Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: On the Prowl

• Start Topic

On 1/31/2019 at 3:37 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Alyssa has been hosting All Stars since S3, which aired in 2013. Angela Lindvall hosted S1 and Carolyn Murphy hosted S2. I remember almost nothing about how well the first two did as hosts. I guess the producers decided that they liked Alyssa enough to have her stay on instead of having a new host every year. Whatever the reason, it has nothing to do with anything she has done politically in the recent past.

Every week I can’t help wonder about the awkwardness that must be in the air with Alyssa being a forerunner with the #MeToo movement and Georgina being (ex?) Mrs. Harvey Weinstein. 

I am “happy” to have others agree with me about Ann - why the bitch fest all the time (perhaps bitter about not being asked to judge like Nina was?)? Plus, even if I got them for free, I would never wear anything designed (or copied) by Michelle - she was a vile commentator about everybody’s look in other PR seasons too...just an awful personality.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Lindah999 said:

Every week I can’t help wonder about the awkwardness that must be in the air with Alyssa being a forerunner with the #MeToo movement and Georgina being (ex?) Mrs. Harvey Weinstein.

If I recall correctly, this season of All Stars was filmed before all the shit hit the fan (I think this season was filmed in the summer of 2017 and the Weinstein scandal broke in October of that year), so I doubt there was any awkwardness on the set between them at the time. After the news came out, Alyssa publicly supported Georgina more than once.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

I love that Michelle asked if being called ‘Renaissance Fair’ was a good or a bad thing. Do we really know? 

Gibbon dress was really awful. Really bad. 

Why was Alyssa being such a bitch to Django? 

Because she's such a bitch? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Love 1

Ok, it may be a cultural thing, but when did belly buttons become offensive? (and when did showing a belly button was more offensive than showing your whole butt cheeks?).

Also, what was happening with mentor Ann's hair? It looked like she had woken up in a hurry.

Dmitry, I love you (in spite of what you have done to your face), but if you want us to believe that you are a kick-*ss inspirational designer, please be one! That dress was a snooze-fest.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Token said:

My pick for designated winner for the season - Anthony Ryan or Dimitry.  Outside picks = Anya and Irina.  Clearly an American winner.

I think Christina Exie is a dark horse for the win. She's got some real talent.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Oh, I think she's amazing and would be a worthy winner.  But I don't think she has a chance in this version of the show.

On 2/5/2019 at 3:15 PM, Gothish520 said:

I can only hope! This is the second week in a row that I think she's been completely robbed. Unfortunately, I think the judges are prodded by the producers to pick the Top 3/Bottom 3 based on who have the highest profiles, perhaps those that start lots of drama (I'm looking at you Irina and Michelle) or who they think are fan favorites, or possibly just give the best soundbytes. Perhaps Christina is just very quiet and focused, and doesn't give good TV, which doesn't give me a lot of confidence that she will win. She just doesn't seem to be noticed which is a shame because I thought her Croc dress was brilliant and should have won the challenge. It's the same 3 in the spotlight - Dmitry, Michelle, and Anthony Ryan. Only Dmitry is tolerable.

It's a shame because the level of work is (mostly) very high and the runway is always a joy to watch. The judging, not so.

• Love 3
On 1/30/2019 at 9:03 PM, Late to the party said:

Ok, so, am I the only one, or does anyone else think Dmitry has had plastic surgery?  His jaw line and lips make him look like a different person. From the first show, I was like, that doesn’t look like Dmitry.....

I totally thought the same thing and just Googled it to see your comment! He's obviously had work done! So different!!