Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Songbird Road, Part Two

• Start Topic

On 2/14/2019 at 7:28 PM, mojoween said:

Young Randall, your father said he wanted to be alone, so why are you going out to sit with him on the porch?  Why are you bothering him when he is in the garage?  Give the man an hour for cod’s sack.

Omg I was, like, twitching during these scenes.  Jack handled it very well.  I would've been pulling my hair out.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Not a one of them wears her hair like Rebecca's, either, because those straight lines down the sides of the face just aren't becoming to drooping skin. 

Thank you. I hate her hair cut as older Rebecca. It's so unflattering and I cringe every time I see her. What are they thinking?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, lu1535 said:

Thank you. I hate her hair cut as older Rebecca. It's so unflattering and I cringe every time I see her. What are they thinking?

Old Rebecca/Present-Day Rebecca definitely needs a makeover into the 2019s!  They should also knock off the fake dark tan on Miguel's face.  Not all Hispanic people are dark or grow darker with age.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

Old Rebecca/Present-Day Rebecca definitely needs a makeover into the 2019s!  They should also knock off the fake dark tan on Miguel's face.  Not all Hispanic people are dark or grow darker with age.

I hope they do, I realize they are trying to make her look older, but dowdy is not in. So many women her age, I'm one of them I think, maybe a little younger, don't slouch, shuffle or look pained. I want a show with her laughing and having a good time with Miguel. Have Rebecca live and enjoy life before they have her with some illness or dementia wanting to play pin the tail on the donkey. She deserves better than her scripts now.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Speaking of, the kid who plays Young Jack seems a little too olive-complexioned IMO to grow into Jack By Milo...

• Love 2
On 2/12/2019 at 10:00 PM, Armchair Critic said:

Then Rebecca gets upset because Nicky isn't thrilled about the idea of leaving the only home he has known for years for people who will most likely go back to their own lives and never see him again. And her expression around him was like he smelled bad (okay, maybe he does).

I thought so too.  But I've also noticed that she's had that expression many times before.   Mandy Moore seems to have a couple of go-to expressions that she uses often.  They take me out of the story every time.

On 2/13/2019 at 7:22 AM, ShadowFacts said:

I was a little put off by Rebecca popping up to the hotel only to act the way she did.  She didn't initially want to meet him, now she does, says we need to talk, but then really doesn't listen and treat him as a vulnerable human.  Wants a childhood story.  There was some human warmth missing there from Rebecca toward someone in need.  Sure, it was a tough situation for all, tricky how to approach it, but I didn't like the sense that Nicky was not much more than a source of info about Jack.  How about asking him what he might need, slipping a phone number, something?  Kevin is the only one who made a connection here, and maybe that's okay because the rest of them can't be bothered too much. 

I agree.  She should have been more warm.  Her whole demeanor was very standoffish.  I think she made things more awkward than they already were.  It would have taken very little effort for her to show some kindness toward him.

On 2/13/2019 at 7:38 AM, Katy M said:

I don't mind Kate having to return "now".  She had obviously booked the return flight already with her doctor's appointment in mind.  Should she have never come at all?  Of course not.  But, that doesn't mean she doesn't get to leave when she had planned.

I thought going to the old house was stupid when Randall suggested it.  When Kate pointed out that it wasn't the same house, but Randall said it was the same neighborhood, I was then OK with it, because I figured they were just going to do a drive through on the way to the airport.  Maybe pull over for a couple of seconds.  But, how does going into a house with a completely different layout do anything?

I can certainly understand having to leave, especially when plans involve catching a flight.  But she clearly didn't have to leave just then because she had plenty of time to take a detour to NotTheirHouse with Randall, ring the bell, hang around after being sent away, then go in, reminisce, and hang around long enough that the owners had to tell them it was time to go.   I thought it was pretty obvious that she wanted to bail on the Nicky situation, and she was all in on doing something more fun instead.

I agree that going to a house they had never lived in seemed kind of pointless.  Like you, I thought that  - since they obviously knew their actual house was gone - they would drive thru the neighborhood, maybe look at a park they used to go to or see if their neighbors' houses looked different.  I wouldn't be the slightest bit interested in doing what they did.  I used to live in an old house, and a couple of times people rang the bell, said they used to live there, and asked if they could come inside.  I understand that.  But if someone had come to my door with Randall & Kate's story, I would have found that to be pretty strange.  The inside of a random house doesn't hold any memories.

• Love 4
On 2/13/2019 at 7:55 AM, Trillian said:

The glitter fight did not look like fun.  Maybe that’s because, as a mom, I was painfully aware of how difficult it would be to clean up. 

As a mom, I thought of that too.  But I also couldn't stop thinking about how dangerous it would be if glitter got in someone's eye.  Every time they mentioned "glitter fight" (which they did often - it should have been a drinking game), I cringed a little because all I could see was potential injury.   Even apart from that, it didn't seem like much fun to me.  Even as a kid, I think I would have thought it was kind of lame.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

As a mom, I thought of that too.  But I also couldn't stop thinking about how dangerous it would be if glitter got in someone's eye.  Every time they mentioned "glitter fight" (which they did often - it should have been a drinking game), I cringed a little because all I could see was potential injury.   Even apart from that, it didn't seem like much fun to me.  Even as a kid, I think I would have thought it was kind of lame.

It was a sequin fight - something you don’t hear much about anymore, but kids used them on Valentine mailboxes back in the day.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, nexxie said:

It was a sequin fight - something you don’t hear much about anymore, but kids used them on Valentine mailboxes back in the day.

I'm familiar with sequins, and I still hear about them now since they're still very much in use.  But either way - sequins or glitter - I don't think they're the kind of thing that should be thrown in other people's faces.  It doesn't even seem like it would be fun.

(I called it a glitter fight because that's what the poster I was quoting called it.  I started blocking out what Kate actually said because she talked about it so many times.)

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 4

I felt really bad for the Uncle. He is living out of the way, wants to be left alone, not bothering a soul. Than the self important trio arrive and try and turn his life upside down. Just because he isn't living the way you would like him to it doesn't mean he needs to be helped!

Not to mention our Self Important Trio are hardly examples of perfection themselves.