Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Buddy's New Girl

• Start Topic

On 2019-01-29 at 9:46 PM, princelina said:

Two other things that bugged me - 

When Buddy said he would drive straight through to get home, she says "But I'll have to pee."  Yes Whit - that is what rest stops and McDonald's are for.

And if she was doing her "class" in 3 different cities - why did there need to be different "choreography" for each one?  I know - for the tv show - but that just goes to prove this wasn't a real job/"brand"-building trip.

THIS THIS THIS!!!!  I have taken lots of dancing classes, and you could easily just do the same routine over a couple of weeks and just enjoy practicing and perfecting it.  There is no need for new choreography - your in different cities FFS!  Also,  WhyTheF*** would you design the choreography the day before?   This would be something one would be planning for weeks and weeks before the tour.

On another note - I think New York and the aftermath was kind of the last straw for Todd.  Twit was totally in the wrong ("Hey.. I know we came here because you're a fan of this guy, but now I am going to make a video with him and ignore you for the rest if this trip, but because I'm such a great and generous friend you can hang around in the park in the cold watching!"  and THEN having the nerve to complain that he was pouting and not understanding that this was her chance (!) to do something and ganging up on him to make him apologize.)  I didn't like Todd until then.... and I think that's when he realized just what a cow she truly is.  I think he is just being as snarky as he can be - almost daring Twit to call him out on it.

Just one more random thought - what is up with Twit and the 'inspirational quote' Tee shirt and things?  It seemed a lot of the BGDC participants love them too.... is it a fat chick thing?     She thought she could, so she did! 

Sorry that kind of crap makes me gag

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, Taleeya said:

Just one more random thought - what is up with Twit and the 'inspirational quote' Tee shirt and things?  It seemed a lot of the BGDC participants love them too.... is it a fat chick thing?     She thought she could, so she did! 

It's "basic B" type stuff--word art, obsessing over unicorns, and silly slogans like "YES WAY ROSE'" (sorry, I'm too lazy and don't care enough to add the accent to the E). You see stuff like that in the dollar section of Target all the time. I have no idea who buys into that sort of thing, I'm guessing bored housewives and college kids with no actual art or creativity? I get it, I bought Ikea in my younger days...but then I hit my mid-30s, got a real job, and decided to invest in some real art rather than boring, run of the mill stuff you can find at Target or Marshall's. No disrespect to my discount sisters...local artists will let their incredible work go for the same price as that "LIVE LAUGH LOVE" wall hanging you found at Bed Bath & Beyond for $60 that will fall apart after a year.

• Love 5
On 1/31/2019 at 6:23 AM, Me from ME said:

She could very well have said that. Given all that we have seen in the intervening time it is probably another of her grand delusions. The most recent being that her enormous gut are really abs and should be on display as frequently as possible.

Actually, IIRC, what she said was they “ Crossed The Fleshold”.  Gag.  Whether it’s true or not, I’ve  no idea.

So far, my favorite characters this season have been Todd & the Kitties.

I miss Mr. Piggy!  He was by far the most entertaining.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Taleeya said:

4 hours ago, monagatuna said:

It's "basic B" type stuff--word art, obsessing over unicorns, and silly slogans like "YES WAY ROSE'" (sorry, I'm too lazy and don't care enough to add the accent to the E). You see stuff like that in the dollar section of Target all the time. I have no idea who buys into that sort of thing, I'm guessing bored housewives and college kids with no actual art or creativity? I get it, I bought Ikea in my younger days...but then I hit my mid-30s, got a real job, and decided to invest in some real art rather than boring, run of the mill stuff you can find at Target or Marshall's. No disrespect to my discount sisters...local artists will let their incredible work go for the same price as that "LIVE LAUGH LOVE" wall hanging you found at Bed Bath & Beyond for $60 that will fall apart after a year.

Agreed. Totally a basic b thing that skinny girls do too, especially if they are bored housewives! See: Gina from RHOC and her “casita.” 

66B41826-6C2A-4A89-9296-A82BAAC27913.jpeg

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 6

WhyTheF*** would you design the choreography the day before?

That's Twit's way of doing things. Does anyone recall that back when she billed herself as a "dancer" she travelled some distance to someone's wedding and attempted to choreograph and teach the prospective bride a dance to do at the  reception? I recall that despite the time and expense to meet the bride that it all came to naught.  Correct me if I am wrong but didn't she require that Ashley accompany her? Was it a backrub that she demanded?

what is up with Twit and the 'inspirational quote'

Maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time thinking that "Fries Before Guys" are words on which to base my life. Now that I think about it, wearing that message might explain a lot about why she hasn't found a partner. It's good to know where her priorities are.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

That's Twit's way of doing things. Does anyone recall that back when she billed herself as a "dancer" she travelled some distance to someone's wedding and attempted to choreograph and teach the prospective bride a dance to do at the  reception? I recall that despite the time and expense to meet the bride that it all came to naught.  Correct me if I am wrong but didn't she require that Ashley accompany her? Was it a backrub that she demanded?

What season was it? Was it her idea, or the bride's? Why would anyone willingly want to learn "choreography" from this twat-waddle on their wedding day?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Me from ME said:

Maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time thinking that "Fries Before Guys" are words on which to base my life. Now that I think about it, wearing that message might explain a lot about why she hasn't found a partner. It's good to know where her priorities are.

I agree. I try to teach my daughters that there are lots of things that come before guys - like eduction, friendship, family, independence, sense of self etc. But definitely not fries. Of course none of those things make a “cutesy” t-shirt.

Of course for someone who is so obsessed with guys it’s an interesting commentary that she likes fries more. Guess that’s how 400lbs on a 5’2” frame happens.

• Love 9

Season 1 Episode 7 Titled, The Wedding Job. From Wiki "A bride hires Whitney to choreograph her destination wedding but when everything goes wrong, Whitney panics. After calling in Ashley as a reinforcement, their day turns into something completely unexpected."

I think in the early seasons the drama wasn't as much producer driven.  She had a bit of  fame at the time and I think it was  the bride who reached out for the lesson since it didn't appear that Twit knew her. Her choreography as well as teaching method was atrocious starting with an energetic "five, six, seven, eight" clap wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Season 1 Episode 7 Titled, The Wedding Job. From Wiki "A bride hires Whitney to choreograph her destination wedding but when everything goes wrong, Whitney panics. After calling in Ashley as a reinforcement, their day turns into something completely unexpected."

I think in the early seasons the drama wasn't as much producer driven.  She had a bit of  fame at the time and I think it was  the bride who reached out for the lesson since it didn't appear that Twit knew her. Her choreography as well as teaching method was atrocious starting with an energetic "five, six, seven, eight" clap wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.

Thanks! I'll have to check that one out. 

So. Typical twat-waddle choreography then!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Thanks! I'll have to check that one out. 

So. Typical twat-waddle choreography then!

A few other details: the bride texts Twit to call off the dance with no offer to pay Twit's expenses, viz., gas, food, lodging.

Twit talks Ashley into driving 3 hrs? 6 hrs? to the NC coast to rub Twit's sore feet with ointment. They later go to a bar where 2 men talk to them. The older one makes a verbal sexual advance, so Twit huffs out of the bar with the younger man, LEAVING ASHLEY ALONE TO FEND FOR HERSELF AGAINST THE SEXUAL AGGRESSOR. What a pal.

• Love 5

Her choreography is always so slow when she teaches it and the count is uneven because she's out of breath.  She always complains her dancers aren't very good dancers but never considers maybe she's just a shitty teacher.  

• Love 10

I think Todd and Ashley are cousins? They do both share witty personalities. I think Ashley is much prettier when she is not carrying around this much baby fat too. Todd is nice looking as well. He is basically the only one keeping this show watchable! Ashley also throws in some snarky comments too!

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, Calibabydolly said:

I think Todd and Ashley are cousins?

They are. And ITA. Both are refreshingly candid in this overly scripted show.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 10
On 1/30/2019 at 1:00 PM, Cherrio said:

I forgot to mention in my original post today the thing that bothered me the most.

I forgot which city she was in , but an interview with an extremely obese young woman.  I can't quote her, but she obviously loved the class and said Whitney makes her feel that she is fine just the way she is.

That is not fine !   I am in NO way saying she doesn't deserve respect. love and kindness, but her health is at risk. She could be a stroke waiting to happen. Her heart could already be damaged. The list goes on and on.

How many people has Whitney "inspired" that have already died?

THIS!

I find her "You are perfect just the way you are" message disturbing!

I know Twit loves it because it gives her cover to be as large as a house... truth be told NO you are not perfect just the way you are and we don't have to look any further than the multitude of bariatric surgeons who say being morbidly obese is dangerous and will shorten your life.

I worry about all the young women who follow her and subscribe to her ridiculous philosophy.

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I find her "You are perfect just the way you are" message disturbing!

I think it's actively harmful. We spend so much time assuring each other that we're perfect and goddesses and never need to change...but why? What's so bad about a little self-improvement? Yeah, we don't need to beat ourselves up for not being perfect all the time, but if we peak at 35 and 400 pounds, why go on? If you're already perfect and have nothing to work for, what's the point? I personally hope to improve on myself as long as I live. When I think back on my "glory days" I hope I'm thinking back into my 70s, not my 20s. I have way too much life left for it to all be downhill. Whitney and her ilk even more so.

• Love 15
On 1/30/2019 at 4:00 PM, Cherrio said:

I forgot to mention in my original post today the thing that bothered me the most.

I forgot which city she was in , but an interview with an extremely obese young woman.  I can't quote her, but she obviously loved the class and said Whitney makes her feel that she is fine just the way she is.

That is not fine !   I am in NO way saying she doesn't deserve respect. love and kindness, but her health is at risk. She could be a stroke waiting to happen. Her heart could already be damaged. The list goes on and on.

How many people has Whitney "inspired" that have already died?

I have a different take on that scene.  

I think a lot of people who are morbidly obese probably experience depression, and even some self-loathing, that makes it hard for them to get up and get active.

If by feeling good about herself this woman meant she had the confidence to get up and get moving, I think that's a positive thing. 

On 2/2/2019 at 12:41 PM, Dot said:

Twit talks Ashley into driving 3 hrs? 6 hrs? to the NC coast to rub Twit's sore feet with ointment.

We only get isolated glimpses, in drips and drabs, of the many ways in which Whitney is functionally disabled because of her size and physical condition.

Off of the top of my head, what I can recall:

* unable to shave her own legs

* unable to dry herself after a shower

* unable to tie her own shoes

* unable to wipe her own ass without an assistive device (which you know can't be as accurate as doing it by hand)

* unable to apply the glide cream she needs to walk any distance without chaffing

Please feel free to add.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Alapaki said:

I think a lot of people who are morbidly obese probably experience depression, and even some self-loathing, that makes it hard for them to get up and get active.

If by feeling good about herself this woman meant she had the confidence to get up and get moving, I think that's a positive thing. 

We only get isolated glimpses, in drips and drabs, of the many ways in which Whitney is functionally disabled because of her size and physical condition.

* unable to wipe her own ass without an assistive device (which you know can't be as accurate as doing it by hand)

* unable to apply the glide cream she needs to walk any distance without chaffing

Please feel free to add.

Can't get up after she's fallen.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Alapaki said:

Please feel free to add.

3 hours ago, Nicmar said:

Can't get up after she's fallen.

*unable to sometimes wear shoes

*unable to wear shorts

*unable to find khakis for her “job”

*unable to use an airplane bathroom

*unable to pee, poop, or shower in her RV

But she can run up those stairs for Will! And do the splits on skis! 🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Thank goodness the episodes dropped down to an hour. 

I actually find the little clips that come on right after the commercial breaks  (called "bumpers" i think) more interesting than the show itself.  Especially the clips showing people going about their active lives...

Whit's life is the opposite of fabulous and  the crap they have to fabricate to make up for lack of real life is so dull and repetitive.  Like others here on the forum, I find myself wanting to know what Todd, Tal, Ashley and Heather do for work in their real lives, because they must  have real lives that include actually working for a living.

One bright spot - I do love Todd because he's telling it like it is... 

• Love 6

I absolutely just signed up for this forum because of a really annoying detail. Any other Chicagoans out there? On the river tour bit when Todd points to the Rainbow flag, it’s made to seem that they see the flag from the boat. Um.....the intersection of Aldine and Broadway is about 4 miles north of the river. Yikes!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 1/29/2019 at 8:27 PM, Donut Bear said:

This is no doubt why the flies liked her.  They love dirt.

This is true! They also love $hit. Just like the expression “like flies on $hit.”’ I loved how Twit tried to play it off that she wanted to go for a swim in the lake at the RV stop but she really wanted to go bathe in the lake! Then in Chicago she wanted to go into the water as well. Because she said to Buddy “why aren’t any people swimming in here” Hey Twit...no one wants your washing off your stench where they are trying to swim! She is so nasty and gross! Even if she couldn’t totally move in the RV shower, she could have washed her hair and at least washed her body somewhat! But to sweat, using porta potties and travel for 4 days without at least washing up is totally disgusting!!! 🤢 Poor Todd. You can tell that he takes care of himself and to be stuck in close quarters with those two pigs, Buddy & Twit! 🐷🐷🤢🤢

Edited by Kaia40
  • Love 4
On 1/29/2019 at 8:29 PM, John M said:

Whitney accusing someone of being codependent.

Hahaha! I know, right! I almost spit my drink out when she said that! It’s the pot calling the kettle black! 

• Love 3
On 1/29/2019 at 10:49 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

Oh FFS Whit the Buddy thing was a miscommunication and what energy do you need to devote to your arm waving. If I were Todd I would be bored too. I love Todd delivering his lines with snark "this performance will be the best one yet". Yes Todd Whit did hit rock bottom not being able to fit in the shower and not even being able to even jog on the beach was pathetic.

Christ, Whit is talking about the Chicago show like she is on broadway and yes Todd Whit is lazy. Is it wrong that I laughed at the 8k flashbacks? I must admit she doesn't look as large as she did on the beach with her baby Huey pose.

i had to laugh when Buddy said BGDC is her child and that she is giving back so much to the world. Insert giant eye roll here.

Heathers reactions seem forced. I think in reality she is long over it and all this is an act. If this is real Heather will be pissed, Whit did not choose her at all...she played both sides in order to make herself the centre of the universe. She is such a juvenile bitch. Chelsea is immature as well.... "yea we don't know each other that well but whatever lets do it.." No bitch you have a child you are dragging into this. 

Lol at the previews and the fact that her parents set her up with a bigger guy.

Todd gives no fucks and I am here for it. To me it looks like Whit did a whole lot of clapping and Todd did all the dancing....sabotage indeed.

FFS does Chelsea not have a car? A loser and a leech like Buddy...match made in heaven. The graffiti is so fake, no damage to the face or RV? Please.

Omg @sainte-chapelle I couldn’t of said it better myself! You’re spot on! 

• Love 2

Even if she couldn’t totally move in the RV shower, she could have washed her hair

I definitely don't think she could have washed her hair - I don't think she had enough room to raise her arms up that high. But I think that someone was styling her hair for the dance classes and she could have had it washed as well. Or gone to a Drybar for a scrub and a blowout.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I definitely don't think she could have washed her hair - I don't think she had enough room to raise her arms up that high. But I think that someone was styling her hair for the dance classes and she could have had it washed as well. Or gone to a Drybar for a scrub and a blowout.

Or hook a hose and wash down while wearing a bath suit. Or wash down with waterless foam that they use on people who bedridden

• Love 2

I cannot stand Babs.  She thinks she's just the funniest thing ever, and she's not.  The same with Todd, who also thinks he's quite witty, and has quite a high opinion of himself. I could do without both of them.

The only one on this show I can half stand is Tal, and he's slipping with me. I remember when he would call Whitney on her bullshit, but he doesn't do that anymore, and is really just another ass kisser.

The funny thing is, the only one who is real in my opinion, is Buddy.  It's tough to hear that people think he's sub-human simply because he has an addiction, an illness.  A lot of very good people are just one back injury away from also going down that same road.  It only takes a week to become addicted to pain medication.  Even if you are prescribed opiate pain medication, if you take it every day, even though you need it, you are addicted to it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Colleenna said:

I'd rather stuff her into one of those gigantic industrial washing machines......

I doubt it could handle her weight. 

52 minutes ago, Honey said:

I cannot stand Babs.  She thinks she's just the funniest thing ever, and she's not.  The same with Todd, who also thinks he's quite witty, and has quite a high opinion of himself. I could do without both of them.

The only one on this show I can half stand is Tal, and he's slipping with me. I remember when he would call Whitney on her bullshit, but he doesn't do that anymore, and is really just another ass kisser.

The funny thing is, the only one who is real in my opinion, is Buddy.  It's tough to hear that people think he's sub-human simply because he has an addiction, an illness.  A lot of very good people are just one back injury away from also going down that same road.  It only takes a week to become addicted to pain medication.  Even if you are prescribed opiate pain medication, if you take it every day, even though you need it, you are addicted to it.

Maybe for some, but not for all. I had surgery that was extremely painful and was put on Hydrocodone for about 2 months. Did not become addicted to it at all. Also didn't have any of the supposed side effects of it either. As long as there are pain receptors for the painkillers to adhere to, then you won't become addicted, in the vast majority of cases. If you continue to take it after you have no pain, then yes, you can become addicted. 

• Love 9

I am not sure if I am posting to the right episode because I only saw a portion of a show, but they were in an RV so maybe this is it.  It looked like someone was sleeping on the floor of the Rv

The title of this show makes me laugh, because she is beyond fat and also because if you are too "fat" to fit in the bathroom of the RV and have to stop at a rest stop or service station,your life cannot be fabulous.  Or maybe it is because her life is fabulous compared to the 600 pounders on another show, but she looks like a candidate for Dr Now.  Maybe a cross-over show where she has surgery, loses weight, and comes back fit and fabulous.   Or not.....

• Love 4

One quick question  . one observation - 

• How many times did Whit say "Buddy" in this episode ? I'm having visions of when Andy points to a word above his head on WWHL and says a line about taking a drink.
  •  I sometimes wish that they would film in the late fall/winter/early spring, so I could see this cast in something other than summer/beach attire. To my disappointment they probably picked the hottest day in Chicago to be on the riverboat, Millennium  park, and sitting alongside  Lake Michigan. Sorry Whit that your class was the smallest on the tour... the free fitness classes in the park in are a  big deal ( link
Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Honey said:

I really haven’t gotten the impression that people think Buddy is “sub-human simply because he has an addiction, an illness.” He’s also just an asshole and Twit enabler. Some addicts are good people and some suck, just like people without addiction. Buddy just kinda sucks. He did before he had an addiction, he did while he was an active addict, and he does now that he’s in recovery. I’ve got a fair amount of addicts in my family- some are wonderful, kind people. Some of them are absolutely horrible human beings. 

Also, not to go too off-topic, but I agree with @Mollysmom. We are not all one injury away from an addiction. Addiction is far more complex than that. I’ve had five surgeries in the last ten years and been on opiates after each one. Two were particularly painful surgeries and I had to be on opioids for up to two months after those two. I did have some of the side effects (gastrointestinal) and, one of the times, I did have some symptoms of withdrawal because it had been a long time (mild depressive symptoms), but even then, I still wasn’t addicted. My body became dependent, but I didn’t crave them or want to be on them after my pain could be managed otherwise and didn’t even finish the remaining pills. Physical dependence (which opiates-and a whole host of other substances-can create) is not the same as addiction. 

• Love 10
On 2/4/2019 at 7:55 PM, Seated Dancer said:

I absolutely just signed up for this forum because of a really annoying detail. Any other Chicagoans out there? On the river tour bit when Todd points to the Rainbow flag, it’s made to seem that they see the flag from the boat. Um.....the intersection of Aldine and Broadway is about 4 miles north of the river. Yikes!

Yup, I'm a Chicagoan and absolutely noticed the flag with the intersection that IRL is NOT close to the river!!

On 2/3/2019 at 1:01 PM, Alapaki said:

Please feel free to add.

I like the list.  I don't  know what thread this should really go into because it's not specific to just this episode, but this can be the start of a Jeff Foxworthy-esque "Your life is not fabulous if....."

• Love 4