Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E13: Twelve Seconds

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Other thoughts:

• I really hope that Nash's intention was for the audience to realize that wasn't Jon's suicide note but rather one written by Ashley.  I mean, I would think that it would be obvious, but given some of Nash's past moves, I can't completely rule out the possibility that he thinks no one will notice and he's trying to retcon  

It never even occurred to me that Ashley might have written it, but that’s the only thing that would make any sense. It wasn’t even close to the original note shown. 

12 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I'm glad Regina finally told Rome to go back on his meds, but that one scene really doesn't undo the damage this show has already done on this topic.

I agree. The only way the can fix this is if they show him going to his doctor and they work on adjusting is medication. Presenting it as an all or nothing situation is ridiculous and irresponsible. 

5 minutes ago, politichick said:

Wasn't there a second note that Jon put behind a painting?

Also, does Gary have a job?

And isn't the building where he grew up?

The insurance policy was behind the painting. 

Gary is an actuary, but he seems to have only gone to work once during the entire season so far. 

No, he told Ashley it was his college apartment in the last episode. 

Edited by Guest

It's pretty amazing that the skyline seems not have changed one bit since the picture was painted (20 years ago????)!

19 minutes ago, Dani said:

The only way the can fix this is if they show him going to his doctor and they work on adjusting is medication. Presenting it as an all or nothing situation is ridiculous and irresponsible. 

Exactly.  A friend spent years trying different amounts of different medications before she found one that (mostly) works for her [she still has bouts of depression, but they're far more manageable these days.]

• Love 8

I could see Katherine being ticked off that new guy didn’t tell her about being made partner.  She turned down the offer to have time for Theo. Now that he is partner, he won’t have time for a relationship. And he is her boss now.

I would be furious with Ashley. She knows they have been racking their brains to know what Jon was thinking. She had some the answers. Plus she opened an envelope clearly meant for his wife.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

Now that he is partner, he won’t have time for a relationship. And he is her boss now.

He certainly won't have time for a young boy.  He wasn't thinking about Katherine's or Theo's needs at all.

2 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

He certainly won't have time for a young boy.  He wasn't thinking about Katherine's or Theo's needs at all.

What about his own kid!  Wasn't that his kid who was making waffles and Chewbacca-ing with Theo and Katherine?

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

But on the other hand, they just went out a few times, he has to turn down partner for her because she did. I think he should have mentioned it earlier, but he has a right to do it.

Nash made it seem Ashley was off he show for now, saying goodbye on FB but if they ever do some detective work and look at his computer, maybe the letter, the original letter, will be there. And if Rutledge was just the life insurance policies (like Gary thinks now) it would not be a big deal. The files titled that Ashley deleted were numerous and about business deals. It should be on hard drive but will anyone look?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwitq_nL3JvgAhUGZN8KHS-7CPAQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bustle.com%2Fp%2Fwhat-is-rutledge-on-a-million-little-things-jons-assistant-ashley-is-hiding-more-than-we-know-12139846&psig=AOvVaw0u2AM03AuUV63WpHIDA0vB&ust=1549151336985025

Edited by debraran
2 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

What about his own kid!  Wasn't that his kid who was making waffles and Chewbacca-ing with Theo and Katherine?

I forgot about him.  But that makes his decision to become partner even more dumb -- who's going to look after his kid when he's stuck late at the office.

1 minute ago, debraran said:

But on the other hand, they just went out a few times, he has to turn down partner for her because she did. I think he should have mentioned it earlier, but he has a right to do it.

I think his accepting the partnership may be a bit selfish in that he won't have time for his own son.  But that's his look-out.  I was talking about how he dropped it on her.  He should not have asked for or accepted the date in the first place, because a) he won't have time for her or Theo and b) he's her boss.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

I forgot about him.  But that makes his decision to become partner even more dumb -- who's going to look after his kid when he's stuck late at the office.

I think his accepting the partnership may be a bit selfish in that he won't have time for his own son.  But that's his look-out.  I was talking about how he dropped it on her.  He should not have asked for or accepted the date in the first place, because a) he won't have time for her or Theo and b) he's her boss.

I wasn't thinking about him being her boss, reminded me of the Good Wife episode. Maybe he will be a passing guest star then.

Edited by debraran
9 minutes ago, debraran said:

I wasn't thinking about him being her boss, reminded me of the Good Wife episode. Maybe he will be a passing guest star then.

I would be fine not seeing him again.  I mean, he's not exactly a compelling character and I think he was just part of the show for the sake of a plot.  Besides, Katherine deserves better.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, debraran said:

Nash made it seem Ashley was off he show for now, saying goodbye on FB but if they ever do some detective work and look at his computer, maybe the letter, the original letter, will be there. And if Rutledge was just the life insurance policies (like Gary thinks now) it would not be a big deal. The files titled that Ashley deleted were numerous and about business deals. It should be on hard drive but will anyone look?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwitq_nL3JvgAhUGZN8KHS-7CPAQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bustle.com%2Fp%2Fwhat-is-rutledge-on-a-million-little-things-jons-assistant-ashley-is-hiding-more-than-we-know-12139846&psig=AOvVaw0u2AM03AuUV63WpHIDA0vB&ust=1549151336985025

So either it’s a big conspiracy by Ashley or Nash changed his mind about the mystery and is just pretending that all of that stuff didn’t exist. It will be interesting to see if Nash has a grand plan or if he things the viewers are stupid.

The biggest thing missing from the new letter is anything that hinted to criminal wrongdoing which supports either possibility. 

2 minutes ago, Dani said:

So either it’s a big conspiracy by Ashley or Nash changed his mind about the mystery and is just pretending that all of that stuff didn’t exist. It will be interesting to see if Nash has a grand plan or if he things the viewers are stupid.

The biggest thing missing from the new letter is anything that hinted to criminal wrongdoing which supports either possibility. 

This does give me hope that Nash isn't just trying to bank on people not noticing that Ashley swapped out the suicide notes.  I'm not confident at all that the answer to this entire mystery is something that will interest me because, honestly, few things are less exciting to me than real estate.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Dani said:

So either it’s a big conspiracy by Ashley or Nash chanIged his mind about the mystery and is just pretending that all of that stuff didn’t exist. It will be interesting to see if Nash has a grand plan or if he things the viewers are stupid.

I agree, I  don't think Jon would kill himself over that business deal. He was planning thing for 2 years and he alluded to the past. Implicated was a word Nash wanted seen in that letter at first. I hope he's not that sloppy that he keeps changing course. The first thing Ashley did was delete files after he jumped. I remember thinking that was callous but maybe protecting herself.

Did Jon mail the video to Barbara? Would he trust that? I read there might be more videos but IDK. I think it's odd, he does a video to Barbara but writes a typed letter to Delilah. Didn't Jon have a lawyer? I would think he'd leave some things to him.

Seems the Barbara Morgan thing next week is just her old house which makes sense.  Way too soon for this show.
The promo for Feb. 7's "Someday" confirms that Gary (James Roday) finds Barbara's address, but additional press information says that the woman appearing in the preview (Drea de Matteo) is simply someone who lives at Barbara's old home. To be fair, double lives and secret identities on A Million Little Things aren't too much of a reach, so de Matteo's character could always be more important than network statements are letting on.

Edited by debraran

I put another shot of the letter from another site on "spoiler" thread. It was blurry but other people got some lines that were cut off from the one on an angle. He mentions the painting was bought on their honeymoon? I'm totally thrown by the implication his wife knows more than we think she does too.

Edited by debraran
1 hour ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Well, partners at firms  make far more money than associates, so he would be taking care of his child financially.  It used to be that partners worked far less too, but that’s not as true anymore.  But they don’t always do the same late nights as associates, they aren’t doing the grunt work.  It’s also true that, at least at large firms, generally if you aren’t promoted to partner (and presumably if you turn down partnership, which almost never happens, you don’t stay at the firm.  You are given time to find a new job.  So the entire “Katherine doesn’t make partner but stays at the firm” doesn’t make sense.  It’s possible, but not the norm.

on Rutledge and Delaware.  The other document names make it seem this is some deal (though who knows with mis-direction).  A lot of companies are incorporated in Delaware due to their favorable corporate laws, so that made sense to me.

ha, I missed that the skyline should have changed.  I also missed the reference to the painting being bought on Jon and Delilah’s honeymoon.  Did she never wonder what happened to the painting??

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

Well, partners at firms  make far more money than associates, so he would be taking care of his child financially.  It used to be that partners worked far less too, but that’s not as true anymore.  But they don’t always do the same late nights as associates, they aren’t doing the grunt work.  It’s also true that, at least at large firms, generally if you aren’t promoted to partner (and presumably if you turn down partnership, which almost never happens, you don’t stay at the firm.  You are given time to find a new job.  So the entire “Katherine doesn’t make partner but stays at the firm” doesn’t make sense.  It’s possible, but not the norm.

To be fair, that's probably the difference.  My guess is that Hunter isn't the main custodial parent and, for him, he's more likely to see his kid on weekends when he wouldn't be as likely to be working.  Katherine, on the other hand, is the custodial parent.  Eddie off doing the rock star thing and only sees Theo when he passes through town at the moment.  When he is in town, it seems like he's the weekend dad.   Plus, "childcare" was not Katherine's concern.  She wanted to have time with Theo every day and being partner would have made that harder.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

ha, I missed that the skyline should have changed.  I also missed the reference to the painting being bought on Jon and Delilah’s honeymoon.  Did she never wonder what happened to the painting??

There are two different paintings. The one they bought on their honeymoon was in Jon’s home office and had the insurance policy hidden behind it. The skyline one was hanging in Gary’s apartment until recently. 

I noticed in Jon’s apartment you can see an outline on one of the walls were a painting used to be. My guess that is where the skyline painting was hanging before Jon gave it to Gary. 

few things are less exciting to me than real estate.

Someone needs to take Phil Dumphy's "Intro to Real Estate" class stat!!!

2 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

Well, partners at firms  make far more money than associates, so he would be taking care of his child financially.  It used to be that partners worked far less too, but that’s not as true anymore

Li'l Chewy (or Theo) would have been fine financially (and it doesn't look like Katherine is hurting even without being partner); I don't think that was a concern. But Katherine's only stipulation was "no late nights", so I presume that the new partner is going to have to work nights.  As he is a single parent, that means that babysitters and nannies are going to be watching his son.

I forgot that Jon didn't paint the picture or have it commissioned, so someone else coincidentally painted the exact same skyline????  Yeah, right.

1 minute ago, jhlipton said:

I forgot that Jon didn't paint the picture or have it commissioned, so someone else coincidentally painted the exact same skyline????  Yeah, right.

@Dani pointed out that Nash retconned this over in the spoiler thread.  The first time we see the letter, he mentions that they got the painting on their honeymoon.  The second time we saw the letter a few episodes later (not the completely different letter that appeared in this episode), the line about getting the painting on their honeymoon was removed.

1 minute ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

@Dani pointed out that Nash retconned this over in the spoiler thread.  The first time we see the letter, he mentions that they got the painting on their honeymoon.  The second time we saw the letter a few episodes later (not the completely different letter that appeared in this episode), the line about getting the painting on their honeymoon was removed.

It doesn't really matter when he got it; it's the fact that he didn't paint it or have it painted, but picked it up somewhere (unless part of the retcon will be that he had it commissioned...).

Just now, jhlipton said:

It doesn't really matter when he got it; it's the fact that he didn't paint it or have it painted, but picked it up somewhere (unless part of the retcon will be that he had it commissioned...).

The artist is "B. Morgan," so I doubt that it was just a painting he picked up somewhere.

• Love 4

I felt bad for Sophie the entire episode.  She kept talking about how overprotective her Mother was.  To me, it seemed like Delilah was just uninterested and Sophie wasn't particularly high on her priority list.

Also, what is going on with Delilah's hair and make up.  Are they trying to compensate for her acting?  Is this inability to keep up with the dye job because of the pregnancy?  She looks more like the character with cancer than Maggie does.

2 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

I could see Katherine being ticked off that new guy didn’t tell her about being made partner.  She turned down the offer to have time for Theo. Now that he is partner, he won’t have time for a relationship. And he is her boss now.

I don't think it was about any of that.  He knows she was passed over for partner.  The night before she asked him about something about work (that turned out later to be his being offered a partnership) which he side stepped and she took as lets switch the topic to date, not work.  I think he was nervous about telling her.  I have no idea why he suddenly wasn't after sex.  But while I think Katherine overreacted thinking he just wanted sex and lied to get it because Eddie is a cheat, I also think he should have told her over dinner about the partnership  If he wasn't comfortable doing that then he should have postponed intimacy.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ParadoxLost said:

I felt bad for Sophie the entire episode.  She kept talking about how overprotective her Mother was.  To me, it seemed like Delilah was just uninterested and Sophie wasn't particularly high on her priority list.

Also, what is going on with Delilah's hair and make up.  Are they trying to compensate for her acting?  Is this inability to keep up with the dye job because of the pregnancy?  She looks more like the character with cancer than Maggie does.

As far as I can tell, Delilah sees her children as accessories but, when actual parenting is needed, she farms them out to one of the various people taking care of all of Delilah's wants and needs.  And, in previous episodes, it seems like Sophie is having to be the adult in the family because her mother is so self-involved.

I agree about the acting.  I feel like Szostak's emotional range is 0-10, except she misses 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.  She's either flatlining or chewing every bit of scenery.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

As far as I can tell, Delilah sees her children as accessories but, when actual parenting is needed, she farms them out to one of the various people taking care of all of Delilah's wants and needs.  And, in previous episodes, it seems like Sophie is having to be the adult in the family because her mother is so self-involved.

I agree about the acting.  I feel like Szostak's emotional range is 0-10, except she misses 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.  She's either flatlining or chewing every bit of scenery.

Very true. 

It was nice that Danny was finally shown as a grieving son. Chance Hurstfield and James Roday we’re both really good in that scene. I am always impressed when an actor can believably show exactly what the character is feeling without saying a word. 

Grace Park’s reaction after Eddie said he wanted a divorce was also really well done. 

Edited by Guest
8 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

And Sophie rocked that Def Leppard shirt and 90s choker!

Hysteria is one of my all time favorite albums!

Speaking of nostalgia I now want to binge watch Perfect Strangers.

We're finally getting some answers but I hope we find out soon who Barbara Morgan is and how she fits into all this. It feels like the mystery has been dragged out long enough.

• Love 2

Here’s a transcript of Jon’s letter that Delilah read.  It doesn’t really say much but it does indicate where they might be going with Barbara Morgan. 

The most interesting part is how it changed from the first version, which is in the spoiler thread.

“I know there’s nothing I can say that could make you forgive me for what I’ve done. But I need you and the kids to know that it had nothing to do with any of you.

I know I haven’t always been the perfect husband. For so long I haven’t been the man that you think I am. The man I wanted to be. The truth is, that man died long before I met you. I’ve tried to find him again but I’ve been in so much pain. I tried to push through, but I couldn’t live with it. I couldn’t live with the guilt. But please know this, you let the other part of me live so happily for as long as I could.

And, regardless of everything I’ve done, I’ve never stopped loving you, and I hope that someday you can forgive me. Love everyone as much as I love you.”

Edited by Guest
2 minutes ago, Dani said:

Here’s a transcript of Jon’s letter. It doesn’t really say much but it does indicate where they might be going with Barbara Morgan. 

The most interesting part is how it changed from the first version shown. 

“I know there’s nothing I can say that could make you forgive me for what I’ve done. But I need you and the kids to know that it had nothing to do with any of you.

I know I haven’t always been the perfect husband. For so long I haven’t been the man that you think I am. The man I wanted to be. The truth is, that man died long before I met you. I’ve tried to find him again but I’ve been in so much pain. I tried to push through, but I couldn’t live with it. I couldn’t live with the guilt. But please know this, you let the other part of me live so happily for as long as I could.

And, regardless of everything I’ve done, I’ve never stopped loving you, and I hope that someday you can forgive me. Love everyone as much as I love you.”

Isn't this the second letter, the one Ashley gave to Delilah?

Just now, HazelEyes4325 said:

Isn't this the second letter, the one Ashley gave to Delilah?

Yes. I just edited my post to make it clearer. 

2 hours ago, woodstock said:

Hysteria is one of my all time favorite albums!

Speaking of nostalgia I now want to binge watch Perfect Strangers.

We're finally getting some answers but I hope we find out soon who Barbara Morgan is and how she fits into all this. It feels like the mystery has been dragged out long enough.

You are my people! :D

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Dani said:

If Ashley was able to get the money it would require her committing fraud by claiming to be each beneficiary. 

...unless the money was set up as a trust, with her as trustee. Katherine did say nothing she did was illegal. If she was the person responsible for managing the trust, and she was acting in good faith thinking she was managing the money in a way that was ultimately in their best interests, then it's legal.

47 minutes ago, possibilities said:

...unless the money was set up as a trust, with her as trustee. Katherine did say nothing she did was illegal. If she was the person responsible for managing the trust, and she was acting in good faith thinking she was managing the money in a way that was ultimately in their best interests, then it's legal.

The life insurance policy listed Rome, Eddie, Gary and Barbara Morgan as the beneficiaries rather than a trust. They were the only ones who could legally file a claim for the money. 

I don’t think Ashley did anything illegal within the world of the show but in the real world it wouldn’t be legally possible. 

Edited by Guest

So you think they put out a letter some sleuths read and screenshot and blew up and then changed it?  Is that common? Even the first one shown, the word "implicated" was pretty easy to see, and both seemed to have "Ashley had no idea I was going to do this, she will know exactly what to do. "  A lot of "protection" talk.  I feel to make it real, they have to show what and why Ashley deleted files so soon after his death if it was just a vote and bad deal.  Way too boring and doesn't make sense.

Is it that hard to break into Jon's computer?  Believe me if my handsome, smart, loving boss threw himself off a balcony after sending me tickets to Spain, I wouldn't run to his computer and delete files as my first coherent thought.

I don't watch a ton of TV anymore but I've never seen a show where clues are given and then changed.

Edited by debraran

Do we know for certain that Hunter has a child? I thought that was a friend if Theo’s that was over when the four of them were making pizza and Chewbacca sounds. The episode is gone from my on demand, but I don’t remember hunter ever saying he was a single parent also. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

The actress who plays Ashley, Christina Ochoa, is gorgeous.

Well, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. It does nothing for me.

I was a little distracted watching the episode so I guess I need to go back to it but I hope that financial troubles is not all that led Jon to commit suicide. Does this really happen these days? I get it that it might be devastating but to make him plan so much in so little time and go ahead with the plan for materialistic reasons is kind of sad. There is so much awful going on in people's lives, how sad that he felt so desperate AND alone to be unable to put all into a larger context? It also goes against the show's premise of this deep friendship. Jon didn't really trust anyone then, and the friendship wasn't that deep but rather very compartmentalized. 

16 hours ago, jhlipton said:

It's pretty amazing that the skyline seems not have changed one bit since the picture was painted (20 years ago????)!

Exactly.  A friend spent years trying different amounts of different medications before she found one that (mostly) works for her [she still has bouts of depression, but they're far more manageable these days.]

Right and as I have stated going through depression too. It isn't just a simple "here are the meds and you are fine." Rome really does need to be seeing a psychologist and YES, Regina needs to be going along with Rome and also dealing with her problems that also contributed to Rome. Not to mention, why have the kids NOT been with a school counselor or something. They just ask they will role and be fine with the fact their father KILLED himself. Even if he had been walking down the street and a car swerved off and hit him. You just don't MOVE ON when a parent dies like that suddenly.

I decided to watch the first show again. It starts with Jon talking to "Allan" on the phone. He said "I'm not asking you to give me the lease for free, I'm asking you to overcharge me on the rest of the building and look away for the rent on that space". If you can't Allan I'll have to look for someone who can". It says Allan Kaye Properties on his phone when they do closeup. It's on a table while he uses earpiece. Easy to look up for someone.  This whole time he is getting dressed, which is odd. Did he know the outcome or that part didn't matter to his plan.

The letter Ashley read did state the papers behind the picture which she obtained "Orchard Circle" life ins. It does show Ashley search his computer for his name and nothing comes up. I doubt she knew who it was.

So sad when Sophie said "he had a plan for everyone but me" (or her brother)

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, cardigirl said:

Do we know for certain that Hunter has a child? I thought that was a friend if Theo’s that was over when the four of them were making pizza and Chewbacca sounds. The episode is gone from my on demand, but I don’t remember hunter ever saying he was a single parent also. 

I'm assuming he does.  The set up was that Theo was going to someone else's house for a playdate, but Katherine needed childcare for after that.  Then, we see Theo at his own house with this other kid and Hunter in charge.  I can't see why the play date would be changed so that this random kid could hang out with Katherine's co-worker.

But then the BS level on this show is rising at an alarming rate, so who knows?

5 hours ago, Dani said:

The life insurance policy listed Rome, Eddie, Gary and Barbara Morgan as the beneficiaries rather than a trust. They were the only ones who could legally file a claim for the money. 

I don’t think Ashley did anything illegal within the world of the show but in the real world it wouldn’t be legally possible. 

Didn't they say something about Ashley being trustee?  I get that this is a life insurance policy, not a trust.  But Nash can't even read a freakin' calendar, so the bar is pretty low.

For me the jury is still out on if Jon was suffering from mental health issues or if his suicide was an exit strategy when his deals went astray so he didn’t have to face the fall. While excessive gambling with your life is a symptom of some mental illnesses, I am less inclined to be sympathetic when it seems the activity is unethical. Backroom deals and manipulating votes for the stop is what it seemed like to me but I will wait to see what more unfolds.

ETA I am a tax partner and my husband is disabled and sure I have business trips and last night a client meeting until 7pm but we just make it work with our daughter. I don’t see why I would turn down career advancement just because I am a female parent that seems pretty sexist to me. Partnership comes with other perks too besides the money, the work is better, I can duck out to watch the Christmas concert, etc. People make non 9-5 schedules work all the time and still are good parents, doctors with weird hours, nurses with 12 hour shifts, real estate agents who work evenings and weekends, hairstylists who work evenings and weekends are just a few examples that have kids without people criticizing their commitment to their families but somehow a partner lawyer or accountant having kids is a shit parent.

Edited by fountain
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, debraran said:

I decided to watch the first show again. It starts with Jon talking to "Allan" on the phone. He said "I'm not asking you to give me the lease for free, I'm asking you to overcharge me on the rest of the building and look away for the rent on that space". If you can't Allan I'll have to look for someone who can". It says Allan Kaye Properties on his phone when they do closeup. It's on a table while he uses earpiece. Easy to look up for someone.  This whole time he is getting dressed, which is odd. Did he know the outcome or that part didn't matter to his plan.

Ohhhh, I wonder if Barbara Morgan is the little old lady from across the hall that told Gary and Delilah "Johnny" hadn't been at his apartment in a while, and it's her apartment lease that he wanted Allan Kaye Properties to overlook.

• Love 4

Partners are only bad parents if they are female. Dads can do anything and be great parents, and even if they totally abandon their families, it's because of their manpain, whereas women who do so are monsters. Doesn't anyone remember Kramer vs Kramer? Sexism 101. Eddie is ON TOUR and he's a great dad whose kid won't open up to Mom, so Mom has to ask Eddie to step in. I mean, Eddie is less available than Katherine would have been on the partner track. Double standards are deeply embedded in this show as elsewhere.

I thought Katherine was upset because she was being very open with Hot Dude about her life, and he was not reciprocating. So it set off her feeling that "it's happening again"-- that she was more invested than he was, just like with Eddie. Also, she thought they had a real friendship and yet he put keeping things easy so she'd have sex with him over keeping things real. It wasn't evil for a casual hook up. But that's not Katherine's style. She doesn't want someone who will withhold ANY information right now, or who will take the easy way just to keep it fun. That's too close to what blindsided her with Eddie.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, jhlipton said:

Did we just see him tell Gary he got it somewhere? Because, if that is the case, he was clearly just lying because he didn't want to reveal who Barbara Morgan is. I'm guessing Barbara lived with him in the apartment and that is when she painted it.

I am glad the subway stop didn't get approved. It would have made Jon's suicide seem ever more awful if he died because of a business deal that got salvaged a few weeks later. But I am glad Delilah was smart enough to sell them.

1 minute ago, KaveDweller said:

Did we just see him tell Gary he got it somewhere? Because, if that is the case, he was clearly just lying because he didn't want to reveal who Barbara Morgan is. I'm guessing Barbara lived with him in the apartment and that is when she painted it.

I am glad the subway stop didn't get approved. It would have made Jon's suicide seem ever more awful if he died because of a business deal that got salvaged a few weeks later. But I am glad Delilah was smart enough to sell them.

But who was Allen in all this? He knows about the building and apartment, just a business associate from the company listed on his phone? Obviously the "looking for someone else" Jon said to Allan wasn't going to happen since he jumped, but I don't want Nash changing what opened the series.

9 hours ago, debraran said:

So you think they put out a letter some sleuths read and screenshot and blew up and then changed it?  Is that common? Even the first one shown, the word "implicated" was pretty easy to see, and both seemed to have "Ashley had no idea I was going to do this, she will know exactly what to do. "  A lot of "protection" talk.  I feel to make it real, they have to show what and why Ashley deleted files so soon after his death if it was just a vote and bad deal.  Way too boring and doesn't make sense.

I never heard of a show doing that but I could see it if they changed the part that needed to be blown up to see. The really weird thing is that changed the part they zoomed in on and we were clearly supposed to read.

Last week we even saw Jon put the envelope behind the painting so I makes no sense to pretend that line wasn’t in the letter.

5 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Didn't they say something about Ashley being trustee?  I get that this is a life insurance policy, not a trust.  But Nash can't even read a freakin' calendar, so the bar is pretty low.

Yeah, Jon made her trustee and they probably intended for that to mean she could legally claim the life insurance. I have experience dealing with trusts and life insurance payouts and everything about it is wrong. 

I shouldn’t be surprised but this one particularly annoys me because the insurance policy was such a big part of the mystery. That was supposed to be part of Jon’s grand plan so to have it so casually being used feels like a cop out. We spent all this time waiting for the reveal of the note and insurance papers and they were completely meaningless. 

7 hours ago, debraran said:

I decided to watch the first show again. It starts with Jon talking to "Allan" on the phone. He said "I'm not asking you to give me the lease for free, I'm asking you to overcharge me on the rest of the building and look away for the rent on that space". If you can't Allan I'll have to look for someone who can". It says Allan Kaye Properties on his phone when they do closeup. It's on a table while he uses earpiece. Easy to look up for someone.  This whole time he is getting dressed, which is odd. Did he know the outcome or that part didn't matter to his plan

That was supposed to be the restaurant space for Regina. They mention in one of the earlier episode that it was the last deal he made.  It came up again in The Day Before... after Regina’s call that they needed to make the deal tomorrow. 

Edited by Guest
54 minutes ago, Dani said:

I shouldn’t be surprised but this one particularly annoys me because the insurance policy was such a big part of the mystery. That was supposed to be part of Jon’s grand plan so to have it so casually been used feels like a cop out. We spent all this time waiting for the reveal of the note and insurance papers and they were completely meaningless. 

That was supposed to be the restaurant space for Regina. They mention in one of the earlier episode that it was the last deal he made.  It came up again in The Day Before... after Regina’s call that they needed to make the deal tomorrow. 

But I thought it wasn't done when he jumped, I guess it was. The rent was her rent I guess.

Way too many changes, I hope it slows down when this mess is over but Nash does seem to wing it as he goes along. I am now thinking about the video and if there were more. Ron said he might be back in "videos" but if he sent any to the kids, etc. they would have gotten them by now. It is more personal in many ways and he chose that avenue for Barbara.

15 hours ago, cardigirl said:

It wasn’t clear on the show but DJ Nash confirmed it on Twitter. 

But, back into grumpy viewer mode, Hunter's son is not something that Nash should have had to clarify.  It would have taken less than a second to make this clear in the show.  Just sayin'.

I assumed it was someone else's kid since he didn't do or say anything to clarify it. Not a biggie but sloppy writing. I almost wish for the mystery to be over so they could go and write normally, it's a little like how This is Us became with how Jack died. Some fans cared, many didn't, some tuned out. (I lost 3 at work to discuss it with) We all differ but he should be developing everyone so that when Barbara and the rest are done with, the other stars can move on.

• Love 2

I’m thinking Jon couldn’t live with whatever happened with Barbara and booze way back when - since he tried to support her until the end, could she be handicapped from an accident that was his fault, or maybe her child or another loved one was hurt or killed.

(Somebody else may have mentioned this by now; I’m way behind in reading threads about this show.)

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 2