Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: On the Prowl

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, GoldaVining said:

I don't know why Alyssa is hosting this. Does everybody else know how this happened? I know she has inserted herself politically in a public way, so I realize she is somewhat (?) of a public figure now besides being an actor. Perhaps she has a wide circle of influence on social media. She seems hard and didactic in this role. She is the host, not the mentor. When she said Django's look needed to be resolved before it hit the runway, she said it with such authority.

Alyssa has been hosting All Stars since S3, which aired in 2013. Angela Lindvall hosted S1 and Carolyn Murphy hosted S2. I remember almost nothing about how well the first two did as hosts. I guess the producers decided that they liked Alyssa enough to have her stay on instead of having a new host every year. Whatever the reason, it has nothing to do with anything she has done politically in the recent past. I don't think her comments are out of line just because she's the host. Heidi is allowed to say whatever she wants during judging on regular PR and she can be very opinionated too, so Alyssa doing the same is in line with that. And I'd much rather hear specific critiques than the usual starlet comment of "I would wear that!" or "I wouldn't wear that."

Hehe, but don't worry about taking the show too seriously. You are in good company here!

1 hour ago, meep.meep said:

But both Kristina's were robbed this week.

There is only one Christina this season (from Australia). Were you thinking of Cynthia? The only other female designers left are Anya, Irina, and Michelle.

• Love 10

I misunderstood the challenge, because I thought the designers were going to be judged by real people in a club. I know that might sound goofy, but, if memory serves, Original Recipe PR did the  real-people-judging thing once or twice. I had visions of the models walking into a club and seeing which outfits caused the most interest. 

'course, we would have needed Morganza back to destroy the outfit with too much partying. 

• Love 7

I haven't viewed the first couple of episodes, but I am an opposing view on Anthony Ryan's designs; I have liked all of them that I've seen.  Not saying they should all be winning designs, but I've liked them.  Now if I could get him to stop the uptalk...

Dimitri had a jaw/chin reconfiguration at the very least, and probably a whole lotta dermatological shenanigans as well.

I didn't care for Michelle's winning look much.

Django's creation was more of an arts & crafts project than a garment design.

I'm alone in liking most of Anya's garments, though I'm not prepared to say they're worthy of winning a design award.

The giraffe designer (name escapes) is an enigma to me; some weeks I think he's very talented, others I think he's a poser.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Anya's parakeet design looked like pajamas - it was a silky nightie and a robe, per usual.

FTFY.

42 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

I continue to wonder why they leave Alyssa discussing that in the aired episodes. Either they're contractually obligated to mention Penney's even though that aspect of the prize was basically called off or production doesn't care enough to edit that out/dropped off the episodes as-is and ran. I guess it could be both, especially since the show's ancient history to Lifetime at this point.

2 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

The giraffe designer (name escapes) is an enigma to me; some weeks I think he's very talented, others I think he's a poser.

Season 13 in a nutshell!

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Alyssa has been hosting All Stars since S3, which aired in 2013.

Yeah, I didn't mean this season, I just mean the show. I can't explain why she bugs me. There probably isn't a good reason. I just don't want her there, in that role.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, millennium said:

Every time she goes into that preachy "now, children" tone, I look at what she's wearing and they cancel each other out. 

yeah, I kind of have the thought "who made you the Queen?"

• Love 4

Christina is too good for this bullshit. The foreign versions of the show have way less stupid "drama," so those designers are probably thinking, "what the fuck is going on with these crazy people?!" Evan was bitchy on his Canadian season, so that is just his personality. He is talented, though.  

I didn't think any of the top three designs were ready for a wild night out.  

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

especially Dmitri's. It looked like an old-fashioned prairie dress to me. Not flattering. I liked the leopard one best just as a dress to fit the challenge. As far as Michelle, I guess I'm old fashioned but I don't think showing your butt is appropriate. 

• Love 8

So... Michelle 'readjusted' her outfit so you wouldn't see the model's belly button but did nothing about seeing the model's whole ass from behind? Okay then... I was hoping one of the judges would have said "Wait a minute can you have your model turn around?" But I guess she won because of the dramah...

Dimitri should be bitching out himself for copying himself and leave Michelle alone. This isn't like she made a dress that was on last year's (insert famous designer here) runway or something. Now if she'd decided to sew as little as possible and hide all her mistakes in flowy fabrics I'd understand them mentioning her knocking off Anya's "style" But imo Dimitri was just being a diva. And when confronted about it he didn't step up and voice his issue so he can suck it basically.

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Dimitri should be bitching out himself for copying himself and leave Michelle alone. This isn't like she made a dress that was on last year's (insert famous designer here) runway or something. Now if she'd decided to sew as little as possible and hide all her mistakes in flowy fabrics I'd understand them mentioning her knocking off Anya's "style" But imo Dimitri was just being a diva. And when confronted about it he didn't step up and voice his issue so he can suck it basically.

I'd like to give you 10 likes.

• Love 4

I went back and checked to see what the exact challenge for this week was. Alyssa said, "Fashion is how we present ourselves to the world. It's like our second skin, and it plays a big part in how attractive we feel. And because the dating scene is such a zoo these days, we're sending you to Turtle Back Zoo. They're committed to wildlife conservation so future generations appreciate and protect the connection between all living things. Your challenge is to create a runway look to attract the most attention on a wild night out. So for your inspiration, you will each track down a different wild animal and we want you to use all their characteristics, not just the way they look."

That was a lot of blah blah blah and honestly, the designers seemed really focused on the snake so it would not surprise me if they didn't hear half of what she said. Not that it matters since the judges don't seem to care if the designers actually fulfill the challenge requirements this season (see also: the corset challenge where most of the corsets weren't visible and the school colors graduation dress challenge where the winning design was not a dress).

• Love 8
1 hour ago, jcbrown said:

I'm done with Michelle. I know she is edited to be this bitchy but they can't use footage you won't give them. Shut up with the interpersonal DRAHma and make cool clothes.

I always remember Heather B's words of wisdom from the very first Real World reunion when Tami tried to claim that she was edited to look like a bitch: "They can't use it if you didn't say it."

• Love 14
23 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Oh look, Anya’s look is like EVERY OTHER OUTFIT SHE HAS EVER DONE! Ad she’s in the middle of the pack AGAIN and safe. 🙄

I loved Michelle’s dress.

Who are these judges?? I can remember when the term Supermodel actually meant something and there were about 5 in the world and you knew who they were. Every model seems to be labeled Supermodel now, making the term meaningless.

I figured Julie was a goner just by the edit she was given.

Anya doing the same dress and taking zero risks and not even getting called out is starting to drive me crazy. She seems like a nice person, but even I could have made that wrap thingy, and I haven’t sewn since middle school. Dmitry repeats a dress once and he is immediately called on it, but Anya? Is apparently Teflon? Whyyyyyyy?

• Love 20

How is Anthony Ryan a thing?  Also, how is Dimitry a thing???  From what I've seen this season, they suck.  Dimitry just makes matronly hippie wear and Anthony Ryan just makes ugly pants and tops.

So many of these outfits just had nothing to do with the animal that they were supposed to represent.  I think the judges are just smoking crack backstage now.  Praising outfits that had nothing to do with the challenge, as per usual.

Michelle's dress was an ugly monstrosity.  It managed to look like a shapeless sack, yet showed off the model's ass.

Generally, these people have no idea how to have a wild night out, based on the outfits they created.

Julie's dress was hideous, but I will miss her, because she was so much fun.  Although, I would be happy for Django to go home too.  His model just looked so unhappy.

I'm so disappointed with this season.  It's clear that the judges are going to have an American winner, when none of the American designers actually deserves to win.

• Love 9

I really liked the theme of this week’s challenge- it seemed more achievable than “NY architecture” as an example. 

And I really liked Sean’s look, even if he was fixing a problem with the crotch. It doesn’t seem fair to me that the designers get so little time to tailor... then are constantly being judged on bad tailoring (rather than bad design)

• Love 7

This season feels really weird. Designers I know to be astonishingly talented (like Juli, for example, and Dmitry, especially) are pulling together barely passable works. The workroom feels flat as if all the air has been sucked out. I know they always have dumb timeframes to do the challenges in, and are usually sleep-deprived, and some of them would be jet-lagged... But Anthony Ryan and Anya are just phoning it in and not being called on it, no! instead the judges are frothing over their lameass replicas; and many of them are sewing like I might, if flung a last minute assignment, if I could get my broken machine working again. The judging is bonkers, the energy of the six standing on the runway is close to dead, and even the wins feel flat (mostly because the wrong one wins, from the wrong top three)--- it's as if they've all time-travelled from 2017 in a spaceship and realized they won't be getting their JC Penney looks manufactured, and they probably won't be getting their $5,000, and the show won't be shown until 2019 (by which time all anyone will be thinking every time they see Georgina Chapman is Harvey Weinstein, ugh).

I will miss Juli, but at least we have Django blowing off Anne who-wears-tablecloths each week.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
On 1/30/2019 at 10:57 PM, Lisapooh said:

Michelle does nothing but talk smack about people and their designs in her talking heads, but she tells Dmitry to say it to her face? 

Girl, puh-leez.

They are expected (actually, encouraged) to talk smack in their talking heads. Whispering crap in the workroom is a different story. Irina was just trying to start trouble.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Susan412 said:

Anya doing the same dress and taking zero risks and not even getting called out is starting to drive me crazy. She seems like a nice person, but even I could have made that wrap thingy, and I haven’t sewn since middle school. Dmitry repeats a dress once and he is immediately called on it, but Anya? Is apparently Teflon? Whyyyyyyy?

The thing about Anya is that most of her looks are really very pretty. She has a good eye for fabric and patterns, even if her designs aren't innovative. I would much rather have her pretty dresses skate through than give a designer a pass when they send unmitigated crap down the runway.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Susan412 said:

I have never understood Anya being a thing in the PR universe.  Yes, she can design a pretty garment, and she has an eye for prints.  But it's a variation of the same pretty garment every week since day one!  It's all she can do!

Georgina, if you are so "over" Irina making different designs that happen to be the same length, why are you not over Anya hauling out a new iteration of the same design week after week?

32 minutes ago, violet and green said:

I will miss Juli, but at least we have Django blowing off Anne who-wears-tablecloths each week.

I do enjoy Django blowing off Anne every week, because she's awful, but I wish I enjoyed his designs as much.  They're awful, too.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, violet and green said:

(by which time all anyone will be thinking every time they see Georgina Chapman is Harvey Weinstein, ugh).

Just as I want to CRY every time I see Dmitry's new face.  I wonder if he'd had Rhinoplasty #1 when we met the handsome boy and his beautiful nose.  Haters told him it was too feminine and he tried (Rhinoplasty #2) to get back the original.  I can't think of any other explanation.

2 hours ago, violet and green said:

Anne is a waste of our time and Project Runway's space.  She adds NOTHING but negative, worthless, and uneducated comments.  Does she have incriminating photos of Harvey Weinstein?  How and why is she here?   GET HER, DJANGO !!!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I would have designed a dress that looked like post-wild night out.  Ragged and barely covering "essentials."  Make-up and hair would look as if she had fallen down a flight of stairs and awakened a bit bruised in a line-up.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I am giving my opinion before reading other posts so please forgive any redundancy.

I am glad Michelle won. I liked her dress. It reminded me of the 20's/30's style but updated with the cut outs and I agree with the judges that it would not look right on women who had larger chests. I don't think Michelle "copied" Dimitri's look, and I think Dimitri asked like a big entitled baby: Dimitri doesn't own a particular look or technique.  Michelle was correct that if she and Dimitri were friends, he should be able to talk to her rather than talk behind her back.

I hated Dimitri's look. Yes, maybe the fabric was pretty, but I thought the style itself was hideous from the puffy fake sleeves to the prairie skirt. It reminded me of an homage to the 70's and not in a good way. I liked Dimitri in his original season but he has become a legand in his own mind and is getting on my nerves, or he is getting a really bad edit.

I liked Anthony Ryan's look, and thought it inferred "owl" without being literal. When they showed the hem of the pants though they looked unfinished or poorly sewn

I didn't think Sean's outfit was awful, and was surprised the judges didn't notice the hairstyle was like the knobs on the top of a giraffe's head, but the fabric was hideous.

I was torn between Django and the one that went home leaving because both were equally awful, but I predicted when they commented early in the episode how her designs were basic and not for the runway, she would be going home. Django better be careful because he's next if he doesn't ramp it up.

I loved Anya's look, but am I the only one who thinks she's becoming a little bit of a one trick pony?

LOVED the yellow jacket, but did not see how Irina's look referenced her animal.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, sunshine23 said:

LOVED the yellow jacket, but did not see how Irina's look referenced her animal.

she was the wallaby, right? So I figured you could fit a baby wallaby (or a baby baby) under there :)

• Love 2

I thought Sean's was awful.  I agreed with whatever designer described it as slutty pajamas.  And with the shiny, cheap-looking fabric and the buns on the model's head, I thought she looked like she belonged in a space-themed Spice Girls music video or something.  But as horrible as it was, I still thought Julie's weird patches randomly sewn to the side of the dress deserved to go... at least Sean seemed like he had an idea, however horribly it was executed.  Julie's...the monkey has fuzzy cheeks so here are some fuzzy thigh patches awkwardly tacked on to a basic black dress?  Huh?  Her personality was lovely though, so she will be missed. 

I agree with the sadness expressed above about Dmitry's once-beautiful face ='(  Bad nose job, too many fillers, combo of both...I don't know, but whatever has happened it's a great loss to humanity. 

• Love 5

For the first time this week, I noticed the smallest of nods to the JCP.com deal (or lack thereof): the words "Previously recorded" showed up in the top left corner of the screen when Alyssa was reminding the designers on the runway that a version of the winning design would be available at JCP.com immediately after the show. I don't think that alone is enough to absolve the show from this weird JCP limbo, but maybe there was a more definite disclaimer in the ending credits. I meant to look, but forgot.

I maintain that Dmitri did nothing wrong in the whole Michelle foofaraw. Irina came to him saying "Hey, Michelle's dress looks like one of yours," and he said "I'm glad she's 'inspired,'" and left it at that. Anthony Ryan stirs the shit further by "letting Michelle know" that there's buzz about her dress, and Michelle comes after Dmitri. "Say it to my face!" Say what? Just like another poster said earlier, it's classic middle-school antics of trying to pit people against each other, and it shouldn't work when one of the two main actors is staying out of it. Of course, this is all as far as we know from what they decided to show us, so who knows.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Norasuke said:

For the first time this week, I noticed the smallest of nods to the JCP.com deal (or lack thereof): the words "Previously recorded" showed up in the top left corner of the screen when Alyssa was reminding the designers on the runway that a version of the winning design would be available at JCP.com immediately after the show. I don't think that alone is enough to absolve the show from this weird JCP limbo, but maybe there was a more definite disclaimer in the ending credits. I meant to look, but forgot.

I maintain that Dmitri did nothing wrong in the whole Michelle foofaraw. Irina came to him saying "Hey, Michelle's dress looks like one of yours," and he said "I'm glad she's 'inspired,'" and left it at that. Anthony Ryan stirs the shit further by "letting Michelle know" that there's buzz about her dress, and Michelle comes after Dmitri. "Say it to my face!" Say what? Just like another poster said earlier, it's classic middle-school antics of trying to pit people against each other, and it shouldn't work when one of the two main actors is staying out of it. Of course, this is all as far as we know from what they decided to show us, so who knows.

Dmitry said a bit more than that. But overall he was not really that bothered, and that seemed to be not acceptable to Irina, who kept trying to stir up crap. And I'm not an Irina hater by any means. 

I like that Anthony Ryan warned Michele about Irina. I don't think he was trying to say that Dmitry was talking smack, just that Irina was starting trouble. Michele calling Dmitry out publicly was a bit much though - I would've discreetly pulled him aside and asked what his true feelings were.

No doubt this whole thing was completely producer-driven though. 

• Love 9
23 hours ago, Gummo said:

Geez, show, I thought drama was the whole POINT! Don't edit out the good stuff!

No, it really isn't. Edit all that shit out. I doubt anyone here tunes into PR to watch shit-stirring by the likes of Gretchen and Helen.

• Applause 1
  • Love 13
23 minutes ago, Tony said:

No, it really isn't. Edit all that shit out. I doubt anyone here tunes into PR to watch shit-stirring by the likes of Gretchen and Helen.

Or Michelle.  She's one of my least favorite designers of all time due to the amount of complaining and whining she does and with her pot stirring.

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, terrymct said:

Or Michelle.  She's one of my least favorite designers of all time due to the amount of complaining and whining she does and with her pot stirring.

Michele really is not a troublemaker though. But she does complain and whine, lol. 

Ivy will always be the most obvious of the PR troublemakers in my book. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6

I think all the designers seem off. Especially Dmitry. And I’m not just talking about his beautiful face. Which is now just strange. I have thought about giving up Project Runway since the originals are going. Given how over I am with this season, it’s looking more and more likely. 

• Love 1

I personally don't see any difference with Irina going to Dmitry, to bring attention to the similarity in Michelle's design to a previous design of his, and Anthony Ryan going to Michelle, to tell her they were talking about it.  (I do think both Irina and Anthony Ryan were trying to stir the pot.)  None of us, including Michelle, know what Dmitry had decided to do.  Maybe he was waiting for a free moment to talk to her about it.  Maybe he had decided it wasn't worth pursuing.  Maybe he had come around to thinking it was an homage.  I don't know.  What I did not see was him trash talking her to the other designers.  What I did see was Michelle shouting their business across a workroom filled with designers (and, I don't remember, maybe models), essentially criticizing him in front of everyone.  IMO, Michelle was the one who handled the situation badly.

But, maybe that's all my bias talking.  I love Dmitry and his designs.  I... don't love Michelle or hers.

• Love 16

For the love of Tim Gunn, how the hell did Django survive?!? That was some fugly garbage up there. I agree with whoever said praying mantis because it sure wasn’t a lion! And what he did to that model’s poor boobs is a crime against nature. 

I thought Biddel had the best dress. I could totally see antelope in it, and it looked fierce and expensive. I couldn’t believe that didn’t make top 3. I like his commentary and the way he interacts with the others. I also liked Irina’s, but couldn’t make the connection with wallaby....

• Love 9

I really am only  committed to two reality competition shows - Top Chef and Project Runway.  For the life of me I cannot figure out why Alyssa Milano has that job.  She just looks like a mess. Who the hell is her stylist?   I cringed this week when she left the stage with the snake and her back and arms were pouring out over the top.  It’s hard for me to listen to her critiques.  

By the way, I’m not a small woman, but I don’t try to pour my Size 14 self into a size 10 dress.  Alyssa needs a new stylist. 

Edited by LisainCali
Editing content
  • Love 6
On 1/31/2019 at 11:46 PM, Cerulean said:

And I really liked Sean’s look, even if he was fixing a problem with the crotch. It doesn’t seem fair to me that the designers get so little time to tailor... then are constantly being judged on bad tailoring (rather than bad design)

I think design is most important for judging but tailoring should be factored in also. I like how in the last few season of regular Project Runway they look at the clothes up close after the initial judging. They often find that someone took the time to do a whole inner lining while another didn't even bother with a zipper and sewed the model into the dress. I was thinking during this episode that they needed to see the clothes up close so they could solve the giraffe "crotch/crutch" mystery once and for all.

• Love 7

I just watched the episode.

They should have sent the Django dress home. It was ugly, unfinished, and did not in any way reference a Lion. That being said, I don't like how Anne has never said anything positive to him. She reminds me of a teacher I had once who made me want to quit Art school.

I think that the leopard dress should have won. It was bold and fierce and did not completely expose the ass like Michelle's dress. Alternatively, I think the owl or the antelope dress should have won. I love the renaissance, but I don't think that Dmitri's look should have been top three and I suspect that he was only there to help create drama, and it actually (and sadly) makes me glad that this is their last season because I am so tired of that aspect of the show.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Whodunnit said:

They should have sent the Django dress home. It was ugly, unfinished, and did not in any way reference a Lion.

Totally. Looks like the model had a wild night out, woke up next morning in a one-size-fits-all "sleep bra," wrapped the green sheet around her and shuffled off to the bathroom runway. Django shoulda been auffed.

I thought the alligator dress back was really creative and the panther dress did well after getting rid of the pants. At least they kept with the theme.

I don't get Anya's staying power. Not at all.

Dimitry. Lord, I'm sad for what he did to his interesting face. He's been extremely sulky this season and his outfits aren't that great. Just not rooting for him this time around. Bummer.

• Love 8