Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Buddy's New Girl

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, zenme said:

Wow, I can be snarky just as much as the next guy, but damn. Some of the posts go beyond snark. 

Agree. Two sides to this IMO, these people famewhore themselves out to be one of Whitney's social barnacles, but being downright mean about someone's facial features seems kind of unnecessary.

• Love 24

Ugh, the flies. That's the stuff of nightmares (and plagues).

During this scene I got to see a lot of Whit's body that is often covered, like her legs, and boy, those flaps between her thighs are awfully worrisome. Her frame just isn't built to support that, and it was a little shocking to see as she was running through the sand. I know we got a good look at her during last season's Hawaii debacle, but this episode was a little darker, showcasing struggles that seem to be catching up to her.

Todd calling Whitney out is the only reason I'm still watching this mess.

• Love 16
9 hours ago, zenme said:

Wow, I can be snarky just as much as the next guy, but damn. Some of the posts go beyond snark. 

Anywho...anybody else notice how similar Buddy’s new “buddy” resembles Heather? Only the new gal is bigger. Heather is really hating Buddy, isn’t she? As much as she pretends to detest him, I think if asked her back, she’d go back in a heartbeat. 

Seriously.  At least Heather and Ashley have grown up jobs and aren’t in rehab.  

51 minutes ago, SenshusWoman said:

Ugh, the flies. That's the stuff of nightmares (and plagues).

During this scene I got to see a lot of Whit's body that is often covered, like her legs, and boy, those flaps between her thighs are awfully worrisome. Her frame just isn't built to support that, and it was a little shocking to see as she was running through the sand. I know we got a good look at her during last season's Hawaii debacle, but this episode was a little darker, showcasing struggles that seem to be catching up to her.

Todd calling Whitney out is the only reason I'm still watching this mess.

Todd and Tal need a show, with guest appearances by Babs.  

2 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Agree. Two sides to this IMO, these people famewhore themselves out to be one of Whitney's social barnacles, but being downright mean about someone's facial features seems kind of unnecessary.

Agreed.  They all have been friends for a long time, well before the show so I see them less as hangers-on than I would if they all just started hanging out with Whitney once the show started. 

• Love 8

So we are to believe that Buddy, while in the boondocks between Pittsburgh and Columbus, somehow found an all-night chiropractor.  And then, what?  Walked there?  Hitched?  Uber’ed?  All, mind you, with a phone with no reception.  And did so without anyone knowing?  

This show needs better writers.  

So Whitney LIKES that the riser in Columbus was so low?  That makes no sense.  Unless, of course, she’s embarrassed by the fact that she can barely navigate steps due to her immobility.  (See also: teaching choreography WHILE. SITTING. DOWN.!)

Whitney only other event that would draw people from your shitshow would be if another, more popular, reality show was filming in town. 

• Love 16
9 hours ago, Dot said:

I don't really see the purpose of criticizing Heather's & Ashley's physical appearance. Actually, neither is ugly, just average-looking like most of us. Like Twit. we should stick to discussing how they act in given situations in MBFFL. Heather is generally boring. I think Ashley often nails Twit with a witty & accurate comment.

I think ashley is doing pretty good considering she had a baby, she had lost weights before, it's harder afterwards as a working mom, not sure if she is a single mom but I thought the bf is around still. She seems pretty together for a kid of an addict who had to raise herself.   she would be the one wallop to heather if she puts her kids back in the  buddy-pocalypse. ashley states the obvious  buday new girl, not best decision making skills.  this whole marriage thing just another manic episode. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, minamreeka said:

Truck stops have showers.  Hotels have showers.  The RV probably has a hose hookup she could use to shower.  She could use a bucket to shower.  She could get one of those camp shower things you fill up with water and then hang above your head.  She could take a sponge bath and then go to a salon for a wash and blow dry.  Gyms have showers and you can buy day passes.  

FFS there are a million ways to bathe yourself even if you're away from a conventional modern shower.  This whole shower thing has me convinced that not only is she kind of dirty but also not so bright.

did she say proper shower or just a shower?  she was already sweating on stage in Cleveland,  how could you go all that time, it's gross.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

So we are to believe that Buddy, while in the boondocks between Pittsburgh and Columbus, somehow found an all-night chiropractor.  And then, what?  Walked there?  Hitched?  Uber’ed?  All, mind you, with a phone with no reception.  And did so without anyone knowing?

And then just appeared at their new location  without any contact  whatsoever.   Puhleeeeeze.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, minamreeka said:

I am a big person.  That's how I know there are always ways to clean yourself even if it's difficult.  I've been to 60+ countries and in some countries (I'm looking at you Italy) the shower is so small that I can fit in it but being able to move around enough to clean myself is a challenge.  I also lived in Africa for almost 3 years without access to running water. This is why I'm saying there are still ways for her to do it even if just easily fitting into the RV shower is not an option.

I've mentioned before that I used to be considerably larger than I am now (and I'm still too big, IMO) but I have never neglected my personal hygiene EXCEPT a very long time ago, when I was normal to thin. I was on a back-country backpacking trip. There aren't any showers when you're 10 miles from the nearest trailhead. First thing I did when I got back to "civilization" after a week was check into a motel and stand in the shower for 30 minutes. 

• Love 7

why would she cancel the class because buddy was missing,  she said she needed the mental energy to preform. let's break this down, this class is a job, you go do the job unless you are physically unable to do it or they call you needing to I'd the body of buddy.  worrying to about drama and extremes accomplishes nothing.  especially  when you have your own life you need to take care of, you can tell buddy didn't give a shit to disappear in the middle of the night. take a hint.  these histronics is either  personality disorder or emotional Imaturity

• Love 5

I suspect the whole thing about Whit not being about to shower was done on purpose to viewers who say she REALLY needs a shower! lol 

OMG, Buddy's realty tv girlfriend is so funny.....well, fake funny.  She wasn't cast well, imo.  Yeah, Whit, it did look very awkward.  That girl's too phony, even by TLC standards.

Does anyone know what month this tour was filmed? 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Kentuckydaisy said:

why would she cancel the class because buddy was missing,  she said she needed the mental energy to preform. let's break this down, this class is a job, you go do the job unless you are physically unable to do it or they call you needing to I'd the body of buddy.  worrying to about drama and extremes accomplishes nothing.  especially  when you have your own life you need to take care of, you can tell buddy didn't give a shit to disappear in the middle of the night. take a hint.  these histronics is either  personality disorder or emotional Imaturity

No kidding. This wasn’t a “my child is missing, the police have been called and an amber alert issued’ situation. 

Personally I think it’s both a personality disorder and emotional immaturity. 

• Love 8

I love Todd not putting up with her.  "I'm not gonna learn choreography from someone sitting down, that's lazy"   I get that she's trying to appear more active this season but to me it almost seems the opposite.  She seems to be more tired more of the time whether or not she wants to admit it I think her health is starting to decline.   This fat fabulous life is starting to take it's toll.

• Love 21
17 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

My gawd, could it be any more painfully obvious that  Whitney wants Buddy SO BAD.  And if I hear "doing blow" again, I swear...... 

I could read his mind when she was talking about how she was sad about not being able to find a man, I don't want to hear this and don't want to have to reassure you, you need a therapy coach for this shit. he is not a gay bff desperation won't hook u a man confidence real, not fake confidence ie I change my opinion on my body overnight,  when your trying to convince yourself.   people can tell the lies you tell yourself

Edited by Kentuckydaisy
  • Love 1

This episode cemented for me that the entire show is fake. Touring for a fake class, what does she say to the people who show up to this farce?

They found an extremely troubled food addict with a bunch of loser friends.   To be fair some are worse than others, but that is iffy because they choose to appear on a show like this.

They only reality I see is that Whitney is about as clean as her cat's litter boxes.    

If Buddy was actually missing, he was probably visiting E.R's for drugs. The ol backache routine.

Whitney is a beached whale and complains about Todd's dancing?     I have to give Todd props for his quip about visiting a buffet because Whit still had a little bit to fill in the shower.

As far as her wanting a relationship and a child, I can't sympathize with her. Her personality is as unappealing as her unwashed body and she refuses to fix anything. If there is any blame, its on Babs who gives me the vibe that Whitney was never the little Southern Belle princess she wanted.    Now she sits around and every episode whines about Whitney needing a man.

What Whitney needs is to get healthy both physically and mentally. As a parent I would never ever endorse this show as her parents have while their daughter is going to end up being buried in a piano crate.

• Love 23
19 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

No kidding. This wasn’t a “my child is missing, the police have been called and an amber alert issued’ situation. 

Personally I think it’s both a personality disorder and emotional immaturity. 

I suspect her dad may have been a closet drinker, just because he seemed to have been drunk on camera at a new of the parties. he also had the habit of just leaving a situation when he was upset which is also a sign of emotional abandonment or immaturity as well. don't deal with conflicts with health coping, ignored or drink them away.   babs seems to be passive aggressive so nag  your problems away.   they also still treat her like a kid so no incentive to grow up. personally disorders develop when people need to learn health coping mechanisms. dbt therapy teaches skills for this sorts of things. a lot of times people with emotional regulation issues like her don't get anywhere because traditional therapy like cognitive behaviour therapy isn't skill based. so whitney, heather please look in to this. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

This episode cemented for me that the entire show is fake. Touring for a fake class, what does she say to the people who show up to this farce?

And Buddy’s “girlfriend” appeared to be straight out of central casting, or maybe she was his dealer?  Because she was weird af 

• Love 17

The PTV Golden Rule is Be Civil (or Be Gone): this rule applies to your fellow members. 

It does not apply to those on TV.  Folks are free to say whatever they like - and however they'd like to say it - about anybody on TV providing it does not violate site rules, i.e. is racist or homophobic etc. 

Do not try to 'backseat mod'; telling other posters what they can or can't post, where they can or can't post doesn't fly.  Report problematic posts or use the ignore feature.

• Love 4

I just immediately assumed Buddy was lying about where he was during his “disappearance” and had found some fellow addicts/drunks to hang with. Unless the whole thing was created by the writers, in which case I suppose he was hanging with part of the crew until the time was right and then they gave him a ride to the new campground. But if it wasn’t scripted, the theory that he was doctor-shopping because ow, my back! makes a lot of sense. “All-night chiropractor” = hahahahaha!!

i am not buying Chelsea (Roark) as a real GF. She’s the new Lenny Alehat (According to one anagram generator, one possible real name: Lorra Ascheek. Yeah, it needs another S).

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 15

She could take a sponge bath and then go to a salon for a wash and blow dry. 

Speaking of... I'm pretty sure she had a pro doing her hair for the tour - or at least the times she had the french braids. French braids by themselves aren't difficult - I can do them. But French braids when you have tape in extensions are much harder - not the braids themselves but doing them such that the tapes don't show. 

It had to be summer. Pre-August, since they talked about going to Alaska in August, but it was warm enough for them to wear shorts outside at night in Pennsylvania, Illinois and Ohio - all fairly cold weather states until summer. 

Finally - did Todd say that he had to open the door to let them out of the RV because Whitney can't lean forward to open it, or did I just imagine that? That is so... not fabulous.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Someone last week pegged the Pittsburgh appearance to June. And I Googled the Chicago Pride Parade and it was in late June as well. So it looks like June 2018.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

Someone last week pegged the Pittsburgh appearance to June. And I Googled the Chicago Pride Parade and it was in late June as well. So it looks like June 2018.

OMG, it's hard to imagine Whit traveling in the RV where the AC may not have been that good, plus, they were sitting outside a bunch.....AND the Chicago class was outside.....I'm not sure how she managed in the heat. 

• Love 1

I follow Buddy on Instagram, and he really did date Chelsea, unless all of their posts were fake, but it didn’t seem that way. 

One thing that that struck me in the episode regarding how much of an asshole Whitney is , is that she could just not stand Buddy being in a relationship and happy. She has to cry and bring him down and start crying about how his happiness reminds her of her own unhappiness , and now he winds up comforting her - how shitty. And yes on the bench Buddy and Chelsea were being sickeningly sweet , but you know if Whitney were doing the same with some guy she wouldn’t care if Buddy was sitting there. 

• Love 13

I live in Chicago and we go to Indiana beaches and when the biting flies are out we just have to leave. No bug spray keeps them away and they just swarm.

If I traveled to a different state with a friend and they disappeared and didn’t answer their phone I would be worried too.

Was Chelsea planning on going with them with no change of clothes for a job interview, And where was her two year old?

If Todd thinks he can be  some kind of famous dancer, have at it. If he hates Whitney so much he can get off the show and pursue his dreams.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, SneezeWeasel said:

I follow Buddy on Instagram, and he really did date Chelsea, unless all of their posts were fake, but it didn’t seem that way. 

One thing that that struck me in the episode regarding how much of an asshole Whitney is , is that she could just not stand Buddy being in a relationship and happy. She has to cry and bring him down and start crying about how his happiness reminds her of her own unhappiness , and now he winds up comforting her - how shitty. And yes on the bench Buddy and Chelsea were being sickeningly sweet , but you know if Whitney were doing the same with some guy she wouldn’t care if Buddy was sitting there. 

she is super fake to that chick too. Whit needs to develop a poker face to succeed in business or holleywood.  i think she is just pety but a normal person like Tal and ashley are more concerned about the  buddy recovery and the kid involved in these Imature impulsive adult decisions.  heather and whitney what dose this chick have that I don't have. she is not full of histronic dramatic neediness...yet.

Just now, Madding crowd said:

I live in Chicago and we go to Indiana beaches and when the biting flies are out we just have to leave. No bug spray keeps them away and they just swarm.

If I traveled to a different state with a friend and they disappeared and didn’t answer their phone I would be worried too.

Was Chelsea planning on going with them with no change of clothes for a job interview, And where was her two year old?

If Todd thinks he can be  some kind of famous dancer, have at it. If he hates Whitney so much he can get off the show and pursue his dreams.

I know, I was thinking so she had to have planned this got a sitter, packed job interview outfit, buddy just waited to last minute so whitney couldn't say no because he knew she would or chelsea is already an afterthought or this conflict planned by production

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

And Buddy’s “girlfriend” appeared to be straight out of central casting, or maybe she was his dealer?  Because she was weird af 

Not impressed with that chick at all. How much do we bet that Buddy and "girlfriend" move in with Whitney for a while? 

This episode really showcased just how messed up Whitney is. She needs therapy. She's all over the place with her thoughts and emotions. The first place she needs to start is to admit she's in love with Buddy and he doesn't feel the same. 

• Love 6

I don't get a love vibe between them, but, I do feel they are all real friends who are now intertwined with each other for their income. Even if you want to take a break from a friend, you can't, or else you don't get paid for the season. For those who are gently employed, I can see how it might work.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

I live for Todd's snark. He's clearly only there for the paycheck and the only voice of somewhat sanity on this show.

I rarely if ever have defended Whitney but I would have been freaking out too if I hadn't been able to get in touch with Buddy. Dude if someone calls and texts you like 17 times wondering where you are when you are on a trip with them, you need to contact them back. Whitney was right about the excuse of the text not going through. That doesn't explain why you still didn't get in touch. You had to go to the chiropractor randomly? What???? It's hard for me to find redeeming qualities with this guy based on what we see on the show.

One thing I'm not sure if anyone else noticed is that Whitney remarked that she appreciated that Buddy's girlfriend was also a "bigger gal". Then cut to the scene when Chelsea and Whitney meet. You see a tall, plus size but still an attractive looking girl (IMO). Then pan to Whitney who can barely walk and looks like she might fall over at any time. There is a world of difference between Chelsea and Whitney and I am saying this as someone who is overweight myself. I think in Whitney's mind, they are in the same category.  I don't know if anyone else had this same thought pattern.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

OMG, it's hard to imagine Whit traveling in the RV where the AC may not have been that good, plus, they were sitting outside a bunch.....AND the Chicago class was outside.....I'm not sure how she managed in the heat. 

Plus she doesn't shower. OMG i would die of grossness!

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, preciousperfect said:

I live for Todd's snark. He's clearly only there for the paycheck and the only voice of somewhat sanity on this show.

I rarely if ever have defended Whitney but I would have been freaking out too if I hadn't been able to get in touch with Buddy. Dude if someone calls and texts you like 17 times wondering where you are when you are on a trip with them, you need to contact them back. Whitney was right about the excuse of the text not going through. That doesn't explain why you still didn't get in touch. You had to go to the chiropractor randomly? What???? It's hard for me to find redeeming qualities with this guy based on what we see on the show.

One thing I'm not sure if anyone else noticed is that Whitney remarked that she appreciated that Buddy's girlfriend was also a "bigger gal". Then cut to the scene when Chelsea and Whitney meet. You see a tall, plus size but still an attractive looking girl (IMO). Then pan to Whitney who can barely walk and looks like she might fall over at any time. There is a world of difference between Chelsea and Whitney and I am saying this as someone who is overweight myself. I think in Whitney's mind, they are in the same category.  I don't know if anyone else had this same thought pattern.

From our brief look at Buddy’s phone, it looked like there were all of Whitney’s texts, then at the bottom was one one LONG text from Buddy, which was marked Not Delivered. Then nothing, because apparent that’s when he decided to come back. If that is accurate, then it looks like he didn’t respond at all, and then he did, FINALLY. If Buddy’s addiction issues are real, which I think they are, then I don’t blame Whitney for worrying. But this is when she has to start accepting that you can’t watch-dog an addict; you have to get out of their way while they figure out whether they want to live or not. 

maybe he really did hit a couple of meetings, as he claimed. I imagine there are meetings around the clock. And he could have found a chiro while she and Todd were waving their arms and shimmying in Chicago. 

If the Chelsea relationship is real, I hope her kid’s dad is a responsible person and can look out for the child’s best interests. Buddy has a long way to go before I will buy him as a stable partner/stepdad. And I would never let my kid be around with someone with his anger issues. The road rage in the RV was very bad. 

And yeah, I was expecting Chelsea to be a lot larger, based on Whitney’s enthusiasm about her being a big girl. Whitney may really be in denial about her own size. Maybe Todd is right and she’ll start grabbing a clue after being too large for the RV shower. Which reminds me, when they first hit the road, she said something about her dad arranging this RV rather than the much bigger and more deluxe one she had looked at. I didn’t know what she was talking about. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 6

I believe in Chelsea, and I like her.  She is an overweight woman, but she is attractive and active--her BMI being higher than it should be is irrelevant.  And I think that makes Whitney hate her guts.  If Whitney were Chelsea's size, she'd be able to attract a man--at least until she opened her mouth.  When she was crying to Buddy about her situation, his response I thought was loving and genuine, even though we recognize "all that Whitney has achieved" as the rankest bullshit.  He knew how to talk to her as a friend.  He knew how to be comforting in a situation where there really was no comfort to be offered.  Now imagine Whitney "comforting" say, Heather.  It would be all about how awkward Whitney's situation is.  I guarantee there is nothing Whitney could have said to Heather that would have been the least bit helpful, much less soothing.  Everything is grist for Whitney's mill, and the product is more Whitney.  When she sent Buddy away so she and Chelsea could talk, she didn't have anything to say to Chelsea, no "what do you do for a living?" "Tell me about your daughter," or "What kind of plans are you and Buddy making to move you to Greensboro?"  Nope, it was just a lot of VO about how uncomfortable it was--for Whitney.

And I swear to god I heard Whitney refer to "ticket sales" as they approached Chicago.  This "spreading our brand"--why?--is such a joke.  Poor Glen.  Baby Whitney wanted to take a Merry Pranksters roadtrip, and he's had to re-mortgage Tara to pay for it.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I believe in Chelsea, and I like her.  She is an overweight woman, but she is attractive and active--her BMI being higher than it should be is irrelevant.  And I think that makes Whitney hate her guts.  If Whitney were Chelsea's size, she'd be able to attract a man--at least until she opened her mouth.  When she was crying to Buddy about her situation, his response I thought was loving and genuine, even though we recognize "all that Whitney has achieved" as the rankest bullshit.  He knew how to talk to her as a friend.  He knew how to be comforting in a situation where there really was no comfort to be offered.  Now imagine Whitney "comforting" say, Heather.  It would be all about how awkward Whitney's situation is.  I guarantee there is nothing Whitney could have said to Heather that would have been the least bit helpful, much less soothing.  Everything is grist for Whitney's mill, and the product is more Whitney.  When she sent Buddy away so she and Chelsea could talk, she didn't have anything to say to Chelsea, no "what do you do for a living?" "Tell me about your daughter," or "What kind of plans are you and Buddy making to move you to Greensboro?"  Nope, it was just a lot of VO about how uncomfortable it was--for Whitney.

And I swear to god I heard Whitney refer to "ticket sales" as they approached Chicago.  This "spreading our brand"--why?--is such a joke.  Poor Glen.  Baby Whitney wanted to take a Merry Pranksters roadtrip, and he's had to re-mortgage Tara to pay for it.

mothra. I love the name mothra. people have the best names. lord of lotion.  Mohamad fauded me.

• Love 1

Buddy didn't explain why he stayed out ALL NIGHT after hunting down a chiropractor.

Maybe he just needed to get out of the confined space and away from the two of them for a night. If he's smart he found a hotel with a shower, a decent bed and had a good meal and a long rest. But he definitely should have told them where he was and that he was ok. He knows they are doing to worry about them. I don't know how oblivious someone has to be to not notice that the one text he sent to his traveling companions didn't go through. You know he was looking at his phone every ten seconds like they all do.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Alapaki said:

is she young, because she was so gigglely.  I get being that way if you are nervous and on tv for the first time but um let's see where this road trip is leading.   something seems a bit off here cant put my finger on it.  kinda missing lennie now, he's at least low key and in disguise. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Cherrio said:

As far as her wanting a relationship and a child, I can't sympathize with her. Her personality is as unappealing as her unwashed body and she refuses to fix anything. If there is any blame, its on Babs who gives me the vibe that Whitney was never the little Southern Belle princess she wanted.    Now she sits around and every episode whines about Whitney needing a man.

I'm probably in the minority but I do not care for Babs at all and I think her relationship with Whitney has really messed Whitney up.  Whitney is not really cut out for a perfect Southern wife and mother and probably never was.  There's nothing wrong with that and some people are just not wired like that.  But it seems like they have a messed up dynamic with Whitney constantly comparing herself to her mother and never measuring up.  Instead of helping her find her own path in life or accepting that maybe she never will get married and never will have a kid, her parents constantly harp on her needing to have a man and needing grandchildren in the next 5 minutes.  

Sure Babs is funny and witty and provides for good tv.  But she also gets in occasional digs at Whitney that make me wonder what she says when they're alone.  

I identify a lot with Whitney's background because we were both born in April 1984, both grew up with parents who just expected marriage and babies,had serious struggles with weight, and both of us ran away to teach English in Korea the exact same year.  Had I gone back home to live in my hometown like she did I would also have parents harping on me to provide grandkids and criticizing everything about me. I would have been miserable and had self-esteem worse than hers.   Instead I said screw it and lived my own life far away and on my own terms.  She doesn't seem willing or able to do that and I don't think there's hope for her if she doesn't.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Maybe he just needed to get out of the confined space and away from the two of them for a night. If he's smart he found a hotel with a shower, a decent bed and had a good meal and a long rest. But he definitely should have told them where he was and that he was ok. He knows they are doing to worry about them. I don't know how oblivious someone has to be to not notice that the one text he sent to his traveling companions didn't go through. You know he was looking at his phone every ten seconds like they all do.

um suspicious he didn't text his gf chelsea during that entire time and happen to look at his phone after being glued to it all of Chicago.   it was typical,  in love one track mind. or else kinda centered on his own stuff,  whitney focus on your own stuff.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I think every single instance of Buddy going AWOL and then showing up late and just fine is producer-driven.  My god, they have to make *something* happen in these deadly episodes.  Whitney needs to demonstrate how much she Cares, and Buddy is happy to do anything that keeps the paychecks rolling in.  Todd wasn't having any of it; he's us on the show.  Whitney is such an unlikable woman, it must really be a strain to try to think of things that will put her in a good light.  And I want to know what all the "activities" she had planned for them in Chicago were, all those activities she didn't want to hear any objections to.  They took a ride on a river boat and visited Lake Michigan.  Chicago has wonderful museums--Science & Industry is my favorite--and are you trying to tell me Whitney didn't down a deep-dish pizza?  She was pissed at Buddy for being on his phone instead of paying attention to their tour guide, but she certainly wasn't taking notes, either.

• Love 9
Just now, minamreeka said:

I'm probably in the minority but I do not care for Babs at all and I think her relationship with Whitney has really messed Whitney up.  Whitney is not really cut out for a perfect Southern wife and mother and probably never was.  There's nothing wrong with that and some people are just not wired like that.  But it seems like they have a messed up dynamic with Whitney constantly comparing herself to her mother and never measuring up.  Instead of helping her find her own path in life or accepting that maybe she never will get married and never will have a kid, her parents constantly harp on her needing to have a man and needing grandchildren in the next 5 minutes.  

Sure Babs is funny and witty and provides for good tv.  But she also gets in occasional digs at Whitney that make me wonder what she says when they're alone.  

I identify a lot with Whitney's background because we were both born in April 1984, both grew up with parents who just expected marriage and babies,had serious struggles with weight, and both of us ran away to teach English in Korea the exact same year.  Had I gone back home to live in my hometown like she did I would also have parents harping on me to provide grandkids and criticizing everything about me. I would have been miserable and had self-esteem worse than hers.   Instead I said screw it and lived my own life far away and on my own terms.  She doesn't seem willing or able to do that and I don't think there's hope for her if she doesn't.

I don't like her parents either they are clearly superficial narcissistic people kids exist as a reflection on them rather to develop to be their own individuals. she has no boundaries because parents have no boundaries.  They want grand kids for themselves not for her happiness.   I see were this Imaturity and self centeredNess  comes from because her parents can be self centered.

my parents wanted me to marry this controlling rich dude, disappointed in my career because I don't make 100,000 a year until my sister married a controlling asshole with a phd who won't give her money for lunch and hit her in front of my mom.  I used to put up with a lot of the same verbal bullshit from my parents,  until they had to learn they can't talk to me disrespectfully, and yes moving far away not picking up the phone helps as well.

but you can't blame your parents for everything, you have to move forward,  take responsibility,  set boundaries,  grow up, do the work,  i honestly think she doesn't know any better or ever read a self help book or found a good therapist.  i think she is in denial,  thinking she is an inspiration to many. maybe to the overweight people who feel shamed to be hermits but we all have other stuff to work on obviously and there is no shame in that.

i know people must be tired of my rants of my here. i need to find a better forum for this stuff. not sure where

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I think every single instance of Buddy going AWOL and then showing up late and just fine is producer-driven.  My god, they have to make *something* happen in these deadly episodes.  Whitney needs to demonstrate how much she Cares, and Buddy is happy to do anything that keeps the paychecks rolling in.  Todd wasn't having any of it; he's us on the show.  Whitney is such an unlikable woman, it must really be a strain to try to think of things that will put her in a good light.  And I want to know what all the "activities" she had planned for them in Chicago were, all those activities she didn't want to hear any objections to.  They took a ride on a river boat and visited Lake Michigan.  Chicago has wonderful museums--Science & Industry is my favorite--and are you trying to tell me Whitney didn't down a deep-dish pizza?  She was pissed at Buddy for being on his phone instead of paying attention to their tour guide, but she certainly wasn't taking notes, either.

I was expecting this season to be about a road trip and fans travel not buddy drama. guess no interest in culture.  kinda sad. lots of cities have health initiatives fucking have a platform,  she is wasting this effort being all half assed about it, get a manager who may be tough love but gives a shit.  you want to change you life and contribute to society and do these "great" things or fucking barnical drama. priorities. inspire people or bitch about buddy, maybe shed light on the 3070 elephant in the room food addiction. 

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Kentuckydaisy said:

i know people must be tired of my rants of my here. i need to find a better forum for this stuff. not sure where

Personal anecdotes/conversations can be posted in the Small Talk thread for this forum which can be found here.

2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Buddy didn't explain why he stayed out ALL NIGHT after hunting down a chiropractor.  Wasn't he supposed to be doing the introductions for the dance class? 

He said he went to a couple of meetings. Maybe those were at night. (Not snark.)

1 hour ago, minamreeka said:

I completely agree with you on Babs. She says horrible, bitchy things to Whitney and I’m sure that didn’t suddenly begin in recent years. I don’t find her entertaining at all. I think she is just as self-centered as Whitney seems to be. But maybe Whitney got that way from not getting what she needed emotionally as a child. 

I don’t normally dislike Whitney or anything - but it was very irritating to me that she and the guys were (purportedly) yakking loudly on that architectural river tour. I am actually skeptical that that was actual filmed during the tour; it sounded to me like occasional narrative from the guide was dubbed in. On a real tour I think the guilde would have been talking more or less constantly. But real or not, it portrayed three Ugly American-style tourists. Ugh!

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Kentuckydaisy said:

did she say proper shower or just a shower?  she was already sweating on stage in Cleveland,  how could you go all that time, it's gross.

I don't know what she said, but her idea of any kind of bathing seemed to be the dip in the lake that didn't happen.

4 hours ago, SneezeWeasel said:

Did she ever move to NC (or him to Chicago?). Meeting someone who lives 12 hours away and visiting them a few times doesn't qualify as "dating", does it?  ( to me it does not )

3 hours ago, preciousperfect said:

I did!  I was wondering how she would feel about Whit once she heard that :D. I'm about Chelsea's size and I would not be pleased.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, princelina said:

I don't know what she said, but her idea of any kind of bathing seemed to be the dip in the lake that didn't happen.

Did she ever move to NC (or him to Chicago?). Meeting someone who lives 12 hours away and visiting them a few times doesn't qualify as "dating", does it?  ( to me it does not )

I did!  I was wondering how she would feel about Whit once she heard that :D. I'm about Chelsea's size and I would not be pleased.

Especially when one of them has a 2 year old.  It's one thing to pick your single adult self up and move somewhere to pursue a relationship with someone you don't know well IRL, but to me, it's quite another thing to do that with a 2 year old.  

• Love 7

I forgot to mention in my original post today the thing that bothered me the most.

I forgot which city she was in , but an interview with an extremely obese young woman.  I can't quote her, but she obviously loved the class and said Whitney makes her feel that she is fine just the way she is.

That is not fine !   I am in NO way saying she doesn't deserve respect. love and kindness, but her health is at risk. She could be a stroke waiting to happen. Her heart could already be damaged. The list goes on and on.

How many people has Whitney "inspired" that have already died?

• Love 21

Did anyone else notice her hairline in Chicago or maybe Columbus ? It looked weird, like she has a lace front or sprayed on some "hair in a can".  Again, it was all about Whitney - everything is about Whitney, its seriously getting old. I would not be surprised if after this season we don't see any more of Todd, he no longer is the ass kisser that Whitney desires in her life. The funny thing is that everything he said is the truth.  I can't even imagine what the stenchmobile smelled like.  Oh and Heather.... bitter.. party of one, your table is ready.

• Love 10

I have been watching this show for almost its entirety and I "thought" Whit and Buddy were MORE than roomies at one time. I recall when she was having problems with Lenny....she and Buddy (who was dating Heather at that time)were chatting in the kitchen and she was needing another pep talk about men and relationships. Buddy said "you're a FREAK IN THE SHEETS"! I had to rewind and hear that again....you know the mouth breather and mumbler that Buddy can be! He was listing her pros to make her feel better. Did he mean that another guy (Lenny?) told him that or he knew from experience....that I do not know. I just assumed they had to have had a roll in the hay before, either drunk or not, before he moved in upstairs and became her roommate? But the look on Whits face after he said freak in the sheets, she was glowing!

• Love 3