Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Au Revoir!

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Adrian's plan for a centerpiece filled with living sea creatures is nixed by Kate; Rhylee feels awkward around Tyler; Laura and Ashton make plans for the future; Kate forgets the primary's birthday; Laura confronts Adrian.

Airs January 29, 2019.

• Love 2

Nobody ate their meticulously thought out omelet orders??! They follow primary's behavior. If she's picky and dismissive , they are. If she doesn't eat much if anything, they do the same. Ugh! My 1st reaction to the scene of these guests was that they die first in the zombie apocalypse and in really unimaginative ways. They just act like it's not happening.. TO THEM. 

• Love 18
1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

That distressed me.  Ridiculous disrespect for that creature.

It really bothered me, too. People often find it easier to be cruel to animals that are "ugly" than ones that are cute. If he found a fucking seahorse down there or something pretty/adorable, everyone on the boat would force him to throw it back on the spot. But the slug gets to be a stressed out centerpiece.

I had to leave the house for the last half of the ep to watch the dogs pee, but I assume they eventually threw him back in right?

• Love 14

Interesting Vanity Fair article that interviews Kate and wraps up the season, I found this interesting

But Chastain has no idea which cast members will return for future seasons—she doesn’t know until she arrives on deck. If she had to hand-pick three cast members from the current season to return for the next Below Deck charter, though, they would be Ashton, Rhylee, and Laura—the last of whom showed up more than halfway through the season. “Josiah is amazing and super helpful,” she explained of her B.F.F. onboard, “but I feel like Laura and I only got to enjoy working together for such a short amount of time, ’cause she came late season. I think Rhylee started on a bad foot with Chandler, so I think she deserves another chance to have a season.”

• Love 12

I knew Kate wouldn't hose the princess down :)

Then after the meltdown, it's like nothing happened last night.

Adrian creepy and clueless.  I totally dislike Laura, but she is absolutely right.  She should not be subjected to his juvenile hornyness, or whatever his problem is.

I understand being very hungover and not being able to eat while in a group situation you can't escape.  Nothing personal, chef.

I'm going to guess that 30 year old "Investment Banker" Krystal started with a "small loan" of $20 million or so from Daddy (or Mom just to get rid of her).

Chef Unicorn has jumped the proverbial shark with this seaslug nonsense.  wth?

Dude, Kate told you "dinner at 8 because fireworks" in the morning.  Stop whining!  And oh his fee fees are hurt because his ideas were stupid.  Kate was not attacking you, baby.  She's right, he very insecure.

Kate , it's High School.  "You all hate her, but want that goodie bag" .  

I missed alot of the behind closed doors meltdown.  Khrystal seems to go rapidly bi-polar.

"Most obnoxious human being I have ever met". lol Searching my memory for who mine is  :)

Nice payday of almost $14K for 7? weeks.

Nice Bravo party for the crew.  I was waiting for Adrian to complain about the food.  

Oh Rhylee.   Give it up.  You loved that sloppy drunk as long as he was hard.  You were his fuckgirl (while thinking he was your fuckboy) , you got marginally serious, and he dropped you like a hot rock.  

Adrian, she told you many times to stop and you refused to listen.  He's rather delusional about it all and how it is perceived.

Josiah was a great #2, but I'm not sure he has the killer instinct like Kate to be Chief Stew.

Another fun season, made better with your PTV comments :)

wtf-are-you-doing-kitty.gif

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, rideashire said:

It really bothered me, too. People often find it easier to be cruel to animals that are "ugly" than ones that are cute. If he found a fucking seahorse down there or something pretty/adorable, everyone on the boat would force him to throw it back on the spot. But the slug gets to be a stressed out centerpiece.

I had to leave the house for the last half of the ep to watch the dogs pee, but I assume they eventually threw him back in right?

He was lowered back down in a crate of some sort, yes.  

• Love 5

This is what people think of when they think of a live sealife centerpiece, not a briny creature from the deep. If you Google, there are even pretty looking sea slugs. But yeah, Adrian picked the fugliest version of everything and decided to have one of his passive-aggressive snits.

Ross' new lady love is awful. Maybe he missed Rhylee more than he would care to admit. Or as we've seen from the show, she's fairly generous with daddy's money and after putting up with Chandler and Rhylee for a season, Ross figures he can easily handle an asshole.

It's too bad that Tyler was too drunk to notice that Rhylee pulled out her hottest look on that last night. His drunken arrhythmic gyrating made it obvious that he wasn't noticing that Rhylee was serving up a hot heaping platter of "eat it ya dumb bitch!"

Adrian is so very gross. To each her own, but I just find him so gross. I cannot imagine who would be attracted to him. More power to ya mystery lady because he makes me want to be celibate.

• Love 23
40 minutes ago, fifty8th said:

Interesting Vanity Fair article that interviews Kate and wraps up the season, I found this interesting

Too funny, I just posted this in the media thread, I saw the link through Kate's twitter.  I was surprised she to see mentioned Rylee as well.

Did Krystal not realize that all could be heard in their rooms?  Or did they forget to turn off their mics or something?  Or were they just yelling so loud that mics weren't necessary?  What a bunch of horrible people.  I wonder what she thinks about what is being said about her now, especially after leaving such a nice tip.

Love to see when the crew gets along well and has the routine down. 

Adrian may be an amazing chef, but dude is creepy and immature.  Keep working on the zen because it ain't working!  While I think his apology was genuine (towards the end), at first he was very defensive and sorta put it back on her, "well you should have said something, that's how I grew up, excuse excuse excuse".

Liked that Rylee ended the season well.  Same with Laura.  Loved Ashton most of all.  He totally surprised me because when I saw him for the first time I thought he'd be douchey like Tyler.  Wonder how things went between him and Laura after the charter season.

Ross and Tyler - bleh (edited to add though maybe I should re-think my love for Ashton since he seems so close to both of them).

Also loved Kate and Josiah together as well.  Josiah definitely helped to make Kate more likeable and warm.

Edited by KLJ
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Kdawg82 said:

Nobody ate their meticulously thought out omelet orders??! They follow primary's behavior. If she's picky and dismissive , they are. If she doesn't eat much if anything, they do the same. Ugh! My 1st reaction to the scene of these guests was that they die first in the zombie apocalypse and in really unimaginative ways. They just act like it's not happening.. TO THEM. 

Reminds me of how when Queen Victoria would finish eating, everyone at the table would also have to quit eating.

Add me to the list of those who felt bad for the sea slug.  When Ashton was whining he only had an hour to cook, I wanted to reach through the tv, shake him and say it's because you had to go snorkeling for a sea slug!

• Love 11

So I was thinking Ross was awesome during this season. But now seeing that he’s dating the primary who was honestly awful, even when sober. And the way she treats the crew, which includes him, I have lost all respect. 

9ED3E914-0C4F-49C0-A041-4F430D8207C2.jpeg

• Love 8

That sea slug thing was ugly!!  I get that it was a living creature, and I'm glad they let it back out to sea.  It did bother me, however, to see the remaining coral just sitting there in stagnant water.  Coral is also a living thing, and many types are endangered.  It is actual illegal to pull certain species out of the sea like that (not sure if the species that Adrian pulled out was endangered).  

Adrian may be a great chef, and an artist with his food, but his idea for a living tablescape was poorly thought out.  He should just leave the table decor to the stews, who know what they're doing.  Not only that, I can't imagine what those entitled, spoiled, horrible charter guests would have said/done if all of that was on their dinner table.  I'm sure they would have freaked out and raised holy hell!  

I'm glad the charter guest left a decent tip, but I think the tip should have been more because they were very demanding.

• Love 13

If I came into the dining room and that freakin slug was inside an aquarium or whatever in the center of the table, I would demand that it be taken away immediately.  Yuck.  Same goes for Adrian's coral.

Overall, a really good season.

I really hope that some of the crew will be back next season especially Kate and Josiah.  And of course Capt. Lee.  Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing them all together again because they did all form a kinship at the end.  Probably won't happen though.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, fifty8th said:

1 hour ago, fifty8th said:

But Chastain has no idea which cast members will return for future seasons—she doesn’t know until she arrives on deck. If she had to hand-pick three cast members from the current season to return for the next Below Deck charter, though, they would be Ashton, Rhylee, and Laura—the last of whom showed up more than halfway through the season. “Josiah is amazing and super helpful,” she explained of her B.F.F. onboard, “but I feel like Laura and I only got to enjoy working together for such a short amount of time, ’cause she came late season. I think Rhylee started on a bad foot with Chandler, so I think she deserves another chance to have a season.”

Those would actually be my same three picks.  I've always REALLY like Ashton.  When Rhylee acknowledged her role in her problems, she turned a corner for me.  Same for Laura.

I also really enjoyed watching Kate work with another female stew successfully.  Once they got past their stuff, they were really in synch and seemed like they enjoyed each other's company a great deal.

I could see Laura as Kate's successor or some permanent cast member of some sort.  She's strong enough to make it work.

• Love 2

Missed on the first viewing how poor Rhylee went to bring Cam (I think) tea at the behest of one of the other guests and was told she was in the master. Then we see Rhylee ducking back out of the room being berated by the primary about never coming in her room, get out, etc. Sure, if Rhylee didn’t knock (and perhaps she did and it wasn’t heard) that was dumb, but hectoring, demeaning tone from the primary was just beyond. 

That primary was horribly nasty when drunk, but also nasty and condescending when sober, so the “I was drunk” excuse is not going to fly.

Immature and insecure are great descriptors for Adrian. Though it was more evident later in the season, I noticed early on that when he does not get his way he gets passive aggressive, pouty and mean.

Oh and I’m surprised to say I liked Ashton best by the end of the season ( after Josiah) of the guys. Tyler’s behavior towards Rhylee, big turn-off and Ross now dating Khrystal? Blech. 

Edited by Pop Tart
  • Love 23

Oh and did anyone notice how terrified how the charter guests became when the wine spilled on Princess Krystal's dress?  Sure, she pretended it was all fine, but when they went in the room, it clearly was not.  Goodness.  

Edited by KLJ
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, fifty8th said:

Those would be my three picks for another season, too, but I’m surprised Kate didn’t include Josiah.  They worked so well together and became such good friends.  But I think Kate put a producer’s hat on when she selected Laura, Ashton and Rhylee.  They’re much better “tv.”  (I wonder if Josiah was hurt when he read that).

• Love 9

Isn't there some sort of law that prevents you from removing sea creatures and coral from out of the sea? If not, there should be. That sea slug was still prettier than Khrystal's personality. 

I just got back from spending a couple weeks in NZ! I forgot Ross was from there until tonight's episode, haha. 

I have an ugly cry, except I don't mention it when I'm ugly crying. Also, I actually cry. Khrystal is ugly, but there was no actual crying even though she kept saying she was doing. Please make like an anchor and sink.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Reminds me of how when Queen Victoria would finish eating, everyone at the table would also have to quit eating.

Add me to the list of those who felt bad for the sea slug.  When Ashton was whining he only had an hour to cook, I wanted to reach through the tv, shake him and say it's because you had to go snorkeling for a sea slug!

Since she was a rather, um, generous size I’m sure her guests had plenty of time to eat!!!

I too hated the sea slug idea.....so disrespectful to a defenceless creature.

• Love 6

I am hard pressed to think of anyone worse than Krystal (aside from murderers and child abusers, etc.).  I am so confused how Ross decided "yeah, I'd hit that."  It's not like she's even remotely hot enough to make up for her personality.  I guess a big wallet makes up for a multitude of sins.  And if I had to hear one ore time about how she's an ugly crier and her heart is so full 🤢

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

That's royal etiquette, and it applies to all queens and kings of England.  AFAIK

Adrien is so odd looking, like a monkey of some sort, and he's gangley and awkward looking.  Anyone know how old he is?  Too lazy to look it up right now.  His sexual "jokes" were not even clever, like something a 14 year old boy would think up.

I was kinda hoping that Ashton and Laura might end up together, but Ashton said that his schedule allowed for them to spend only a day or 2 together after the season.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, emcmac87 said:

So I was thinking Ross was awesome during this season. But now seeing that he’s dating the primary who was honestly awful, even when sober. And the way she treats the crew, which includes him, I have lost all respect. 

I'm not completely convinced that all of these ill-mannered "guests" are that.  I think a few of these folks most likely have SAG cards in their wallets.

Also, curious that he would take up with ^her, after telling us repeatedly how excited he was to try again with his child's mother.  Did he take ^this pinhead's phone number before she disembarked "just in case"?

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, emcmac87 said:

Hey, those lawyer bills won’t pay themselves.....

• Love 9
6 hours ago, dangwoodchucks said:

Omg that look on Josiah’s face when Adrian was lighting the sparklers with the torch!

5B402336-44AF-46E9-8607-083374FB36DC.jpeg

Yes!  Didn't Hannah nearly get fired on BD Med for putting sparklers on a cake? 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Did he take ^this pinhead's phone number before she disembarked "just in case"?

Ross is the pinhead! He hooks up with this bitch and hangs out with douche Chandler tells me all I need to know about lame accent Ross.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Yes!  Didn't Hannah nearly get fired on BD Med for putting sparklers on a cake? 

Yes but it may have been where it was lit ot whatever was the problem because the fire alarms went off.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, fifty8th said:

I like that Kate seems to indicate she'd pick them to give them a "redemption" season. Ashton doesn't really need to redeem himself but maybe she sees adding him as drama if he and Laura don't work out. 

On to my favorite subject of Josiah... was this the first time we went out with the group? Because when he was first shown dressed I thought "damn,". And then his swagger (none drunk swagger) into the bar indicated he knows how hot he really is and made me start wondering how real his sense of insecurity really is. I could see him being a chief stew but not on a reality show. I'd love to be able to charter a boat and have him making me drinks and providing snarky commentary. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm not completely convinced that all of these ill-mannered "guests" are that.  I think a few of these folks most likely have SAG cards in their wallets.

This is interesting given Kate and Josiah quietly discussing her "audition" when she was making her crying thank you speech at dinner. 

10 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

"I'm glad you're living your best life," says Kate.

This made me LOL. Kate is the best and that primary was absolutely vile. 

• Love 16
6 hours ago, Honey said:

That's royal etiquette, and it applies to all queens and kings of England.  AFAIK

Yes it is.  I vaguely remember reading somewhere this is why Queen Elizabeth takes an extraordinarily long time to finish a course at a state dinner; I believe she signals the footman behind her with a certain placement of the utensil on the plate or bowl so that he knows when to clear it.  Once he does, the other footmen immediately extricate the dinnerware from the guests, and the Queen wants to make sure everyone has had a chance to finish without too much delay.  

• Love 9
11 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

"I'm going to puke everywhere just for you," snotty princess Krystal sneers.

"I'm glad you're living your best life," says Kate.

Thanks for that - I rewatched a few times and could not make out what the princess had said as she stumbled off to bed.  She was charming. 

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I think they were probably alluding to the fact that she was on camera, and knew it.

1 hour ago, esco1822 said:

This is interesting given Kate and Josiah quietly discussing her "audition" when she was making her crying thank you speech at dinner. 

I agree with Supersuperelevated - the primary was just soooo over-dramatic with everything - I don't know if that is how she acts in real life (God help her family if she does), but it did appear that she was playing up the brattiness/drama for the cameras, or on the hope that since she brought so much bad personal behavior, she would be asked to be a primary again in another season.  

I have actually said something similar to Josiah's audition comment in real life - when I see someone - usually a teenage girl - being completely over-dramatic over something trivial - it's like looking over your shoulder to see if there is a camera - "My God - what is she auditioning for?"  

• Love 6