Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E13: Tempers in Tokyo

• Start Topic

After NeNe is confronted about a shady comment, tempers spiral out of control; Eva tries to stay in good spirits, but an interaction with Marlo drives her over the edge; the ladies go out for a sexy night in the Red Light District.

Preview on Bravo website

(Sorry, I can’t embed the video.)

Airs 8PM EST Sunday, January 27th.

Edited by link417
  • Love 1
(edited)

So the editing monkeys got us, apparently Nene left all of them. Not as satisfying as I had hoped. How old is she and still throwing temper tantrums?

I could literally watch Eva go toe-to-toe with Marlo all day, LOL at the show displaying the elapsed time on the screen.

Nene: “Marlo is not a reader.”

Cynthia: “Well, Eva is!”

ETA: I spoke too soon! Nene’s about to be left in the bus exhaust, bwahaha 😈

Edited by link417
  • Love 14

Nene, this show is your job.  Lots and lots and lots of people are expected to be on time for their jobs.  And, you’re going to try to be supportive of Eva but you’ve got other stuff going on.  Again, lots of people are civil to others while they’re going through stuff.  Stop being such a bitch.  I guess I can’t blame the foot stench on you but I would if I could.

• Love 18
(edited)

Wait, was Shamari late again? I wish they would have left her, too. [Thanks, @Boofish! I missed that 11:15 was the departure time.]

They were ready to send a car for JUST her so that she could join them even though her ass came out strutting and fanning 17 minutes late, but Nene the old-ass baby was still not having it. Enjoy your room service, boo.

LOL, they were going on about leaving Nene and Aya just gave a little “too bad, so sad, sucks to be her” grimace. That face is the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ of faces.

It was great that all the women came together for Eva and were able to get her to laugh at the end.

I’m over Kandi being stank about the food. I can understand being wary of raw fish, but this is damn vegetarian food. Fix your face and at least TRY something new.

Edited by link417
  • Love 20

Kandi and Nene got "2 kids for 2 different men" Marlo was reaching. Basically what she established 

1. She buys clothes that are given to Eva

2. Shes an elder

3. Her wig loose

Good talk Marlo LMAO

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

The Guide wants everyone on time!

Guide wants to finish her job ON TIME! 

When I was in Tokyo....a lot of people don’t live in Tokyo because it is really expensive.  They take the train back home and supposedly it is at least an hour to their neighborhood.

So, they work in Tokyo and eat dinner.  Then they socialize and probably do their errands, etc....and, go home.

The last train leaves at 11 or 12. (can’t rememeber)  I have actually seen a bunch of Japanese running to make the last train.

I totally understand the McDonald’s. I never eat McDonald’s at home.  But, in Tokyo I craved it.  

A sushi dinner was like $50.  After eating....I was still starving!!!  I would go to McDonald’s (they are everywhere, so maybe why I craved it) and eat that, too.

Tokyo is very expensive.

hahahahahahaha!

omg!  The Guide stuck in the bus with them! Poor thing.

oooh, they can leave Nene behind.  Nene never tips, anyways! Good job, Guide!

WHY is Face Slasher there?????  Porcha doesn’t have any extra Naked Hair wigs for Marlo???  Marlo’s needs one! 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Boofish said:

Leave time was 11:15; according the clock NeNe stepped outside at 11:17. I don't even like Nene but that was f'ed up. 

I have no issue with it because Nene is clearly on a power trip about the time issue and wanting to make sure everyone was on the bus before she decided to come down. 

I do not get Khandi’s attitude about the food, it’s snotty and rude. She should have stayed behind, her faces are ridiculous and childish.

• Love 17

Nene is not married for 20 years!  I remember a divorce.  

Nene was hanging out with that guy who was getting her a pizzeria franchise at the airport.  Accepting Rolex and Louboutin gifts from this man right on camera during their dinner dates!  

Face Slasher needs to shut her pie hole.

Kandi

Nene

Eva 

All have 2 kids by 2 men! LMAO

Kids are more adorable than any Dior outfit she will ever wear with her Sally’s Barbie wigs!

Eva’s new baby soooooooo gorgeous! Ace is a cutie pie.

WTF, Kandi.......cover your tits! I can see your areola and in 2 seconds the nipple.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I have no issue with it because Nene is clearly on a power trip about the time issue and wanting to make sure everyone was on the bus before she decided to come down. 

I do not get Khandi’s attitude about the food, it’s snotty and rude. She should have stayed behind, her faces are ridiculous and childish.

I dont blame her considering those women are always late. It was kind of a smart plan but she didnt count on Ava not bringing any fucks to work that day hahaha 

A lot of the women have two (or more) kids for different dads Tamara, Kandi, Eva, Nene, Kim, Karen, Sheree ..  it was just a stupid thing to say. Marlo was desperate after her tryed and true 'yo momma' failed to deliver the final blow.

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, Boofish said:

I dont blame her considering those women are always late. It was kind of a smart plan but she didnt count on Ava not bringing any fucks to work that day hahaha 

She is also often late and has been one of the last to show up on this trip and was super late the first day.

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She is also often late and has been one of the last to show up on this trip and was super late the first day.

Yeah, Nene doesn’t have to be on time for the other girls.

Their Host/Guide in Japan asked them to be on time.  Show some respect.

It is important to stay on schedule because the Host has prearranged all the activities. 

Things that run on a prearranged tight schedule like buses and airplanes don’t wait for people that are 2 minutes late! 

Who is Nene to make all of Tokyo wait for her????  

Nene  needs to say I am sorry and be the first one on the bus the following day. 

• Love 16

I understand why Tanya was hurt by Nene's comment about Paul. Nene throws around so much shade, it's not unreasonable to think that she was throwing shade at Tanya and her relationship. I also saw nothing wrong with her clarifying how she felt in that moment but when Nene said 'you took it the wrong way' and Tanya just kept going, I just thought to myself that she needs to shut up and quit while she's ahead.

I get Nene being frustrated with Greg and that his behaviour may be ruining his trip but it's not fair for her to think that it's acceptable for her to rub off her stank attitude on the rest of the women without a care...and that's where she loses me. I'm certainly empathetic to her situation but she doesn't seem the least bit bothered or apologetic to the other women.

Man, Eva dragged Marlo on that bus, haha.

Thought it was very sweet when Shamari began singing and it calmed her children down.

• Love 18

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the tour guide first stressed to the group the importance of being ON TIME, it was Nene who sniffed so imperiously in her talking head that these ladies could use a lesson in being on time since they are habitually late.  Except, uh, has 't it been NENE who has been invariably the LAST to arrive and late for all departures?  

• Love 16
9 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Yeah, Nene doesn’t have to be on time for the other girls.

Their Host/Guide in Japan asked them to be on time.  Show some respect.

It is important to stay on schedule because the Host has prearranged all the activities. 

Things that run on a prearranged tight schedule like buses and airplanes don’t wait for people that are 2 minutes late! 

Who is Nene to make all of Tokyo wait for her????  

Nene  needs to say I am sorry and be the first one on the bus the following day. 

Never ever ever NEVER gonna happen.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Mr. Minor said:

It was funny when the bus left that woman who thinks she's a comedienne behind.

When asked about it on WWHL she just said "black people be late".

Maybe my vision not too good.....but, everyone on that bus that left on time  was black!  

59 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the tour guide first stressed to the group the importance of being ON TIME, it was Nene who sniffed so imperiously in her talking head that these ladies could use a lesson in being on time since they are habitually late.  Except, uh, has 't it been NENE who has been invariably the LAST to arrive and late for all departures?  

Nene is regretting hiring that cute chef for Greg.  As soon as Nene departed for the airport.....Greg turned off his phone. 

Stress is bad for the cancer.  Greg cannot deal with Nene and making the most while she is gone. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I understand why Tanya was hurt by Nene's comment about Paul. Nene throws around so much shade, it's not unreasonable to think that she was throwing shade at Tanya and her relationship. I also saw nothing wrong with her clarifying how she felt in that moment but when Nene said 'you took it the wrong way' and Tanya just kept going, I just thought to myself that she needs to shut up and quit while she's ahead.

I get Nene being frustrated with Greg and that his behaviour may be ruining his trip but it's not fair for her to think that it's acceptable for her to rub off her stank attitude on the rest of the women without a care...and that's where she loses me. I'm certainly empathetic to her situation but she doesn't seem the least bit bothered or apologetic to the other women.

Man, Eva dragged Marlo on that bus, haha.

Thought it was very sweet when Shamari began singing and it calmed her children down.

I don’t get the Marlo thing on the show.  RH always hires Marlo to go on vacation with the girls. Why?

Nene cracks me up.  She travels with a 10 piece LV luggage set.....but, they are packed with Fruit of the Loom T-shirts and dusters. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Dance4Life said:

I don’t get the Marlo thing on the show.  RH always hires Marlo to go on vacation with the girls. Why?

Nene cracks me up.  She travels with a 10 piece LV luggage set.....but, they are packed with Fruit of the Loom T-shirts and dusters. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I can't stand Marlo. That said, she always brings the drama on these trips, disrespectful to someone, arguing about what she does for a living, her horrible fashion, and just general bitchyness. 

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Maybe they just always hope that her diva behaviour will create drama on the trip and it does usually lead to some kind of altercation (ex. with Sheree, Eva, Porsha) or she throws out gossip and sits back while the others feast on it (ex. Kandi is a lesbian). If Marlo could handle herself with words, she probably would have had a better shot at being a full-time HW. She can start the drama but the other women easily cut her down and she just ends up looking stupid and often petty.

• Love 6

I know Marlo is a horrible person.  However....I love her.  She is part of some amazing scenes over the years (arguing with Sheree in Africa, stealing a room this season, fixing Nene's bun last season, calling out Porsha's "small" welcome mat the list goes on.   She even warmed my cold, dead heart in how she comforted Eva while she was crying.   

• Love 12
1 hour ago, SuzWhat said:

I know Marlo is a horrible person.  However....I love her.  She is part of some amazing scenes over the years (arguing with Sheree in Africa, stealing a room this season, fixing Nene's bun last season, calling out Porsha's "small" welcome mat the list goes on.   She even warmed my cold, dead heart in how she comforted Eva while she was crying.   

Don't forget bouncing that wig off of every doorway she went through and knocking it all around her head! 

• Love 16
35 minutes ago, SuzWhat said:

Ok typically I'm not here for Marlo but how easily she was able to put her flattening aside was super sweet.   I sort of loved that she was already in full theme-day mode before it was announced.    Mother came and let us have some ole nasty portraits of a geisha.   Yes ma'am.   She worked with the Got2B that day too because them edges were right.  Lol.

I gotta pay closer attention, I could've sworn the lady singing to her babies was Eva, but she did call one of em Roman.  lol.

Kandi needs to knock it all the way off.  Who in the whole fuck can't find a vegetable they rock with?  

Eva losing to get a cup of sake was hilarious.  

I didn't really understand everybody's reaction to Tanya's reaction.  Are there more hurtful things to say/have been said in this crew?  Absolutely but the thing is Nene went to the point of bringing Allen and Tanya's relationship up just to be dismissive about it.   How bout this - if you "don't gaf about my relationship" keep my damn relationship outcha mouth.  Otherwise quit being surprised if you broach a topic we weren't even discussing, start throwing implicative jabs that make me kinda sensitive.   Man when Tanya asked to have a word with her later I was pissed.  I said you just showed her that she won.  Pay Nene dust and let a bitch figure it out.   This was the same person explaining in detail to Porsha why the entire group was mad at her and couldn't get it one on one?    This and all that woo woo woo'ing they did after she got left?  I'dve told everybody on that shuttle, don't even think about reaching for your phone, she know what happened.    Kandi's the last muffucah that needs to talk about toughening up, she'll start crying before she's even had a chance to finish her sentence.  

Baybay, Eva snatching Marlo's edges?  Worth the price of admission.  

Marlo:  You have 2 babies by 2 baby's fathers.

Eva: and you have how many?

Now look, I don't cotton to that motherhood makes a woman a woman bullshit, however, if there's an exception, trying to paint me as loose-d is gone be it.   I stopped breathing right then, I just knew Kandi was bout to give her some.   When the camera panned over to Kandi and Shemari and they were undisguised giggling....and Bravo put up the time elapse LOL!!!  I said Marlo I hoped you signed a DNR lol.  Just lie still girl, coroner's on his way. 

• Love 21

Eva - I watched Eva-the-Diva's season on ANTM, so I've known about her a dang long time. For the most part, I like her. I think she can be shady, but she can also stand up under other people's shade. She mopped the floor with that lowlife Marlo. I dislike Marlo intensely and have since Day One.

Marlo - No matter how much I loathe her, and I do, I'll give her credit for comforting Eva. She also took her wig-bumping-on-everything with a surprising good humour. So except for her ridiculous behaviour on the bus, she wasn't too horrible this episode.

Shamari - I still think she's shallow. But when she sang to her boys and they responded so quickly, well, that showed me a lot about the genuine relationship she has with her children. That was sweet.

Nene - She's exactly the same Nene she's always been, only she's under stress because of Gregg and his cancer treatment. Because she's the same bad-tempered woman she's always been, she's taking her stress out on everyone around her. She's never had any respect or concern for people she consider "beneath" her (say, tour guides) or her coworkers (say, other HoWives), and she's being obnoxious. I really objected to her mocking of Porsha's staying home because her back hurt. Every pregnancy is different. I had a couple of miscarriages on my way to having my kids, so if a friend says, "I can't go because i feel bad," when she's preggers, I'm gonna say, "Stay in bed. Feel better." Nene also shouldn't diss another person's singing voice. I don't like Kandi's voice myself, but she's a canary to Nene's starling in my opinion. Nene thinks she's a communicator, but she's not. Communication goes two ways. She's a yeller and a bully. She's never willing to listen to the other person's point of view. She's also proud of Nay-Nay -- and she's got nothing to be proud of there. It's like being proud of all the worst aspects of your personality.

Tanya - Still a cypher to me. She was probably right that Nene was being shady to her. But if you've been engaged to one guy for years and years with no wedding in sight, you need to develop a bit of a thicker skin because someone -- whether or not they have any right to -- will make comments.

Kandi - I like you, but eat the doggoned vegetables. As I have said before, I'm allergic to seafood and don't eat any kind of meat, including poultry, so their earlier meal would have been tricky for me. But vegetables? Bring 'em on. And when I'm with people, I do not ever make those "gross-out" faces Kandi makes when she doesn't want to eat something. I don't know why she does that, unless production tells her to show her distaste. I'm guessing that the bacon-tasting item she didn't want to eat was some form of tofu.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, WordsWordsWords said:

I'm guessing that the bacon-tasting item she didn't want to eat was some form of tofu

If it was what Marlo was eating at the time she said it was most like shiitake mushroom which is pretty common for vegan “bacon”.

• Love 1
On 1/27/2019 at 8:18 PM, nexxie said:

Eva handed Marlo’s nasty ol’ ass to her on a silver platter!

It was Glorious and long overdue.

Stay bitter Marlo, you're NEVAH getting a Peach.

Forever Friend Zoned in the RH Franchise, that's why she pressed about Eva and Shomari.

• Love 6

Nene dismissed Eves sorrow over her grandfather, because Nene has her own problems.  You can still have concern for someone else, even if you have your own problems. I think Nene was jealous of all the attention Eve was getting. Nene has certainly made Greg's cancer all about her.  Of course, I would be mad if I couldn't get my husband on the phone, but I wouldn't take it out on everyone else.

• Love 9

I can understand Nene being overwhelmed by her situation with Greg.  I even, to a point, get her taking it out on the people around her.  I think it's a thing that happens in real life and having it play out on a show is beneficial for people to see, that it is hard for many people to juggle the roles of being a caregiver along with making sure they are also dealing with the fact that they are facing the potential of losing a spouse.  But, I have an issue when there is a complete lack of awareness, which is what we saw with Nene and Tanya.  The situation was a misunderstanding, she read what you said the wrong way, but maybe you didn't need to say it, either.  If it were anyone else, a simple "That wasn't what I was trying to say, I just meant x" would have shut the whole thing down, but Nene was taking her frustrations with Greg out on Tanya, and fine, that happens.  But, then at least later cop to that part.  Acknowledge that you were distracted and may have made a bigger deal than you meant to.  

Also, I get Cynthia cutting Nene slack in her interview, but, again, let's not make this totally Tanya's responsibility.  It's one thing to say Nene has a lot going on and she seems to be taking some stuff out on Tanya that she didn't cause, I hope Tanya can see that the stuff with Greg is really hard for her and understand that it's not really about her personally.  But, no, Cynthia is all "Tanya better back up" like somehow she owes it to Nene to just do whatever?  I'm all for being compassionate and I fully get people venting and that they tend to take shit out on the people they feel closest to, but, you have to at least acknowledge that it happens and don't just act like it's no big deal that you were a full on bitch.

I am now tired of Kandi's attitude towards Japanese food.  It can't be that hard to find food that she will eat in Japan, it just can't.  The first night, I saw the menu and yes, there was a lot of fish, but there was also a tomato and burrata salad.  I'm not a huge fan of burrata, but, she couldn't handle tomato and cheese?  They aren't able to make her a piece of fish that is cooked, or get her some vegetables and rice where they are going?  And at the place they kept calling vegan, she couldn't find a damn thing? Really?  But, ok, even if all of that is true, you're an adult, you can manage to not make faces at the food like there's something wrong with what is put in front of you.  It's not like they put a Survivor challenge buffet out, it was fairly normal sushi.  

• Love 11

When Marlo tried the "three kids with three different baby daddies" thing with Kim on the S4 reunion, Kim shot back with some offshoot of, "I don't make the same choices as you.  If we made the same choices, you would have more kids than I do," which I thought was good at the time.  I didn't realize what a waste of life Kim was back then.

I thought Eva was good on the bus against Marlo, and I definitely could have used more of their arguing than seeing Shamari talk to her kids (as I've stated multiple times this season, I don't tune in to see people talking on the phone)), but I'm not sure if Eva owned Marlo as much as it's been made out by Cynthia and others.  Damn editing.  The smoking/breastfeeding comment was one for the ages, and I have to give Eva credit that she appeared willing to fight with her earrings on.  

I didn't really get the make-up with the Eva hotel room/grandpa scene.  If you came for my kids and my relationships and my gosh darn breast milk, I really don't need you when the chips are down.  Maybe that is my limitation, because I thought it was sweet that they made up, although it didn't last long, given Eva's recent WWHL appearance and the fact that she talked poorly about Marlo the entire time.  

Nene back with making the stupid faces in her talking heads this week.  I don't hate Nene, and she is the face of this franchise, like it or not, but I think she was out of line with Tanya for sure, and I don't know why they got so mad at Tanya for crying--it's her emotions, and there were actual tears, maybe it was jet-lag, maybe it's an emotional situation, probably both, but shit, unless she cries all the time to the point where they think it's manipulative, give the girl a shoulder to cry on instead of making sure Nene knows you're ride or die for her.  Also, in that "make-up" scene between Tanya and Nene (which was about 95% "know your place", 5% make-up), I had to wonder if Nene was seeing Kenya's dermatologist.  Cause...wow.  

I miss Claudia Jordan as a foil to Nene.  I like Nene when she has a foil.  Kandi used to play that role, but that ship has sailed.  Nene unchecked is an awful mixture of insecurity and ego.  

Edited by LibertarianSlut
Season 4, not season 3...I think
  • Love 8
On 1/28/2019 at 6:01 PM, WordsWordsWords said:

Eva - I watched Eva-the-Diva's season on ANTM, so I've known about her a dang long time.

Eva had a nasty attitude on ANTM and I think may have taken Tyra and 'em's counsel to heart and tempered her tongue.  Eva is shady but I don't think she is mean spirited and I think she's been trying to not be the nasty person she was on ANTM.  That could also be maturity, too because Eva was quite young when she was on ANTM.

On 1/29/2019 at 1:07 AM, smores said:

I can understand Nene being overwhelmed by her situation with Greg.  I even, to a point, get her taking it out on the people around her.  I think it's a thing that happens in real life and having it play out on a show is beneficial for people to see, that it is hard for many people to juggle the roles of being a caregiver along with making sure they are also dealing with the fact that they are facing the potential of losing a spouse.  But, I have an issue when there is a complete lack of awareness, which is what we saw with Nene and Tanya. 

I wonder if the caretaker is so caught up in themselves and their stress that they can't see (and don't care) how they're coming across to other people.  The former lifestyle guru B. Smith has Alzheimer's and her husband took over her Facebook account a long while ago and vents about B and the stress of taking care of her.  But now the situation has boiled over because he's moved his girlfriend up into the house he shares with B. Smith, he's paraded this lady in newspaper articles and social media and is surprised at the backlash he's getting.  Just yesterday or Monday he lashed out on social media (because of the negative response to the Washington Post article) about how he's not dead, he has a right to move on, he shouldn't have to put his life on hold because of his wife's illness etc.  Nene is probably undergoing the same thing where she doesn't give a F about how anyone else is feeling because she is hurting, except its times ten because she didn't care about anyone else's feelings before Gregg got sick.

On 1/29/2019 at 1:07 AM, smores said:

But, no, Cynthia is all "Tanya better back up" like somehow she owes it to Nene to just do whatever? 

EVERYONE on the trip knew that if Tanya kept nipping at Nene's ankles, Nene was going to kick her and hard.  So I took Cynthia being all "Tanya better back up" as if Tanya didn't want MORE tears coming out of her eyes, to leave Nene alone. 

Also, funny that Tanya was labeled as Nene's friend at first but is now labeled at Eva's friend.

• Love 5
On 1/28/2019 at 6:01 PM, WordsWordsWords said:

Eva - I watched Eva-the-Diva's season on ANTM, so I've known about her a dang long time. For the most part, I like her. I think she can be shady, but she can also stand up under other people's shade. She mopped the floor with that lowlife Marlo. I dislike Marlo intensely and have since Day One.

Marlo - No matter how much I loathe her, and I do, I'll give her credit for comforting Eva. She also took her wig-bumping-on-everything with a surprising good humour. So except for her ridiculous behaviour on the bus, she wasn't too horrible this episode.

Shamari - I still think she's shallow. But when she sang to her boys and they responded so quickly, well, that showed me a lot about the genuine relationship she has with her children. That was sweet.

Nene - She's exactly the same Nene she's always been, only she's under stress because of Gregg and his cancer treatment. Because she's the same bad-tempered woman she's always been, she's taking her stress out on everyone around her. She's never had any respect or concern for people she consider "beneath" her (say, tour guides) or her coworkers (say, other HoWives), and she's being obnoxious. I really objected to her mocking of Porsha's staying home because her back hurt. Every pregnancy is different. I had a couple of miscarriages on my way to having my kids, so if a friend says, "I can't go because i feel bad," when she's preggers, I'm gonna say, "Stay in bed. Feel better." Nene also shouldn't diss another person's singing voice. I don't like Kandi's voice myself, but she's a canary to Nene's starling in my opinion. Nene thinks she's a communicator, but she's not. Communication goes two ways. She's a yeller and a bully. She's never willing to listen to the other person's point of view. She's also proud of Nay-Nay -- and she's got nothing to be proud of there. It's like being proud of all the worst aspects of your personality.

Tanya - Still a cypher to me. She was probably right that Nene was being shady to her. But if you've been engaged to one guy for years and years with no wedding in sight, you need to develop a bit of a thicker skin because someone -- whether or not they have any right to -- will make comments.

Kandi - I like you, but eat the doggoned vegetables. As I have said before, I'm allergic to seafood and don't eat any kind of meat, including poultry, so their earlier meal would have been tricky for me. But vegetables? Bring 'em on. And when I'm with people, I do not ever make those "gross-out" faces Kandi makes when she doesn't want to eat something. I don't know why she does that, unless production tells her to show her distaste. I'm guessing that the bacon-tasting item she didn't want to eat was some form of tofu.

I agree that long engagements or even long-term dating will cause people to ask questions or make comments...though I think her issue was mainly that she considered Nene a friend and that was the main reason for her hurt feelings.  At that time, Nene was the one she had spent the most time with and the one she had shared her personal stories with, including her relationship. If someone like Marlo had said, there's a good chance we don't see her get that emotional.

Serious question - has Nene ever admitted she was wrong or took any kind of responsibility for mishandling a situation? She forever held a grudge against Kenya because she showed up late to an event she hosted. What exactly was her reason for even disliking Claudia (btw, I really wish she had gotten more than one season)? It seems like the main criteria to being Nene's friend is allowing her be as shady, bitchy and temperamental as she likes without ever calling her out. You simply accommodate your schedule and attitude in whichever way Nene fancies...then you're good in her books. Probably why Cynthia has been one of her most consistent friends on this show - Cynthia often lacks a backbone with the people she's closest to.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Serious question - has Nene ever admitted she was wrong or took any kind of responsibility for mishandling a situation? She forever held a grudge against Kenya because she showed up late to an event she hosted. What exactly was her reason for even disliking Claudia (btw, I really wish she had gotten more than one season)? It seems like the main criteria to being Nene's friend is allowing her be as shady, bitchy and temperamental as she likes without ever calling her out. You simply accommodate your schedule and attitude in whichever way Nene fancies...then you're good in her books. Probably why Cynthia has been one of her most consistent friends on this show - Cynthia often lacks a backbone with the people she's closest to.

Ooh, good one.  I think Nene was much more conciliatory toward the beginning of the series.  She was more good-natured, and she rolled with the Sheree and Kim drama much better.  The closest I come to remember her sincerely apologizing or reflecting on her own behavior was probably when Nene got in Peter's face and accused him of getting into women business and she called him the B word.  I think Cynthia was genuinely prepared to end the friendship at that juncture, and Nene knew it, and she kind of came back and ate a little crow.  Other than that...I got nothin.  She's very sweet around her granddaughter...? And she does mend fences.  She gets to good places with people with whom she's disagreed (Phaedra, Kandi, Sheree, Kim, Kenya, Porsha, Marlo, Eva) But it's very rare that she will apologize, which I feel a little sorry about.  I love the ability to admit when I'm wrong and move on.  It feels good.  Sometimes it feels good to apologize to someone.  If you go through life thinking you're the victim of circumstances, it can get lonely.  I think Nene is probably feeling alone right now.  

I heart Claudia Jordan too.  Probably my fav RHOA ever, even though she only had one season, so who knows what would have happened after that?  Did she get fired or quit?  

• Love 6
22 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

When Marlo tried the "three kids with three different baby daddies" thing with Kim on the S4 reunion, Kim shot back with some offshoot of, "I don't make the same choices as you.  If we made the same choices, you would have more kids than I do," which I thought was good at the time.  I didn't realize what a waste of life Kim was back then.

I thought Eva was good on the bus against Marlo, and I definitely could have used more of their arguing than seeing Shamari talk to her kids (as I've stated multiple times this season, I don't tune in to see people talking on the phone)), but I'm not sure if Eva owned Marlo as much as it's been made out by Cynthia and others.  Damn editing.  The smoking/breastfeeding comment was one for the ages, and I have to give Eva credit that she appeared willing to fight with her earrings on.  

My mind is struggling to figure out what she meant.   Marlo has abortions instead of kids..? Marlo missed her chance by choosing a lifestyle over motherhood...? or am I overthinking it, is this just a weak read?

lmao-gif-2.gif

2 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I wonder if the caretaker is so caught up in themselves and their stress that they can't see (and don't care) how they're coming across to other people.  The former lifestyle guru B. Smith has Alzheimer's and her husband took over her Facebook account a long while ago and vents about B and the stress of taking care of her.  But now the situation has boiled over because he's moved his girlfriend up into the house he shares with B. Smith, he's paraded this lady in newspaper articles and social media and is surprised at the backlash he's getting.  Just yesterday or Monday he lashed out on social media (because of the negative response to the Washington Post article) about how he's not dead, he has a right to move on, he shouldn't have to put his life on hold because of his wife's illness etc.  Nene is probably undergoing the same thing where she doesn't give a F about how anyone else is feeling because she is hurting, except its times ten because she didn't care about anyone else's feelings before Gregg got sick.

he's mad.

tenor.gif?itemid=8094024

13 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Best of my knowledge, she only ever gets half way there.  When she was yanked from the Xscape tour, she said she should've taken a different approach with that heckler instead of arguing back.  Which, um, girl I guess.  It's never a full throated Auntie Iyanla shiny clean I'm sorry that I hurt you, please forgive me.  And it never will be.  I'm honestly not certain how she maintains any actual friendships.  In real life is this sustainable?  I might have to evaluate some sensitivity levels cause me and mine are free to say bitch you hurt my feelings and the one who did the hurt will be like aw heffa I'm sorry, I ain't mean it.  Essential-ish.  No? 

Nene and Phaedra had gone to see Demetria sing someplace, ya'll remember this?  I wanna say she did a Whitney cover, girl can blow like hell.  Anyway, Nene/Phaedra were talking under their clothes, just giggling and carrying on.  Demetria didn't appreciate it.  And per her usual, instead of Nene apologizing for being rude, she popped off some more.   I can't remember if Phaedra ever apologized.  They brought all that funky energy to San Juan.  Claudia had the unmitigated gall to insert herself in it by saying look we're all right here, talk about it on front street like a grown woman (I think this was again because there was some whisperhollering directed at Demetria going on at the table) and she (Claudia) was just like knock this shit off and have and talk like adults.   Look:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-7/videos/the-full-read-off-claudia-vs-nene

Now that we're talking about old times, it brings to mind Demetria and Roger Bobb.  They were engaged for 10 years.  While I think it's natural for folks around you to be like what?? I also think it's natural, actually kinda prickly to lay that at the woman's feet.  She's wondering about the same thing she's bring criticized for but nobody's got any shade for the groom.  No fair.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Ooh, good one.  I think Nene was much more conciliatory toward the beginning of the series.  She was more good-natured, and she rolled with the Sheree and Kim drama much better.  The closest I come to remember her sincerely apologizing or reflecting on her own behavior was probably when Nene got in Peter's face and accused him of getting into women business and she called him the B word.  I think Cynthia was genuinely prepared to end the friendship at that juncture, and Nene knew it, and she kind of came back and ate a little crow.  Other than that...I got nothin.  She's very sweet around her granddaughter...? And she does mend fences.  She gets to good places with people with whom she's disagreed (Phaedra, Kandi, Sheree, Kim, Kenya, Porsha, Marlo, Eva) But it's very rare that she will apologize, which I feel a little sorry about.  I love the ability to admit when I'm wrong and move on.  It feels good.  Sometimes it feels good to apologize to someone.  If you go through life thinking you're the victim of circumstances, it can get lonely.  I think Nene is probably feeling alone right now.  

I heart Claudia Jordan too.  Probably my fav RHOA ever, even though she only had one season, so who knows what would have happened after that?  Did she get fired or quit?  

It's easier to mend fences when its other people willing to let bygones be bygones without any kind of apology or accountability from you, lol. To be honest, I know her relationship with Kim and Sheree is very temperamental and a lot of bullshit that has gone on between those three but other than her issue with Phaedra (which really stemmed from Phaedra being hung up on Nene saying she didn't really know her) and her issue with Kenya (which seemed to stem from Kenya showing up late to one of her events), I can't even remember why she even had issues with any of the other women, lol.

Gossip says she was fired but Claudia says she left on her own accord after the show wanted to bring her back in a 'friend of' capacity.

• Love 1

@ZaldamoWilder, I agree with your whole post.  It's so funny.  I just can't quote it because I'm at work, and the gifs could cause a partner or two to misread the fact that I am actually doing important work here lol.  But I am totally with you when it comes to girl friends--hell, even strangers--being able to say, "you were wrong" and someone being able to say, "yes, I was wrong" back.  Otherwise...how do we get back on good terms when one of us did wrong?  

I took Kim's read of Marlo to totally be that Kim was implying that Marlo had multiple abortions, which, no judgment on the issue at hand at all, but pretty good as a clap-back to "three babies by three daddies" in my book.

I was watching a Madea movie that was produced by Roger Bobb a few weeks ago, and it brought me back to most of season....was it season six?  The one with the sleepover. That "sleepover" might have been my favorite event ever recorded on this show, but Nene was dead wrong.  It was the wrongest I ever remember her being.  Starting by slamming the door in Kenya's face.  I had forgotten about Demetria until you brought her up.  I got her confused with Mynique and her relationship drama that kind of unfolded right alongside Demetria's.  Those were the days.  

I completely forgot about the Nene-heckler scandal until you reminded me.  I think Nene showed remorse in that instance, if not sorrow (but if I'm being completely frank, it's not obvious to me that she did anything so wrong, as I tend to give comedians a lot of leeway, like a ton), but it was more like a remorse for herself, not like a genuine remorse.  

I guess the question still stands as to whether Nene Leakes has ever issued a genuine apology! (If anyone can remember Lisa Vanderpump offering a genuine apology while we're on the topic, all of my sincerest thanks to you).

Also, I was cruising Amazon Prime for something to watch with the husband last night, and I saw a little square for Clockwork Orange, and I almost fell out, because it showed the eyelashes, and now I finally know what a poster upthread was referencing when they asked if Eva was going to stop with the Clockwork Orange eyelashes.  Better read than anything I've heard from Marlo thus far!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Marlo getting k-o'd by Eva was worth the price of admission this week.  She had NO SMOKE to give back and the other ladies low-key laughing made it all the funnier.  

I swear, Porsha just cracks me up.  The look on her face when a beaten Marlo flipped her raggedy ponytail over the seat?  The commentary about how the guide was looking for an Uber to get the hell off that tour bus?  The comment about the geisha's lace-fronts?  Girl is hilarious and I just want to hang out with her and be the new Frack to her Frick.

But the MVPs of this episode were the two Japanese ladies who had to check these heffas.  First the guide who was NOT PLAYING when she pulled out at 11:17.  LOVE!  I'm always the first to arrive and I have no tolerance for that deliberately late shit.  "Black people be late?"  FOH!  No, we're not and the ones who like to embrace that stereotype like it's some badge of honor can kiss my on-time ass.  The other lady at the geisha show asking them to keep it down gets all my love too.  How you gonna walk in late and be rowdy?!  

• Love 8

Just caught up with the episode. Of course, Eva and Marlo's argument was on some gauche-ass shit. Arguing over labels and Eva showing off $1,200 slippers.

With that being said, well, typed, Eva gave Marlo a good snatching. It was a long time coming, and it couldn't have happened to a better person.

One good time I want someone to stand up to NeNe. I wrote before that I think long-ass engagements are silly, but if Tanya and Paul are good, leave them alone. Tanya should've told NeNe not to worry about who she (Tanya) is sticking and licking and end it. Prostrating before NeNe, in the end, was disappointing. 

I liked Cynthia's wig when they went out. I will forever miss her pixie cut, though. 

• Love 8
On 1/28/2019 at 8:54 AM, RHJunkie said:

This right here.  I understand that she is going through a rough time with Greg, but that’s doesn’t excuse her behavior. Nene has always been a beeyotch to the women, no matter what’s going on in her life. 

• Love 12

Please forgive me. Can't remember if I'm repeating myself. Tried to scroll back, but the new format is doing something to my eyes. (I'm old.) I found I really missed this show when they were off for that dry ass Superbowl last week.

Porsha is the star of the show! She's soo fun & just a perfect Georgia peach. 🍑🍑🍑 (I'm a Grady baby, so I did a hair flip just now.)

Nene cracked me up with the bit about women standing at the bus stop with a baby on their hip & one in their belly. So true! But, that's why I watch this stupid show. Can Black women be spoiled & catered to? Why we always gotta struggle?

That's also why I like Tanya. She doesn't add much to the show, but she's beautiful & crazy paid.

I love-love-loved Shamari singing to her babies! I wasn't feeling her at all before, but that moment had authenticity.

Getting ready to watch the new episode now. Soo glad they're back. Ratings be damned; I'm in.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 4
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 12:05 PM, Sheenieb said:

Just caught up with the episode. Of course, Eva and Marlo's argument was on some gauche-ass shit. Arguing over labels and Eva showing off $1,200 slippers.

With that being said, well, typed, Eva gave Marlo a good snatching. It was a long time coming, and it couldn't have happened to a better person.

One good time I want someone to stand up to NeNe. I wrote before that I think long-ass engagements are silly, but if Tanya and Paul are good, leave them alone. Tanya should've told NeNe not to worry about who she (Tanya) is sticking and licking and end it. Prostrating before NeNe, in the end, was disappointing. 

I liked Cynthia's wig when they went out. I will forever miss her pixie cut, though. 

I think Kenya stood up to Nene pretty dam good. Kenya is a fighter with words.. Nene just screams over you and she's loud and has a very limited vocabulary so she tries to shut you down or resorts to cussing and yelling.

• Love 4
On 1/30/2019 at 11:23 AM, LibertarianSlut said:

I guess the question still stands as to whether Nene Leakes has ever issued a genuine apology! (If anyone can remember Lisa Vanderpump offering a genuine apology while we're on the topic, all of my sincerest thanks to you).

No, neither one has issued an honest-to-God, remorseful, unqualified apology to another cast member. Every once in a while, they will both get backed into a corner where it faintly registers somewhere in their narcissistic brains that they have to show some concession or else risk proving the others' points about their lack of any accountability, and they'll do a "meet-you-halfway" admission, but only because it's a matter of not looking like a total asshole and also keeping important alliances going.

• Love 2