Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E11: Damaged Goods

raven
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

Rewatched today, and this is the only thing I could think of :

ETA: Because no matter how many times they've each tried to sacrifice themselves over the years,  these two are *exactly the same*: one offering to lock himself away for eternity with an insane archangel as the  way to save the world.  But the reaction from the other.......yes, it still makes me very, very angry.

SEASON 5:

SAM: You're gonna let me say yes?

DEAN: No. That's the thing. It's not on me to let you do anything. You're a grown – well, overgrown – man. If this is what you want, I'll back your play.

SAM: That's the last thing I thought you'd ever say.

DEAN: Might be. I'm not gonna lie to you, though. It goes against every fiber I got. I mean, truth is... You know, watching out for you... it's kinda been my job, you know? But more than that, it's... it's kinda who I am. You're not a kid anymore, Sam, and I can't keep treating you like one. Maybe I got to grow up a little, too. I don't know if we got a snowball's chance. But... But I do know that if anybody can do it... it's you.

SAM: Thank you.

DEAN: If this is what you want... Is this really what you want?

SAM: I let him out. I got to put him back in.

DEAN: Okay. That's it, then.

SAM: This thing goes our way and I...Triple Lindy into that box... y-you know I'm not coming back.

DEAN: Yeah, I'm aware.

SAM: So you got to promise me something.

DEAN: Okay. Yeah. Anything.

SAM: You got to promise not to try to bring me back.

DEAN: What? No, I didn't sign up for that.

SAM: Dean --

DEAN: Your Hell is gonna make my tour look like Graceland. You want me just to sit by and do nothing?

SAM: Once the Cage is shut, you can't go poking at it, Dean. It's too risky.

DEAN: No, no, no, no, no. As if I'm just gonna let you rot in there.

SAM: Yeah, you are. You don't have a choice.

SEASON 14:

SAM: That’s your plan? You want to be buried alive?

DEAN: Buried’s not safe enough. Plan is, pay a little hush money, charter a boat to take me out to the Pacific. Splash.

SAM: You and Michael, trapped together – for eternity?

DEAN: Yeah.

SAM: You do realise how insane this is, right?

DEAN: It’s the only sane play I’ve got. Michael gets out, that’s it for this world. And he will get out.

SAM: “Sorry.” How sorry are you? Sorry that you fight to keep Donatello alive, but when it comes to you, you just throw in the towel? Or are you sorry that, after all these years, our entire lives, a-after I’ve looked up to you, after I’ve learned from you, I-I-I’ve copied you, I followed you to Hell and back… are you sorry that all of that it – it – it means nothing now?

DEAN: Who’s saying that?

SAM: You are, when you tell me I have to kill you. When you’re telling me that I have to just throw away everything we stand for, throw away faith, throw away family. We’re the guys who saved the world. We don’t just check out of it!

[SAM pushes DEAN.]

DEAN: Sam, I have tried everything. Everything! I got one card left to play and I have to play it.

SAM: You have one card today! But we’ll find another tomorrow. But if you quit on us today, there will be no tomorrow! You tell me, uh, you don’t know what else to do. I don’t either, Dean. Not yet. But what you’re doing now, i-it’s – it’s wrong! It’s quitting! I mean, l-look what just happened. Donatello never quit fighting. So we could help him because he never gave up.

Yeah, maybe Dean should have given the Purge speech back to Sam.

• Love 8