Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Two - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The Other Two stars Drew Tarver (Bajillion Dollar Propertie$) as a 29-year-old aspiring actor wondering why he can't get better auditions than "Man At Party Who Smells Fart" and Heléne Yorke (Masters of Sex, High Maintenance) as his 30-year-old sister and former professional child dancer, Brooke, who aspires to be anything other than what she is right now. As the two siblings work towards finding themselves, they must also confront the dueling emotions of envy and pride brought on by the overnight internet fame of their younger brother, 12-year-old Chase, played by real-life muscal.ly sensation Case Walker. The Other Two will also feature Molly Shannon, who plays the siblings' Hollywood-ready mother, and Ken Marino (Party Down), as ChaseDream's newly-hired manager.

I watched the first episode and it had its moments. The concept is interesting (two much older siblings who are failing at life while their tween brother becomes an overnight celebrity) so I'll give it a few more weeks to see how it goes. Bonus: Molly Shannon and Ken Marino!

I liked this so far, it wasn't laugh out loud funny, and is another one of those "young kind of trashy people try to get it together and fail miserably" comedy's, but having the little brother get super famous is a good twist on it, and I enjoyed it. Interested to see where it goes. 

I stumbled across this show over the weekend and became obsessed. Watched every episode two times and watched the after show... I have had a few laugh out loud moments over the first 3 episodes, but I just love the snarky tone of the whole show. The idea of the 11 year old make-up artist being played by a 30/40-something was wonderful. I'd given up on most scripted TV shows (live action at least), but this is bringing me back in the fold.

• Love 1

When they were pretending to be celebrities in ep2, all I could think was how extremely like Kaitlin Olsen Brooke looks. I don't know who the reality star is that she pretended to be but if she had said Olsen, they'd have waved her on.

• Love 2

The pimple crisis reminded me of the real-life tennis player Jennifer Capriati, who went through adolescent acne soon after she signed with one of the famous skin lotion manufacturers. Imagine being a 14-15yo girl and your acne being a matter for board-level discussions.

• Useful 1

Loved seeing the the super quick cycle of the internets reaction to the video. "The AV Club said that "its not "Moonlight!!!""

The  sexualization of a young teen is so creepy, and so true to life with young celebrities. I do like that, as much as Carey and Brooke are ready to ride their brother coattails to get new jobs, they are always quick to draw the line when people start to say weirdly sexual stuff about their kid brother. 

• Love 6

Tonight's episode solidified why I love this show!

Jackie Hoffman as Lorraine, a 50+ year old woman for Chase's stand in, was genius casting. I actually haven't seen her in much, but have caught her several times on Watch What Happens Live and she's always quick witted and hysterical.

Just some funny highlights:

The reporter referring to Streeter as an "Old Backstreet Boy" in his all white get up, complete with page boy cap.

The theme of the dance was Old Hollywood, with movie posters up of Knocked Up and Anchorman.

Using Lorraine as the stand in at the party so Chase could stay at the dance and Cary reading Lil Wayne's Instagram post: "I love Chase Dreams. This lil dude wrinkly as hell." Dying!!

I was laughing all the way through this one.

7 hours ago, possibilities said:

That episode already aired didn't it? Or is there a second high school dance episode?

It did. It aired Monday or Tuesday night. It said "Sneak Peek" which I thought meant maybe 10 mins of a preview, but it was actually the entire episode.

Edited by Quita
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I loved that the bullet points about Chase on the New Jersey news were:

• Broke out with hit song "Marry U at Recess"
  • Outspoken supporter of LGBTQ community
  • Dated Yendani for 3h45m
  • Rumored to be recovering from a pimple

Ha and the Old Hollywood dance theme included Love Actually too. Grease on Mars was hilarious. I really liked Jeremy. He was funny but practical. I loved when he pointed out that a gay teenager playing a 40 year old Jewish man was probably not very realistic but Cary was convinced that he had pulled it off.

Jackie Hoffman was hilarious as Chase's body double. It was also awesome to see the kid from Champions!

I'm with Cary - I'd rather sit and watch Friday Night Lights than an actual football game.

Seeing Streeter crouched down on the side of the stage in his all white Old Backstreet Boys outfit and singing Chase's song cracked me up. Part of me was so excited for him that he got into Lil Wayne's tequila launch party.

I'm glad that Brooke put her foot down and let Chase stay for the rest of the dance. That poor kid just gets dragged from place to place by Streeter.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I really liked Jeremy. He was funny but practical. I loved when he pointed out that a gay teenager playing a 40 year old Jewish man was probably not very realistic but Cary was convinced that he had pulled it off.

I'm glad that Brooke put her foot down and let Chase stay for the rest of the dance. That poor kid just gets dragged from place to place by Streeter.

If Cary wants a real relationship and he's willing to do something long distance, Jeremy would be perfect. I have no idea how far away from New York they are, but weekend visits might be possible. There's phone calls/video chats for during the week. 

Brooke is more willing to stand up for Chase than Cary. Having Brooke as part of the team is great. Not only does it give us an inside look at the crazy celebrity culture, it also allows for Brooke to be a real advocate for Chase in a way that few others would be. 

I liked the scenes of Cary and Brooke at the dance and the diner. 

• Love 3

I am still loving the show, its really getting better every episode. I cant even decide on my favorite part. The "Old Hollywood" dance with Pictures of Knocked Up and Love Actually? The old backstreet boy? Lorraine pretending to be Chase so he can stay at the dance? And apparently everyone falling for it? Its gold!

I liked Jeremy, he was sweet and funny, and it might be nice to have someone with no interest in the Hollywood/entertainment world anymore around. I guess that might be kind of hard though, as Carey isnt ready to give up on his actor dreams yet. 

Its sweet that, while Brooke and Carey are fine with using their brothers sudden fame to further their own careers, and both have their selfish/screw up moments, they both clearly love their brother and want to advocate for his own health and safety, especially Brooke. Which is really important, with Streeter around, who is hilarious, but in no way should be in charge of the welfare of a child. Which is something I am really enjoying about the show so far.

I wanna see Grease on Mars!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I loved getting to see Brooke dance but I also loved that she immediately stepped in to remind the dancers that the boy they were grinding on is THIRTEEN. Ewwww!

I also felt bad for her dancer friend. The fact that she’s still booking jobs at 30 is pretty impressive. Dancers have such a short career due to injuries and the fact that it’s really hard on your body even if you manage to stay injury-free. I quit dance years ago and my feet are STILL hideous.

Poor Cary. He was so worried about being on tv that he freaked out and got so into his head that he ended up being totally awkward. 

• Love 7
On 2/21/2019 at 11:12 PM, Quita said:

The theme of the dance was Old Hollywood, with movie posters up of Knocked Up and Anchorman.

Using Lorraine as the stand in at the party so Chase could stay at the dance and Cary reading Lil Wayne's Instagram post: "I love Chase Dreams. This lil dude wrinkly as hell." Dying!!

Hahahahhahaahah.  I missed all of this but it's so funny.  Thanks.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I was confused; do we know what really happened with the dad? I don't remember, but maybe I just missed it.

Not yet. We know that he died pretty recently, and that the mom keeps telling people he died of cancer. I am guessing he might have killed himself, or died of a drug overdose or something. 

Brooke gets to dance again! Her desperately trying to get between Chase and the the dancers was hilariously awkward. Oh that song was awful! Fun seeing Greta Lee from Russian Doll pop up as Brooks former dance friend! Really, its super impressive that she is still booking gigs, 30 really is old for a dancer.

The Candy Land movie was funny because it could totally be a thing.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I know! It could also totally work as movie, because it's about characters trying to get from point A to point B and what happens/who they meet along the way. It would probably be a bad animated movie, but it's the kind of thing I could easily see being made. 

10 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I loved getting to see Brooke dance but I also loved that she immediately stepped in to remind the dancers that the boy they were grinding on is THIRTEEN. Ewwww!

Brooke is a great older sister to Chase but also to Cary as well. It's interesting finding out Brooke is much smarter than I thought. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I could totally see that being a thing and I could also hear the "Stink" song being a hit. I'm convinced if one of the Kardashian/Jenner's men - Kanye or Travis Scott - released it, it would go right to the top based on their association alone, complete with a Stink dance challenge. 

I'm loving the relationship between Brooke and Chase and how she looks out for him. This show just gets better and better.

On 2/28/2019 at 4:44 PM, possibilities said:

It seems like they are airing the show twice a week? I definitely already saw the music video episode, and they did the same thing last week, too, where the official airdate was days after the original airing.

They do air a sneak peek on Mondays. I watch it both nights and then come here after the Thursday show.

• Love 1
(edited)

I Google'd it and there is a Candy Land animated movie.

I can't believe somebody referred to Kanye West and Travis Scott as one of the Kardashian men.  What a time to live in.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I can't believe somebody referred to Kanye West and Travis Scott as one of the Kardashian men.  What a time to live in.

I just referred to them that way because I'm not familiar with or a fan of either of their music (to be honest, I'm past their age demographic) and when I hear/read about them, it's in regard to their relationships. 

• Love 1
On 3/2/2019 at 1:00 PM, tennisgurl said:

On 3/2/2019 at 1:43 PM, Sarah 103 said:

I know! It could also totally work as movie, because it's about characters trying to get from point A to point B and what happens/who they meet along the way. It would probably be a bad animated movie, but it's the kind of thing I could easily see being made. 

On 3/2/2019 at 6:22 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I would totally watch a "Candy Land" movie, but you know that today it would have a "modern" dark reimagining: "Candy Land: Where Life Isn't as Sweet as it Seems," whereupon there'd be much horror and gore, etc.

S1.E7: Chase Gets a Nosebleed

Brooke finds that it's hard to date with a famous brother; Cary tries to befriend a group of Instagays to help his chances of getting a part in a new Ryan Murphy miniseries.

Original air date: 3/7/19

• Love 1