Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: A Housewarming Divided

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Adira said:

Billie's got a blog post about how the Girl's Night thing was the biggest trigger of her life.

http://itsmebillielee.com/2019/01/22/the-biggest-trigger-of-my-life-girls-night/

So much melodrama.  That blog post is possibly the most millennial thing I've read in a while.  If not being tagged in some IG posts is the most triggering thing that has ever happened to her, she's lived a pretty charmed and privileged life, trans or not.

From her post:

All of this is coming from my personal experience, which happens to be as a trans person in America. You can call it the trans card if you want. 

Isn't Billie actually the one that said she was pulling the trans card?  

• Love 13
4 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

Anyone else feel like this show has jumped the shark? Everything is so obviously staged and any interesting, more legit moments are edited within an inch of their life to suggest something other than what's actually happening. I think its in an effort to safeguard the reputations of the veteran cast members, and even then they're true unlikable colors shine through. The Billie Lee/Lala housewarming fight and Stassi's birthday meltdown come to mind, there was way more to those scenes we didn't see but should have since cameras were rolling. I've only caught about a third of this season as it only interests me enough to tune in sporadically and then barely keeps my attention. The cast being "famous" and so sickeningly full of themselves (they were already deluded ego maniacs when they were nobodies), is no fun anymore. They're 30 somethings still acting like immature early twenty somethings with a wedding or joke of a marriage peppered in here and there. James being everybody's villain is forced and boring and again only a ploy to make the vets look less awful. Ganging up on Raquel, the most passive person other than Peter ever featured, because she's being cheated on is inane and 100% hypocritical of all of them. Don't get me started on Jax's "reformation." That puke is as much of a sociopathic dirtbag as he's always been and every time he opens his mouth he proves his act will never change. Don't feed me beer cheese and tell me it's caviar, show. 

Conversely, Below Deck was fantastic this season. And even the not so great Below Deck Med was better than VPR. BD has an element of vintage Real World that comes from seasonal cast changes, the cast working, which provides varying scenarios, and a few staples like Kate, Captain Lee and Chef Ben being great TV due to their wit and remaining down to earth. Once VPR hit season three and it was clear none of these people worked at SUR anymore and drama was being overtly manufactured, the show started its decline and has now become a carefully curated bore of collagen infused instagram influencers in motion. At the same time they lack any major balls to the wall drama and craziness like much of the Real Housewives have. Jersey, for example, is bringing the drama like it's the first or second season. It's in its ninth. The frequent cast revamps, like BD, helps to keep RH fresh. VPR is lacking in every aspect that makes a reality show worth watching. It either needs to be be voyeuristically real  or over the top dramatics. Beverly Hills seems to have recognized this and infused a turbo shot of drama into the upcoming season because the last two were coma inducing. 

So, long winded rant coming to a close, I think they need to restructure or spin off VPR with an unknown, new cast.  If they want to keep featuring the originals I'd put them into a different formula. If I were Andy (I wi$$$$h), keep Stassi, she's problematic at times but other than LVP she is the show, and at least she's intelligent and capable of humor. Put her in her own spinoff with Beaux, focusing on her growing career, etc. Put Lala on Real Housewives, I despise her but I wouldn't mind seeing how her shallow layer of bravado fares against those seasoned pros. And have James anchor the new cast of people. Everyone else, cut 'em loose. We can still see them pop in and out as friends of on the other shows. 

You summed up all of my feelings!! I made it worse for myself by visiting that damn place when I was in LA for work further seeing how unreal the show actually is.  Peter does actually work there which further explains why he doesn’t get crazy story lines. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

I think they need to restructure or spin off VPR with an unknown, new cast.

I agree with most of your post,  but I would do a TomTom spin off, with the Toms as "elder statesmen", James as the in-house DJ and "Jax" of the group, and then the new cast.  Ariana and (hopefully, less frequently) Katie can be semi-regulars as the Toms' SOs.  The rest of them can come to the birthday parties or whatever.  None of the rest of them seem to live outside of social media.

• Love 5

Just a few observations from me.

Billie and Adam need to get off my screen. I have no time or interest in them at all.

So, Lala and Ariana hooking up is not considered cheating by FI and Herman? That surprises me.

Scheana, every time you get with a new man, you say you faked orgasms with the previous one. You are such a liar girl, I can't even.

Also, I'm waiting for the guys to admit to sucking each other's dicks. I mean come on, that had to have happened between at least one or two of them.

• Love 16

Billie's blog is why I just can't with her.  I think she was wrong with the way she handled things, at the time, but, the blog is written now, so she lived through it and then still put everything out there in the terms that she did.  I could understand writing a blog that starts off with "When this happened, I felt, then I, so then this" but then kind of moving forward into a "but, after having time to move forward and having gotten past it, I now realize that perhaps I had jumped the gun and I should have taken a step back.  It's hard to feel excluded, but I need to make sure that I'm not assigning x feelings to a situation where I don't know the other person's motive blah, blah.  

Instead, what Billie wrote shows that she's basically exactly where she was then.  It was still a great insult to HER.  They did this to HER.  SHE was excluded.  It's about her.  People didn't consider HER.  SHE should have been considered above and beyond anything else, because, obviously, SHE is the most important.  And she then goes on to call out stuff that other people do wrong, which leaves me wanting to say "Oh, ok, so if other people jump off a bridge, you would?" 

I totally get how it must have stung when she first saw it.  I mean, perhaps to the full extent, there's a level that I can't understand as I'm not trans, but I think everyone has had a situation where they realized they weren't included in something.  For me it feels like I was punched in the stomach, I actually can't breathe for a second, but, then I have to remind myself that not everything revolves around me, and sometimes there are things I'm not aware of.  I may not have been left out, this might have happened while I was busy doing something else, they might have been doing something with family, etc.  Billie needs to do that.  

• Love 17
On 2/1/2019 at 4:48 PM, CharethCutestory said:

The Billie Lee/Lala housewarming fight and Stassi's birthday meltdown come to mind, there was way more to those scenes we didn't see but should have since cameras were rolling. I've only caught about a third of this season as it only interests me enough to tune in sporadically and then barely keeps my attention. 

I would've said Stassi's meltdown was staged...til she threw & shattered her phone, which no millennial would purposely do to their lifeline...but wait...she's rich, she might have been getting a new one anyway...omg what even is real anymore?  

but what do I know, I used to discuss The Hills like it was a reality show!

• Love 6
On 2/2/2019 at 1:54 AM, smores said:

I totally get how it must have stung when she first saw it.  I mean, perhaps to the full extent, there's a level that I can't understand as I'm not trans, but I think everyone has had a situation where they realized they weren't included in something.  For me it feels like I was punched in the stomach, I actually can't breathe for a second, but, then I have to remind myself that not everything revolves around me, and sometimes there are things I'm not aware of.  I may not have been left out, this might have happened while I was busy doing something else, they might have been doing something with family, etc.  Billie needs to do that.  

oh dear Lord I  am so glad there was no social media when I was young; I was just as dramatic as Stassi, and I would get so, so upset when I found out if my friends hung out without me!  Having to see that would've sent me into a gigantic tailspin...

plus people seem more blase' now, like "oh well, whatever, get over it!" 

it's good to be old sometimes.

• Love 9

Scheana doesn't want a relationship the way I wouldn't bang Robert Downey, Jr. in a hot second.  Girl, please.  You are a serial relationshipper.  Just admit it.

I've lived in southern California and while the traffic is stab-worthy, these chucklefucks acted like they were headed to the Alaskan wilderness or something.  They were less stressed over driving to Schwartzie's and Tequila Katie's wooded nuptials.  Why on earth didn't they Uber?  I guess if they're not wasted, they don't bother with Uber.  

And let's see - - would I choose Scheana's waterfront digs or Chez Flat Iron and Nugget, with the microwave that trips breakers and their "adulting" IKEA furnishings?  Hmmmm.

Maybe I'm old fashioned or dense but how was the going down session in the car with Lala and the Nugget - - and with Flat Iron apparently driving -- not cheating?  Did the Nugget and Flat Iron have previous discussions about hall passes or anything like that?  I don't see Flat Iron as being okay with it.   And what happened to the Nugget being so sensitive about her vajayjay?  Wasn't it last season or the season before when she was saying that she didn't even want Flat Iron to go south of the border? 

I hate to give Jax and his chunky sweater (where is the chunky sweater, BTW) any credit but he's right.  Flat Iron and the Nugget want completely different things.  It won't end well.  Flat Iron wants marriage and kids, sooner rather than later.  The Nugget has no interest in either, and definitely not anytime soon.   I give her credit for knowing what she wants or doesn't want but it seems like deal breakers on both ends, which means that Flat Iron and the Nugget are wasting time and putting off the inevitable.  

James may be an annoying little dipshit but his "IT'S NOT ABOUT THE PASTA!", "RAQUEL, DO YOU WANT SOME CHICKEN" and "I'M WAY TOO SOBER TO BE IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS"  are seriously the best.   Kristen really should consider these slogans/statements for her t-shirt line. 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, teapot said:

oh dear Lord I  am so glad there was no social media when I was young; I was just as dramatic as Stassi, and I would get so, so upset when I found out if my friends hung out without me!  Having to see that would've sent me into a gigantic tailspin...

plus people seem more blase' now, like "oh well, whatever, get over it!" 

it's good to be old sometimes.

I was thinking about this exact thing!  It’s always stung to be left out (even still to this day as an adult at times), but back in the day it was so much easier to hide or not know.  I had some horrible times in middle school and high school with this type of thing and just like you it would have spun me out!   

I’m also with you on the waning “reality” of this show.  I want hook ups and freak outs not couple ups and pile ons.  

• Love 4
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 2:25 PM, ghoulina said:

Also, Billie is 100% entitled to feel hurt; but I just don't buy it. And I don't think they do either. I think she's being disingenuous about why she's upset. For me, it's all about her wanting a bigger role on the show.

Agreed. Lady is shady.

I guess Billie's thirst paid off, since she'll be on Watch What Happens Live tonight with Raquel and James. I wonder if she thinks Andy is transphobic since he didn't invite her to be on with the other women a couple of weeks ago?

• Love 9
2 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Scheana doesn't want a relationship the way I wouldn't bang Robert Downey, Jr. in a hot second.  Girl, please.  You are a serial relationshipper.  Just admit it.

She is. But I think she would feel embarrassed to go back down the social ladder she's trying to climb. Shay was kind of her "slumming it" dude; but I think she thought "music producer" sounded better than "bar back". After Shay, she dated Rob and was constantly crowing about his various homes and lifestyle. I don't think she wants to accept anything less than that. There needs to be some level of fame or money to make it worth it to her. So she'll keep some dude on the back-burner, for the constant validation she requires. But, no, I don't believe she really wants a relationship with Adam. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, teapot said:

but what do I know, I used to discuss The Hills like it was a reality show!

Now THAT'S ^^^ a confession! I watched every episode of The Hills too. However, my interest was mostly to see what restaurants and clothing stores they went to. I live 10 minutes from Laguna Beach so that show was more of a visual trip to places I might want to visit.

I'm way behind on VPR episodes but nevertheless, I still can't stand James. And I sometimes get his gf confused with Lala. They look very much alike (to me.) 

And Katie is beautiful and sexy. Period!

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Now THAT'S ^^^ a confession! I watched every episode of The Hills too. However, my interest was mostly to see what restaurants and clothing stores they went to. I live 10 minutes from Laguna Beach so that show was more of a visual trip to places I might want to visit.

ohhh, lucky you!  Based on my vast knowledge of that area (read:  have seen every episode of Laguna Beach, the OC, and the Real Housewives of Orange County), it looks absolutely gorgeous!

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, teapot said:

ohhh, lucky you!  Based on my vast knowledge of that area (read:  have seen every episode of Laguna Beach, the OC, and the Real Housewives of Orange County), it looks absolutely gorgeous!

It is so beautiful here! I lived in Ohio close to the Great Lakes for the first 30 years of my life so "appreciative" is not even close to how So. California makes me feel! 

I hope LVP doesn't give James a break and hire him back full time. James is a manchild. He needs to grow some balls. I don't get what any woman finds attractive about him. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

I hope LVP doesn't give James a break and hire him back full time. James is a manchild. He needs to grow some balls. I don't get what any woman finds attractive about him. 

Sandoval has been doing Tequila Tuesdays with DJ Mickey, but James has been doing Brunch with Billie Lee on Sunday.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Sandoval has been doing Tequila Tuesdays with DJ Mickey, but James has been doing Brunch with Billie Lee on Sunday.

Yup. As I said in a different forum a vpr podcast I listened to commented on this during the episode when Katie and the girls hosted a girls night and said something like “james is the only who worked during non filming. And now the real managers must be mad at Lisa because of TOm Tom and the cast going there more and possibly fans. It explains why now they have Tom going over to SUR randomly on Tuesdays to bring back some action” not the exact things they said but pretty much the idea and it’s true.

I mean honestly I don’t know how many fans are flocking to Tom Tom during non shooting days either but there might be more draw to that one during non filming because the two Toms “own it”. That’s why they liked when James worked. I don’t like him but he definitely didn’t just do Tuesday nights for the show. And I guess Billie Lee doesn’t just do Sunday brunch when filming. But the fact they are being in Tom from Tom Tom Which is his bar(is it though? This situation makes me think again he’s a figure head for filming or just to be there to bring groups of people)  to bar tend at Sur. 

• Love 2
On 2/4/2019 at 7:16 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

I mean honestly I don’t know how many fans are flocking to Tom Tom during non shooting days either but there might be more draw to that one during non filming because the two Toms “own it”. That’s why they liked when James worked. I don’t like him but he definitely didn’t just do Tuesday nights for the show. And I guess Billie Lee doesn’t just do Sunday brunch when filming. But the fact they are being in Tom from Tom Tom Which is his bar(is it though? This situation makes me think again he’s a figure head for filming or just to be there to bring groups of people)  to bar tend at Sur. 

I agree that something like this is going on.

At Billie's first brunch, Lisa said something like it was to help Billie raise her profile.  It made me think that Lisa is trying to systematically build their role in the show to insert new cast members who Lisa has more leverage on to keep them working at SUR.  And that's why she keeps hanging on to James no matter what.  I also tend to think the original cast has mostly closed ranks to not let them in an usurp their place on the show.

I wonder how long its going to be before Sandoval decides his fraction of TomTom isn't worth the extra bar-tending/appearances at SUR.  I wouldn't be surprised if Lisa allayed her the concerns of her partners at SUR about TomTom by basically promising that this  partnership required the Tom's to make appearances at both locations.  

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

I agree that something like this is going on.

At Billie's first brunch, Lisa said something like it was to help Billie raise her profile.  It made me think that Lisa is trying to systematically build their role in the show to insert new cast members who Lisa has more leverage on to keep them working at SUR.  And that's why she keeps hanging on to James no matter what.  I also tend to think the original cast has mostly closed ranks to not let them in an usurp their place on the show.

I wonder how long its going to be before Sandoval decides his fraction of TomTom isn't worth the extra bar-tending/appearances at SUR.  I wouldn't be surprised if Lisa allayed her the concerns of her partners at SUR about TomTom by basically promising that this  partnership required the Tom's to make appearances at both locations.  

I think that has to be it. There’s probably some sort of clause that Tom is required to guest bar tend at SUR occasionally. But yeah how long does he have to do that? 

• Love 2

"Raquel, do you want some chicken?!!" I laughed for a good five minutes and during his entire interaction with Scheana. It illustrates perfectly how trying to have a conversation with her can be like pulling teeth because she is so vapid.

Ariana, you are not the first nor the last person to be bisexual. That doesn't make you a special snowflake.

I agree Tom S and Ariana aren't going to last much longer and it's for the best. I don't know why I have such a soft spot for him. His whole earnest " you're my special treasure and I cherish all these little quirks and things about you" melted my heart a bit.

Kristen and Stassi both looked really cute at the party.

Would love a long shot of Raquel's face after ," Raquel, I'm sorry I called you a twat. You're welcome."

• Love 3