Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/28/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, Jan. 28 
The Political View with former Trump aide Cliff Sims (“Team of Vipers: My 500 Extraordinary Days in the Trump White House”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Jan. 29 
Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz (“From the Ground Up: A Journey to Reimagine the Promise of America”)

Wednesday, Jan. 30 
 The Political View with Chris Christie (“Let Me Finish: Trump, the Kushners, Bannon, New Jersey, and the Power of In-Your-Face Politics”)

Thursday, Jan. 31 
The Political View with mayor of South Bend Indiana and democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg

Friday, Feb. 1 
Will Arnett (“The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part”); Chef Emeril Lagasse shares Super Bowl snacks with the co-hosts; ABC News’ Deborah Roberts (“20/20”)

Edited by Jaded
Date. Date. Date.
  • Love 3

Three people on Friday? Why does the View do this? I know the chef will probably be cooking throughout the show and sharing snacks at the beginning of each segment but that is still a significant amount of time spent with someone not named Ana. I do like Will Arnett though and love all of the Lego movies so I think this will probably be the best day of the week.

The other days don't really sound all that appealing.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

And was Meghan trying to mock Obama for being a community organizer? Something in the way she said it reeked of sarcasm... when is she gonna let that grudge go?

I actually heard it a little differently. I thought Megs was saying that Obama had other experience. I could be wrong but that is the way I heard it.

BTW, I noticed they made her take off the cowbell. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan says over the weekend people have been saying she's leading a massive exodus (her word) from the Republican party... who tf is she talking about, the people in her head? What major news organization is covering the "breaking news" that Meghan is possibly leaving the Republican party?

Megan is a nobody in the Republican party and if there is an exit, it has nothing to do with her.   She really believes her own hype. 

8 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

And was Meghan trying to mock Obama for being a community organizer? Something in the way she said it reeked of sarcasm... when is she gonna let that grudge go?

She was actually very respectful to him and was sincere in her defense of him.  

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

One who understood how state and local government worked. AND a state legislator before he ran for the Senate. AND a Harvard educated attorney. 

• Love 20
1 minute ago, rickhurst3186 said:

I actually heard it a little differently. I thought Megs was saying that Obama had other experience. I could be wrong but that is the way I heard it.

BTW, I noticed they made her take off the cowbell. 

Yeah, she did say he had experience, but idk. Someone in the background mentioned his time in the Senate after she said that (Joy I think), but they were all talking over each other. Why did she go straight to his title as a community organizer and not his more important titles such as Senator or law professor? 

1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

She was actually very respectful to him and was sincere in her defense of him.  

Yeah, Idk. I feel like his other titles would've been better examples. He's mocked a lot by people on the right for his time as a community organizer so that's why I felt she used that as an example instead of his time as a Senator or law professor. 

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Felt like to me Whoppi thought he had a credibility problem for her.

Simms seemed to want things both ways. He writes a book trashing his ex boss' administration, yet, he seems to want to keep his approval. So, what was the purpose of writing a book in the first place.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Fuck off Meghan with that litter box crap.  It was a freaking joke.  Get over your fat ass self.

Oh, and last time I checked Miami was not a state AND it has a beach. Dumb ass.

Nutmeg is a  special snowflake who likes to call herself a tough chick.

• Love 23
25 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Yeah, Idk. I feel like his other titles would've been better examples. He's mocked a lot by people on the right for his time as a community organizer so that's why I felt she used that as an example instead of his time as a Senator or law professor. 

"community organizer"  was a label often used to describe Obama by a certain blonde co-host who used to sit in Meghan's chair, and for whom Meghan expressed admiration.  

10 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Fuck off Meghan. 

As often as this is posted, I will like and quote it. 

• Love 18
14 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Fuck off Meghan with that litter box crap.  It was a freaking joke.  Get over your fat ass self.

Oh, and last time I checked Miami is not a state AND it has a beach. Dumb ass.

I could not believe this was brought up again. She is unbearable.  It's a stupid joke. And Meghan being so butthurt because Ana repeated it, omfg. She never even said Ana's name. 

I ff as soon as she started to say "not to humble brag, I was texting with Erika Jane " ugh.

The way she yelled at Abby wtf, if I didnt already think I knew the jist of that relationship, I definitely do now.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 21
On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:19 AM, Jaded said:

Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz (“From the Ground Up: A Journey to Reimagine the Promise of America”)

Ugh.  this guy is running for president as an independent. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

2 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

So the Cactus Monologues continue.

I live in WV.  You know how many fucking jokes I have heard?

Meghan has the emotional temperament of a preschooler.    Every state is made of fun of.  Jesus Christ Meghan Colin Quinn wasn't saying you roll around in a litter box getting cat shit in your hair.

3 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I ff as soon as she started to say "not to humble brag, I was texting with Erika Jane " ugh.

She thinks this is something to brag about?  Joy being friends with Alan Alda is something to brag about.  Bragging about texting with a very minor celeb from a reality show is something a minor celeb would do.

• Love 21
1 minute ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Can she move back to Arizona and run the some tourism committee.  Since she rides so hard for Arizona.  

I read some comments about Meghan on an Arizona news website.  Doesn't sound like they want her back.

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I live in WV.  You know how many fucking jokes I have heard?

Meghan has the emotional temperament of a preschooler.    Every state is made of fun of.  Jesus Christ Meghan Colin Quinn wasn't saying you roll around in a litter box getting cat shit in your hair.

She thinks this is something to brag about?  Joy being friends with Alan Alda is something to brag about.  Bragging about texting with a very minor celeb from a reality show is something a minor celeb would do.

I know right. She must think it's a big deal. But remember this is the same woman who was hanging out with that woman Tia Tequila  back a few years ago.  Talk about classy friends. 

I still don't think she knows what a humble brag is.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I read some comments about Meghan on an Arizona news website.  Doesn't sound like they want her back.

Meghan would be a disgrace to any state. The way she conducts herself daily is embarrassing.

And that has nothing to do with her politics, despite how she builds her entire identity around being a "Republican victim." Even though I don't agree with her on most things, I think Abby is a good representative of my state, NC! She is composed, prepared, and a team player. She doesn't come to the table expecting everyone to bow down to her. She doesn't go berserk when someone responds to her either.

But I don't define my identity by my state anyway. It's just the place I was born and I doubt I would've chosen it.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 20
32 minutes ago, optimistprime said:

So it wasn’t Colin Quinn saying the joke that got her upset, it was Ana repeating it (hence the “what if I said that about Miami” nonsense today)? It 👏 was 👏 a 👏 joke.

What is the back story with her and Ana? 

Applying basic common sense here - if the joke didn't offend, there's no reason to be offended by someone else repeating the joke.  Ana joked about Meghan's pet cactus with its own IG page as being a supporting point to Colin's joke which poked fun of Arizona's natural environment. I didn't see the segment so I'm going to trust everyone's recap that she was stupid enough to compare it to Miami which is not only a city but a coastal city with BEACHES which means it would never work with his joke anyway. EVERY state has some kind of joke/stereotype about it. Would she rather be a New Jersey joke about being a failed experiment that shouldn't continue to exist? Because that's his NJ joke.

It didn't take her the whole weekend to decide that she was offended by the joke. She was offended right away. What a coward to wait until Monday when Ana wasn't there (and after making Ana take a picture of her pet cactus and putting it up on her IG page) to address it.

• Love 18
6 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Within the past few years, we've seen at least two very successful movements started by "community organizers": Black Lives Matter and #MeToo. The time to mock community organizers, if it ever existed, is long past, and Meghan should know that.

Edited by heysmilinstrange
typo
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan says over the weekend people have been saying she's leading a massive exodus (her word) from the Republican party... who tf is she talking about, the people in her head? What major news organization is covering the "breaking news" that Meghan is possibly leaving the Republican party?

It was covered here https://www.newsweek.com/meghan-mccain-no-longer-calls-herself-republican-says-gops-character-seems-be-1306607

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

It didn't take her the whole weekend to decide that she was offended by the joke. She was offended right away

What an idiot.  Will that girl EVER learn to take a joke--even one not directed at her?   I was born in Arizona and am still here 78+yrs later.  I say much WORSE things about my state...which I love.  Meghan, please continue your "no children" stance.  You do not have what it takes to be a mom.  You're just too fragile.

Meghan seemed unusually happy and upbeat today.  Perhaps she needs the love of 2-3 other TV audiences every weekend.   Van Jones can always be counted on for a tongue-bath.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 18

Please. I live in Illinois and Chicago at that... The butt of many many jokes. Get over it fat ass MM. she came out today guns a blazing. Yelled at the audience again!   Yelled at Abby. Screaming over everyone. And she got an AZ tourism commercial jammed down our throats. 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

my Dish Network DVR did not record The View today, and is seeing all this week's episodes as reruns. 

Can you set your DVR to record each episode manually? I've heard those Dish Hoppers have weird quirks.

21 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I grew up in Alabama. Nuff said, Arizona. :-) Take a joke

I grew up in AL and am stuck in a state next door to it so I've heard jokes about both all my life. The joke that was made about AZ was mild compared to jokes about other places that I've heard.

• Love 11

I reluctantly tuned in and only made it to where Meghan starts yelling at Abby before I turned it off.  And I barely made it that far because I didn't think I would get through all of her "But can I just say something?"  "Wait - can I just say one more thing?"  "But wait, I need to say something!"  She was on fire with those.  I think she has finally killed this show for me.  Because I feel like watching is just an exercise in futility that I no longer wish to participate in.  Beating a dead horse x 1000.  Every day is just lather, rinse, repeat. 

• Love 18
53 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Can you set your DVR to record each episode manually? I've heard those Dish Hoppers have weird quirks.

Yes, I did for the rest of the week.  This is the first time the DVR has done this, it is skipping the whole week because it comes up as reruns.   I posted that in case anyone else was getting the show on their DVR this week.   

• Love 1