Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: Sister Wives Secrets

Aethera
  • Start Topic

I think the tiny bit of self-awareness that Kody possesses has given him the insight as to how burdened his future already is with all the daughters yet to be married and how old he's going to be before the last kid is an adult.  He's realized a little bit of how well he's already buried himself.  

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

I think the tiny bit of self-awareness that Kody possesses has given him the insight as to how burdened his future already is with all the daughters yet to be married and how old he's going to be before the last kid is an adult.  He's realized a little bit of how well he's already buried himself.  

I have a feeling once the show is over and no easy money coming in.  All future education and weddings will be the cost of the child.  I believe that only the dependent children and or Robyn's kids will get anything.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Absolom said:

It is high time he decided his personal religion believes in vasectomies.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Rewatching this ep and everything about Meri's body language says go away.  The other wives seem to be trying but man, they need to just let it go.  I paid attn this time to her brother who seems like a perfectly nice man but he looks older than Kody and while I feel a bit icky saying this, Kody is facially better looking. I think Janelle just had hot pants for him and figured well if I have to be wife #2 to get at that so be it.  Meri's family all seem much warmer than she is.  

If I were these people I would be very scared to be their age with their financial planning skillz.  Hopefully their kids let them live with them because otherwise I don't know how they will pay their way.  Under employed for eons, a million kids, vacations galore to Disney that aren't filmed, college, weddings, 4000 tacos, etc.  I haven't been the best saver but I know I have a pension coming when I get out of here and if I can last another 14 years, I retire at 100% salary.  I thank my lucky stars everyday that I stopped doing hair at 23 and fell into this employer.  I know I am very lucky.  Their situation would keep me up at night.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Punkadoo said:

I feel like every time Meri said "by myself" there was a mental f**k you that accompanied it.

2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Rewatching this ep and everything about Meri's body language says go away.  The other wives seem to be trying but man, they need to just let it go. 

I wish they'd stop trying to appease the unhappy, miserable, narcissistic cow. Fine! Be "by yourself", Meri, NO ONE LIKES YOU!

• Love 19
On 1/31/2019 at 12:44 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

See, and I just see this as an emotional response to a situation that you have no financial business being in!  But that is me.......B&B's are not known for their huge profit gain.  If anyone is in Duluth, MN:  https://thomsonhouse.biz/  Holy moly this place is THE BEST!!!

Well since we are comparing honeymoon hideaways ;D

https://www.harborlightinn.com/marblehead-hotel

Good breakfast, cookies and lemonade in the afternoon, wine and cheese in the evening, cute pub onsite, and the town of Marblehead is adorable! Plus the staff was amazing.

• Love 4
On 1/31/2019 at 8:02 PM, Schmoopy said:

When someone mentions a B&B, THIS place is what I picture in my head.... NOT that dusty, creaky, haunted, overpriced old house in the middle of nowhere I want to be that Meri just had to have because reasons.

I do think as far as bed and breakfasts go that Lizzie's Heritage Inn looks cute and has charm...BUT, it does seem that there is very little to do in the area and that is a big detractor in my book. The number one requirement I have for any vacation destination is that the accommodations must be within walking distance to shops, restaurants, and attractions. I'm on vacation, I do not want to have to drive to get a good meal or pick up some tchotchkes! If I choose to drive to other attractions, fine, but I don't want it to be a necessity.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I do not want to have to drive to get a good meal or pick up some tchotchkes!

What, you don't want to drive to the Burger Barn and visit the local cemetery?  Well, there's always the Parowan Prophet, he's just across the street.

• Love 8

When I was 10, my family made a 3 week trip to Ireland. We split our time between nicer hotels, and bed and breakfasts. The bed and breakfasts were awesome. I was 10, so the food didn’t really stick in my memory, but the horseback riding, etc. did. Something to DO! The hosts were  families that also lived in the house, and it was great. Their knowledge made the trip better because we explored off “the beaten path”.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 7

When my kids were teens, we would take winter breaks to go on ski trips.  We usually stayed at a lodge that was built for the purpose, providing accommodations for about 4 families and communal breakfasts That was always a great experience, they provided a game room for the kids and the adults could sit around the big roaring fireplace in the evenings and we all got to know people from other areas. 

This was before the days of the internet and once when we decided on a last minute trip and there was no space available at the usual lodge, we responded to an ad for a BnB.  When we got there, we discovered that the couple were renting out their own bedroom and they were bunking in with their kids.  They had doubled up their own kids to make a room available for mine.  Their family and mine shared one bathroom.

Breakfast was served true family style, theirs and mine.  Great if you are spending time as guests of friends, but I found the experience to be awkward and uncomfortable all around and I vowed then never again with a BnB.  Now that I have seen some of the great inns that some of you have experienced, I may be open to giving a BnB a try once again, as long as I didn't have to sit around in the evening in a doiley encrusted living room making chit chat with Bonnie.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

When my kids were teens, we would take winter breaks to go on ski trips.  We usually stayed at a lodge that was built for the purpose, providing accommodations for about 4 families and communal breakfasts That was always a great experience, they provided a game room for the kids and the adults could sit around the big roaring fireplace in the evenings and we all got to know people from other areas. 

This was before the days of the internet and once when we decided on a last minute trip and there was no space available at the usual lodge, we responded to an ad for a BnB.  When we got there, we discovered that the couple were renting out their own bedroom and they were bunking in with their kids.  They had doubled up their own kids to make a room available for mine.  Their family and mine shared one bathroom.

Breakfast was served true family style, theirs and mine.  Great if you are spending time as guests of friends, but I found the experience to be awkward and uncomfortable all around and I vowed then never again with a BnB.  Now that I have seen some of the great inns that some of you have experienced, I may be open to giving a BnB a try once again, as long as I didn't have to sit around in the evening in a doiley encrusted living room making chit chat with Bonnie.

But - wouldn't you LOVE to ask Bonnie some questions?  lol

• Love 7

In the mid-1970s we stayed in several BnBs in Scotland and the families typically moved into a caravan in their backyard for the summer when all the room were occupied.  Many of them were 100+ year-old cottages with 2' thick walls.  They were very homey with nice hosts who would tell us about hiking trails, etc. and they were very interested in hearing about our lives too.  Bonnie seems nice, but I can imagine Meri hiding or whining when she is in Parowan.  I always think of Parowax when I see/hear Parawan.

Reviews of "Lizzie's Inn" give the impression that Bonnie is gracious and chats with the guests.  Maybe she was only introverted around Meri's negative and judgy fambly.  Any normal person would be.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Yeah, I researched a lot of BnBs and showed them to my husband, and even though some of them looked wonderful, he was not on board with the idea of sitting at a communal table, eating breakfast with the owners and other guests. We were staying in Salem for the second half of the honeymoon at a more traditional hotel, but for the first few nights I wanted to experience something more intimate. The Harbor Light Inn combined the best of both worlds. The beds were so comfortable and the breakfast great - the dining area has a big table for the more communal experience but also a room with smaller tables that look out over a lovely fountain and gardens in the back. Lots of natural light and soothing tones, with a nautical theme of course, lol. The staff was discreet but always present when you needed something. And the location was perfect, just down the cobblestone street were trinket shops, a museum, coffee shops, restaurants, a lovely park that looks out over Marblehead Harbor - I'm getting misty just remembering it all! A perfect New England coastal town experience. And the funny thing is, before I started planning our honeymoon, somehow I had never even heard of Marblehead!

***I must also add a disclaimer as @Mrs. Hanson did and say I have no personal or professional affiliation with Harbor Light Inn or the town of Marblehead - just a lot of wonderful memories!***

• Love 1

I have a feeling once the show is over and no easy money coming in.  All future education and weddings will be the cost of the child.  I believe that only the dependent children and or Robyn's kids will get anything.

Robyn doesn't appear to be the favorite wife anymore. Kody seems to have swung back towards Christine, from the last few episodes.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Robyn doesn't appear to be the favorite wife anymore. Kody seems to have swung back towards Christine, from the last few episodes.

Robyn looks tired and over it all. I think she feels like she's been beating her head against a wall when it comes to Meri. It does seem like she and Christine have settled into a good relationship. 

I just realized, I don't really know what kind of relationship Robyn and Janelle have - have we ever seen them interact on a one-on-one level? 

• Love 5
On 2/2/2019 at 12:28 PM, Kyanight said:

Her son goes to college in Arizona so the entire family is uprooted and moves to that town and state?  I mean, who does that? 

Funnily enough, the parents of a friend of mine. My friend grew up in Edmonton, and was desperate to leave. When she got into university in Ontario she told her parents she was moving there and wouldn't be returning to Edmonton - so they followed her to the province.  Granted, she was an only child, which makes them following her a bit easier to understand. She has only returned to Edmonton once in the 30 years since she left, to be in a friend's wedding. She arrived the afternoon before the wedding, and left first thing the morning after the wedding.

But...her parents just had to uproot themselves.  Not three other wives and a kajillion kids.

I want to know how Kody, who has "always" wanted to return to Utah, ended up moving to Arizona.  Now, I'm not American, but according to my map Arizona and Utah are not the same.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Funnily enough, the parents of a friend of mine. My friend grew up in Edmonton, and was desperate to leave. When she got into university in Ontario she told her parents she was moving there and wouldn't be returning to Edmonton - so they followed her to the province.  Granted, she was an only child, which makes them following her a bit easier to understand. She has only returned to Edmonton once in the 30 years since she left, to be in a friend's wedding. She arrived the afternoon before the wedding, and left first thing the morning after the wedding.

But...her parents just had to uproot themselves.  Not three other wives and a kajillion kids.

I want to know how Kody, who has "always" wanted to return to Utah, ended up moving to Arizona.  Now, I'm not American, but according to my map Arizona and Utah are not the same.

No they aren't lol! It should be interesting to see how he arrives at the idea of Flagstaff, because that has not been mentioned at all so far.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

Robyn looks tired and over it all. I think she feels like she's been beating her head against a wall when it comes to Meri. It does seem like she and Christine have settled into a good relationship. 

Aren't we all beating our heads when it comes to her??  I mean....she is just frustrating on all levels.

4 hours ago, Kyanight said:

But - wouldn't you LOVE to ask Bonnie some questions?  lol

Yes, yes I would!!!

• Love 7
On 2/4/2019 at 1:14 AM, Gothish520 said:

I do think as far as bed and breakfasts go that Lizzie's Heritage Inn looks cute and has charm...BUT, it does seem that there is very little to do in the area and that is a big detractor in my book. The number one requirement I have for any vacation destination is that the accommodations must be within walking distance to shops, restaurants, and attractions. I'm on vacation, I do not want to have to drive to get a good meal or pick up some tchotchkes! If I choose to drive to other attractions, fine, but I don't want it to be a necessity.

Exactly.  I don't care how good Agatha's Cinnamon Rolls are, or which Z-list celeb's mom is going to pour my coffee - I don't want to stay someplace with next to no attractions within a reasonable distance.

On 2/4/2019 at 7:57 AM, Kohola3 said:

What, you don't want to drive to the Burger Barn and visit the local cemetery?  Well, there's always the Parowan Prophet, he's just across the street.

That Parowan Prophet van right across the street would probably be enough for me to pull right back out of Lizzie's and head for the nearest Holiday Inn.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, Anlogle said:

I agree. There needs to be something to do there for me to go there.

I am from the east coast and have never been west of Austin, TX (save for a dream trip to Hawaii years ago)--and that area is on my bucket list --Bryce Canyon Grand Canyon, Zion, etc. However, no way would I consider a B&B in Parowan if there is nothing to do there. There are way better options.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

But there is!  Just check out these fabulous options.  And they didn't even mention the Parowan Prophet.

Too bad Meri didn't take a quick tour of the Parowan Cemetery, she may have been able to determine if the previous occupants of her ancestral home were polygamists or not.

• Love 5
On 1/27/2019 at 11:36 PM, kicotan said:

Christine:  “Shut it, Kody. It’s not your turn to make noises”

Really?

I’m the only wife in my marriage and somehow I don’t think it would go over very well if I spoke to my husband like that.  Sounds like something I might say to my dog, but doesn’t their dogma state he is the head of the household and is to be respected as such?  I thought I read somewhere that they (the AUB religion, not the Brown’s) espouse a “collective bargaining” approach when it comes to any sort of dissent in the ranks aimed at the head of the family.

Mariah:  “She’s not a victim.”

Amen, sister.  Not for nothing, but I believe that’s the root of her filling attacked, being confused, filling everything she does is wrong, not understanding why everyone else does their own thing and yet she doesn’t get the same consideration.

Me:  You STILL won’t admit you did anything wrong, Meri.  You’ve gone overboard trying to force the fambly into meeting with catfish victims, talking endlessly about how devastating it is to be victimized in such a horribly embarrassing way and trying desperately to get their sympathy.  It’s all for naught because you won’t admit your part.  The way you responded to your vast loneliness amidst a fambly of 18 people all living next door to each other in one happy Religious Fambly.  That internal abyss that drove you to engage in an internet fantasy life that consumed enough of your time and effort you masked your obsession to everyone except the only person living in your 5 bedroom mansion with you.  Your own daughter, noticed it, called you out on it, warned you about it and advised you against it.  You didn’t listen to her and got sucked in further and you can’t figure out why she is so mad at you.  You knowingly cheated, emotionally, if not in other ways, on your husband and your wives instead of finding another way to deal with your loneliness, like communicating and involving yourself in your beloved fambly and oh I don’t know, finding a COMPETENT therapist to work on your issues.  You suck, Meri.  And not in a good way, obviously.

Forgiveness starts with admitting your wrongdoing, not blaming someone else for it.

I thought she had met the guy, had sex and introduced the daughter to him ? Was all that fake news?

On 1/28/2019 at 9:58 AM, laurakaye said:

Amen, @VedaPierce - I was sort of dumbstruck when Mariah was on my screen, because I am so used to these people shading their "confessionals" and covering the truth with loads of horse manure that when a Brown actually speaks the truth, it's like someone wiped all the orange goo off of the windows so the sun could shine in (sorry for that twisted metaphor).  Mariah was all - "nope, she's not the victim.  I am over it.  It's her that wants to keep re-opening the wound and adding the salt."  Meri cheated on her husband.  Mariah was there for it.  She tried to tell Meri that "Sam" wasn't rill.  Meri was ready to bail.  Mariah knows this.  But as long as Meri plays the victim, she's lucky that Mariah is in her life at all.  Meri needs to stop reliving this for her own pleasure and leave her daughter out of it.  If Meri needs a case of the "Sam" giggles, she can contact her fellow catfished buddies and they can play let's pretend.  It's disgusting that Meri needs Mariah to play along with her, and I am so glad that Mariah isn't having it.

Thanks, for not writing about that fantasy land story about being cat-fished.

• Love 1
On 2/4/2019 at 12:06 PM, Gothish520 said:

I just realized, I don't really know what kind of relationship Robyn and Janelle have - have we ever seen them interact on a one-on-one level? 

I think Robyn realized what a complete joy suck Meri is.  Plus, Meri betrayed the entire family with the catfish, and they’re not addressing that. She keeps blaming catfish, so she’s not sorry for it. 

• Love 8

Holly Shit Kodster stole the Q and Patriot movement saying “Where We Go One, We Go All”

This is about the great Awakening 

WWG1WGA. it’s all over Youtube and Twitter What a POS couldn’t come up with his own saying

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 2/17/2019 at 11:08 AM, Dave James said:

Holly Shit Kodster stole the Q and Patriot movement saying “Where We Go One, We Go All”

This is about the great Awakening 

WWG1WGA. it’s all over Youtube and Twitter What a POS couldn’t come up with his own saying

It was also in the movie White Squall.

• Love 1

I apologize that I am late to the party, and I’m certain it’s been previously discussed, but are we really STILL rehashing the catfishing incident?  I haven’t watched in a while and other than Cody’s hair looking even more ludicrous than normal, it’s all the same BS.   Meri’s catfishing, Meri feeling “attacked” by the other wives, Cody making ridiculous pronouncements and assumptions they all ignore.  I can’t for the life of me understand how they are a “family” and not a very dysfunctional freakish harem.  Meri seems to exist in the family only so she can play the victim every time she says wants to do something with her life and the family thwarts her plans.  She can’t possibly want to go to school, run a B and B, or any business because there is no reason for her not to.  She is not married, her only child is far out of the nest.  The family is an excuse for her to never do much of anything.  

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, SoCalAgain said:

I apologize that I am late to the party, and I’m certain it’s been previously discussed, but are we really STILL rehashing the catfishing incident?  I haven’t watched in a while and other than Cody’s hair looking even more ludicrous than normal, it’s all the same BS.   Meri’s catfishing, Meri feeling “attacked” by the other wives, Cody making ridiculous pronouncements and assumptions they all ignore.  I can’t for the life of me understand how they are a “family” and not a very dysfunctional freakish harem.  Meri seems to exist in the family only so she can play the victim every time she says wants to do something with her life and the family thwarts her plans.  She can’t possibly want to go to school, run a B and B, or any business because there is no reason for her not to.  She is not married, her only child is far out of the nest.  The family is an excuse for her to never do much of anything.  

I THINK they finally laid the catfish crap to rest.  (But you never know!)  Meri has been better this season.  Much less crying and she's begging for scraps of affection from Kody, so maybe she wants to make this fiasco work out somehow?  (Kody is NOT interested.)

• Love 4
(edited)
On 2/16/2019 at 3:03 PM, Dave James said:

I thought she had met the guy, had sex and introduced the daughter to him ? Was all that fake news?

Meri was looking forward to finally meeting the guy ("Sam") and took Mariah with her, but the guy didn't show up, just his female "friend" who was the catfisher all along (because Sam does not exist).

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6

Super duper late and just catching up on episodes.  By any chance, Did Meri buy a house in Parowan Utah, by herself? Because, it wasn't mentioned 4357 times or anything.  That is a place I had never heard of before.  But heard about it 4357 times in 1 hour. Goodness!!

These people have not aged well. Cody had such a baby face when they started the show! Wow. I honestly think this show ruined what they had. 

Anyway, I do like the B and B. It's cute, especially the exterior. I hope I'm in the right epi thread, they all kind of blend together. 

• LOL 8
36 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

Super duper late and just catching up on episodes.  By any chance, Did Meri buy a house in Parowan Utah, by herself? Because, it wasn't mentioned 4357 times or anything.  That is a place I had never heard of before.  But heard about it 4357 times in 1 hour. Goodness!!

These people have not aged well. Cody had such a baby face when they started the show! Wow. I honestly think this show ruined what they had. 

Anyway, I do like the B and B. It's cute, especially the exterior. I hope I'm in the right epi thread, they all kind of blend together. 

No they haven't aged very well, but it has been 10 + years.  They are all in their 40's and 50's.  I think the stress of the show and taking on a new wife after 20 years took it's toll.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

No they haven't aged very well, but it has been 10 + years.  They are all in their 40's and 50's.  I think the stress of the show and taking on a new wife after 20 years took it's toll.

Yeah, the show and all the moving and general craziness must truly truely 😄 be stressful.  I get the feeling they don't like each other any more either. Looking back to the beginning, Meri used to light up around Kody.  I do really think it's sad how things have ended up for the wives and Kody.  No one looks happy. 

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, Absolom said:

This is the curse of reality TV shows for very many of families.

You know, I often wonder at the end of the day, how does it better them financially in the long term versus me working a regular (white collar) job (that I enjoy) with benefits, paid vacation, bonuses, stock options, retirement/401k etc. And very little tsuris. 🙃

• Love 10
8 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

You know, I often wonder at the end of the day, how does it better them financially in the long term versus me working a regular (white collar) job (that I enjoy) with benefits, paid vacation, bonuses, stock options, retirement/401k etc. And very little tsuris. 🙃

I think not much in the long run. But so many people want that FAME.  No thanks. 

• Love 5