Type keyword(s) to search

Sheldon Cooper/Jim Parsons: Bazinga

I am currently watching Sherlock on Netflix. It is amazing to see the behavior of Benedict as Sherlock. He is like Sheldon on speed. I have watched many incarnations of Sherlock Holmes in my lifetime and have never made the connection. Maybe its Benedict's mannerisms or looks. Social conventions, interpersonal relationships, current affairs outside his interests, and general good manners are not in his wheelhouse. Leonard is most definitely his Watson. The one people like that runs interference for Sheldon with people. So many parallels.

Is it just me?

• Love 1

Interesting comparison but I think Sherlock is smarter, more socially aware than Sheldon. I also think he has a greater capacity to care about others and their well being. 

But I love Sherlock and BC much more than Sheldon/JP.

• Love 3
On 12/27/2018 at 11:28 AM, Reality police said:

I am currently watching Sherlock on Netflix. It is amazing to see the behavior of Benedict as Sherlock. He is like Sheldon on speed. I have watched many incarnations of Sherlock Holmes in my lifetime and have never made the connection. Maybe its Benedict's mannerisms or looks. Social conventions, interpersonal relationships, current affairs outside his interests, and general good manners are not in his wheelhouse. Leonard is most definitely his Watson. The one people like that runs interference for Sheldon with people. So many parallels.

Is it just me?

I always had a fantasy of some sort of Elementary/BBT crossover, since both air on CBS.

• Love 2
On 3/23/2019 at 10:52 AM, Driad said:

Missy, if you're not making enough money, this article says you can blame Sheldon.

I'd have more confidence in their results if they had excluded identical twins, since there could be an advantage to having a wombmate with the same DNA.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what the salary range might be for the men and Amy in TBBT? They're all highly regarded researchers at Cal Tech, a top tier university, and have been for a number of years.

Someone in Bernadette's position? Penny as a pharma top sales rep? Both of whom likely make more than the others I'm guessing.

Anyone? I haven't a clue.

I assume they do all right but aren't getting rich, though clearly a Nobel would change things.

Edited by Beden
37 minutes ago, Beden said:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what the salary range might be for the men and Amy in TBBT? They're all highly regarded researchers at Cal Tech, a top tier university, and have been for a number of years.

Someone in Bernadette's position? Penny as a pharma top sales rep? Both of whom likely make more than the others I'm guessing.

Anyone? I haven't a clue.

I assume they do all right but aren't getting rich, though clearly a Nobel would change things.

They've never said an exact dollar amount, but they have said that Bernadette and Penny make more (lots more) than their husbands.

The Nobel is a million dollar prize.