Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Kimmy Fights a Fire Monster!

I am only vaguely familiar with Jon Bernthal (have watched a little bit of The Punisher as I know somebody in it and he had a few scenes in Widows) but I really enjoyed him here. I one hundred percent bought it when it seemed like he was genuinely into Titus and his speech about how pretending to like him was worse than being kidnapped by Hezbollah was inspired.

"Don't tell me that I'm wrong because I want to believe that bus driver was nice!" Oh Kimmy. Please keep coming up with your own definitions for modern acronyms.

I love when this show gets weirdly specific so I enjoyed all the scenes at the Home Basics.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, helenamonster said:

so I enjoyed all the scenes at the Home Basics.

"is that an Amber alert or do you know people"

There's something about Jon Bernthal I find incredibly appealing. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I was impressed by how totally different he was from Frank Castle. The speech about how he couldn't ruin Titus was amazing.

Totis eating the mayo made me laugh a lot.

• Love 5

I loved Titus mistaking his own toes for candy and then getting stuck on the floor yelling "Kimmy! It's happening again! Get the oar!" to which Kimmy comes running with the oar. God, imagine how pathetic Titus's life must have been before he had a Kimmy. 

• Love 10

I'm glad we finally got some character development for Donna Maria.  It figures that since she's clearly the smartest out of all the Mole Women, she'd process the trauma in a way that was more like Kimmy and less like Gretchen or Cyndee.  The hair friendship bracelet was the right combo of gross and touching.

On 1/25/2019 at 12:20 PM, helenamonster said:

I one hundred percent bought it when it seemed like he was genuinely into Titus

Am I the only one vaguely disappointed that he wasn't really into Titus?  He really sold it.

• Love 7

I was really hoping that Titus was eating marshmallow fluff right out of the jar! But poor Titus. He really thought that guy was into him. I thought he was just a tabloid reporter but when it turned out that he once got captured and tortured by Hezbollah and that was easier than listening to TItus, that somehow made it even better.

I loved that Mimi, Jacqueline, and Lillian went to HomeGoods just to get hit on by millennial guys.

Donna Maria has always seemed like the smartest and shrewdest of the Mole Women, so I like that she has become a successful restaurant owner, author, etc. It was nice to see the contrast between her and Kimmy. I can totally understand Donna Maria saying that she didn't want to talk to Kimmy because she didn't want to keep rehashing what happened to them, but I also understand Kimmy insisting that they were friends because of what they'd been through together. The show usually deals with their PTSD in a comical way so it was nice to have that moment of serious truth.

• Love 5
On 1/26/2019 at 10:49 PM, starri said:

I'm glad we finally got some character development for Donna Maria.  It figures that since she's clearly the smartest out of all the Mole Women, she'd process the trauma in a way that was more like Kimmy and less like Gretchen or Cyndee.  The hair friendship bracelet was the right combo of gross and touching.

Am I the only one vaguely disappointed that he wasn't really into Titus?  He really sold it.

I was disappointed as well. Those looks he was giving Titus would've fooled me. 

• Love 3

I think I've only seen Jon Bernthal in The Punisher and The Accountant and thought he was fantastic in those, but didn't realize how well he could pull off such a seemingly sweet and bashful character. He was so charming! I'd love to see him doing more roles like that.

I also enjoyed Tomothy and his not-so-concealed contempt.

I'd forgotten how much I loved this show. There were so many great bits in this episode: Titus doing air guitar over the saxophone solo during Magic Boy, everything in the car wash (especially Titus trying but failing to bend over suggestively), and Kimmy's inability to resist dancing even when angry. But my favorite scene was when Jon Bernthal finally drops his act in the restaurant and lays into Titus.

• Love 5

I never thought Jon Bernthal was attractive on The Walking Dead. But I was really feeling him here. 

On 1/25/2019 at 12:20 PM, helenamonster said:

I am only vaguely familiar with Jon Bernthal (have watched a little bit of The Punisher as I know somebody in it and he had a few scenes in Widows) but I really enjoyed him here. I one hundred percent bought it when it seemed like he was genuinely into Titus and his speech about how pretending to like him was worse than being kidnapped by Hezbollah was inspired.

Wasn’t he saying that it wasn’t being captured by Hezzbolah that broke him (or any number of horrible things, like dragging his dead best friend for miles, etc) - but it was trying to “bring down” a man whose like was so sad and pitiful (aka: Titus’s) that finally did it. 

• Love 1

Jon Bernthal is a dish when he isn't covered in bruises, blood and cuts. Titus saying something about him being a 10 that wasn't three 3's and a one and then about being at dinner with a 10 but there were 12 people there cracked me up. It was something like that, the jokes go by so fast that I miss stuff sometimes.

Edited by festivus
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Wasn’t he saying that it wasn’t being captured by Hezzbolah that broke him (or any number of horrible things, like dragging his dead best friend for miles, etc) - but it was trying to “bring down” a man whose like was so sad and pitiful (aka: Titus’s) that finally did it. 

Yes? That's pretty much what I said?

I love this show so much!  But I am the only one I know who watches it.  So many people missing out!  My favourite part of this episode was when Kimmy got Titus to sign her autograph book and the page beside his signature said "For the last time, I am not John Candy!"  As a Canadian who loved John Candy, this was especially funny to me. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 2/1/2019 at 6:13 PM, Duke2801 said:

I took it as him saying, "I could stand physical torture, but I can't stand listening to you obnoxiously talk about yourself like you're famous."

• Love 2
On 1/25/2019 at 1:16 PM, teddysmom said:

Probably the fact that he looks like he could really manhandle a lady in the sack...in a good way...ahem...

• Love 1