Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Live Eviction #1

• Start Topic

Ryan was stupid to say that to candy. He made an enemy for no reason at all.

So..... I guess the Mooch leaving really was planned. I thought, along with most people, that he just bailed and CBS tried to cover it up by saying he was a mole. Jokes on me!

• Love 4

Good for Kato winning veto!

By the way, Julie's wearing a sedate outfit tonight.

Now why is Tom wearing a naval jacket? And Ryan's outfit is weird.

Tom says "Dina will definitely save Jonathan." Me: "Yes if she can remember his name."

• Love 4

The HGs to Jonathan:

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

RIP all the Mean Girls memes that I could have used all season. Like, I didn't even get a chance to use "Boo, you whore". Laaame.

I dunno about this Mooch twist. I'm kinda reaching for my tinfoil hat but at the same time, it seemed kinda elaborate to cover a DOR. 

• Love 14

Jonathan's speech is kind of lame. "Let me stay because I thought you were floundering in the House so I helped you."

I hope Kandi's not voted out. All right, Kato, way to vote! I wonder if Tamar's stuffed animal belongs to her child.

Hmmm... I think Jonathan's going to go. So far 4 for Jonathan and 1 for Kandi.

So Natalie's going for the Julie compliments like what's her face from last summer - Haley? Fessy's crush?

Look at those bug eyes!!  For the last time!! Bye bye BECB!

Anyhow, I'm glad Kandi's still here.

• Love 2

Awwww, bye Cupcakes! I may be the only one but I thought you were a cutie. LOL at Ryan looking shocked. I demand a team of Ryan and Fessy on The Amazing Race! I love that Ryan caught those two idiots celebrating in the mirror. I know he’s done some douchey things in the past but I’m really starting to like the big dummy.

Obviously I have no proof whatsoever but I’m calling bullshit on Mooch being a twist. I think he just wanted out. I mean, how does that twist make any sense whatsoever? He didn’t do anything at all, didn’t even cause an ounce of drama. What would be the point? Just to collect quotes for a Veto comp? I’m not buying it.

At this point I’m Team Ricky (Joey who?) or Team Kato. Basically anyone but Team LoLo.

• Love 20

Ryan is so pathetically clueless.  Thanks for subjecting us to Joey.

Those speeches were dreadfully boring and stupid.  Bug Eyed Cupcake Boy was the worst.  Adios.

The problem with protecting Dina was blindsiding his alliance.  Julie nailed him on his BS.

Kandi is now my doomed favorite.

Tamar looks much better with hair.

I'm not buying this "twist".  Mooch bailed and they are covering it up.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I dunno about this Mooch twist. I'm kinda reaching for my tinfoil hat but at the same time, it seemed kinda elaborate to cover a DOR. 

My theory is that he asked for a dignified exit, production didn't want a quitter after what happened last season, so they compromised to avoid embarrassment. That veto competition looked thrown together. I know work being thrown together last minute; I procrastinated on all of my school projects. 

Jonathan took his exit rather well. It still makes me sad that he's gone, but his exit interview was great. Julie gives no fucks as she told Jonathan exactly where he went wrong. 

• Love 20

The Mooch twist really is so lame.  I have my doubts it was totally real myself. Julie never met a twist she didn't love to hype beforehand.

So Jonathan played too hard and got burned.  It's kinda sad that Julie had to explain it to him what happened, and I'm still not sure he got it. It was hilarious when she told him to shut it on his BS that he's not athletic. Nice try, Boo.

So who gets to be Ryan's brain now? Will he survive much longer? Kinda doubt it.

People should be teaming with Ricky.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, vb68 said:

The Mooch twist really is so lame.  i have my doubts it was totally real myself. Julie never met a twist she didn't love to hype beforehand.

I'd change Julie to the show but yeah, that's the final nail in the coffin. Of all the shitty twists we've had to sit through on Big Brother, we've been beat over the head by all of them. This one? Not a whisper until Mooch was just suddenly not there. 

"Where's Mooch?" "Oh, he's in the DR." About that...

• Love 8

Only 11 replies so far? FIgured viewership would be down on a Friday night. Oh well.

Anyway, man, Julie looked extra-yummy tonight. Maybe the best I've ever seen her. Too bad she's hitched herself to a shooting star.

Thanks for the confirmation CBS. For years I've been suspicious that BB and SURVIVOR had to have a CBS plant on them to explain behaviors that made no sense. Anthony is probably the first time they've simply admitted to it.

Hear those sobs...that's Allison Grodner weeping for her latest pet/narrator got voted out first. Delicious and I love it!

Joey Lawrence in terms of casting and entertainment value is a Hiroshima magnitude bomb. What a dud and waste of a space.

One thing I do like about the celeb version is the minimum of antics as the voters pass each other in the hallway. I've always hated the over the top theatrics during the regular season.

Tamar needs to keep that blond wig...shoots her up from a 4 to a 9 in my book anyway.

I've got to have that black wardrobe with the art deco designs on it....I simply have to have it!

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

My theory is that he asked for a dignified exit, production didn't want a quitter after what happened last season, so they compromised to avoid embarrassment. That veto competition looked thrown together. I know work being thrown together last minute; I procrastinated on all of my school projects.

I agree.  That was a last minute "twist" in name only to save face.  Nothing was pre-planned before he got cold feet and bolted.  They threw it together like an all-nighter book report.  Then I'd wager they got Mooch to sign that confidentiality agreement before leaving in return for keeping his up front money he was paid in advance. 

And I bet last episode's "I'm not a quitter!" from Mooch that was especially highlighted right at the end of that show was Grodner's personal revenge against the Mooch for giving her a heart attack when he decided to walk.

Edited by green
  • Love 8

Count me in on the 'Mooch Veto' being a giant pile of crap. He had no idea what he was in for and so he bailed. That really was an ultimate throw-together. It's almost as big a bust as Joey 'Don't Talk to Me About No Alliances' Laurence's contribution to the cast. This season is tanking pretty quick, though I love Ricky's style.

Johnathan really ramped up the Bug Eyed'ness in the episode, so glad he's not there to mug and overly emote and more. Hasta la vista Bug Eyed Cupcake Boy!

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Just think....  Y'all don't have to type Bug Eyed Cupcake Boy any more!

I am truly greatful for that!!  But one more for the road.  My reality show prayers were answered and Bug-Eyed Cupcake Boy walked the plank.  I loved that Julie kept cutting him off when he was speculating wrongly as to how he screwed his game up.  Yep he put all those nails in his coffin as well as being seen correctly as Ryan's puppet master so anything Ryan also did came from him or was at least thought to have come from him.

Loved Dumb as Dirt Ryan looking totally surprised when he left too.  Ryan, you put the FINAL nail in the coffin when you made up that stupid All Boys alliance pitch to Ricky and named Lolo as your target and Ricky warned her and the rest of the women about all this. 

Then you try and mend fences with Lolo (too little too late) so you don't nominate her so you nominated the one person other than Dina -- Bald Whoa Guy -- that actually would have supported your Bug-Eyed Buddy but now he no longer even has a vote, haha.

Not that his vote mattered but it could have given that there could have been some last minute paranoid craziness in the BB House and you took away a sure vote from your side.  You are too dumb to live.

Next I want to see one of Screaming Lady Diva Queen Bald Woman, Unfunny Balls Jokes So-Called Comedian, Dumber Than Dirt Ryan (learned a name!) or Bald Whoa Guy go.

32 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Count me in on the 'Mooch Veto' being a giant pile of crap. He had no idea what he was in for and so he bailed. That really was an ultimate throw-together. It's almost as big a bust as Joey 'Don't Talk to Me About No Alliances' Laurence's contribution to the cast. This season is tanking pretty quick, though I love Ricky's style.

Johnathan really ramped up the Bug Eyed'ness in the episode, so glad he's not there to mug and overly emote and more. Hasta la vista Bug Eyed Cupcake Boy!

Yeah Mooch was no "mole" because moles actually do something. He did absolutely nothing.  Anderson Cooper should come in and slap these people around.  "Moles?  I can tell you something about what moles do on a reality show, you stupid lame people."

PS:  I think the site that hosts this board has been cutting in and out a little tonight so probably why the posts are a little down so far.  It is the same site that hosts a sports fantasy board I read too and it has been flaky all night as well.

Edited by green
  • Love 3

I thought I read somewhere that Anthony was overseas this week at some business thing which isn’t really something that happens at the last minute, right?

I actually don’t care how it happened, I'm just glad he’s gone.

I’m sad about Jonathan.  That was a bullshit twist that put him on the block in the first place and Joey is a cipher.  At least Jonathan was trying.

I feel like if you wanted to lose the drama Tamar would have been the one you would want out.

• Love 5

All Jonathan had to do was let Dina go on the block. That's literally all. he. had. to. do. And he still doesn't get that one move ruined his whole game. Another super-fan with an early exit.

I'm glad others are as skeptical as I was of the "Mooch twist." I'm guessing (no spoilers, I know nothing) he agreed to 10 days, because Julie said "It's day 10 in the Big Brother house" at the beginning of the show.

Kato Kaelin knows a thing or two about sensational headlines, doesn't he? Still, I was shocked he won the Veto.

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I’m sad about Jonathan.  That was a bullshit twist that put him on the block in the first place and Joey is a cipher.  At least Jonathan was trying.

Me, too. His speech was rambling, but I think what he meant was he knew how parts of the game were played and some people were clueless, so he helped them understand things. I do think he's probably partly right that he aligned with people who didn't understand how alliances work, so that IS a problem.

That Mooch twist...come on. Does anyone believe that was real?

• Love 5

The thing about the celebrity mole twist, Julie said there would be more of them. Whhhhy???? That will be terrible if this season just ends up being like episodes of Lost where one person a week gets taken out by the smoke monster and never comes back. I guess it could be an artistic parallel if at the end Julie announces that they think they’re “celebrities”, but their careers have already been dead.

I bet the mooch is happy to be out to see the end of the shutdown. I do want to correct him though because he said he was never a houseguest. Since he lived in the house, he was technically a houseguest. It is more appropriate to say he was a lame non-contestant who humiliated himself on TV for very little reward, but I do think the twist was pre-established. I guess he showed us.

• Love 4

I think the Mooch had planned that trip to Davos ahead of time, but when CBB approached him ( was Sean Spicer ever an option?) he figured he could get some easy money and continue his name recognition by going on. Whether production was aware of it ahead of time and prepared this “ mole” story  or if they just scrambled at the last minute i don’t know. I never believed for a minute he was going to stay for the duration of the show.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, SHD said:

Me, too. His speech was rambling, but I think what he meant was he knew how parts of the game were played and some people were clueless, so he helped them understand things. I do think he's probably partly right that he aligned with people who didn't understand how alliances work, so that IS a problem.

That Mooch twist...come on. Does anyone believe that was real?

Bug-Eye was the one who didn't know how an alliance works as in screwing over his alliance mates by changing that second nom away from Dina and not consulting or even telling the rest of them other than Ryan who he told to do it.  Strains of Cody betraying his alliance during the first HOH 2 seasons ago.

1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

I think the Mooch had planned that trip to Davos ahead of time, but when CBB approached him ( was Sean Spicer ever an option?) he figured he could get some easy money and continue his name recognition by going on. Whether production was aware of it ahead of time and prepared this “ mole” story  or if they just scrambled at the last minute i don’t know. I never believed for a minute he was going to stay for the duration of the show.

Mooch heads a large business.  Someone else could have gone to Davos instead of him and probably was scheduled to.  He just got cold feet and was a quitter.  Thus Grodner's Revenge featuring the "I'm not a quitter!" line as Mooch's last in the house last episode.

And again he was not a "mole."  What does a mole do?  In real life he spies on others within his organization and steals documents and reports back to his handlers.  Who did he report back to about what???  And on reality TV he sabotages stuff like, you know, on "The Mole."  Mooch did absolutely nothing thus was never a "mole."

Edited by green
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Melina22 said:

She does! Do we know why she's bald? Is it just a fashion statement or is there another reason? 

I heard that she shaved off her hair when she divorced her husband. He loved all her blonde wigs, so I believe she did it in protest to the way he treated her during the latter part of their marriage. Allegedly there was both verbal & physical abuse...and possibly an affair.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, green said:

Bug-Eye was the one who didn't know how an alliance works as in screwing over his alliance mates by changing that second nom away from Dina and not consulting or even telling the rest of them other than Ryan who he told to do it.  Strains of Cody betraying his alliance during the first HOH 2 seasons ago.

I agree that was a mistake, but also think that it probably should've been Ryan who needed to tell the other alliance members, since it was his HOH. He could've easily told everyone he rethought it and decided Dina was no threat in competitions so he wanted to get someone stronger out first. If it had been JB who told them, he REALLY would've been advertising that he was running that HOH (even though they pretty much figured that out, anyway).

5 hours ago, green said:

And again he was not a "mole."  What does a mole do?  In real life he spies on others within his organization and steals documents and reports back to his handlers.  Who did he report back to about what???  And on reality TV he sabotages stuff like, you know, on "The Mole."  Mooch did absolutely nothing thus was never a "mole."

EXACTLY!!! And didn't they have a "mole" or something before and they advertised it so we could be in on it while we watched? I think he either was uncomfortable in the house, didn't realize some comps would make him look silly and didn't like it, or something like that. Maybe he was regretting some things he was saying. I mean, what was with the obviously scripted Tom Green diary room where he said something like, "Mooch used to say such weird stuff, but now I see he was just setting us up for the veto!" Yeah, sure.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, green said:

Anderson Cooper should come in and slap these people around.  "Moles?  I can tell you something about what moles do on a reality show, you stupid lame people."

Indeed.  LOL!  That put the coffee right up my nose!

• Love 5

When Julie said, "Stay tuned for more breaking news twists throughout the season," anybody else think that was code for "If anyone else quits, we will also pretend they were never really a part of the show." I swear that's their new tactic to save face.

• Love 15

Kato is totally growing on me.  He's like the lovable, awkward dad.   Kandi bugs, she's always taken herself WAY too seriously.  She annoys me on Atlanta housewives and she annoys me in the house.  I REALLY wish she would've been voted out.  I find Ryan kind of endearing too.   Ricky

Spoiler

is actually proving himself to be a bit of a douchebag.  Visit other threads if you're interested. 

I don't know what to think of the Mooch twist, either.  Seems like kind of a waste.  Of course, having 12 houseguests wouldn't work for this season since everyone is on jury.  You could conceivably have a tie at the end and no one to break it.  So maybe it WAS a legit "twist"?  I dunno.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I'd change Julie to the show but yeah, that's the final nail in the coffin. Of all the shitty twists we've had to sit through on Big Brother, we've been beat over the head by all of them. This one? Not a whisper until Mooch was just suddenly not there. 

"Where's Mooch?" "Oh, he's in the DR." About that...

Yeah, but how do you explain 12 houseguests when they're all on Jury?  How would they deal with a tie?

1 hour ago, lids said:

So does that mean Mooch doesn’t even come back for the finale... or he just can’t vote at the finale? 

They said he was never a houseguest so he wouldn't get to vote.  I'm assuming.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Melina22 said:

She does! Do we know why she's bald? Is it just a fashion statement or is there another reason? 

She said in a pre season interview that she didn't want to deal with upkeep of wigs and hairpieces while she was in the house, so she just went in bald.

10 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

That's what I think too.  I don't think he quit at all, I think this was planned from jump.  The mole thing is lame, but I don't feel his exit was spontaneous between the number of houseguests being even and his very quick trip to Davos upon exiting.  I also think this was a bit of a "the more you know" moment from CBS with the Mooch's little "we're more alike than different and we can all learn from that" nugget of wisdom at the end.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, lezlers said:

She said in a pre season interview that she didn't want to deal with upkeep of wigs and hairpieces while she was in the house, so she just went in bald.

9 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Finally, Tamar says something I can relate to. That makes sense. Unlike her I could never carry it off in a million years, but there are times I'd love to have that option. It's the ultimate low maintenance hair. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Callaphera said:

He so walked.  Every time I saw him during a competition he looked like, "WTF did I get myself into?"

42 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

When Julie said, "Stay tuned for more breaking news twists throughout the season," anybody else think that was code for "If anyone else quits, we will also pretend they were never really a part of the show." I swear that's their new tactic to save face.

Yep!

11 hours ago, Eolivet said:

All Jonathan had to do was let Dina go on the block. That's literally all. he. had. to. do. And he still doesn't get that one move ruined his whole game. Another super-fan with an early exit.

Super fans do not fare well in this game.

• Love 5

Is Ryan the worst HoH? He told Kandy he didnt like her, shes still the house. Put upJoey, a friend. Then his other friend is voted out lol.  Is the phrase flicking someone off or flipping someone off? 

Why were these people trying to kick Kandy out to make Tamar's life easier. Kandy is completely chill compared to ott extra Tamar.

I'm good with Tom and Kato final two.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 6

My theory on The Mooch...After being fired from the White House,  he did not want on his resume to be the first voted off of CBB. He had an agreement with production that if he's put on the block the first week,  to save face, come up with this storyline.  Who knows, maybe he was a boring mole.

I am so glad Cupcake Boy is gone. That speech! I could not even begin to put together what he was trying to say. I just know that I could not watch that 'I am so shocked😲'  expression any more.

Mr Tostandon refused to believe that was  Tamar, he was convinced they brought in someone new to replace Mooch.

Putting Kandy (?) up was a mistake.

Yeah Kato! Joey Lawrence is a huge waste of space.  Same with Dina. Oh, Jonathan's fear of Lindsay is ridicules, he was not HOH.

Coffeewinewater, your post appeared while I was typing mine.  I had wondered the same thing about the concern for Tamar.  Tamar is the loud, screechy one.

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I could be wrong, but I think Ricky seems like the "lone wolf",  "blaze his own trail" kind of guy.   I do think he would work with some house guests, just not going all in.

Joey is basically a floater, unwilling to align with anyone.

I did laugh at the look on Tom's face when Ricky told Lolo, Tom wanted to save kandy. I'm guessing Tom and Kato wanted to keep it between the 3 of them.  Ricky also went in to tell Lolo that Ryan was going to put her up.  I would usually be annoyed but Ricky is pretty likeable. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Flipping someone off as in giving them the  (middle) finger.

I would imagine the rest of the house guest were sick of the fighting.  It probably wouldn't matter which one was shown the door as long as the fighting stopped. 

I agree. 

I thought that flipping someone off was giving them the middle finger.  Ryan kept saying flicking them off. I wondered, have I had it wrong all these years ? I'm not sure why Ryan Lochte had me questioning myself 😆

Ok, I see your point regarding Kandy and Tamar. Kandy was on the block so yeah makes sense. It's been a long week and Tamar is just annoying. 

Thanks @icemiser69.

3 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Tamar was the only one voting Kandi off.  Didn't they agree to protect each other differences aside?  Wtg  Tamar very healing!

I like Keto and Tom.  Interesting combo.

I think Dina was the only one to for Kandy to leave. Which tells me nobody is telling her anything, even Ricky. 😉

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I think Dina was the only one to for Kandy to leave. Which tells me nobody is telling her anything, even Ricky. 😉

Oh thanks.  I was really disappointed thinking Tanda

a voted Kandi out!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 1

So I'm thinking wardrobes was at it again last night with Moonbeems outfit.  Cheap and ill fitting.  I kept looking at her underarms exposed when she raised her arm.  The dress looked cheap And the fabric itchy.  And those shoes!  Made her legs look short and stout!  Her saving grace was the expensive jewelry.  Probably her own!

It sure is different when your sexually diviat husband is calling the budget and you can dress like a millionaire!  I used to love her beautiful clothes.  Kind of like when Cher had her fabulous show clothes!  Now I wait to see how badly they will dress her!

8 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I thought that flipping someone off was giving them the middle finger.  Ryan kept saying flicking them off. I wondered, have I had it wrong all these years ? I'm not sure why Ryan Lochte had me questioning myself 😆

Ok, I see your point regarding Kandy and Tamar. Kandy was on the block so yeah makes sense. It's been a long week and Tamar is just annoying. 

Thanks @icemiser69.

Well, Lochte also said "ath-a-letic" so...

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

I’ve never heard of Tamar before this show so I’m not sure what she usually looks like but I actually think she looks very pretty bald. When they showed her with the wig, I had no clue who she was at first. 

I don't know if they're still running repeats, but if you get WE tv, tune in to Braxton Family Values to see Tamar in all her glory.  And yes, she is the sister of Toni Braxton.

12 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Her saving grace was the expensive jewelry.  Probably her own!

I usually don't notice rings that much but man did she have some 'pieces' on, that one ring was impossible to miss. Having a louse for a husband but a rich one results in many an 'I'm sorry' piece, just ask Kobe Bryant's wife!

• Love 3
On 1/26/2019 at 11:51 AM, Coffeewinewater said:

Thanks @icemiser69.

I've heard both flipping and flicking. More common for sure is flipping. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Spicymustard said:

The mootch twist is the dumbest twist I’ve ever seen. I used to love the tom green show so although his ball jokes get old I am glad he will be sticking around for a bit longer for old times sake. 

I think even Tom thinks the one-ball jokes have already gotten overdone in the first week (cue card writers strike again, maybe?), so I expect we’ll hear less and less of them as the show progresses - although I wouldn’t be surprised if Tom still drops one every now and then.  ;>