Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Primetimer

Getting In A New York State Of Mind-Altering Substances With Black Monday And High Maintenance

As one of your self-appointed EHG historians, I believe I can shed light on the confusion over the Dawson's Creek mugging episode. My memory is that it was first rejected on the grounds that it wasn't the absolute worst Dawson's Creek episode out there. But in a precedent-setting reversal, it was later decided that, just as canon episodes don't necessarily have to be the single best, nonacs don't have the burden of being the very worst. It was then retroactively given nonac status.

However! Dawson's Creek has no episode in the canon, and EHG historians continue to debate over whether "Downtown Crossing" should be stripped of its nonac status, on the grounds that Dawson's Creek at its best wasn't ever all that good (see the That 70s Show precedent).

As one of your self-appointed EHG historians, I believe I can shed light on the confusion over the Dawson's Creek mugging episode. My memory is that it was first rejected on the grounds that it wasn't the absolute worst Dawson's Creek episode out there. But in a precedent-setting reversal, it was later decided that, just as canon episodes don't necessarily have to be the single best, nonacs don't have the burden of being the very worst. It was then retroactively given nonac status.

However! Dawson's Creek has no episode in the canon, and EHG historians continue to debate over whether "Downtown Crossing" should be stripped of its nonac status, on the grounds that Dawson's Creek at its best wasn't ever all that good (see the That 70s Show precedent).

Impressive recap! The "not good enough for the canon" argument is what stops me from submitting Nonac episodes. I have in mind the absolutely ghastly Big Bang Theory episode where poor Regina King plays a human resource executive who must deal with Sheldon's "accidental" racism. But I doubt the panel would consider the sitcom good at any point so....

Ahem. I watched every episode of the patty Duke show on nick at nite. 

I was also kid so I actually thought patty and cathy Duke were 2 different actresses (twins)

• Like 2

A reference to the creepiest episode of Without a Trace AND a shout-out to the General Wayne Inn, all in the same episode? That's why you guys are the best.

Tara and Sarah are correct: I watched the Netflix Fyre Festival doc before the Hulu one, and that was not the right order.

The hurdle for me, in trying High Maintenance, is that I feel about pot, pot culture, and pot humor, the same way T-bone feels about hippies. I hear from many it's good show, but I just can't make the first move due to the pot-ness of it all.

20 hours ago, Cekrypton1 said:

The hurdle for me, in trying High Maintenance, is that I feel about pot, pot culture, and pot humor, the same way T-bone feels about hippies.

In the same way Friday Night Lights wasn't REALLY about football, High Maintenance is really hardly about that at all. 

• Like 2