had been less insecure and fame-hungry, she might have made it.  Hilariously I wish Brendan HAD gotten the Anakin Skywalker role - he would have been so much better than Hayden (even if Hayden was cuter).

You´d think any actor´s dream would be to be a working actor. But it seems at that time, late 90s, early 00s, lots of teen heartthrobs had their start on tv and couldn´t wait to go on to bigger and better things, thinking they deserved more. Busy Philipps talks about it on her book, how the main actors on Dawson´s Creek complained about beind tied to the show and wanted out, she mentioned James, it´s funny because he ended up having the lesser career out of everyone on the show

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Bloga said:

You´d think any actor´s dream would be to be a working actor. But it seems at that time, late 90s, early 00s, lots of teen heartthrobs had their start on tv and couldn´t wait to go on to bigger and better things, thinking they deserved more. Busy Philipps talks about it on her book, how the main actors on Dawson´s Creek complained about beind tied to the show and wanted out, she mentioned James, it´s funny because he ended up having the lesser career out of everyone on the show

It's so funny how back then, moving on to movies was the bigger and better career move and now for the past few years, the huge stars are flocking to tv shows because there's so much better content.  If I was an actress, I'd just be happy to have a role.

• Love 7

It sounds like they behaved terribly, but overall it seems to be a Thing when there is a breakout teen hit.  Fame goes to their heads.

I believe the kids of the OC wanted for the show to end because the wanted to move on.  At least one of them behaved so badly they were happy to write her off.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm confused, where on that SA instagram post did KH comment?

When I use the app on my phone, the conversation pops up right away at the top of the comments section, but when I access it via my computer, I have to rifle through to get to it.  But it's in there.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ellieart said:

When I use the app on my phone, the conversation pops up right away at the top of the comments section, but when I access it via my computer, I have to rifle through to get to it.  But it's in there.

I don't see conversations in Instagram for the referenced post (I think it's this one https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx0oy0ynZVB/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link), but I'll take your word for it. It's always nice when folks can forgive each other. Way better than just forgetting.

20 hours ago, Featherhat said:

I'm a little leery of saying "oh they were so young, their brains weren't fully developed and they were on a hit show it's not surprising". Plenty of young actors have the sense to be grateful for their opportunities and not deliberately cause chaos on the set of the show that's paying the bills. And conversely some actors never mature even when they have absolutely no excuse. I was certainly not on my best behaviour at that age but I got through uni without causing chaos or seriously pissing off my department and going to classes and so do the majority of people.

Even though I posted the quote about teen brains, I totally agree with everything you posted here^, @Featherhat
I wound up making some poor choices (in part because I was sent away to a party college town at 16) and didn't get my degree(s) until after I had 3 kids and got divorced, so I like to at least consider the maturity issue. But, yeah, some folks never grow up. Although often I think that's owing to a lot of bad experiences when they were young --like my ex husband had.

Anyway, when I was looking for the KH comment in Shiri's Insta, I found this pic that I love because Shiri looks like she did 20 years ago, and it's a meeting of the minds of the 2 Lizes --kind of like OG Liz passing the torch/script --although I assume this is really a view of Shiri as director and Jeanine as actor, which is cool too:

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Thanks for that @ellieart.

Ditto!

It’s so refreshing to see such positivity in today’s media. 
I bet both Shiri and KH could benefit from a joint project in part because of all the residual OG Roswell devotion, which this new version enhances. 
—if that makes sense?

• Love 3
22 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Ditto!

It’s so refreshing to see such positivity in today’s media. 
I bet both Shiri and KH could benefit from a joint project in part because of all the residual OG Roswell devotion, which this new version enhances. 
—if that makes sense?

Can we get Shiri/JB first?

• Love 2

I didn't realize Majandra was part of the nonsense that went on too. I thought she and Shiri had been close during filming, but I didn't watch the show when it was on air or follow the backstage shenanigans so I'm going mostly off their commentary. 

Where was Nick Wechsler in all this? Or was he not filming often enough to have a side or be part of the stupidity? 

1 hour ago, Jenniferbug said:

I didn't realize Majandra was part of the nonsense that went on too. I thought she and Shiri had been close during filming, but I didn't watch the show when it was on air or follow the backstage shenanigans so I'm going mostly off their commentary. 

Where was Nick Wechsler in all this? Or was he not filming often enough to have a side or be part of the stupidity? 

I remember Shiri and Majandra had a falling out during the series run. But have since made up?

Also that Brendan and Majandra would post on foums and cause havoc. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, backhometome said:

I remember Shiri and Majandra had a falling out during the series run. But have since made up?

Also that Brendan and Majandra would post on foums and cause havoc. 

Yes, they've talked about that. They were super close and then they had a falling out, but later patched things up.

• Love 1

Answering this question from the ep thread:

I watched the old show sporadically, I was a bit too young for it at the time, so I don´t remember watching that story arc you´re referencing...can you explain it a bit? how did Michael try taking Max´s place? what happened?

I was referencing a plot at the end of the OG show. Max also briefly died in that show after trying to save an old man basically at gunpoint, but he ended up transferring his...essence into that body and then overtaking it. However, their bodies seemed to be somehow hardwired where if Max died, Michael would become king. So Michael got some sort of symbol of the king on his chest and it...did not go well, he ended up kind of threatening Maria, and ultimately Max took the symbol back after he and Michael destroyed Isabel's apartment, heh. It's hard to say how Max and Michael are connected when it comes to their home planet in this show, other than their mothers seem to have been very close even before the crash, given how close they were in the immediate aftermath. Noah said all three of them were protected in the upper class and all three of them were needed for leverage. But he did say Max was the savior, and if Carina continues to be influenced by the OG show (which she clearly is even declaring Max a "savior", Max had no life prior to the crash and had no role above Michael in the books. Also, Max and Michael were extremely close in the books, it was in the OG show that their relationship was more complicated), if Michael ever tries to take on the 'savior' mantle for some reason, it probably will not work out well for him.

On 4/3/2020 at 7:51 PM, Cristofle said:

IBut since we're gossiping about old times, let us also enjoy more recent pictures; I'm glad fences have mostly been mended.

tumblr_p6ogh7ivlK1qcwngqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oyx0p8R7yO1ra0efio1_500.jpg

70a55d97bde2d8242327958b23b6892cb550f7a6

God, they're still so cute together. Can Shiri guest star as Jason Behr's character's wife? 

On 4/5/2020 at 7:22 PM, phoenics said:

But mostly it was KH/JB/BF who thought they were gonna blow up after the show - even though the show wasn't that popular.

I remember the three of them making the cover of Life magazine in 2000, which was really the only non-teen media coverage I can remember from the time. I don't know if this was a contributing factor to them thinking they were the most important of the cast or that there was more interest in the show than there really was. 

In terms of the KH drama, I remember reading somewhere (probably on the OG thread) that some of the character shift toward Isabel stemmed from young Shiri Appleby not wanting to do the promotional stuff as she was kind of shy and thinking she could just show up and do her job and be professional and that it wouldn't impact her storylines, but it didn't work like that. 

On 4/8/2020 at 11:35 AM, backhometome said:

I remember reading an interview with them in Seventeen magazine during season 2 of the original run. In it they were friends that had had some kind of drama that they had already moved on from and were hanging out eating chocolate birthday cake for breakfast. I realize it could've been fake friendship, but the tone of their conversation seemed very similar to how they interact on the DVD commentaries. 

47 minutes ago, bettername2come said:

God, they're still so cute together. Can Shiri guest star as Jason Behr's character's wife? 

Tripp could literally slaughter every character in 1947 and I will forgive him if there is one throwaway scene where he goes home to his wife played by Shiri.

13ac12bc3f0c1d64711016c086be40f0c243f1d3

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Cristofle said:

Tripp could literally slaughter every character in 1947 and I will forgive him if there is one throwaway scene where he goes home to his wife played by Shiri.

13ac12bc3f0c1d64711016c086be40f0c243f1d3

THAT'S the show I'd watch

• Love 2